As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Legends of the Wulin: Autumn Leaves on Summer's Wind.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Strong Arm Lau and Thirsty Mountain Shen.

Lau's mighty chain sent bandits flying left and right. A very few avoided the strike, dodged as the chain whistled by inches away.

As Thirsty Mountain Shen dodged Lau's weapon, Chain of Wretched Crimes, he heard Mountain Gāng, one of the Three Brothers, laugh uproariously, "I didn't even know you could move like that! Not unless you were chasing wine or steamed buns!"

Smoke Demon moved like a raging wildfire, fierce and unrelenting. "Enough! Time you faced the full fury of our flame!" he raged. "Cleansing Firestorm!" He spun his saber over his head and the entire blade burst into flame. Tongues of fire flew off the spinning blade, taking root on the stalls and carts littering the edges of the market square. Within a span of heartbeats, most of the market square was a blazing inferno.

A curtain of black smoke blew across the square, hiding Smoke Demon from Lau's sight. An instant later, Smoke Demon pierced the concealing smoke moving as fast as a striking snake, his saber aimed at Lau's heart.
    Round 5:

Bandits: Lake: Dodge: 7d10 36 (6, 3, 3, 10, 8, 5, 1.) 23+10=33 That's one ripple + another for being an area attack. 7 of 8 Inflicted.

Smoke Demon: Lake: Dodge: 5d10 26 (9, 1, 5, 6, 5.) 25+15+10=50 And ... uhm, I guess the defense against the area attack is a 19+15+10=44
    Lake: Strike: 5d10 24 (7, 7, 5, 2, 3.) 27+10=37.

As for the Interesting Times result, while the fire rages a 25 or better Hardiness check (though other skills are acceptable with justification) needs to be made on the Initiative check or a Ripple is taken.

Can also make a skill check or kung-fu Marvel on the attack action as per the rules to quell the fires, but that would take a higher result then a 25.

Violet Fox

"Take a seat," Jao said and pointed, "Free table in the corner."

He turned back towards the kitchen but stopped for a moment, "Ask Owl if you need for anything."

"What?" the woman said, "I'm a swordswoman, not an innkeeper. Am I to serve food and drink now too?"

"Yes. Don't forget her pouch." Honest Jao said and was gone into the teahouse kitchen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Thirsty Mountain Shen sneered and shouted back, "Ha! Your words would carry greater weight if they weren't coming from behind your employer's skirts, Gāng! They should call you Xiǎotídàzuò!"
    "Molehill"

With that, the big man took a deep breath and launched himself into the smoke cloud and at the remaining bandits. "Lightning From A Clear Sky!"
    He smashed into his enemies, sweeping aside the unlucky with his axes, and casting the others to the ground with elbow strikes and heavy kicks.

The bandits had finally had enough. Those who were still conscious ran, hobbled or crawled for their lives, using the billowing smoke to screen their retreat.

Thirsty Mountain did not pause to savour his victory. Even as he drove a final bandit into the dirt with a vicious elbow to the face, he turned on his heel and pounded towards the teahouse, straight for the neat line of bulging rain barrels arranged along one side of the building. He set his axes down carefully, then grabbed the nearest barrel in his enormous hands and with a mighty grunt sent it arcing through the air to douse a nearby burning stall. A second barrel followed, then a third, and a fourth - each brimming with water that killed the flames cold or at least slowed their spread.

"I'll do what I can about the fire, constable," he shouted at Strong Arm Lau. "You put a muzzle on that Demon, and beat him like the dog he is!"
    My Round 5 Initiative was: 7d10 - 10, 6, 1, 6, 3, 9, 2.
    I used the 10 for my Initiative and Floated the sixes. I'll use the 9 for 19 + 10 Hardiness = 29 to shrug off the smoke.
    I'll also use the 3 for 13 + 10 Hardiness = 23 to Focus on Breath, to breathe 1 extra Chi (for a total of 3) at the end of this round.

Lake: Strike: 7d10: 42 [7d10=3, 4, 8, 6, 7, 10, 4]
    Ok, I can work with this.
    First I'll Flow in the two 6's in my River and spend 2 Chi on Hou Yi's Arrows for 36 +10 (External Kung Fu) +5 (Weapon) + 10 (Internal Kung Fu) = 61 to hit the bandits

Bandits Lake: Defend: 7d10: 36 [7d10=6, 9, 9, 1, 3, 2, 6]. Not bad, but not enough. Best they can do 29 + 10 = 39 for Dodge. That's 2 more Ripples, bringing them to 9/8. The bandits have had enough and are bailing out.

I'll then use the two 4's for 24 + 15 Might (Throwing) = 39 to hurl the rain barrels and bring the fire under control.
    Having the rain barrels so conveniently at hand (and even more conveniently full!) may well require the expenditure of some Joss, in which case I will gladly spend 1 Chivalrous to make this happen.

