As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Now all I need is Amazon

nurgle, chaos dwarfs, chaos pact, halflings, goblins...

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to werewolves as ive never really played chaos or rats and claw seems cool.... i mean having to get doubles for mb kind of sucks but 8 3 3 8 regen/claw GA access seems like a winner

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Werewolves are wonderful. Just, so awesome.

• Options
    Maybe the game will be fun in a few weeks. Five necromantic mirror matches to start is not in the slightest fun.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm out there running norse vs the necros.... because hey claw does nothing no strength advantage etc.... also i roll way too many dice to win consistently (im still awful at norse).

4yqzef2fsk9n.png

this guy conceded turn 15... who concedes turn 15 because i killed his precious mb wight. No other skills 10 spp. He was inflicting casualties at a faster rate than I was (I also had a bribe which i wasted on dub skulls turn 3).

That said the concede ladder is still in full effect I played a chaos coach (i was -300k tv) who conceded turn 1 because i str broke his precious pixel beastman (mb jump up). (He used his apo on 0 spp beastman)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It kind of seems like Blood Bowl and online multiplayer are not as good a match as some would think.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm just stubbornly waiting for them to implement a turn based mode that doesnt require real time play. Sure it will take longer, but it should also explode the number of teams to play against making matchmaking closer.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    It kind of seems like Blood Bowl and online multiplayer are not as good a match as some would think.

it sounds like in physical blood bowl there is a social contract keeping everything together. not sure what can be done for online in this respect. how do you penalize someone (or reward someone) for this game?

• Options

it sounds like in physical blood bowl there is a social contract keeping everything together. not sure what can be done for online in this respect. how do you penalize someone (or reward someone) for this game?

There is a 51? pt rule.

if you concede each of your players over 51 spp roll and leave your team if they dont make a 4+ , it definitely doesnt clean up the world at low lvl tv and players scream and cry that there are technical and real life reasons which should stop cyanide from adding the rule.

It needs to exist in some form because a good game of bloodbowl is a fantastic experience.

• Options
    farbekrieg wrote: »

There is a 51? pt rule.

if you concede each of your players over 51 spp roll and leave your team if they dont make a 4+ , it definitely doesnt clean up the world at low lvl tv and players scream and cry that there are technical and real life reasons which should stop cyanide from adding the rule.

It needs to exist in some form because a good game of bloodbowl is a fantastic experience.

There kind of is, but instead of spp, it is ageing.
    Over the course of the matches, the players age. After a while, there's a chance they'll retire.
    The players age 1 year every 8 matches
    A player who has played for 13 years has a 40% of chance of retiring
    A player who has played for 14 years has a 60% of chance of retiring
    A player who has played for 15 years has a 100% of chance of retiring

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Average life span? Four dice rolls.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    More excuses for me than talent this weekend

tv 1000 chaos
    Lost 0-4 vs 1530 lizards
    Tied 1-1 vs tv 1070 chaos
    Lost 2-0 vs tv 1250 undead
    lost 1-0 vs tv 1100 norse
    tied 2-2 vs tv 1100 delfs (on a turn 16 5+ pass)
    Tied 1-1 vs tv 1000 chaos

tv 1000 delfs
    lost 2-0 vs tv 1000 norse (the elfs refused to elf)

Tv 1090 norse
    lost 2-1 vs tv 1070 dorfs

0 wins 3 ties 5 losses

just bad coaching and greedy blocks not working and failing every important 3+ multiple times

Just my dice logs for the 2nd half (they are short and hilarious) from the Denver Broncgoats Vs The Ungrateful Deadheads (my drive) score starting 0-0
    turn 9 KO event blitz
    push/pow
    stumble/both down
    push/push
    push/both down
    push/skull
    pick up 4

skull reroll push (things right here started go bad with the greed reroll of a 1 die)

dodge 2 (turn over)

turn 10
    push/pow
    push/push
    push/pow
    dodge 2 reroll 1 turn over

turn 11
    both down/skull reroll push/pow
    skull/skull turn over

turn 12 ko event quick snap
    both down/both down turn over

turn 13
    skull/push
    both down/both down (turn over)

turn 14
    pow/defender stumble
    skull/both down (turn over)

turn 15
    gfi 3
    skull/skull

turn 16 riot gain turn
    skull/skull

turn 17
    push/defender stumble
    skull/both down

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    ever think you quit out of bloodbowl but come back to find you just lost a game?

