As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 79 - Khorne Bathes the Old World in Blood!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Round 2, Corruption Phase

game79state15.png

Domination step:
    Troll Country: +1 VP
    Kislev: +3 VP
    Bretonnia: +3 VP DAC
    Estalia: +4 VP
    Tilea: +2 VP DAC, Cache claimed
    The Border Princes: +1 VP

Corruption step:
    Norsca: +1, +3 DAC
    Troll Country: +2, +4 DAC
    Kislev: +4 DAC
    Bretonnia: +2
    Estalia: +2, +2 DAC, +1

Updated VP:
    4 + 5 = 9 VP
    3 + 3 = 6 VP
    5 + 1 = 6 VP
    5 VP
    5 + 5 = 10 VP

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Round 2, End Phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

game79state161.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - none

3. Resolve Old World cards - Reavers find no victims; The Horned Rat places a Skaven token at a Warpstone

4. Score Ruined Regions - none

5. Advance Threat Dials - There is a tie for most DACs; each god ticks once

12 - Upgrade
    10 - Remove 1 Corruption
    9 - Upgrade
    11 - Upgrade
    9 - Upgrade

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 9 VP
    Nurgle: 6 VP
    Tzeentch: 6 VP
    Slaanesh: 5 VP
    The Horned Rat: 10 VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end

Things that need to happen:
    1. The Horned Rat (@displaced quasar) to place a Skaven token at a Warpstone
    2. Khorne (@BoardGamer) to choose an upgrade
    3. Nurgle (@Cerberus) to remove a corruption token
    4. Tzeentch (@Flimflammery) to choose an upgrade
    5. Slaanesh (@Gorden858) to choose an upgrade
    6. The Horned Rat to choose an upgrade
    7. The next Old World card will be revealed; The Horned Rat to make any decisions
    8. Tzeentch may discard a card before drawing back up to 5
    9. The Horned Rat may cash in his Cache

Once again, everyone has permission to draw the next OWC once all prior decisions have been made.

Edit: There should be 6 Tzeentch corruption in Troll Country. This will be corrected on the next update.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks blah!

I will choose the Horror upgrade.

No discard.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I will remove a Tzeentch corruption but it will be in Estalia instead please.

• Options
    displaced quasardisplaced quasar WI, USARegistered User regular
    I didn't know that Nurgle could move the corruption token instead of removing it.

1. Skaven token to Norsca
    2. Under Empire upgrade
    3. I would like to cash in my Cache

• Options
    BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Nerfed Bloodletters Upgrade

BoardGamer on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I didn't know that Nurgle could move the corruption token instead of removing it.

He has just removed it (*shakes fist*). He was just referring to the fact that a Tzeentch corruption token had been left off the board in Troll Country accidentally by our esteemed mod.

• Options
    Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    Let's try the Daemonette Upgrade for once. I have seen the KoS beeing kidnapped by Tzeentch or Khorne to often...

• Options
    And the Old World brings us:

Mass Exodus
    - Place one Peasant token in every region except Norsca, Kislev and The Badlands.
    - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

• Options
    Tzeentch does not discard and draws up to 5. Everybody else draws 2 cards.

The Rat caches in its WTC.

@boardgamer to start the next Summoning Phase.

• Options
    Thanks, Gorden!

Round 3, Summoning Phase

game79state17.png

Reavers (remove a Peasant at Event) have something to do again! And Skavengers (HR places a Skaven token at a Warpstone during end phase) just keep on skavenging.

Khorne (@BoardGamer) is active.

• Options
    Play Lure of Battle to Estalia.
    7/7 PP

• Options
    edited June 2012
    "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

(M) Filth in Estalia, removing a Tzeentch corruption for my own!

Slaanesh, if you don't take the hint that I am trying to give you second place to stop a well positioned Tzeentch, then you are... Just take second place...

Also, man Khorne is in a strong postion!

E - 6/6PP

Cerberus on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wow. Severe deja vu. Ah well, time for Plan B, I suppose :?

(M) Havoc in Norsca, plus a free Horror.

4/6 PP

Cerberus wrote: »

Too right, he is! Start picking on him, then ;-)

@Gorden858

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You really want that double tick, hmm? What a pain for you and a pleasure for everyone else would it be, if we could deny you that again ;-)

Corrupt from within - 1 to Norsca moving the Warpstone to Trollcountry.

5/6 PP

Too right, he is! Start picking on him, then ;-)

His time will come, too.