At the end of my turn I'll be at 10/12 Chi with 1 Ripple.

Oh, and I might as well roll my Round 6 Initiative: 7d10: 42 [7d10=5, 7, 4, 6, 9, 3, 8]
    Yeesh! I'll take the 9 for 19 + 15 = 34 Initiative and the 5 for 15 + 10 Hardiness = 25 to resist the smoke (if still necessary).
    I'll use the 6 for 16 + 15 Might (Throwing) = 31 to start a Wave to continue hurling rain barrels across the square to quell the fire. Will I still get my regular actions when my Initiative comes up? If not, that's fine - I'll spend Round 6 fighting the flames, if need be.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Violet Fox smirked and claimed the table Jao had mentioned, tossing the pouch of coins to the fighter who would, apparently, now be the waiter.

"Something cold to drink, enough for my guests when they arrive, if you please. It has been a warm day and will only get warmer I think."

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Silver Silk

From up on a rooftop, a voice boomed.
    "Starting a fire here? How barbaric!"
    Silver Silk used his staff to vault off the building, launching himself high up into the air.
    The sun glinting off his staff and embroidery almost gave him the appearance of a bolt of lightning as he descended towards the center of the square.
    7#1d10: 6 9 9 2 5 7 2
    Take the 9s, add my 5 speed = 34 initiative
    use the 2s, spend 2 regular chi for a Cover Ground wave roll of 32 because vaulting off rooftops probably meets the definition of hard

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Silver Silk, Thirsty Mountain Shen, and Strong Arm Lau

Smoke Demon sneered as Silver Silk landed in the square, "Barbaric? You know nothing. Fire cleanses and purifies." He smiled and bowed low mockingly, "Enough fun. I already have what I came after. Time to take my leave."

Strong Arm Lau shouted imperiously, "You will stand before the law and be judged!" He sent his chain hurtling towards the bandit leader with terrible force. Few could have matched the speed of Strong Arm Lau, however Smoke Demon had proven himself capable of doing so and demonstrated again. The bandit leapt away an instant before the chain crashed into the cobblestones and shattered several into powder.

Smoke Demon landed on a smouldering rooftop, turned on one heel and was away, bounding across the rooftops to the west. There were no bandits left upright in the market square, all had either fled or were lying on the ground unconscious.
    Ok, so Strong Arm Lau is delaying because Rainfall has been unresponsive for a bit.

Smoke Demon is on the way out. The 50 is good enough to take to the nearest rooftop and leap across to the next. He aims to continue in that manner and make good his escape.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Violet Fox

Hunting Owl caught the bag of coins and stomped back behind the bar. She came back with a clay jug and set it down roughly on the table, "Your drink." She said through gritted teeth. "Stupid servers, running off at the first sign of trouble." She turned away and headed back to the bar, though Violet Fox could still hear her grousing, "Demanding I lower myself to serving food and drink, bowing and scraping. Servants should be scared of me, not some cut-rate bandits."

"Is Owl's bellyaching really that engrossing?" An amused male voice cut over Hunting Owl's complaining. Violet Fox looked up at the third of the Three Brothers, Bounding Monkey. "May I join you for a moment?" He asked, helping himself to a seat anyway. "I think Owl was born with that scowl on her face. Though she does smile when throwing a drunk out or breaking up a fight. Like a shark though, all teeth." He shuddered theatrically, before reaching for the jug with a wide grin, "Ah. chilled wine. Tasty, and just the thing to quench a thirst, I think I'll help myself if you don't mind." He poured a generous helping for himself and knocked it back.

"So," he said, setting his empty cup down, "What do you know, Violet Fox? What's the latest news and gossip?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thirsty Mountain Shen

“Yes, run you dog! Tuck your mangy tail between your legs and be gone!” the big man shouted after the fleeing Smoke Demon. He spat contemptuously into the dirt, and then doused another smoldering stall with a barrel of water.

With the fight more-or-less over, some of the more courageous villagers had begun a bucket brigade to deal with the other fires. Satisfied that the situation was in hand, Thirsty Mountain Shen brushed the dust from his sleeves and picked up his axes. He turned to the other fighters still in the square.

“I like your style, Constable,” he said to Strong Arm Lau. He looked over at Silver Silk. “I thought you might be another trouble-maker, but you are clearly no friend of those Fire Doctrine dogs. You were prepared to stand up to them, which means you are probably a good man.”

“On the other hand, I see you are with Bright Fist. Tsk, tsk. That is certainly a mark against you, friend.” Shen continued with a sly wink. “You will have to make up the difference by buying the first bottle of wine!”

