Options

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I know it makes me a huge nerd, but I want this pretty bad: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

I want something like that but with a higher res screen and higher quality case/band. It's a cool toy now but not something I'd seriously want wear. The low res screen makes the elegant themes (like a round clock face) look crappy and the unit looks cheesy.

Yeah, they are super funded though. So I can happily wait for the version 2, with a better battery and better resolution screen.

I will give money to anyone that makes me more like a cyborg. I plan on ship of theseusing my way into immortality on the Neural-Cyber Highway Cloud 6.0

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Tintin movie was incredible. Saw it two nights ago.

So awesome!!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I love what is happening on kickstarter right now

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    me2
    all i've got left is jack and thane's loyalty missions, then i have to do the 3 dlc's, then reaper IFF

when do I get legion? I can't remember. Is it on the reaper IFF mission? And then after the next mission the collectors attack my ship?

also taking the renegade options in tali's trial was soooooo awesome

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    me2
    all i've got left is jack and thane's loyalty missions, then i have to do the 3 dlc's, then reaper IFF

when do I get legion? I can't remember. Is it on the reaper IFF mission? And then after the next mission the collectors attack my ship?

yeah you get him after that mission.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I know it makes me a huge nerd, but I want this pretty bad: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

I want something like that but with a higher res screen and higher quality case/band. It's a cool toy now but not something I'd seriously want wear. The low res screen makes the elegant themes (like a round clock face) look crappy and the unit looks cheesy.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a better screen (cutting off the edges of the round clockfaces is pretty bad) or a metal case. Better screen would make the battery life worse though, then you end up with a 1-day life like this Sony thing: http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/12/sony-smartwatch-now-available-in-the-us-for-150/

No you wouldn't. That's an LCD screen, not e-ink, it uses way more power.

Well, higher res e-ink screens use more power too, but I can't imagine the life dropping to 1 day.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    me2

You get Legion on the IFF. I like to leave one loyalty mission for after it, so it goes IFF > Other Loyalty > Legion Loyalty. It lets you unlock Legion's Widow before doing his loyalty mission and gives you an extra mission to use him on if so inclined

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    The Tintin movie was incredible. Saw it two nights ago.

So awesome!!

Still want to see one of these:

tintin-lovecraft.jpg

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Those guys are going to make a billion dollars.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Infiltrator is really cool.

Cryo blast isn't super, though.

It is super useful. Fire it off when you see Bogart a sniper lining up a shot. Watch them miss as the guy falls over. Giggle.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Yo @surrealitycheck

Do you happen to have two monitors with different native resolutions, cause there's a funky benchmark that would be pretty baws if you could run.

My 570 and I've heard lots of other nvidia cards do this silly thing when two monitors with different native resolutions (and possibly just two different monitors, I've heard it both ways) where it starts getting way hotter for pretty much no reason. Like, with all my fans on silent and one monitor plugged in it runs at 40C, but with two monitors it runs at 55C with the fans actually on and bein loud. This is just idling on the desktop, not even running anything. While 55c isn't like, dangerous hot for them at all, it's still silly and an enormous waste of energy/heat so if you could see if the 680 does that too it'd be dope.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering throwing them enough cash for a watch

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    me2

You get Legion on the IFF. I like to leave one loyalty mission for after it, so it goes IFF > Other Loyalty > Legion Loyalty. It lets you unlock Legion's Widow before doing his loyalty mission and gives you an extra mission to use him on if so inclined
    I did that, and ended up screwed, FYI. If you go this route, make sure you save immediately before going to the Reaper IFF mission.

• Options
    God VVVVVV had awesome music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcszd-s_uLU

Actually, there's an amazing quantity of good VGM on the VIP: dagobah.net/flash/vip.swf

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    These shall be our generation's cabbage patch dolls

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    me2

I did that, and ended up screwed, FYI. If you go this route, make sure you save immediately before going to the Reaper IFF mission.
    I have done this probably literally a dozen times without issue. What mission did you leave for after? Did you leave exactly one mission?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering throwing them enough cash for a watch

If I had the cash I would seriously consider it.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    oh hello bob

QUIT STEALING MY SCHTICK!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It is super useful. Fire it off when you see Bogart a sniper lining up a shot. Watch them miss as the guy falls over. Giggle.

but I'm a sniper

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    sadly tehsloth i only have one monitor atm and its a measly 1650x1080

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, I was right, docking is the term.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    me2

I totally thought this was a reply to

And now I'm more spoiled than robin leach

• Options
    what is the point of a communicator watch if I can't actually talk into it

snore

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    me2

yeah but don't the collectors attack during the next mission after reaper IFF? I wanted to save everyone, my crew included, on this playthrough

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    the match just now was super fun

firebase reactor, geth, silver

I had to solo the 8th wave, for which infiltrator is perfect

also I don't know why I brought the pistol, I used the viper the entire match

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    oh hello bob

youlostme.jpg

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    These shall be our generation's cabbage patch dolls

my generation's cabbage patch doll was the cabbage patch doll

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    what is the point of a communicator watch if I can't actually talk into it

snore

Does it tell you how much ammo you have left at least?

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    oh hello bob

youlostme.jpg

Nexus and I have been doing this for...god is it a couple of years now?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    I'm really liking infiltrator. Cloak is unmatched in its usefulness.

Adrenaline rush is nice, and there is nothing that lets you do more damage, but cloak is godamn useful for everything

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

but I'm a sniper

Oh well then excuse me while I switch to my engineer....

• Options
    oh hello bob

Nexus and I have been doing this for...god is it a couple of years now?

if you like it then you should have put a patent on it

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

I wonder: Did Tim Schafer pursue it independantly, or was he inspired by Order of the Stick smashing its original target by +lots?

• Options
    SotC had amazing music in it, as did FFVI. Did you ever hear Jeremy Soule's OCRemix of Terra's theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iNyIIyLbk

I really hope we move back to have music in a very prominent role for games. In the last few years a lot of games have tried to cut back on the music in the fear that it's 'dominating' the atmosphere too much, but frankly some of the most memorable bits of gaming for me have always been made by the music.

• Options
    I'm willing to blow up that picture of rowan to one billion square pixels

I'm willing to commit to this

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The game i'm currently playing has a pretty surprisingly great soundtrack by Kow Otani (the Shadow of the Colossus guy). Sengoku Basara looks like dumb fun, but i'm really digging the music a lot.

It seems to me like music being dominant is more of a Japanese thing, but i might be wrong. Seems like the last few western games had more atmospheric soundtracks whereas the last few eastern games had a soundtrack that stood out more.

21stCentury on
This discussion has been closed.