As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comics? You have webcomics offline? // Yep. We call them "offline webcomics." I buy them.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    2307.png

finally

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Where the butt at?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    and then it's the Archime/QC crossover

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    Add a boner as a punchline and its comedy gold

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Why dosnt my ass look good in a bikini after years of poor diet and exercise

Hobnail on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    do you have any animé in you

I'm pretty sure marigold's at least a quarter animé

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I'm going to need more data in order to solve this mystery

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    121029.jpg

I'd be nervous too.

This is Derelict. NSFW in the archives.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hinges072.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Why does people own bikinis if they're self-conscious? Wouldn't it be better to own a one-piece?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that's not her bikini it's faye's

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Why does people own bikinis if they're self-conscious? Wouldn't it be better to own a one-piece?

You're trying to apply logic to webcomics. Even worse, to QC. Don't do that, you might hurt your brain.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    man, qc is baloney. Using a girl with a nice body to talk bout body issues

• Options
    crwth wrote: »
    that's not her bikini it's faye's
    Why does faye owns a 2 piece stripe bikini like it came from some ero anime (stripped pantsu??)

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

I'm going to need more data in order to solve this mystery

You know you're right, maybe I'm selling myself short, I never have slid my horrible form into a bikini

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »

When she Was introduced she was fat and full of zits ,

• Options
    does animé have a copyright on stripéd things

• Options
    looks like we have a she's all that situation here

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

Seriously wrote: »
    does animé have a copyright on stripéd things
    No , just Tim Burton

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    algeya wrote: »

nope

1413.png

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Can't really show the most recent False Positive since the violence is a little NSFW. (I dunno, they're killing Nazis, that's SFW, right?) Here's the one prior though:

2012-10-26.jpg

This seems a little strange considering the alien was far from tough himself

• Options

algeya wrote: »

nope

1413.png
    Arg my Qc enciclopedic knownlege failed to me,
    Wait I should be proud of that

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    JJ tends to make his characters more generic as time goes on

eventually we will approach a uniform singularity

• Options
    all of the world will be twenty something hipsters

• Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    What does her shirt say? Is it "Yaoi Zone"?

• Options
    Starcross wrote: »
    What does her shirt say? Is it "Yaoi Zone"?

indeed it does

• Options
    0iL6m.jpg

right next to

zVYyZ.jpg

• Options
    ...what's with the corn?

• Options
    think about it

• Options
    I don't want to

• Options
    corn is naturally ribbed for his or her pleasure

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    crwth wrote: »
    corn is naturally ribbed for his or her pleasure

that's my preferred method of making popcorn

FAQ on
  • Options
    I just remembered I made this a while ago

behold, the evolution of Marigold

marigoldevolution.png

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

My lady has a similar body type (bigger breasts, smaller ass- I wear the hotpants in the family)

She was plagued with body issues through most of college
    Then she started to bone more people and it helped her put thing in a more positive perspective

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    i-2LRvWx3.jpg
    10/30/2012 -Wii Want To Die
    I was working as an intern, which means I helped out with all manner of work including some very strange marketing projects involving the Nintendo Wii.

The boss man sheepishly explained the situation: Nintendo only gives you the money for the sales of your game upon hitting certain sales thresholds, and our game was reaaaally close to getting there, but sales had slowed and we needed the money before the fiscal quarter ended. He had pleaded with Nintendo to no avail, so, with a Wii in his hands, he gave me the project from hell. Get the Wii friend codes of some people who would like our game, and gift the game to them for free. Sounds great! We aimed for 200 gifted games.

Here, I learned the reasons why a Wii is not set up to handle this sort of volume. Let me walk you through the process.

In order to gift anything, a mutual friendship must occur. You add their Wii number, they add yours, and it takes a day-ish for the system to accept the bond. I believe you can have a max of 50 friends in your address book. That made gifting 200 people very difficult. I had to hope that they read the email, entered my Wii code correctly, and submitted theirs correctly as well. Sometimes they just wouldn’t add. One less gift to worry about, then!

It takes a while for the connection to occur. A lot of the time I was staring at greyed-out names (I entered the names as numbers, ranging from 01, eventually all the way to 247) waiting for it to accept.

Alas, a connection! Time to gift. Go through the complicated storefront, find the game, gift to friends list. ...Then, keep track of ones I gifted so I don’t try to send it again and waste time. Have to exit all the way to my address book to manually change the names of the ones I gifted this round.

I’d get a confirmation mail that the gift was picked up. I’d delete the recipient from the address book. I’d add more. I’d wait. Every day 2-5 more would show up ready for gifting. I would gift. Wait. Delete. Add. Wait. Repeat. Every day. We needed to gift 200 of these.

To prevent fraud, you cannot have more than $50 or $60 of Wii points in your account at one time. It caps out. That means if I gift 5 games at $10 apiece, I have to go all the way back through the store, input my credit card number manually, including the full billing address. Every 5 games. Sometimes I didn’t have a USB keyboard on hand and had to do it with the wiimote.

Wii sometimes switches up the position of buttons in the prompts. Wanna gift a game? Go find it. Gift it, you say? To which friend? Are you sure? Here’s the kick. At the very end, the “are you sure” prompt, they switch the buttons around on you. What was once “OK” becomes swapped with “CANCEL.” Thus, a zealous gifter such as I had pressed many a Cancel button. But it doesn’t just take you back to the gifting screen. It exits you out of the whole 9-button-path process and you end up at the storefront. Fresh and ready to rage.

The process was nebulous. Did we get credit for the game at the time that WE bought and sent it? Or was it when they picked it up? If we immediately deleted them from our friends list after sending the game, do they still get the game gifted to them or does it disappear? The address book was rather small, I needed more room to add new codes in a timely manner. I called in to Nintendo support about whether I could gift a game then immediately delete the recipient from my address book, and spent 20 minutes talking to a woman who, in the end, told me I should contact the developer of the game in question. Yes. I’ll get right on that. Oh wait. That’s me, and you’re useless.

The process took me about a month.

I checked it every day of my winter break. I took it to my family’s house on Christmas.

My boss did not understand why it was going so slowly, and found ways to ignore it when I explained to him how laborious the process was with a step-by-step document I made for any unfortunate interns to inherit the program after me.

It ended successfully. Then, 2 months later, they asked me to do it again for Europe… I was let go 2 months afterward, just shy of a year of work. Then I found the best job of my life. I guess things happen for a reason.

If we take the 16 hats in panel 3 as the maximum number of hats in the game, and assuming we can repeat hats, we get 16^10 = 1099511627776, sooo yeah.

• Options

marigoldevolution.png

now you must complete it

• Options
    bone bone bone bone

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

marigoldevolution.png
    Just Need to be updated is 300 pages behind time to add the sexy bikini, zitless version

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    This pun makes me laugh and I don't care what you think.
    121030a.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Starcross wrote: »
    It took me a while to see that that was batmans cowl.

And not a pair of black panties.
    ec20121029.png

This discussion has been closed.