As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[beauty, fashion, skincare] Sephora Friends and Family sale POSSIBLY in October??

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    an america where i can't leer at a pretty man is an america i don't wanna live in

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I like the first pair personally on your face - the second ones do sort of clutter unnecessarily

Also I just purchased these. Oxford cotton pants. SO COMFY

oxford_pant_blue_8823_tall_01.jpg

are these available in "I have skeleton legs" and purchasable on "the internet"

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    you guys are far, far too kind :oops:

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Eddy wrote: »
    I like the first pair personally on your face - the second ones do sort of clutter unnecessarily

Also I just purchased these. Oxford cotton pants. SO COMFY

oxford_pant_blue_8823_tall_01.jpg

are these available in "I have skeleton legs" and purchasable on "the internet"

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8823-oxford-pants-blue

interrobang on
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I agree with first ones!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hi beauty thread

I got myself a wicked ass sunburn

Sunscreen is a racket, it doesn't goddamn work

I think it's helping my eczema though so maybe it's not the worst thing

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How often were you putting it on Sheri?

• Options
    I am sure no matter what I say, the response will be "not often enough"

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Haha yeah probably

I actually didn't sunburn all summer! Although we're going to the coast again this coming weekend so there's still time.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Honestly, if you are dealing with Real Sun (TM) you need to be putting it on every two and a half hours and make it a genuine thick layer not rubbing it in.

• Options
    I put it on like 3 times in 4 hours soooo

Maybe my sunscreen went bad or something

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

How old was it?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

How old was it?

sheri is very

very white

• Options
    Newish. Exp date isn't until December, which is why I used it.

I did what I was supposed to and I still got burnt to hell. It happens people.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sheri instead of sunscreen look into Zinc instead. Safer for your skin and far more effective a barrier if sunscreen ain't good enough.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Zinc? What kind of form does it come in (lotion, spray, what)? I've never heard that before.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    also sometimes what I find effective is to cover myself with a roof supported by four walls and lit by the dim glow of a computer monitor

keeps me from getting burned pretty well

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Zinc? What kind of form does it come in (lotion, spray, what)? I've never heard that before.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I use sunscreen with zinc oxide as a main ingredient since I'm sensitive to a lot of other active ingredients popular in sunscreens. Hasn't failed me yet!

• Options

Zinc oxide & titanium dioxide are both particulate suncreen ingredients (as opposed to chemical ones like benzophenones)

You used to be able to buy zinc oxide sunblock in sticks and maybe you still can in FL (not a whole lot of demand for it here!), but it's actually a very common ingredient in normal over the counter sunblocks

• Options
    I'll have to look at what's in the sunscreen I used, vs other ones I have lying around

• Options
    Yeah, my Dad's dermatologist is a big fan of zinc/titanium sunblocks, so I get a bundle as presents from my Mom every summer

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    You didn't get burned on your scalp again did you?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    http://www.invisiblezinc.com/ is a very popular brand

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    the IZ tinted daywear is what I intend to use on my face come this summer :)

• Options
    Rinder wrote: »
    You didn't get burned on your scalp again did you?

Pretty sure my hairline is also singed

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    the IZ tinted daywear is what I intend to use on my face come this summer :)

Nice! I don't know anywhere that carries that here in the US, but I think my Tarte tinted moisturizer is zinc/titanium SPF 20 and I've been really happy with it

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I just know it's got a very high proportion of zinc oxide in it, as opposed to other sunscreens which tend to be more moisturizer than anything else

you'd really struggle to find any sunscreen here that is not SPF30+

like SPF20 is impossible to find, it just doesn't exist here! must be the Real Sun (TM)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I use uhh

The kind that I find in the bin when I'm running out of the house and realize I don't have any sunscreen

I did buy some Neutrogena that the lady at the shop said was decent for pathetic babby face skin, but the day after it clouded up and has rained nonstop since.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    i got a serious case of raccoon eyes

not the medical condition that i didn't know existed

tan lines from my sunglasses

don't gis the medical condition

some of those pics are no bueno

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    man that dude got fucked up

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular

Also have to reapply if you were in the water. Pool burns are what usually get me nowadays.

• Options
    skettios wrote: »

Also have to reapply if you were in the water. Pool burns are what usually get me nowadays.

Well we were in the ocean in ABSURDLY CLEAR water, but I also reapplied.

(seriously this water was ridiculous)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    i just bought these suckers for winter

13_motoboot-2.jpg

gonna kick the shit out of so much snow

interrobang on
  • Options
    New suit day was pushed out to today. (only 18 hours before I leave the country). When I told them that when they stopped by they just laughed and said they haven't missed a deadline yet. And I told them they were starting to cut it close and they said, "Well, we have delivered to the airport before...."

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @interrobang

Those look really awesome! Where did you get them from?

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    @interrobang

Those look really awesome! Where did you get them from?

they are from here

http://oliverclarknyc.com/buy/moto-boot/

i got them for $80 because the company owed me a favor haha

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    A+ boots

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I'm kind of thinking about trying to learn how to make some things. Handbags, shoes maybe, clothing, that kind of thing. I don't suppose anybody here does this? Perhaps I could get a fingerwag in the right direction?

• Options
    I'm kind of thinking about trying to learn how to make some things. Handbags, shoes maybe, clothing, that kind of thing. I don't suppose anybody here does this? Perhaps I could get a fingerwag in the right direction?

Depends on how you want to make them, but @Sheri crochets bunches of stuff and may be a good person to ask!

• Options
    I don't make shoes or clothes though

I felt she was thinking more with fabric than with yarn?

This discussion has been closed.