Gorden858 on
  • Options
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    You really want that double tick, hmm? What a pain for you and a pleasure for everyone else would it be, if we could deny you that again ;-)

Corrupt from within - 1 to Norsca moving the Warpstone to Trollcountry.

Ouch! Nicely played.

Sigh. It's onto Plan C then (not yet fully formed, but it's getting there...).

• Options
    @blahmcblah

There seems to be a problem on handtracker; for some reason, The Horned Rat still has 17 cards still in his deck, when he should have 15:

24 - 5 = 19 (1st turn); 19 - 2 = 17 (2nd turn); 17 - 2 = 15 (3rd turn)

• Options
    Bet he just hasn't drawn his cards for this turn yet.

• Options
    Ah, good point.

• Options
    The Horned Rat (@displaced quasar) is active.

• Options
    Clan Rat to Troll Country

7/6 PP

• Options
    Bloodletter to Troll Country
    5/7 PP

• Options
    Plaguebearer to Norsca
    5/6PP

• Options
    Brother Khorne, would you mind killing the rat, he seems to be doing very well while left unattended, take a look and use your own judgement...

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Stupid double post - Blame Tzeentch changing the way of things!

Cerberus on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Brother Khorne, would you mind killing the rat, he seems to be doing very well while left unattended, take a look and use your own judgement...

The amount of points that are likely to be flying around by the end of this turn is potentially ridiculous; and yes, the Rat is probably going to do well because of it, and should probably be curbed somewhat - but don't be disingenuous, Grandfather, you're going to be doing rather well out of it too, particularly now I inadvertently gifted you with up to five more cheap cultists this turn. Brother Khorne, if I were you I'd certainly try to do as much damage as possible to the only Nurgle stronghold that is vulnerable this turn. Take a look and use your own judgement ;-) At any rate, you'll probably be back, but I'll show you out the door from Troll Country for the moment:

(M) Warp Portal to Troll Country, discarding Bolt of Change to move the Bloodletter to the Empire. Throw in a free Horror too, please.

4/6 PP

[Edited to change the destination of the Bloodletter]

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    Do you really want to do that?
    I'm not as much of a threat as Khorne and he scores VP from kills... Why not move it to TBP?

• Options
    Hmm. I think it's more that you're roughly equal threats at the moment, but Khorne becomes a little more threatening when I put him in Kislev. Very well, I'll alter my move slightly, since Gorden hasn't gone yet.

• Options
    Good call... I do think we'll shortly see a new Bloodletter in Troll Country anyway. Though it is ruining this round due to the move of the warpstone... so not too much to worry about.

• Options
    Yep, as I said in my rejigged post re more Bloodletters. It will ruin anyway but I'd prefer to give you as few chances as possible to share (or steal!) first place ;-)

• Options
    You are 2 corruption ahead of me in TC and have 2 more cultists and now a Horror, there is no way you are not getting 1st place. It is highly unlikely that I will not get 2nd, though I may be stopped from getting ruiners bonus.
    Currently I see Khorne and the Rat in the lead, I would have placed you up there, but think you have been put back a bit this turn.
    Still it is quite an open game at the moment, so is definitely interesting.

• Options
    I might not get to first place if Khorne lucks out on his rolls; but yes, the odds are with me in Troll Country at least, mainly because I've been stacking them! As you say, I've lost so much ground this turn from Khorne, Nurgle, and Slaanesh piling into me that I need to maximise whatever I can get :o

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Round 3, Summoning Phase

game79state18.png

Reavers (remove a Peasant at Event) keep on reaving. And Skavengers (HR places a Skaven token at a Warpstone during end phase) just keep on skavenging.

Chaos effects:
    Norsca: Havoc (warriors and daemons place corruption during battle phase instead of rolling dice)

Slaanesh (@Gorden858) is active.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Daemonic Subtlety - 0* to TC.

5/6 Pp

Imwill deliver the link in ab few days (Im am on ab festival right now and canon access inet only on my phone.

Edit: Link

Gorden858 on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Rat Ogre to Estalia

5/6 PP

displaced quasar on
  • Options
    Bloodletter to Troll Country
    3/7 PP

• Options
    Plaguebearer to Norsca
    4/6PP

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Tzeentch (@Flimflammery) is active.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Acolyte to Norsca.

3/6 PP

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    Preemptively prompting Slaanesh (@Gorden858).