I hadnt until today

2keb0e6hktkb.png

• Options
    I'm at the point where i recognize a lot of the coaches on the leaderboards of the champs ladder, and I'm definitely not on the same tier as fash or sage but I know im better than some of the coaches with the best records for races (like undead/delf off the top of my head).

On the other hand my latest hummie team (2-0) has 27 spp but no levels yet, i have faced 1250 hummies and 1330 high elves 1-0 and 2-0 wins, unfortunately griff stole my mvp in the 2nd game (best star player ever), all the right skills for a bad coach like me fend, dodge, block, sure feet, sprint 4 str 4 agi... playing american time zones it can be a little rough finding a match at 970 and 880 tv so far (up to 1030 thanks apo). I can see how some bret/human teams have amassed disgusting records as griff teams.

ogre 4 spp, blitzers 0,0,2,5 thrower 4 linos 0,0,3,4,5

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Is there a league going here for Blood Bowl 2? Multiplayer with people I know would be the only real reason I'd have to pick it up instead of just sticking with Chaos Edition.

• Options
    If the original Blood Bowl is compatible with Chaos Edition, I'm sure enough people in here have it that we could form a league in that with you.

Unless there are particular game mechanic / usability issues with earlier versions, I dont think that BB2 brings enough to the table to really be worth the purchase outside of a deal/sale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If the original Blood Bowl is compatible with Chaos Edition, I'm sure enough people in here have it that we could form a league in that with you.

Unless there are particular game mechanic / usability issues with earlier versions, I dont think that BB2 brings enough to the table to really be worth the purchase outside of a deal/sale.

Rejoin and an almost entire lack of desync

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Picked up Blood Bowl 2 and Norse in the steam sale for $15. Only played one game so far, against a Chaos team, and I'm now afraid to play a second game. I get the ball first, and on turn 1 I knockdown 2 Beastmen, stun another 2 Beastmen, and injure a 0 sp Warrior which causes the other coach to use up his apothecary. His turn ends after some pushing and shoving and 2 knock downs but nothing else. My second turn I get the ball runner into scoring position with 2 linemen as cover, push 2 beastmen out of bounds, and then kill a level 2 Warrior.

"Your opponent has conceded"

If anyone wants to play a match around Midnight - 4am Central (6am - 10am London, 5pm - 10pm Sydney) I'm almost always around because my work schedule sucks like that.

Veevee on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah random matches in every online incarnation of Blood Bowl will forever be plagued with people who concede if a player dies. Especially Chaos players doing that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's like a weird kind of nega-griefing.

• Options
    I had no problem with the concede. You want to give me a free win and sp? Sure, I'll take it.

I'm just afraid of what terrible luck I'm sure to get after that kind of start.

• Options
    The RNG will fuck you because that's what the RNG does.

But if you like Blood Bowl at all, people quitting rather than playing the game kind of ruins it. Half the fun is finding out just how bad the RNG will fuck you.

• Options

Even on sale, if you want a roster on par with Chaos Edition, that's going to run you $200 as you wait several years :(

• Options
    So...not different from table top, then?

• Options
    If the table top had a $10 boxed edition that gave you every single miniature, or a $40 new edition with one-quarter of the same miniatures with the rest being slowly released over years for an additional $200.

Heck, I probably WOULD get BB2 if they had goblins, but they don't so fuck ---> that

I have Legendary Edition but I'll probably pick up Chaos Edition since I don't think they are compatible for multiplayer.

Anyone want to start up some matches?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    The RNG will fuck you because that's what the RNG does.

But if you like Blood Bowl at all, people quitting rather than playing the game kind of ruins it. Half the fun is finding out just how bad the RNG will fuck you.

In my one and only online Blood Bowl match, the RNG had some interesting plans for me.

