As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    oh awesome, my crowns are going to cost $2000

on top of the $1800 that was just billed to my dental insurance for my root canals

teeth why are you doing this

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    brer

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    286z80p.png

and yet there is no sneakpost

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    and now spencer's post is forever unread

man, these forums

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i kept clicking and clicking where is the sneakpost

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    you can find the start of it in sneak's post history
    "oh awesome, my crowns are going to cost $2000 on top of the $1800 that was just billed to my dental insurance for my root canals teeth why are you doing this"

:(

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I like BlazBlue a lot but Skullgirls is much less curbstompy, so I like it more.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    i think the general skill level at skullgirls is lower because it's been out less than a month and blazblue's been out many years

some system mechanics are more punishing in bb (CH/FCH/no assist crutches) but also less punishing (huge tech window/bigger superjump/barrier block/burst)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i mean, there are tod corner combos in skullgirls
    and even midscreen combos are generally longer, do a lot of damage, and carry far

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    i mean, there are tod corner combos in skullgirls
    and even midscreen combos are generally longer, do a lot of damage, and carry far

i did a three bar ToD corner combo in training mode!! but it required me grabbing them while they were already being affected by valentine's damage over time poison, so it literally can't ever happen as a 100-0

unintentional on
  • Options
    286z80p.png

and yet there is no sneakpost

what happened to my post :'(

• Options
    okay well i was just complaining because

holy shit

my crowns will cost $2000

this is on top of the $1800 that was already billed to my dental insurance from my root canals

why are you doing this teeth

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Sneak, what have you been doing to your teeth?

Are you biting your TE when you lose?

• Options
    what exactly is a root canal

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    God damn I hate the damn dentist. My condolences the sneak. The root canal and crown price tag always stopped me from going that route, especially since I ain't got much grill worth saving.

Dentist: 'so we can do a root canal and crowns and start looking at implants and a bunch of shit to save your teeth and we can....'
    Me: 'yank em'
    Dentist: 'well extraction may not be the best option because....'
    Me: 'fuck em. Yank the bastards'
    Dentist: 'I feel obligated to point out...'
    Me: '3k per tooth vs a hundo per. I got vice grips and whiskey. You do it or I will.'
    Dentist: 'but my ferrarri :('

• Options
    spooky commentary is my favorite commentary

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    what exactly is a root canal

basically they cut into your tooth and fix the vein that's fucked up inside of it

• Options
    aaa

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I can see it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    All I'm imagining, is that Sneak and Knob have teeth straight out of a Ren and Stimpy cartoon.

• Options
    I don't know if Sneak's are nice looking and just prone to failure

But in my case, that's a pretty apt description

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    It kills me deep down that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has yet to include an alternate Dan Hibiki costume for Ryu.

I was really looking forward to unleashing the Dan Hibiki Power Trio.

But I can still hold out hope that Capcom is just holding him for the spin-off game, Dan Hibiki's Freaky Tiki Beach Volleyball, right?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I like that Dan isn't in it.

I'm satisfied with most of the cast

except characters like Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright

who are ABSOLUTELY USELESS

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Hey, I use both of those characters.

But yeah, they're pretty bad.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Pheonix Wright is part of the Dan Hibiki Power Trio, along with Deadpool (or, in a perfect world, Samba de Amigo.)

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    A root canal is basically where they pull all the nerves and soft tissue out of the middle of your tooth and then fill it with something and cap it off. It's a scorched earth tactic for dealing with chronic tooth pain in dental patients.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    some kinda big things happening all the sudden for couchtech.

twitch might be throwing some money at a tournament im streaming and helping run here in town. still preliminary, but just the notion is pretty cool.

and thats not even the biggest thing

this is beyond awesome.

you mean

we

are beyond awesome

Farbeyondawesome.

Also TA Predator just came back from 2-0 down to beat Noel in losers' finals, he blew him the fuck UP with Haggar in round four.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I am playing on the xbox if anyone wants to kof ae or sfxt

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    some kinda big things happening all the sudden for couchtech.

twitch might be throwing some money at a tournament im streaming and helping run here in town. still preliminary, but just the notion is pretty cool.

and thats not even the biggest thing

this is beyond awesome.

you mean

we

are beyond awesome

Farbeyondawesome.

Also TA Predator just came back from 2-0 down to beat Noel in losers' finals, he blew him the fuck UP with Haggar in round four.

Mayor of Earth for... Mayor of Universe.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Noel needs to innovate.

Badly.

He's been playing the same shit forever and no one falls for it anymore.

His Frank TAC combos are way too predictable.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    I am playing on the xbox if anyone wants to kof ae or sfxt

Swordfights, did I add you on Xbox? I don't remember if I did. But we need to KOF. I want to KOF everyone.

When I'm not at work. Which is now.

• Options
    Yup, I'm mister spaceman

I'm on right now

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Ah, alright. I won't get off work until midnight tonight. Don't know if you'll still be on then.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Knob wrote: »
    I don't know if Sneak's are nice looking and just prone to failure

But in my case, that's a pretty apt description

My front teeth are perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, soft teeth run in my family, and my molars began to rot early in my teens. It has always been a huge embarrassment for me, so I never really talk about it. Suffice it to say that I do not have any molars at all, as they all had to be extracted. The two teeth that needed root canals had deep fillings about two years ago, but unfortunately, the roots died anyhow, and root canals and crowns were needed in order to save them. Because the rest of my teeth are perfect, I couldn't justify yanking them out yet, and will do anything I can to save them at this point.

Unfortunately, my dental insurance only covers 1500.00 per year, and while I understand that a portion of the root canal bill that is being sent to them will be written off, they still have to pay quite a bit on them, and I have a bad feeling that I will have to pay for most, if not all, of the cost of my crowns out of pocket...

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Damn, that sucks Sneak.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Pheonix Wright is part of the Dan Hibiki Power Trio, along with Deadpool (or, in a perfect world, Samba de Amigo.)

I know you meant Amingo. It's okay; I forgive you.

• Options
    Amingo/SonSon/Thanos

New hotness in 2012

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I bet you could make Thanos real nasty in MvC3 without changing too much.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    teeth seem like a fucking terrible evolutionary adaptation

they're really prone to damage and infection, can cause severe pain, and are often vectors for infection to move to the throat, the sinuses, or even the brain

nature fucked you sneak

nature fucked you raw and it ain't right

on the upside if you do lose a bunch of your teeth, modern dentures are extremely convincing and much more convenient than the horrible dripping monstrosities our grandparents gummed

• Options
    I'm looking forward to dentures

gonna get a real set

and a set of shark teeth

and some gold plated ones with some diamonds that have a swear across them

This discussion has been closed.