As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Giantbomb guys left Gamespot. Gamespot got bought by CBS. CBS bought GiantBomb and basically put them under the Gamespot guys.

There was once bad blood at Gamespot, hence why they left, but those people are gone from Gamespot.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    So now they can play the Price Is Right theme any time.

Also Star Trek

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    They aren't under the gamespot guys, they're just working in the same building.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    And Screened is no more, so Matt Rorie got the rug pulled from under him, sadly.

• Options
    Zandracon wrote: »
    They aren't under the gamespot guys, they're just working in the same building.

I seem to remember some specific wording to the contrary, but I will assume you're right until I can prove otherwise.

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    And Screened is no more, so Matt Rorie got the rug pulled from under him, sadly.

Screened it still a movie site, even basically being ran the same minus the podcast, it just doesn't employ any former WhiskeyMedia guys (aka Matt Rorie).

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Screened it still a movie site, even basically being ran the same minus the podcast, it just doesn't employ any former WhiskeyMedia guys (aka Matt Rorie).

Oh hey, never mind then. That still is a damn shame for Rorie, though.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Gamespot ok, thats who it was. Well as long as their still making videos.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    NOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Video production will cease on June 1, 2012. Sorry Bucketman

• Options
    edited April 2012
    They made it explicitly clear that Giant Bomb is still Giant Bomb, but now with less financial issues.

And to prove their point the first quick look in the new offices was this (wait until they get to the mic tests)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0D0lk0qDY

And recently there was a TNT focused solely on Cards Against Humanity + its expansion set.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Giantbomb guys left Gamespot. Gamespot got bought by CBS. CBS bought GiantBomb and basically put them under the Gamespot guys.

dinosaur eats man

women inherit the earth

sig.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hello.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    women... dinosaurs????

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    And recently there was a TNT focused solely on Cards Against Humanity + its expansion set.

Which also featured the offensive Brad Muir and beer

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    divasaurs

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    guurrlociraptor

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    gorilla raptor!???

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    n

yes

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Brad Muir is one of those dudes that looks exactly how he sounds

Not in a bad way mind you

But when I heard him talk I imagined biggish dude with giant smile

And that's Brad Muir.

• Options
    I was listening to the Bomb Squad way before I knew what they looked like, and man. I wasn't close on any of them

Least of all Brad, not surprisingly

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Before I saw him, I always figured that Dave would be a much larger man.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think Brad Muir is the only dude that I had any accurate mental picture of.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular

Random fact of the day: Ryan retweets teefs all the time, and has conversations with her sometimes as well.

It was pretty strange the first time I made the connection and was like "whoa, i sort of know that person"

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    I followed Ryan on twitter and had to unfollow him a few days later. He is relentless with those tweets.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Fun fact

Dave was the captain of his high school football team

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »

Random fact of the day: Ryan retweets teefs all the time, and has conversations with her sometimes as well.

It was pretty strange the first time I made the connection and was like "whoa, i sort of know that person"

horrible fact

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I followed Ryan on twitter and had to unfollow him a few days later. He is relentless with those tweets.

you're missing out

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

What the hell did you expect, Dave is gigantic. Have you ever even seen him standing next to anyone else?

Wait I guess you meant fat. I mean he is a large man as he does occupy a large volume, but it's mostly in height, true.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    listening to Drew talk about North Korea

man

so glad I got my subscription back on

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If I buy a subscription now, can I listen to the Dave in NK thing?

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    hell yeah, it's archived

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Oh thank god, for a second I thought my PS3's drive was busted, but one of those cheap Radioshack lens cleaning kits came to the rescue.

I don't think I could have handled another service cycle hell.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I just did not play my xbox for like 6 months because it wouldn't read the halo reach disc every once in a while and I thought the drive was busted.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    lone survivor is uh

well actually a little unnerving

still dunno what the heck is up with this game but i've only played a little bit

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    This is pretty much a North Korea quicklook.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    more like Quicklook EX since the government is controlling what you see

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I got pretty bored with looking at Lone Survivor. The creepy corpse at first was okay, but nothing else looked interesting

This discussion has been closed.