As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh God, Steam vouchers from GameStop would be wonderful. And hopefully they arrive just in time (or not too long after) for me to buy the new Binding of Isaac DLC with credit that I already have laying around with GS. Just beat BoI with ??? this morning, too. Can't wait to see the new levels and bosses. For a $5 game I sure have gotten a ton of mileage out of it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    man i've never even beat mom... the first time.

i got to her once and was quickly destroyed.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I keep thinking I should pick up Binding of Isaac and give it another chance. Twin stick shooter rogue-like is something that I should be all about, but after playing it a couple of times all I walked away with was an impression of angry bitterness and poop. I get it that dude is pissed off about stuff, but I'd prefer not to be cock slapped with his bitter little boy precious hurt feelings.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Going to the dentist in a few hours to get some problem teeth extracted. I may be a in a vicodin haze for the next few days. If you see me playing something like Railroad Simulator, that is why.

Sorry to necro but damn, did EVERYONE get teeth pulled this week. I developed a problem over the weekend myself and had a tooth pulled monday. Weird. Now I just need to find some time lately to play some games:) Stupid new phone means even though haven't been at my computer I STILL picked up two new games. Arggg.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hey look:
    xlarge.jpg
    Is it wrong that I look at that gift card and think "Man, I can gift 5 to 20 games using that thing..."?

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    so what kind of cut does Gamestop get? Not really a fan of giving them money.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

No reason you'd really have to, this is just another option. I'm guessing good for people who somehow don't have a credit card, or have gamestop credit/giftcards to burn. Hopefully they will let you buy them with GS credit.

captaink on
  • Options
    Tropico free weekend! Hooray I love Tropico. Everyone try them out.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Company of Heroes franchise 80% off... not bad.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

No reason you'd really have to, this is just another option. I'm guessing good for people who somehow don't have a credit card, or have gamestop credit/giftcards to burn. Hopefully they will let you buy them with GS credit.

yeah, was trying to think of a reason to get them at all. Probably the only time I would get one is if someone got me a Gamestop giftcard, but it's been years since that happened. Could see them being useful for other people, though. Hopefully other places will sell them, too.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    And Bunch of Heroes for the daily!!!

...well, you can't have a completely awesome sale weekend, right?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1324018272

Daily deal for $2.50
    Four-pack for $7.50

Good game?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Daily deal for $2.50
    Four-pack for $7.50

Good game?

By almost all accounts from people who got it during that summer sale, nope.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Daily deal for $2.50
    Four-pack for $7.50

Good game?
    No. Most of us got it from an indie bundle. It's mediocre at best, and buggy/crashy at worst.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Ok, bypassing that then. Glad I didn't jump on a 4 pack..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular

Daily deal for $2.50
    Four-pack for $7.50

Good game?

It's pretty meh. And that achievement during the Winter sale for it was gawdawful.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Is Tropico 4 that different from Tropico 3?

It looks rather neat, but the features it boasts makes it sound like more of an expansion pack.

• Options
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Is Tropico 4 that different from Tropico 3?

It looks rather neat, but the features it boasts makes it sound like more of an expansion pack.

That's basically what it is. I still like it though. I you haven't played either one, Tropico 3 is more bang for your buck.

• Options
    Why is my signature still showing all-time played? I've been playing a bunch of Steam games recently. :/

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    Guys, Rockstar Games is offering you Midnight Club 2 if you join their Official Community Group
    Join the Official Rockstar Games Community on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames by 10 am Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and receive one non-giftable copy of Midnight Club 2 in your Steam account.

Eligibility: User must have a Steam account with at least one successful purchase in the account. The offer is not available to users who already own Midnight Club 2.

Midnight Club doesn't seem to work well with 7 and Vista though. Not officially supported, but if you disable DEP it should run.

How's this work? I joined because free game I don't have, but is that all I have to do? Where'd you read this?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    That's from an official announcement from the group page. Here's the actual post.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Free game? Sure, why not.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Why is my signature still showing all-time played? I've been playing a bunch of Steam games recently. :/

Looking at you profile, maybe you need to pass the 1 hour threshold. I think @Suds was tweaking the minimum time played a bit.
    Just play 6 more minutes of Portal 2! :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »

Looking at you profile, maybe you need to pass the 1 hour threshold. I think @Suds was tweaking the minimum time played a bit.
    Just play 6 more minutes of Portal 2! :D

Darn my short attention span!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular

There's a 1 hour minimum @ArcSyn

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Good choice for first ever PA Steam thread game night!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

I got the game before the dreaded Christmas Achievement was put into effect and found it to be semi-fun when played with friends and not in survival mode. So if someone wants to play, I'm down for it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I got the game before the dreaded Christmas Achievement was put into effect and found it to be semi-fun when played with friends and not in survival mode. So if someone wants to play, I'm down for it.

I only have the main game. Are the expansions worth it? Also it's about time for a new thread I think.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    8BK3A-NEEV0-HWRXW

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »

There's a 1 hour minimum @ArcSyn
    I think the sigs are currently slightly borkened as well

Says I'm currently playing Arkham City, not played since yesterday

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Having said that Steam also believes I am in game at the moment

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I want to punch that code in. Just to know what it is, but I don't want to take it.. Argh. :P

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I want to punch that code in. Just to know what it is, but I don't want to take it.. Argh. :P

Same here

WHAT IF IT'S BAD RATS?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I buckled, but I already owned the game. But just to torture you all I'm not saying what it is. :P

edit: Wait, if I already own it I didn't waste the code did I?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If Diablo 3 wasn't waiting in the wings I'd make the sacrifice to find out what it is, but alas!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I buckled, but I already owned the game. But just to torture you all I'm not saying what it is. :P

edit: Wait, if I already own it I didn't waste the code did I?

no, it doesn't use them if you already have it

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    How could a PA steam thread game night be set up? What days are best for most people? What games do most people own?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    wasn't that the original idea of the adventure time group?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    How could a PA steam thread game night be set up? What days are best for most people? What games do most people own?

1) Good Luck!
    2) Every day, All Time Zones, again Good Luck.
    3) Every Game.

50433.png?1708759015
This discussion has been closed.