As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel's Returns

2»

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Its like he shops for shoes at the clown store.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Those look like galoshes... I do hear it rains a lot in England...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't see why we'd need a second Kid Apocalypse, but it doesn't look like the first either.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't see why we'd need a second Kid Apocalypse, but it doesn't look like the first either.

I think that actually is Chamber. They've been saying he's going to pop back up for a while now. And there is absolutely no reason to make another one...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Moon Knight sucked then and he sucks now. I'd kill for Kid Apocalypse joining the Young Avengers, though.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Why.... why is Chamber wearing a kilt? Isn't he British?
    Is Scotland no longer British?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

I think he meant English.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Moon Knight sucked then and he sucks now. I'd kill for Kid Apocalypse joining the Young Avengers, though.

I don't hear this. Moon Knight kicks ass. I mean, he cut a guy's fucking face off in the second issue! Granted, it was Bushman, but it was still cool. And Khonshu showing himself as Bushman, sans face, with a graveyard humor is awesome. I'm just waiting for Moony to start kicking some ass.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I am waiting for a new Cloak and Dagger book.

Hells fucking yes.

As much as I love Runaways to death, the best thing they did was bring Cloak and Dagger back into the Marvel readers consciousness, which led directly to their prominent part in Civil War.

And stop the NFL Superpro hate.

Where is this Cloak and Dagger love coming from? I always liked Cloak, but add in Dagger and whatever book they're in consistently heads downhill.

Personally, I'd rather they just kill/depower C&D and transfer the powers to some new characters.

You shut your god-damned dirty mouth, whore.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

I think that actually is Chamber. They've been saying he's going to pop back up for a while now. And there is absolutely no reason to make another one...

Well, they'll have to explain what happened to the hole where his mouth and chest are supposed to be. Because he was one of the Decimated.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They already did, apparently.
    Wiki wrote:
    Chamber was recently moved to a hospital in England, but was abducted by his therapist a few weeks later - his therapist being Frederick Slade, a member of the Clan Akkaba. Under orders of Ozymandias, Chamber was afterwards completely healed by the Clan, regaining a normal human body, albeit one that looks like a junior version of Apocalypse himself. A scan of Chamber's energy signature has revealed that his powers have possibly evolved to Omega-level.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They already did, apparently.
    Wiki wrote:
    Chamber was recently moved to a hospital in England, but was abducted by his therapist a few weeks later - his therapist being Frederick Slade, a member of the Clan Akkaba. Under orders of Ozymandias, Chamber was afterwards completely healed by the Clan, regaining a normal human body, albeit one that looks like a junior version of Apocalypse himself. A scan of Chamber's energy signature has revealed that his powers have possibly evolved to Omega-level.

That's terrible.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Good Christ, don't remind me of the shitty character work. Not one of those costumes is original. Or all that great.

It reminds me SO MUCH of Humberto Ramos' work on that old 2099 book "X-Nation" (at least that's what I think it was called).

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Good Christ, don't remind me of the shitty character work. Not one of those costumes is original. Or all that great.

It reminds me SO MUCH of Humberto Ramos' work on that old 2099 book "X-Nation" (at least that's what I think it was called).

Building up on 2099, I want to see the return of Ghost Rider 2099. Zero's supposed to be this big rebel. What better time for him to do that sort of thing then in SHRA-era Marvel. Plus his future tech and time spent in the future internet could possiblly keep Iron Man from just using his Extremis-powers to shut him down. Besides, if they could bring Halloween Jack to present-day Marvel, they can certainally bring GR-2099 over as well!

You could even kick it off in the current Ghost Rider series. GR-2099 pops up and then the Devil tells Johnny about him, tricking him into thinking Zero's another possessed body. They (Johnny and Zero) slug it out for a while and then team up when SHIELD comes in and tries to arrest them for being unregistered.

P.S.: Has anyone here really done a good long writen-out think/rant here on the fact that the name of the virus that gave Tony powers seems to be based on the word 'extreme'? I dunno. I just thought that word had overstayed it's welcome to the point of lynch mobs but maybe that's just me.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

I think he meant English.

Right... I always do that. My Australian friend keeps trying to correct me... but I'm an idiot.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Two things to say here. Both involve fictional women. Bear with me.

1) Dagger, as drawn in the Runaways, is HAWT HAWT HAWT. Rawrrr.
    2) The Loners. Lightspeed. Wasn't she, like, 12 or something in Power Pack? Now she looks early twenties. I don't know how to feel. Someone tell me how I should feel.

Divebommah on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    She's seventeen.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    NFL Superpro.

I bought a full run of this for three bucks last week.

They should have paid you 3$ just to take it off their hands ;-)

Algertman on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Jubilee is Ronin!!!!*

* Jubilee probably isn't Ronin

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Divebommah wrote: »
    Two things to say here. Both involve fictional women. Bear with me.

1) Dagger, as drawn in the Runaways, is HAWT HAWT HAWT. Rawrrr.
    2) The Loners. Lightspeed. Wasn't she, like, 12 or something in Power Pack? Now she looks early twenties. I don't know how to feel. Someone tell me how I should feel.

She's illegal.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd love a Jubilee ongoing, but apparently there already was one and it bombed. Also, since the 90's cartoon was so long ago, her relevance is probably somewhat diminished.

Quesada has been promising that Jubilee is going to become a major player in the Marvel Universe.

Not if I anthrax bomb his house first

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys, when are they doing Ultimate Guardians of the Galaxy?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I'd love a Jubilee ongoing, but apparently there already was one and it bombed. Also, since the 90's cartoon was so long ago, her relevance is probably somewhat diminished.

Quesada has been promising that Jubilee is going to become a major player in the Marvel Universe.

Not if I anthrax bomb his house first

IT'S HAPPENING IN JULY YOU CAN'T STOP IT

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    GOING BACK IN TIME AND ANTHRAX BOMBING HIM

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I WILL GO BACK IN TIME AND STOP YOU*

* UNLESS SHE IS IN THE CHAMPIONS. THEN I WILL GO BACK IN TIME AND HELP YOU.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png