Options

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    yeah if i get a communicator watch i'm gonna need 1) the ability to talk into it and 2) be able to see the other guy talking into it on it and also for that guy to see me on his

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    yeah if i get a communicator watch i'm gonna need 1) the ability to talk into it 2) be able to see the other guy talking into it on it and also for that guy to see me on his and 3) somebody to talk to

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jesus, why can't my local JET people just fuckin' email us with whether we've been accepted or not

all these other countries do that

just tell me already

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Firstly whatever version of Doom 1 Ep 1 Level 1 that is, it's awesome.

Secondly, sometimes I read things and feel a little dizzy by how incredible they are.

Basically, Arvix has a paper up on the quantities of potentially life-bearing rock ejected into space by the asteroid which killed the dinosaurs. Bacteria to be sure, but earth bacteria - of the type we brought back from the moon because someone coughed on a lander, and which was found to come back to life once you have them heat, water and food.

A bunch of it should have rained down on moons in the Jupiter system. But the thing which makes me dizzy is the notion that some of it would have made it into interstellar space. Which is 1, holy shit amazing, and 2, because by now it could have made it to Gliese 581 - a super-Earth in the habitable zone, 20 light years away. And, that assuming a few things about transfer rates, that if life appeared anywhere in the galaxy about 10^10 years ago, then it would have spread through the entire galaxy - including being able to reach Earth by 4.6 billion years ago.

Arvix link.

Tell me that doesn't fill you with cosmic awe.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    yeah if i get a communicator watch i'm gonna need 1) the ability to talk into it and 2) be able to see the other guy talking into it on it and also for that guy to see me on his

You and Dick Tracy will have all of the best conversations.

• Options
    yeah if i get a communicator watch i'm gonna need 1) somebody to talk to

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Just as awesome as the projects getting funded on Kickstarter are the projects that are failing to get funded. Projects like reviving the Leisure Suit Larry game series.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvcpiV75nCY&feature=relmfu

I really like Kow Otani's style. I was surprised to hear his stuff in this game, really. but it's amazing! So varied, too.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What can I say, I love to see people with bad ideas learn just how bad their ideas are.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What can I say, I love to see people with bad ideas learn just how bad their ideas are.

I can only achieve an erection if I find Kickstarters that have ended with less than $50 pledged.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    all these people posting on that kickstarter page want OLED screens. No! Stop it!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    so like

what stops a person from promising to do something on kickstarter

and then not doing it and taking all the money

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    It seems to me like music being dominant is more of a Japanese thing, but i might be wrong. Seems like the last few western games had more atmospheric soundtracks whereas the last few eastern games had a soundtrack that stood out more.
    Pretty much yes.

The only game I've played recently where the music was really good was... oh, what a surprise, Skyrim main theme by... yup, Jeremy Soule! I was really disappointed RAGE didn't have an awesome soundtrack to go with it; I was hoping they'd go the Painkiller route of awesome metal to play to, but then I guess they'd have to worry about stupid market demographics. :<

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    all these people posting on that kickstarter page want OLED screens. No! Stop it!

People on the Internet are stupid.

What's stupid about OLED screens?

i'm not, like, for or against them, just curious.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

• Options
    the leisure suit larry kickstarter doesn't seem to have failed

am i missing something

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    so like

Scouts Honour right now.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    This tidbit from the World War 2 Tweets accounts sounds like something out of a Tolkein novel
    King Haakon plans to leave Elverum, to protect civilians: "I cannot bear to watch children crouching in the snow as bullets mow down trees."

Norwegian names are silly, is what I am saying here

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    so like

Fraud charges?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvcpiV75nCY&amp;feature=relmfu

I really like Kow Otani's style. I was surprised to hear his stuff in this game, really. but it's amazing! So varied, too.

I don't know what this is because I cannot play it at work but based on the preview frame...

21st, do you have something to tell us?

About what? i am puzzled here. i linked a song from a video game i'm playing these days, composed by Kow Otani.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvcpiV75nCY&amp;feature=relmfu

I don't know what this is because I cannot play it at work but based on the preview frame...

21st, do you have something to tell us?

• Options
    yeah if i get a communicator watch i'm gonna need 1) somebody to talk to
    also yes

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

They're great, but e-ink is better for this (mainly for the battery life, the readability is less important on a watch)

• Options
    Actually wait. Portal 2 also had amazing music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5NJ4Wf2guo

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    so like

Kickstarter: MAKE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE -OR- A BLOWJOB

*flees to mexico*

• Options
    so like

Nothing at all.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Trent Reznor needs to bang out another Video Game Soundtrack

• Options
    so like

I think the way it works is that money only changes hands after the product is released?

So like, maybe the start up company can borrow against the money they have raised in the kickstarter but, until they release the product, they don't actually get the money from kickstarter.

Does that make sense?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Actually wait. Portal 2 also had amazing music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5NJ4Wf2guo

That part of the game had an excellently structured gag.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

They're great, but e-ink is better for this (mainly for the battery life, the readability is less important on a watch)

Also OLEDs tend to get washed out in direct sunlight, which would be problematic in this application.

I think I'm going to pass on this one, but v2 should be pretty sweet.

• Options
    This would also allow kickstarter to make money off accrued interest of their holdings, so that would make sense I think.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Cat peed on my bed when I was asleep. Well, at least he waited until an hour before I had to get up... washing all my stuff now. =/

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    [/spoiler]
    simonwolf wrote: »
    This tidbit from the World War 2 Tweets accounts sounds like something out of a Tolkein novel
    King Haakon plans to leave Elverum, to protect civilians: "I cannot bear to watch children crouching in the snow as bullets mow down trees."

Norwegian names are silly, is what I am saying here

f u

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    so like

Fraud charges?

there's no legal obligation to deliver, though. afaik

like, i get kickstarter funds, blow through all my cash on "development" or whatever. It's all in the name of bringing my project together, but it goes towards my "office" and ramen noodles and whatnot

as long as i can prove that that cash went towards my project in some fashion, i skirt fraud charges

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Lud, might just be me, but your sig seems to not be working.

• Options
    the leisure suit larry kickstarter doesn't seem to have failed

am i missing something

I am assuming that they will not reach their goal, given their current funding level, remaining time, and my desire to retain some faith in humanity.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Lud, might just be me, but your sig seems to not be working.

imgur has been shitting the bed for the past 2 or 3 weeks. It will come back and go away and come back and go away, but even though it would take barely anymore effort to fix than typing out this reply, I can't be arsed to do it.

• Options
    That part of the game had an excellently structured gag.
    Which of the many excellently structured gags are you thinking of?

Also, did you go back when Wheatley asks you to come back? God my sides hurt so much from laughing when I did.

• Options
    so like

I think the way it works is that money only changes hands after the product is released?

So like, maybe the start up company can borrow against the money they have raised in the kickstarter but, until they release the product, they don't actually get the money from kickstarter.

Does that make sense?

Nope, once they exceed their goal and the time ends, everybody pays up.

It's inevitable that there will be a major shitstorm at some point when a major project doesn't deliver (it's happened for a least one small project that I'm familiar with).

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Cat peed on my bed when I was asleep. Well, at least he waited until an hour before I had to get up... washing all my stuff now. =/

in your face, human

This discussion has been closed.