As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BlazBlue III: Chronophantasma] Thread. Extend For PS4/XB1/PS3/Vita This Summer.

1192021222325»

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I guess Terumi DLC and another set of stage/bgm packs is out?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Well it's about fucking time. The Terumi DLC not being available earlier was so stupid. Not that it really affected me, since I got a physical copy early and don't play Terumi anyway, but still!

Been playing a lot of this game lately, preparing for a tournament I'm going to this weekend in Halifax. Despite what my signature may show, I'm playing Rachel now. She is the most awesome. Planning to mostly stick with her until Evo, but we'll see what happens after the weekend.

• Options
    Thinking about picking up Kokonoe and Terumi this week at least for their challenges (also do they show up in abyss mode or anything if you have them?).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Strangely, I've actually been considering picking up Noel. I didn't feel anything strongly towards her in the previous games, but the addition of the shotgun move and the new outfit and she feels like a new character. I'm actually having a ton of fun messing around with her.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Yeah, Noel is awesome in this game. I love how she uses her j.D to confirm air-to-air hits into ground combos, especially when she then does a 2D to cross back over the opponent.

I guess Noel's combos have always been pretty awesome, though.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Strangely, I've actually been considering picking up Noel. I didn't feel anything strongly towards her in the previous games, but the addition of the shotgun move and the new outfit and she feels like a new character. I'm actually having a ton of fun messing around with her.
    I was incredibly apathetic towards Noel in the previous games as well, but I've warmed up to her a lot. Not for the same reasons you listed though. For some reason I just liked her more in story mode. Maybe it's because she seemed to have more of a personal struggle in this game than in the others.

Still not interested in playing as her though. I've built up a lot of resentment towards her drive (FREAKING INVINCIBILITY!)

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Noel might end up as a replacement for Tao as my #2 character. I love that they increased Tao's air-game, but man do I hate that almost becoming two is now overdrive-only and all my muscle-memory combos from all the previous games are null and void with how much they changed the properties on her moves. I still enjoy the character, but it's very much a back-to-training-room moment for me with them.

Hakumen on the other hand is always awesome.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Noel's pressure is a nightmare now. I need to think of some counter measures. She goes through every tool Tsubaki has.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Man Terumi and Kokonoe have some easier challenges than some of the regular cast pre #20 (but doing that Kokonoe Astral while getting bodied across the stage by Azrael was sure a thing)
    -speaking of Terumi, his Astral is pretty interesting with what looks like black and green hakumen?

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rubycat wrote: »
    Man Terumi and Kokonoe have some easier challenges than some of the regular cast pre #20 (but doing that Kokonoe Astral while getting bodied across the stage by Azrael was sure a thing)
    -speaking of Terumi, his Astral is pretty interesting with what looks like black and green hakumen?

Apparantly it's "Dark Susano'o", but hell if I know where that comes from. Maybe it's from arcade mode or something cut from the story.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Could just be Terumi channeling the power of chaos as opposed to Jin using the power of order.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Could just be Terumi channeling the power of chaos as opposed to Jin using the power of order.

Speaking of such things, why does Jin possess the power of order, anyway?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Speaking of such things, why does Jin possess the power of order, anyway?

NOL = Messian scum?

That's all I got.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for registering for CEO 2014.

Oh god.
    m8lYy.png

I entered BB and USF4.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Vita version comes out next week, with additional 'story' content.

• Options
    Maybe I should just buy that version, seeing as how I have yet to part with my JP version and get a US one.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrvY6BbiUE0

Blazblue Grand Finals, Evo 2014.

Single closest and most intense match with the most insane comebacks and the most money on the line in the entire tournament.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    So I played some versus BBCP for the first time and finally got around to trying a bunch of characters. I... I think I like Mu-12? She seems really difficult to play, but damn if I don't love me some zoners. I had a lot of fun with Makoto, just because she has some pretty easy combos.

I've also been playing BBCP on Vita in story mode, but since that doesn't focus much on a character anyway, I've just been doing Stylish to see fun stuff, saving the serious play for stick anyway.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    TWO NEW DLC CHARACTERS COMING THIS FALL (to arcades, and consoles afterwards most likely)

Lambda-11 is coming back, and will have a design based upon "Nu's Luna form". Her Drives will be different.

CcdtfgR.png

And... /drumroll.