“I am Thirsty Mountain Shen,” he said to both men, bowing slightly. “My teacher was Master Fong. These are my axes, The Twin Tempests. I invite you all to join me inside the teahouse for a meal. To whom do I have the honour of speaking?”
    I hope it’s ok to bring in some townsfolk to manage the clean-up. And I guess STL can maybe play the strong silent type for a while?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Silver Silk

"That's it? I walked all that extra distance on an empty stomach only for the barbarian to run away?"

He turns to Thirsty Mountain. "I am Silver Silk. Someone probably called me Gu Wen once as well."
    "I met a nice young lady on the way over here who said she would make arrangements for us at the tea house. Her name was Violet Fox, she mentioned a Shen and a constable."
    Silver Silk started on his way back towards the tea house.
    "The first of many bottles can be on me! I've been on the road for days and need a night to collect myself."

• Options
    Bright Fist looked around the courtyard, "The fight's over? But we just got here" He scuffed one shoe against a roof tile.

He turned to Silver Silk, "I don't think the fat one cares for my company. I'm going to head off and see if there's any more fighting going on."

The young fighter grinned, "Somewhere, there's someone that has need of my skills. I wouldn't want to keep them waiting." With that, Bright Fist was off, running down the street and quickly gone from sight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thirsty Mountain glared at Bright Fist. "I am not fat! I have dragon's bones!" he shouted uselessly as Bright Fist disappears from view. Several townsfolk looked up at him, attempt with varying degrees of success to hide smirks, and then quickly got back to the business of cleaning up.

Shen turns and walks into the Crescent Moon with Silver Silk. "Ah, you have met Violet Fox? Lovely girl. Excellent gongfu. Oh, there she is now. Hello, Fox! This is Silver Silk - he is buying the wine," Shen says with a grin.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Violet Fox rolled her eyes at Bounding Monkey but smiled nonetheless. "You probably know the goings-on just as well as I," she said. "Or perhaps not. We don't give stories, we trade them, and I think I have something worth value. Show me your wares and we'll see."

As Shen and Silver Silk entered, Violet Fox rose and gave a courteous bow. "Your speed in joining me is most appreciated," said the young courtesan, "and the offer of our first drink sounds lovely. The meal is already taken care of. Please sit, Bounding Monkey and I were just trading a tale or two."

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Thirsty Mountain clapped his hands together. "Splendid! Jao - bring us something that isn't terrible!" He took a seat next to Fox, opposite Bounding Monkey, whom he favoured with a nod. "And thank you, Fox, for seeing to the food. We've been working up quite the appetite out in the square. It's too bad you didn't join us earlier, but I suppose you were practicing caligraphy or tea-pouring or something, eh?"

"So, what tales are we telling?"

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Violet Fox scoffed girlishly. "If I am to be made fun of for practicing a lady's arts then you should be reprimanded for eating too many pork buns."

• Options
    Shen reddened beneath his beard. "I- pork buns ... look-" Finally he gave up and simply laughed. "Alright, alright. That was uncharitable of me, I apologize. But it's not like you to miss out on any action - you're often at the center of it, if I'm not mistaken. So I wonder what it was that kept you?""

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Fox brushed a blue lock of hair behind an ear and leaned back, crossing her legs. "Earlier this afternoon I was taking tea with my sifu. We were interrupted by the arrival of a would-be assassin bent on killing White Sparrow."

The girl poured a little chilled wine into a cup and sipped. "It was challenging, but I play the long game and I never lose," she said with a smirk, making eye contact with the three Wulin fighters seated at the table.

"The assassin was Malignant Viper. Do you know this name?"

• Options
    Monkey grinned, "You wound me, Violet Fox. To think I would listen to your stories without sharing my own? Why the give and take is the best part!"

He bowed deeply to Silver Silk and Thirsty Mountain, no mean feat when seated, "Brothers! Good day to you both. I caught part of your fight, Mountain. Most impressive, especially for one so full of drink and pork buns. The Judge is outside I take it? Keeping a stern lookout for more lawbreakers?" He asked jovially.

"As for stories, I have a few to share. There are storms brewing to the west and north, it is said. Foreign Devils from beyond Shen Zhou are showing in greater numbers than ever before. Nobody knows why, though there are as many suppositions as stars at night. Folk are saying that the Yun Clan has grown weak or is in league with the foreigners. And the Wall has never held much confidence with the common people. I hear Bright Fist is seeking more students, reaching for fame and renown. And falling short, as usual." Truth be told, Bounding Monkey and Bright Fist got along very well, the two could often be seen drinking together or sparring anywhere in the city.

"Malignant Viper? The name is passing familiar, so many people pass through Seven Roads, who can keep track." Monkey's grin faded, "So, Viper lives? I never met her but everything I've heard paints her as cruel and heartless. At best."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thirsty Mountain ignored Monkey's taunt and spoke around a pork bun. "An assassin? In White Sparrow's tea garden? Inconceivable!"

