As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Team Fortress 2 getting maps updated

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    So do you get tickets for playing maps, or do you have to buy them?
    Buying them. They're basically keys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »

Thought so. Dang... Well that's good I guess. I don't really like spending money on digital items.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Queue timesssss!!!

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    need 4 more peeps for a mann up. :bz

Your profile is private so I can't message you. Why include the steam link if it is set to private?

• Options
    thecatholicpriusthecatholicprius Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I tried to mann up in pubs earlier but it didnt go well, I tried using a squad voucher too :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Is there some utility or site that will scan my inventory to tell me all the crap I can make?

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Is there some utility or site that will scan my inventory to tell me all the crap I can make?
    This thing?

Though it is usually cheaper to trade for items. Crafting is almost always too expensive.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »

Thought so. Dang... Well that's good I guess. I don't really like spending money on digital items.

Well if you feel like going through the hassle, you can always trade for them. They only cost 99 cents so I assume at some point they'll cost a refined metal each. Which will make progress slow, but you can "buy in" to the system without spending real money.

• Options
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    This thing?

Though it is usually cheaper to trade for items. Crafting is almost always too expensive.

I've got nearly 300 items, though. I don't know if its worth the time to try and trade off all my duplicates, nor am I savvy enough to know where to do so and what they would be worth.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Could always just smelt themall into a big pile of metal and then trade the metal for stuff.

• Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Not the best night of MVM I've had...
    8EZJc.jpg

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Stupid robutts.

Seemed like we had a good class selection going, we just got nailed with a wave we were weak to and couldn't get that last group down. Reflecting heavies and pyros are bullshit.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Spending almost two hours on a MvM game only to be gipped out of your spoils sucks.

I mean, our Vouchers didn't get used, but it still stinks that we got nothing when it was all over.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    This thing?

Huh, I have enough crap to make a class hat.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Does the Diamondback work on bots? Do you get crits for bots killed after you sap them?

e: It doesn't seem to. That would be nice functionality. Finally got through a full mission as a spy. Ugh. I have 1 class left for the achievement, but I don't know which one it is. Is there a way to tell?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    When you choose to man up in pub games is it a special mann up server where everyone on there has a ticket?

I honestly cant believe some of these people pay actual money to play this poorly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    You only lose the ticket if you complete the mission, so even if you play 100 times and never win, you only need that single ticket.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    I just cant see someone buying a ticket and playing that badly, Id just go play something else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The main thing with the tickets is it means they at least have access to a credit card or something, which cuts out most of the 12 year olds

So they might not be GOOD, but they prolly won't be godawful

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    They have been, Ive made it through advanced waves with pubs before, but that wasnt in mann up mode. Once I started trying mann up everyone has been horrible.

If you switch classes between waves, you have to play a class with no upgrades right? Cause this one guy said thats the best way to do it, he kepts switching between a soldier and a pyro, but I assumed he had no upgrades on his soldier since he was using his money on the pyro.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    They have been, Ive made it through advanced waves with pubs before, but that wasnt in mann up mode. Once I started trying mann up everyone has been horrible.

If you switch classes between waves, you have to play a class with no upgrades right? Cause this one guy said thats the best way to do it, he kepts switching between a soldier and a pyro, but I assumed he had no upgrades on his soldier since he was using his money on the pyro.

How could that be the best way?

That was the exact way to do it wrong.

It's the wrong way.

Did you tell him he was doing it wrong?

• Options
    Can't you sell back upgrades to reassign them?

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    No.

Also, game starting. Join us.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    bought this voucher for nothing

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I require men to mann up. Join us in battle!

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    In about 10 minutes from now (5PM EST) I will be joining the TF2Maps server to do some map testing. My map starts about 15 minutes in, if anyone would like to come help me test it out, I'd appreciate the shit out it.

Server IP is 70.42.74.31:27015 or just join on me.

• Options
    Good killin' just now. We had a round where there were multiple sets of five heavies with two medics, supported by snipers. With upgrades to damage and exploding headshots, I was able to keep them at bay completely whilst the other guys dealt with the tank. Sniping can get awesomely powerful after wave 3-4.

0769B313A52874DD909573BB5E41BB81E4C3ADA8

23D9513BB6BE8F29844AC1743BEE1848BF863343

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    All the bodies in the first pic are kills from chain sniping.

Second pic was one shot killing four bots. Passed through the medic, headshot the HWG behind him, then bodyshot the HWG behind him. The fourth would have died from bleed a second later.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Nobody ever plays prophunt anymore because you're terrible.

I am gonna be playing prophunt for a little while. Just join me if we're friends. You're missin' out nerds

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I play prophunt once a day to get a drop. =P

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I have just gotten into TF2 and am enjoying the MvM update. If anyone needs someone for a Mann Up mode round with vouchers, let me know.

steamcommunity.com/id/ltmuffin360

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Rawr! Finished up my tour and got the botkiller sniper rifle. Aside from the Medigun, this is the one I'd be most likely to use, so I'm happy with it.

See 'ow 'appy!
    F1E067CBDF8D9B3BDBE52763DA6FEF660404C42B

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Played a little bit of MvM with some friends last night and had an amazing moment where I killed the tank as a pyro using my axe right before it dropped the bomb.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Looking for more manns to mann up later today.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I'll probably be up for some Manning once I've done getting all my shit off the floor for the tropical storm.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I want to join a Mann Up group at some point. I've been trying PuG, and haven't been able to finish a single mission in Mann Up mode. It's so frustrating.

• Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    If there's going to be some Manning Up later tonight I'd be in too.

Is there a time frame for Mann Up? Like 8 pm EST or something?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I will happily join for some Mann Upping, unless it requires a ticket (or voucher).

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I will happily join for some Mann Upping, unless it requires a ticket (or voucher).

Mann Up, by definition, requires a ticket.

Ticket-less MvMing is referred to as "Boot Camp".

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

Mann Up, by definition, requires a ticket.

Ticket-less MvMing is referred to as "Boot Camp".

I feel foolish that I made that mistake. But I can Mann Up twice before the good ole steam wallet is filled with a bunch of 0's.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391