Options

[BlazBlue III: Chronophantasma] Thread. Extend For PS4/XB1/PS3/Vita This Summer.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Rubycat wrote: »
    I'm a bit sad they are still making their dlc so high cost wise every game.

Indeed. I'd probably buy a big chunk of it if it cost half of what it does.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm a bit sad that I bought basically all of it, except for some of the Lobby characters and the Announcers.... which I have to hear on youtube and decide which ones I want.
    But I love the series too damn much.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm super happy they made the classic stages and music DLC in the english version, but yeah. Didn't spend any money on the announcers and such, this time around.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to play some games, I'll be around for a few hours, at minimum. Maybe more.

And friend me if you haven't yet.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    If only the DLC I bought on previous versions could carry over, but there's a LOT of new announcers this time around. At least CP's default isn't awful.

I am going to get reamed by Kokonoes at Evo. I have almost no experience, and one decimated me yesterday.

Also, uh, supposedly the Library got removed from the US version? Weird. I could've sworn Aksys marketed that when they announced it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kokonoe reams everyone in the console version: she's not yet neefed like her arcade version is.

To put in perspective to how broke : her pre-need version is banne in tournaments.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Finally got a copy, sadly couldn't find one with the Terumi code. oh well maybe ill buy Kokonoe and Terumi late may when he hits the store.
    -edit-
    There are no unlockable announcer voices?. no free Jin voice at all?

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Tager and his Triple 360 Astral please move over, Bullets overdrive distortion needs Seven 360's (2, another 2, and then 3) I had to switch hands and spin the stick with my right and that's after figuring out when to do the extra ones.. That sucked.

I'm saying I'm really bad at 360's even though I know how to buffer them during a double jump, dash, specials, normals with long recovery.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Nothing's in stone, but if anyone needs a room for Evo, I may have space. My flightmate might have backed out on me. I'm staying at the LVH, where Evo is.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Storymode is long. very long (Kagura, these matches are super easy on the way to unlocking you, but this dialog it just goes on and on..)
    -final boss was a bit of a pain, also Makoto should of gotten a sprite version with that jacket from story mode, instead of her normal silly "clothes"-

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After an exciting mirror GF, Kokonoe just took the NW Regional tournament. I'm going to need lots more practice against her.

I'd like to think Tsubaki may have a chance the others don't, but that's probably mad wishful thinking.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BmrWVbHCUAAv4as.jpg

God I feel her pain.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Noellerssssssss o:)

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lord Knight's tier list for 1.1.

Explanation: http://pastebin.com/dmyWfKYK

Kokonoe:
    Not much needs to be said. High damage, excellent screen control, excellent corner carry, excellent pressure, excellent setplay, and the potential to steal rounds with G.Tager and Black Hole. Struggles against rushdown, but she still has ways to escape pressure. Doesn't really lose to anyone, and not only is the definite number 1 character in the game, but still has a lot of potential to improve.

Valkenhayn:
    I think that before Kokonoe was released, Valkenhayn was the best character in CP 1.0. He practically has no disadvantage matchups besides a slight disadvantage to Kokonoe. Outside of going even with Litchi, he beats every other character in the cast clean. His damage isn't exactly high, but his corner carry, mixup, and neutral game are so powerful, that it doesn't matter. Many characters are forced to constantly take large risks against him, while he can play relatively safe, run his gameplan, and win. His only weakness lies in his poor defensive options.

TLDR ; Kokonoe >>>> Valkenhayn > *

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bullshit and Honest are the best side-descriptors. I honestly expected 'Complex' and 'Simple' (or ease-of-use) but that honestly better.

Also, that's a 1.0 Pre-Patch tier list. Not a 1.1 post-patch tier list.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    I purchased this over PSN but the stupid download always corrupts. Any advice?

• Options
    I thought it was post-patch, based on the comments.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I thought it was post-patch, based on the comments.

The tier list itself says "LK's Final BBCP 1.0 Tier List" and the comments talk about the 1.0 versions of characters. Look at the Hakumen comment for example: clearly states 1.0.

The 1.1 List is pretty different. Valk gets nerfed hard for example.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    So yeah, patch is live. Tsubaki seems about the same.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1. Try using a wired connection
    2. Try using PS+ auto-install
    3. Plug your PS3 directly into your router
    4. Rebuild the database in safe mode
    5. Take your PS3 to the house of a friend who has a different ISP and download it there
    6. Cry
    7. Sacrifice your first born to the old gods
    8. Get a refund from Playstation and find a physical copy

I had to resort to the last one. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    You know, I know I suck at this game, but the new patched Terumi just makes me feel like I suck even more. I'm depressed; they really should have just given him better defensive options instead of... whatever else they gave him.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    Terumi needed to be knocked down a peg, maybe I won't run into so many of them now.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Terumi needed to be knocked down a peg, maybe I won't run into so many of them now.

...WHAT

Sure, he was easier to play, but he didn't give the big cash-in rewards that other characters did. You want to know what's BS is that for example, if Terumi did a reversal DP (his distortion, Divine Twin Blades), and a ragna or mu player ran up and did infernal divider or origins respectively at the same time.... Terumi gets beat out every time, even though HE is the one who has to spend meter. That's fucked up. And really, Terumi is seen nowhere near as much as Kokonoe, Ragna, Azrael, or Hazama.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    5. Take your PS3 to the house of a friend who has a different ISP and download it there
    6. Cry

I'll give #5 a whirl tonight, that's where I am.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How are the numbers in combo names decided? Like 6B, 2A, things like that.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

...WHAT

Sure, he was easier to play, but he didn't give the big cash-in rewards that other characters did. You want to know what's BS is that for example, if Terumi did a reversal DP (his distortion, Divine Twin Blades), and a ragna or mu player ran up and did infernal divider or origins respectively at the same time.... Terumi gets beat out every time, even though HE is the one who has to spend meter. That's fucked up. And really, Terumi is seen nowhere near as much as Kokonoe, Ragna, Azrael, or Hazama.

Well...Infernal Divider has i-frames for days.

FOR DAYS!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Brody wrote: »

Its basically the notation for the joystick and where it should be (5 is neutral, untouched). so 6B is forward B and 2A is Down A.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    6. Cry

I'll give #5 a whirl tonight, that's where I am.

I should have mentioned that that's probably the ideal option, since I believe the problem is related to your ISP. Good luck
    And really, Terumi is seen nowhere near as much as Kokonoe, Ragna, Azrael, or Hazama.

Your region must be totally different from mine, because that has most definately NOT been my experience

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Its basically the notation for the joystick and where it should be (5 is neutral, untouched). so 6B is forward B and 2A is Down A.

Sorry, I've never really played a fighter before, so Im totally lost with this. Is 6 always forward, whichever side of the screen you are on?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    When you see it written down 6 is forward(toward your opponent) for player 1, and all combo's listed are always based on being player 1.
    6B would be 4B if your on the player 2 side.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Sorry, I've never really played a fighter before, so Im totally lost with this. Is 6 always forward, whichever side of the screen you are on?

Inputs depend on your character's facing, so yes, 6 is always forward.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I wish more fighters when they have command lists, or challenge modes would have the directions change based on your position,,, but.. I believe a lot of training/ui stuff is sadly patented for some companies
    -I do early challenge mode stuff on the Player 2 side, since I'm so terrible on that side, and It's hard to know to do the correct direction for my facing, when the text is saying the opposite-

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wish more fighters when they have command lists, or challenge modes would have the directions change based on your position,,, but.. I believe a lot of training/ui stuff is sadly patented for so me companies
    -I do early challenge mode stuff on the Player 2 side, since I'm so terrible on that side, and It's hard to know to do the correct direction for my facing, when the text is saying the opposite-
    Ew, no. Netherealm does that and it drives me nuts. I check the move list, screw up the input a few times, then realize that my character happened to be on the right when I paused.

Maybe it's just a thing you get accustomed to, but on the other hand, it seems to make more sense for the input to have a consistent notation. Ultimately, forward should just be forward, regardless of where you're standing.

• Options
    Its probably something you eventually just get used to. (my fingers just do what I'm reading still)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just think forwards/backwards, not left/right.

• Options
    General consensus is that Koko is still nuts, just less so.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Well. I figured.

Kokonoe is a lot like Litchi in that the way she's played means she can never be truly bad.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ragnas Inferno Divider can be done with 6236D/C now, used to have to hold the 3 after 623D/C or you got a dead spike on D version or worse a 6D/C

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnas Inferno Divider can be done with 6236D/C now, used to have to hold the 3 after 623D/C or you got a dead spike on D version or worse a 6D/C

That threw me off so bad when I first started CP, and now I can't figure out why I ever did it the other way.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

...WHAT

Well...Infernal Divider has i-frames for days.

FOR DAYS!

Yeah, and I WANT that shit. Like Terumi could at least have i-frames on the first rise at least; then be vulnerable for the small float and second kick afterward. I'd say that would be perfectly fair.

jagobannerpic.jpg