As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel's Returns

Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
About a year ago, I started buying comics on a regular basis. At about the same time, Marvel released the new Moon Knight series. As we all know, Moon Knight kicks ass. If they would get the books out on time, he'd be even cooler. Anyway, since then, they've released a new Ghost Rider series (awesome) and a new Nova series starts in April. All three were popular for a while, then became B-list or C-list heroes. I'm liking Marvel's idea of bringing them back, though. These are three of my favorite heroes, finally getting new books. What do you guys think, and what do you want to see come back?

Me Too! on

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    NFL Superpro.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sleepwalker, baby.

august on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dude you totally forgot Iron Fist. For shame.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    My bad. Not as big of an Iron Fist fan, although that IS the next Essential I'm picking up once I get some tutoring money. Essentials are what really got me going. Two volumes of Ghost Rider, one Moon Knight, and one Nova. My favorite books. Saw an ad for Nova in something this week, almost shit myself. His Annihilation mini is one of my favorite miniseries.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    And Luke Cage

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    NFL Superpro.

I bought a full run of this for three bucks last week.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    And Luke Cage

Luke Cage wasn't that cool. Just happened to be friends with Iron Fist. And if I wasn't getting enough series every month (ASM, USM, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, the GR Trail of Tears mini, Nova when it comes, and the Army of Darkness/Marvel Zombies mini that's gonna tie into a new AoD series, which I'll get), I'd pick up Iron Fist. But right now, it's costing me too much for my favorites.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    NFL Superpro.

I bought a full run of this for three bucks last week.

Sounds like the seller made 2 bucks then

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Super-Villain Team-Up.

This time around it could follow a budding young super-villain, because too often the origins and motivations of less reputable characters are only covered in as many pages as it takes to establish them so they can be clocked by the real star.

In this day and age where our comics seem to be trying to establish logic and realism behind the going ons of the wildly improbably fictional universes, someone ought to give a crack at justifying the incredibly insane occupation of super-powered criminal. Why would anyone even bother when they can just register and make their money that way?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Whoa. Never thought of that. Maybe pair them with a constant co-star, kinda like the old Two-in-One, with the Thing. But this time, you could have someone like Taskmaster, and it could about them training. Quick, someone call Marvel!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'd say Speedball and the New Warriors, but uh yeah.

august on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And Luke Cage

And on the female front, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman.

And while it's not a character, specifically, I would like to see Generation X come back. Not that they've been away for too long...

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    august wrote: »

At least we had Reality Check, which I'll never get tired of.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am waiting for a new Cloak and Dagger book.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had high hopes for the return of Chamber.

Yup... high hopes... dashed, shattered, destroyed hopes...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

He's returned since, becoming a young Apocalypse. Or is that what you're referring to?

I think that may be him in X-Factor.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So much of Gen X is dead or ruined.

It is so sad.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'd love a Jubilee ongoing, but apparently there already was one and it bombed. Also, since the 90's cartoon was so long ago, her relevance is probably somewhat diminished.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'd love a Jubilee ongoing, but apparently there already was one and it bombed. Also, since the 90's cartoon was so long ago, her relevance is probably somewhat diminished.

Quesada has been promising that Jubilee is going to become a major player in the Marvel Universe.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

I like how they're everywhere now because writers need a dude who can teleport people.

august on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I like how they're everywhere now because writers need a dude who can teleport people.

I like to think that they're everywhere because they're drumming up interest. For the new ongoing. That will become a major success.

Shut up.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited March 2007

Quesada has been promising that Jubilee is going to become a major player in the Marvel Universe.

That sounds more like a cruel joke than anything else. D:

Wiki suggests she might be a member of The Loners, which would be nice since I was planning to read that series anyway.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Did it even end?
    I remember something about her aunt being a secret superspy, and she was teamed up with a street thug with powers, and then I never saw it again.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That sounds more like a cruel joke than anything else. D:

Wiki suggests she might be a member of The Loners, which would be nice since I was planning to read that series anyway.

The only "Jubilee's in The Loners" speculation I've seen was due to the fact that there was an unrecognizable asian chick in skanky ninja gear.