Very first turn, my opponent blocks one of my players and kills them.

Which, I have to admit, kind of took away the stress. Like, one of my dudes gets killed turn 1? Well OK then. Might as well enjoy the rest.

Anyway, I still manage to get into a 1-0 lead. Playing Elves, so even with a man down I still manage it (especially against someone as green as me).

Fast-forward to the very end of the match. My opponent can still score a touchdown and tie the game 1-1 if he dodges one of my dudes and goes for it twice.

His player dodges my dude, but then stumbles on the very last square, winning me the match.

The RNG taketh away and the RNG giveth.

• Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    Is there still a decent amount of people playing chaos edition or has everyone moved to BB2? I picked up BB2 in the recent sale but am iffy on sinking more into DLC when I think I already have chaos edition w/ everything included.

• Options
    I haven't switched yet. If they're going to nickel and dime for the races, I can wait for a GOTY or something.

• Options
    I bought in early, and have received all the expansion races for free IIRC. (I may have had to use ingame currency to purchase one or two races, but that was earned in game, so no big whoop)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    MrBody wrote: »
    If the table top had a $10 boxed edition that gave you every single miniature, or a $40 new edition with one-quarter of the same miniatures with the rest being slowly released over years for an additional $200.

Games Workshop released a new table top edition on black friday. $99 for Humans and Orcs Box Set. $35 Skavens.
    I bought in early, and have received all the expansion races for free IIRC. (I may have had to use ingame currency to purchase one or two races, but that was earned in game, so no big whoop)

And I just got in with the base game and Norse for $15.

I'll probably get the other races for another $15 this winter sale.

Veevee on
  • Options

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Was that only for early adopters or does it count going forward?

• Options

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Was that only for early adopters or does it count going forward?

It counted going forward, but Nurgle (the last race released on 11/22) was the last of that promotion. Who know's if they'll continue it.

Probably not.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I have Legendary Edition but I'll probably pick up Chaos Edition since I don't think they are compatible for multiplayer.

Anyone want to start up some matches?

Legendary and Chaos are cross-compatible, for what it's worth.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    3 games now. The second game was a turn 13 concede, that one kinda ticked me off.

Then this last one was a knock down, drag out fight against dark elves. 3 BHs (including a nigling injury which made me fire the 5sp lineman and the apothecary because it didn't do a god damn thing) to 2 BHs, 11 KOs combined, and I won 1-0. At the end of the first half we each had 5 players on the field, and then again by the end of the second half. One of the better blood bowl games I've played

Edit: Oh, and the best part that I forgot to mention. The game froze and crashed on me in the middle of the second half, and I was able to reconnect without a problem and finish the game and win. Impossible to do on the first blood bowl, will not ever go back.

Veevee on
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I finally got BB Chaos Ed. installed. As long as I don't have to download a bunch of stuff on top of it I'm good to go for games.

And I may just pick up BB2 during the Gale.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Looks like the last version I got was Legendary. After the first edition of "Buy a new game to get the same stuff plus one new thing!" I wasn't about to keep up on that crap.
    We had a forum league years ago that was fun, but it got to be too difficult to schedule with everyone and the required time commitment each week. I had a mean Norse team going, though.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I am completely shocked I got to finish this game.
    7dtjf5vqt38m.jpg
    gg9u9e1g9y74.jpg
    I'm Norse, for those that are wondering

Veevee on
  • Options
    What are we looking at? Your opponent or yourself with an assload of casualties?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Hey guys looking to get into BB 2 . Currently I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale next week but I curious what the best way to learn the game is. Just go online and eat shit for the first thousand games ?

• Options
    More or less. If you're talking about tactics, there are a bunch of places in the tubes that can give you some information. I like this one, but I'm sure there are others.

On the whole, the RNG will fuck you as surely as you click 'Post Reply'. So much of what you read and learn can only be useful after getting stomped before you've even had a chance to move one player around. You don't have to play other humans online, the AI can still teach you some of that. But like all 'sports' AIs, it's not going to be nearly as challenging in the long run, and tactics you use against the CPU probably won't work against humans.