As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect 3] Your Reliable Source For Giant Tentacle Monster Speculation

Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of ForksRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Social Entropy++
mass-effect-3-logo.jpg

Vanguard-Guide.png
Feared frontline opponents, Vanguards favor a biotic charge that immediately brings them in contact with opposing forces with a devastating effect.

Many of the vanguard's powers are offensively-oriented, utilizing a high-risk high-reward system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3p26LRBIi8
Additionally, while the Vanguard is based on close-ranged ferocity and rapid usage of powers, charging into a disadvantageous position will often leave the Vanguard vulnerable to enemy fire. As such, the Vanguard must be cognizant of where a charge will leave them positioned in terms of their enemy's location abdicate all responsibility in their own failings, and constantly berate other team members for not reviving them, I mean, come on guys, I have the highest score on the board, help a dude out. Seriously.

0116_e547.png

I guess we can talk about other stuff in this thread too; I mean, Vanguard is the best thing in ME3, but apparently there's other classes and stuff, and the story is pretty good.

There's some Extended Cut thing out for the ending too. I don't know why you would be interested in that though. It can't even Charge. What good is anything that can't Charge?

(This OP has been brought to you by Team Vanguard, with generous grants from Mothers Against Reapers Reaping and Citizens For Greater Incisor Appreciation.)

[IMG][/img]
Romanian My Escutcheon on

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    so beautiful

• Options
    also I see what they mean about mouse aiming holy smokes

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i love this op

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    RIP Team Human Vanguard, they died as they lived

Surrounded by enemies

Now Krogan Vanguards on the other hand

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Reposting this because VANGUARD THREAD
    If I see one more random pub Vanguard with an assault rifle that isn't charging... Jesus, those kids need a pep talk on the art of the Vanguard.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is a Commendation Pack. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Jumbo Equipment Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus business for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a Kodiak to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 120,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    worst thread, typed on the ugliest keyboard
    THIS IS A JOKE

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    thread title is two memes stapled together, huh

well at least it isn't a nerdgasmic thread

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

There's a meme based on Strangelove?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    this video was posted in the last thread and should be in the OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2AiGQiVW3A

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    No, it shouldn't, because the Hammerhead suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

4/20 Mako Erryday.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

4/20 Mako Erryday.

:\

• Options
    oh dear

you were doing so well but I am afraid I am have to revoke your vancard

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »

4/20 Mako Erryday.

:\

Okay, well, sucks relative to the Mako.

Which, honestly, still kinda sucks.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    the mako is literally the worst

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    oh dear

you were doing so well but I am afraid I am have to revoke your vancard

You're going to have to take it from my cold, dead - SQUAD MEMBER HAS FLATLINED.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Well, a recurring thread title template. "Dr [BLANK] or how I learned to stop worrying and [BLANK]"

Not that I actually care, but there you go.

• Options
    I never understood the intensity of the dislike for the vehicles until it became apparent that not everyone made it SOP to ram enemies

the vehicle segments were never the crown jewel of the masses effect but that must have been fucking miserable

• Options

Well, a recurring thread title template. "Dr [BLANK] or how I learned to stop worrying and [BLANK]"

Not that I actually care, but there you go.

I wanted to use Vanguard Appreciation Station, but @T4CT ruined that with his Cerberus obsession.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I still haven't played this game.

What is wrong with me?!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I still haven't played this game.

What is wrong with me?!

Everything.

Or, possibly, not much, you just wanted to be sure to wait until they fixed the ending.

(It's fixed now)

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    sort of

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    sort of

Well, fixed like gluing together a Ming.

Sure, it works as a jar again, and it looks a LOT better than when it was broken on the floor, but it's still got obvious flaws.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So that Youtube video tells me that PC players have an awesome advantage over console players with their mouse-aiming.

Like, I knew this already but... the video brought it to the forefront.

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    aIso zay made one

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, but nobody pays attention to Zay's OPs.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    So lets discuss the most emotional parts of the ME3 ending:

For me:
    Talking to Garrus before starting the assault on the transport beam up to the citadel.

Talking about meeting in the bar in heaven. Then me saying:

"There's No Shepard Without Vakarian" followed by paragon interrupt bro handshake.

I can totes understand why Femshep's romance him. Garrus 4 best squad mate.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Where's the doodle of Shep charging the bottle during the bro out with Garrus

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my favorite part of priority: earth
    is how you can be a racist dick to Javik for no reason

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I was bros with everyone.

• Options
    my favorite part of priority: earth
    is how you can be a racist dick to Javik for no reason

In my ending he said:
    I'm going to live with the Hanar and be treated like a king.

Fair play Javik.

• Options
    I was just thinking about that stuff. No details on the ME3 website yet from what I can see.

• Options
    I'm sure they're whipping up a nice press release.

Hopefully there is a map with a sweet sniper spot in Big Ben.

Yes I know Big Ben is the name of the bell not the tower fuck you.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I figure the Hanar might be slightly disillusioned with their gods when they find out they were pretty mundane fascist pricks

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I figure the Hanar might be slightly disillusioned with their gods when they find out they were pretty mundane fascist pricks

He does at the end say:
    The prothean way of doing things was flawed. That the prothean empire's lack of diversity spelled their downfall.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    i just finished Thessia. take home message?
    Javik is a dick, but his, er, heart, is in the right place.

the Asari are (metaphorical) dicks

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Mundane? They were the most advanced fascists in the galaxy.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    huh

prothean particle rifle surreptitiously added to multiplayer, apparently

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So as an unusual gun, it'll either be total garbage or pants shittingly good at first, correct?

This discussion has been closed.