The Generation X member in the book is
    Penance

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Deadpool and co. Seriously, I cannot stand this Cable and Deadpool bullshit. Agent X, Taskmaster and Outlaw. Was good times. None of this "Nuh-uh Mr. Smarty Pants from the future who thinks he knows everything!" Seriously, that shit got on my nerves to no end.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Does Jubilee even have her powers at this point? I didn't really care to read Generation M.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Does Jubilee even have her powers at this point? I didn't really care to read Generation M.

Nope, plus
    she's seriously injured after being almost killed by Omega Red.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow, that sounds like a great setup for a superhero comic.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

He's returned since becoming a young Apocalypse, or is that what you're referring to?

I think that may be him in X-Factor.

That is indeed what I was referring to.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Deadpool and co. Seriously, I cannot stand this Cable and Deadpool bullshit. Agent X, Taskmaster and Outlaw. Was good times. None of this "Nuh-uh Mr. Smarty Pants from the future who thinks he knows everything!" Seriously, that shit got on my nerves to no end.

That sounds like all kinds of awesomeness. Deadpool and Taskmaster. That would be one fucked up book...
    I still like the idea of a Two-in-One style book, but with villains, like pairing Taskmaster up with somebody new every month. If you work in the villain training, there's a setup for the whole series.

I might be wrong (this was an issue of Civil War, which I didn't read), but
    weren't Speedball and the New Warriors responsible for the Stamford incident?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »

That sounds like all kinds of awesomeness. Deadpool and Taskmaster. That would be one fucked up book...
    I still like the idea of a Two-in-One style book, but with villains, like pairing Taskmaster up with somebody new every month. If you work in the villain training, there's a setup for the whole series.

I might be wrong (this was an issue of Civil War, which I didn't read), but
    weren't Speedball and the New Warriors responsible for the Stamford incident?

No, Nitro was.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Right, but the Registrations supporters used the New Warriors' involvement to further their case, and blamed the Warriors. I wouldn't expect them to have a book for a while, unless it's about them overcoming the negative sentiment associated with Stamford.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Right, but the Registrations supporters used the New Warriors' involvement to further their case, and blamed the Warriors. I wouldn't expect them to have a book for a while, unless it's about them overcoming the negative sentiment associated with Stamford.

But there is a book due to debut very soon, albeit with a new roster since the old one was trashed.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wow. Don't I feel like a dumbass for not hearing about it. That should be good.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Hells fucking yes.

As much as I love Runaways to death, the best thing they did was bring Cloak and Dagger back into the Marvel readers consciousness, which led directly to their prominent part in Civil War.

And stop the NFL Superpro hate.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Suddenly interrupting the interview, thieves raid the eccentric's house, overwhelm the two of them, steal a vanload of NFL merchandise (but strangely not the uniform), and torch the building. Grayfield, who is tied up, knocks over experimental chemicals, which — in combination with the fire and diverse ultra-rare football souvenirs going up in flames — do not incinerate him, but turn him into a near-invincible superhero.
    I'd love to see an unhinged Superpro tormented by the fact that his origin made no sense and saddled with 16 years worth of amnesia. Ultimately he's forced to confront the truth of his existence, that he's the product of a writer's ill conceived ploy for free football tickets. He then dies a horrific death by retconning as the offices of Marvel collectively deny his existence, but not before he gives a football a fierce kick and tags Joe Quesada's nuts.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »

Hells fucking yes.

As much as I love Runaways to death, the best thing they did was bring Cloak and Dagger back into the Marvel readers consciousness, which led directly to their prominent part in Civil War.

And stop the NFL Superpro hate.

Where is this Cloak and Dagger love coming from? I always liked Cloak, but add in Dagger and whatever book they're in consistently heads downhill.

Personally, I'd rather they just kill/depower C&D and transfer the powers to some new characters.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

But there is a book due to debut very soon, albeit with a new roster since the old one was trashed.

Interestingly a character that looks very similar to apoca-chamber is appearing in the new New Warriors book.

decibel006.jpg

Apparently he's a Final Fantasy character.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Good Christ, don't remind me of the shitty character work. Not one of those costumes is original. Or all that great.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Why.... why is Chamber wearing a kilt? Isn't he British?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote: