As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

1495051525355»

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    That I don’t know, sorry.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Kinda wonder how they are going to treat the switch version , it’s been delayed and forgotten . Are they going to have to buy the lizards? Will it come at all? They will blame performance as if we hadn’t seen much more intensive games run just fine . But that’s just me being a pessimist.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I had shelved this and totally forgot about it o.O but i did kind of enjoy it when it launched and i've played (see lost) a few games in s1 now and it does seem much improved. didn't notice any bugs, the random lag that was all over the place at launch is gone etc. and it's finding me games pretty quick matchmaking in league.

It also never ceases to amaze me how after probably thousands of hours played over 10+ years, watching high level replays, reading all the strategies i still manage to lose 8/10 games. I'm truly gifted.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Can anyone confirm or deny that Blood Bowl 3 still has that complete shit ass bug where the computer doesn't take any moves until the three minute timer expires?

On PS4 if that helps.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm or deny that Blood Bowl 3 still has that complete shit ass bug where the computer doesn't take any moves until the three minute timer expires?

On PS4 if that helps.
    Console *should* be at patch parity w/ PC right now due to the S1 release. I've played a couple of AI games on PC and haven't seen it.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    it's funny because 95% of my matches are vs lizardmen right now since they just came out; and they're so broken they think i'm playing to win but secretly i've already given up on winning and i'm just going to curbstomp skinks to kill as many as i can in vengeance. I lost 0-3 but killed 3 skinks? I'll take it. ALL MY GOBLINS HAVE SNEAKY GIT AHAHAHAHAHA

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    it's funny because 95% of my matches are vs lizardmen right now since they just came out; and they're so broken they think i'm playing to win but secretly i've already given up on winning and i'm just going to curbstomp skinks to kill as many as i can in vengeance. I lost 0-3 but killed 3 skinks? I'll take it. ALL MY GOBLINS HAVE SNEAKY GIT AHAHAHAHAHA

Lizard coaches don’t care about skinks really , they often fire them if they get too many levels anyway . If you want to hurt them kill leveled saurus . Especially ones with block and mb already that fucking hurts .

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

On PS4 if that helps.
    I currently have played 7 matches against the AI on PS5 and the longest the AI took was half a minute trying to figure out what to do when I had surrounded the ball carrier with 6 of my guys.

It only happened once that it had to think so hard that it touched its reserve minutes once.

I have not seen any max-time-time-outs.

The AI is still extremely silly, which means: mark every enemy and just wait until one of its dodges fail. And it will never follow up after a block. And it will do an unhealthy amount of rushes, which are often a great cause of turnovers too.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Is it still the case that any disconnection counts as a concession with no opportunity to reconnect?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    McFodder wrote: »
    Is it still the case that any disconnection counts as a concession with no opportunity to reconnect?

No, there's a 5 minute reconnect timer now .

And re the lizardmen so far at low TRs my skink murder plan is working. They don't have any extra players yet so kill or BH all their skinks and they have nothing to score with! It's especially satisfying fouling a skilled up chameleon skink to death

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Sometimes Blood Bowl can be so brutal.

I played an online match and the opponent had insane luck; only a few of his blocks contained no yellow on the dice, so all my players were constantly on the ground.
    His Ogre Boneheaded only twice, and every block he had a POW/Defender down die, without exception.

So I ended with 4 SPP for MVP, and a 1 SPP pass that took 2 rerolls (1 to pick-up, 1 to catch) out of misery.

The opponent on the other side had 3 goals, 3 injuries and a few passes, so he must’ve leveled up a few guys.

At least I unlocked a Lizardman shoulder cosmetic!

Edit: In my next match I killed 2 people and scored 4 touchdowns. That’s Blood Bowl for ya!

Corporal Carl on