Celica Ayatsuki Mercury, who played a main part in Chronophantasma's story mode, is becoming playable and will fight with Minerva, a puppet similar to Relius and Carl's
    go0D2Tv.png?1

• Options
    I asked Mori about Jubei, and he said the reason he's not playable is because of how small he is, and hitbox concerns. Awesome guy, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Evo BB images, including me with Mori:
    z6vuemB.jpg
    wZVRhS3.jpg
    5raC4tq.jpg
    JS9bA80.jpg
    a8kGhf8.jpg
    YQtCNNM.jpg
    Rp7xdJb.jpg
    lFmFmDL.jpg
    VeCItWE.jpg
    XF88L0A.jpg
    5B19ddZ.jpg
    y9EQxQ5.jpg
    vbcxBpZ.jpg
    my5u4Ap.jpg
    XQiCyDS.jpg
    dPyLqG8.jpg
    pX8GdwO.jpg
    StRAh4S.jpg
    4DtlwAG.jpg
    TSpJgmW.jpg
    38k6HET.jpg
    gPXDQxa.jpg
    kLsu1mo.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Do we have any idea how Lambda will play? Because old Lambda is basically one of Nu's forms now so...

I am sure she will be at least somewhat different to avoid redundancy?

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Rubycat wrote: »

Apparantly it's "Dark Susano'o", but hell if I know where that comes from. Maybe it's from arcade mode or something cut from the story.

Long Story short: Terumi is in truth the original Susano'o. You know Hakumen's body? It originally belonged to Terumi ("So how's my body holding up for you, little Hakky?"). So he basically was what could be considered a "god" in the blazblue universe. However he wanted to rebel against the Master Control unit so he ditched his body because it was under its control, in a sense.

He made a partnership with Relius to gain his humanoid body which serves as his anchor in the world.

EDIT: Celica being made playable? Fuck this game, man...

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    SfnE6x0.jpg
    uPJ8Sa0.jpg
    aQNhMts.jpg
    nqnhLQA.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Well that drive definitely looks new.

Interesting that Celica is being billed as "new player friendly" when she is a puppet character. I wonder if her system will be closer to Persona or something, because puppet characters and new player friendly usually do not go hand in hand.

• Options
    Why does Celica know how to fight? She spends literally all of story mode being near useless save for her ability to heal people. WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING SENSE ARCSYS!?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Why does Celica know how to fight? She spends literally all of story mode being near useless save for her ability to heal people. WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING SENSE ARCSYS!?

When has Blazblue ever made sense?

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

When has Blazblue ever made sense?

idk, especially since they try SO hard to make sense with their little "teach me, miss litchi" segments.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    uPJ8Sa0.jpg

Is that Nine in the background? Please tell me they're stealth teasing playable Nine. I've wanted her (and Jubei) to be playable since game 1. :(

QepkQiY.jpg

...or it could be random people from the Mages guild.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pretty sure CP story mode gives us an idea of how Nine will look...
    WA7EcTq.jpg

I hope so, anyway.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Honestly judging from the background, I'm guessing that's Ishana.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Sector Seven's ending, yikes. It's not going to get any better, is it?

I don't get Relius' game, at all. He's playing with fire.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    You know how they say it's darkest before dawn?

Might wanna grab that flashlight.

• Options
    Finished the story modes. Eh, there's cliffhangers, but that just felt kind of empty, like CS' ending.
    Just more building up. It could have had a great finale ending on the Takemikazuchi fight with the Imperator dying, but nope, gotta draw it out.

I don't buy Jubei being dead, but damn was that a badass CG, and Nine's voice, brr. Why would she willingly kill Jubei?

Also, what was Taokaka doing the whole time, just eating lunch?

And the ending of S7, what did Relius 'teach' Valkenhayn? What was up with Arakune?

Too many dangling threads.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cSOE4y1ks

Celica @ 10:50. Magister City Ishana too!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Full Cecilia & Lamb-chan trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX1OhRfg7rs

Get Hype.

Also, they're being accompanied by another full-on balance and character patch.

• Options
    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend has officially been announced for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for Japan on April 23, 2015.

Celica Ayatsuki Mercury and Lambda-11 added as playable, more side story content, and probably all previous DLC included if looking at CSE as a guide.

....I guess I finally need that PS4 stick.

• Options
    I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed.

I hope the next game isn't PS4 exclusive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed.

I hope the next game isn't PS4 exclusive.

Well. BBCP has literally now gone through nearly the exact same pattern that BBCS did in terms of arcade/console releases and patches. This seems like it's going to be a thing.

• Options
    New Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTFuiK9hgc

PS4, XB1, PS3, Vita.

Besides Celica and Lambda-11, they redid the Guard system yet again, and added more stages and more to Story mode.