As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All shall [chat] me and despair!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    When will people learn that trying to check someone out nonchalantly is the most obvious looking way to check someone out?

peripheral vision, people, PERIPHERAL VISION

also hi good morning

no way

it's way more fun to check someone out then just wait

heh

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    When will people learn that trying to check someone out nonchalantly is the most obvious looking way to check someone out?

Sun glasses.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It's hard to express how disappointed I am with her new album. It barely sounds like her at all. Not her voice, just the style of the music.

I'm taking a long break from it and I'm going to try again in a couple months, give it a fresh chance, but I'm not hopeful.

It's not just that it's not as good, it sounds like a different artist almost. I remember Imogen Heap's album Ellipse wasn't as good as her previous album Speak For Yourself, but it still sounded like her, and I appreciated it for that. (Besides, Speak For Yourself is a masterpiece, one can't expect all of her work to live up to that.) Same thing with Mika's newest album.

I just don't know what happened with Ellie, it makes me really sad because Lights is one of my favorite albums.

she started dating Skrillex

that shit is contagious

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Worst part of getting regular glasses was I treated them like sunglasses.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Another song that got used as a theme and really ended up being perfect for the movie.

http://youtu.be/BwwexXJla0k

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

was it a girl or a guy?

Two girls in this case. Pretty sure it was them just checking out the foreigner and not anything else. Both were definitely too young for me anyway.

I get checked out all the time in Japan and it is really funny how bad some people are at it. :)

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I've definitely checked out girls in ways that I would struggle to describe so positively as "nonchalantly." Mostly when I'm sober, embarrassingly.

Luckily for me I am actually charming as fuck when I get drunk, and once I have way too much I just get sleepy.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Another song that got used as a theme and really ended up being perfect for the movie.

I love this song so much.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

Sun glasses.

Reflective surfaces.

• Options
    It's like 25 degrees there too.

I don't remember what to do with that temperature other than die.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I really hope Grimes' next album is as amazing as Visions

I don't see how it can be though, Visions is basically perfect for what it is

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I love this song so much.

It was originally a song Simple Minds did to make their label shut up and go away so they could make the music they wanted. And then it ended up in the Breakfast Club soundtrack over the opening and closing credits and perfection.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I like checking out women, but I look fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Interacting with other people is too fraught with the possibility of faux pas, it's best to just stay in the house at all times

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to include The Dark Tower as fantasy. I loved those. Wizard and Glass is probably the best single thing Stephen King's ever written.

The first four were absolutely fantastic. The last three were really eh, though.

Wolves of the Calla was fine, I think. I only really had issues with book six and the first half or so of book seven. I thought the last few chapters of seven were pretty powerful, even if he'd whiffed some notes along the way.

I'm probably mixing them up somewhat. It's been a few years since I read them. I didn't hate them, just found them somewhat underwhelming compared to the first four.

Mostly I think my gripe was with the...loss of mystery i guess? And narrowing of focus. In books 2-4 especially there was this big world where it felt like anything could happen. It lost something for me when he got to describing the main antagonists in detail.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Interacting with other people is too fraught with the possibility of faux pas, it's best to just stay in the house at all times

but also fraught with the possibility of makeout

• Options
    Honestly just staring at someone would have been far less obvious than the twisted back, craned neck, peeking out of the corner of your eyes that these girls were pulling. When they noticed I noticed them checking me out the synchronized rotation to be looking directly away from me was a nice touch too. :P

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »

but also fraught with the possibility of makeout

SIG gets this.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

also hi good morning

Pff, I've been up for eight hours, sleepyhead.

Gonna crash so hard at some point.

• Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I wish I could cue up that "Hey hey heey hey ooooooOOOOoooooOOoooohhhh" on command.

Every time I'd walk out of a room...

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    this is the facial expression i use when checking out a woman

!cid_324.jpg

• Options
    Honestly just staring at someone would have been far less obvious than the twisted back, craned neck, peeking out of the corner of your eyes that these girls were pulling. When they noticed I noticed them checking me out the synchronized rotation to be looking directly away from me was a nice touch too. :P

Hey ladies, I'm up here please.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    haha, i love my private conversations with chatters. you are all pervs and just want to tell me about sucking or being sucked.

I ain't no perv!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Chu is one classy mother <3

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • Options
    chudog!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    But no seriously I'm supposed to have a sponsor lined up 30 days out.

I am 2 days out.

My command did better and we had people literally disappear at a moment's notice. The fuck is this command's excuse?

Quid on
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/hCDAfa-NI-M

Blaxploitation films tended to have these amazing soundtracks because that's how they were marketed and financed. Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song had it's soundtrack come out early. Also launched the career of Earth, Wind and Fire.

• Options
    haha, i love my private conversations with chatters. you are all pervs and just want to tell me about sucking or being sucked.

I ain't no perv!

i know exactly what skin folds you like to pleasure

• Options
    visiblehowl do you like Kimbra? I can see you really liking her album Vows if you haven't heard it already

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    chudog!!!!!!!

!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    My friend really wants me to watch the Resident Evil movies and I try, I really try they just can't hold my attention for very long.

They are putrid. I actually used them as an object example in a research paper I wrote about the decline of female action heroes in film.

Ok if you did a research project using it, maybe you can explain to me why it is the most boring thing ever to me.

I mean the actors are good actors. The soundtrack is good. The effects aren't bad. The dialog isn't cringe-inducing. The situations are simplistic but that's how action films usually are. What is it that makes it so boring?

My specific criticism, which is well developed in the paper but probably not in this post so forgive me for that, is that the heroine has been drained of her female strengths to make room for what is essentially a killing machine. She doesn't even have the level of empathy that we expect from a male action hero, Rambo and John MacLaine seem downright emotional in comparison. She's a cardboard cut out of a character doing ninja moves.

It doesn't matter that she's a good actress, in fact, that probably makes it worse because as a competent actress she's doing a good job of playing the emotionally flat character as written.

So you as the audience have nothing to relate to. The effects are irrelevant, all the cool explosions and tech in the world mean nothing in film if there is nothing to engage you emotionally.

The simplest example I can think of would be to take Schwarzenegger's character from Terminator 1 and insert it into Terminator 2.

That would be a shitty film, would it not?

That's basically how I feel about the Resident Evil films.

Hmm ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    whatchu doin awake chuman

• Options
    Sometimes I really do wonder how accurate my perception of reality is but then again I am very happy with my reality via how I perceive it so why worry about it?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    visiblehowl do you like Kimbra? I can see you really liking her album Vows if you haven't heard it already

I have heard a couple of songs, and I liked her, but she didn't strike deep like Ellie did.

I'll do a more thorough investigation of her vagina music.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    there's not actually all that much information in vaginas. i've looked.

• Options
    whatchu doin awake chuman

i actually took a nap :v for like 5 hours!

how's tricks

This discussion has been closed.