As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Team Fortress 2 getting maps updated

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Doesn't seem to be.. I set scouts to 2x and they moved at normal scout speed.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

oh my god

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    Very, very nice.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    Now I want to see entire films remade in SFM. How about 12 angry men starring valve characters?

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    So instead of playing MvM with pubs I may just staple my testicles to a chair. This is most definately a frustrating experience. Go scout and we have a perfect round one (not hard, I know) and second wave when the uber medics+heavies come they attack the heavis, they all uber and we get a wall of invincible robots. Straight after losing two people quit. Woo.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I hate fighting Uber Medics.

Unless I'm a Spy, or a Demoman with a Kritz medic on hand.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The difficulty curve on dealing with those Uber Medics is completely out of whack with the rest of the mode. They're basically the only thing that you can't just fill full of bullets and do okay with.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Fight fire with fire, IMO. If they're bringing ubers, bring your own uber canteens.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Power is BACK and I am too. I'm on an almost week-long Robit-shooting withdrawal. Who's up for some around 11PM EST?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    Domhnall wrote: »
    So instead of playing MvM with pubs I may just staple my testicles to a chair. This is most definately a frustrating experience. Go scout and we have a perfect round one (not hard, I know) and second wave when the uber medics+heavies come they attack the heavis, they all uber and we get a wall of invincible robots. Straight after losing two people quit. Woo.

I'll agree with mvm but mann up seems to attract a whole different caliber of players. We only had to redo, what, 3 waves with the 4 pubs we played with earlier?

I do recall two of them having the same tag so you know somewhere online those two are saying the same thing but we were part of the 4 pubs. ;)

• Options
    There is nobody in the "STOP THE MANNBOT MENACE" chatroom. D:

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Domhnall wrote: »

I'll agree with mvm but mann up seems to attract a whole different caliber of players. We only had to redo, what, 3 waves with the 4 pubs we played with earlier?

I do recall two of them having the same tag so you know somewhere online those two are saying the same thing but we were part of the 4 pubs. ;)

I don't know. I've gone through 3 tours now. The first tour was excellent, as I got to play with a lot of players who knew what they were doing (or we got incredibly lucky.) Tours 2 and 3 were not so smooth. I've had to drop from a lot of games because after attempt 7, 8 or 9 you just have to write off that time as completely wasted, or else you just keep piling on.

There are two common issues. First, players are too stubborn to change their strategy, even when it fails a dozen times. (For example, sentry bases established too far forward on the second map, and heavies shooting tanks from 3 miles away.) The worst cases are those strategies that work okay on the first few waves, but don't have a chance on the last waves. Which leads to the second issue, players are too invested in a class that has no chance at being effective in the final waves. Unfortunately, the only way to reset the player is for them to quit, since you can't sell back upgrades.

(edit) Don't get me wrong, Mann Up is definitely a step up from the typical pub experience. This is likely a byproduct of the pay to play barrier. Also, the botkiller weapon rewards are pretty cool.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Who wants to MANN UP?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Gonna crosspost this pic of birthday cake.
    7914839318_bf9681bbc7_n.jpg
    mackerelsm by akajaybay, on Flickr

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Paging PMAvers, Bear's needs to be updated

• Options
    I can't think of anything that would make me want to eat a cake less than a raw fish in a newspaper.

• Options
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    X-Com preorder bonus is guile hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_W9WK7JtsM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    8dvMM.png

• Options
    Paging PMAvers, Bear's needs to be updated

You forgot the @.

Both are restarting for it now.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I can understand why Valve made the Gray head black by default, but it still doesn't feel right.

Also, that's going to screw around with anyone going for head shots due to the illusion of a bigger head hitbox.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure folks have gotten used to compensating for hat head shots by now. ;)

Also, that raw fish cake looks deliciously awesome, even if the resident Penguin doesn't think so.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »
    I can understand why Valve made the Gray head black by default, but it still doesn't feel right.
    If they're going to include an alien head for X-COM, it should've been of a Chryssalid.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Darn. I was hoping for news it got picked up by Valve. :(

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Slowly artpassing trainsawlaser right now. Deal with it.

Also added some new...
    Features.

I'm really proud of what I am going to do to you guys.

• Options
    Hey guys, I'm trading a spybot hat for the head and feet of the soldier halloween costume if anyone is interested.
    http://tf2tp.com/trade.php?trade=8029584

• Options
    I'm really proud of what I am going to do to you guys.

Crash, why don't you just come out and admit that you are the TF2 version of Jigsaw?

• Options
    Because those movies are bad and you should feel bad. <3

• Options
    So, like, does nobody play Mann vs Machine anymore? The chat room is a ghost town these days.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I blame GW2.

I'm actually going to be getting on and testing out a few new MvM maps in a minute to see if they work.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    You're also going to make a mode of nothing but 300 melee scouts at 0.1 scale, right?

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So, like, does nobody play Mann vs Machine anymore? The chat room is a ghost town these days.

Maybe too late but I'd certainly join you. Just had a great game a couple of hours ago. Super speed and jump and resistance scout is amazing fun.

My steam profile is in my sig.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Okay, looks like mvm_gateway and mvm_manndarin are working and you can vote to switch to them. Note that I havn't playtested either yet, so I can't comment on balance. Play at your own risk.

Speaking of playtesting, someone get on Bear and run around on this with me.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Alright, looking for five folks to make a Mann Up runthrough of Endurance with me.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    The custom maps have some nice ideas. The waves just need some balancing and some bug fixing.
    Micro christmas heavies

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    That's fantastic.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.