"I have never heard of Malignant Viper, but if they infiltrated the Resplendent Phoenix compound, then they must have been talented indeed. I salute your skills in defeating such a foe, Violet Fox."

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    The young xia nodded and frowned. It made her look older. "It may mean dire portents. Her attack occupied myself and Sparrow; it can't be a coincidence that the bandits chose that time to launch an attack."

• Options
    "It does seem very convenient," Thirsty Mountain agreed. "One wonders what men and women of honour can do in such times." Then he brightened. "For now, let us toast our successes!" he cried, lifting his cup.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Violet Fox raised her cup politely but did not drink. She looked over at Silver Silk. "What say you about all this? You're new to Seven Roads. What rumors have you collected in your travels?"

• Options
    Before Silver Silk could answer, Thirsty Mountain leaned in close to Violet Fox. "I meant to tell you that I spoke with your paramour, Soaring Hawk, the other day" he said with exaggerated gravitas. "He asked my help composing a song for you. I know - I was as surprised as you are! But of course I helped him - he is my superior, after all. Would you like to hear the first verse? Of course you would."

Brooking no objection, the big man sat back, cleared his throat and began to sing in a deep but surprisingly melodious baritone.

Her tender orbs, like silver moons
    Can calm the sea and still typhoons.
    My wan'dring heart will never be
    At peace 'til she belongs at last to me.

Thirsty Mountain grinned mischievously at Fox. "It's very clever. You see the tender orbs are of course your eyes, but it also refers to your, er..." he seemed suddenly to lose his momentum. "Well, you know, your, uh ... " he tried, gesturing vaguely at Fox's tunic before finally giving up and filling his cup once more. "Anyway, I'm sure you'll be deeply moved," he said as he took a drink.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Silver Silk set down his cup after a good long drink.
    Turning to Violet Fox, he says "Rumors? I don't pay too much attention to most rumors. Invasion this, bandits that, hearing of nothing but rampant barbarism is tiring."
    He takes another long drink, draining the remainder of his cup.
    "Mostly I'm just passing through town on my way from Shambala, a place I plan on never returning to, though that is a tale for another day.
    I heard a story about the name of this city and figured that a man of enlightenment such as myself should not pass up the opportunity to try and walk the supposed road of enlightenment while I'm here."

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Fox shook her head, a flicker of a smile dancing across her eyes. "I think," she said, taking a small drink, "that perhaps Uncle Shen should remain a fighter and not a bard, lest you put the country's best lyricists out of work."

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Monkey nearly choked on his wine, "Ah, Shen. A very unique piece. If you'd accept some friendly advice though; don't pursue a bard's career unless you want to lose weight." He winked at Violet Fox, "A lot of weight."

"And it seems there were more than a few 'coincidences' today..." Monkey's gossip and news was interrupted when his attention was captured by the man who had just entered the Crescent Moon Tea House. He had walked unchallenged past Mountain Gāng and was now having a whispered conversation with Honest Jao. "Well well, if it isn't the Captain of the Guard himself. I wonder what brings him to this humble establishment? Anyway, as I was saying..."

"Excuse me I need all of you to come with me immediately, you are summoned before the magistrate." The Captain loomed over their table, arms folded over his breastplate.

"Me too?" asked Monkey brightly. "Except you." said the Captain.

He looked at each of them in turn, "If you intend to resist, please wait until we are outside. I would hate to further disrupt Master Jao's business."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Violet Fox arched a thin eyebrow. "The magistrate? Before we have finished our supper? Very inconsiderate of you, captain."

• Options
    Thirsty Mountain shrugged and stuffed a pork bun into his mouth and washed it down with the last of his wine. Grabbing another bun, he rose to his feet and gave the Captain an appraising look. "I expect the magistrate will want to thank us for saving the town from those bandit dogs," he said. "Let's be off. If we hurry, we can be back by the time the next course is ready."

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Silver Silk sighed. He had just carefully piled a small mountain of food in front of him and prepared to dig in when this latest interruption happened.

"I expect that a man like the magistrate hardly has time to deal with petty bandits. Surely he has heard I was traveling in the area and seeks my assistance in bringing enlightenment and a new age to this city."

He stood up, a single tear forming in his eye as he looked one last time at the meal he was abandoning.

"Lets be off then, it would be rude to keep the magistrate waiting."

• Options
    Shen eyed Silver Silk’s plate. “Are you going to eat that?” he asked, and plucked a steaming roll from the top of meticulous pile and popped it into his mouth.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    "I... It... It would be rude to bring my meal with me..."
    Silver Silk's face betrayed a brief flash of obvious depression as he forced himself to continue away from the food.

• Options
    Violet Fox rose as well, though she barely came up to the shoulders of the other fighters. Arranging her self properly she gestured for the captain to lead the way.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    "I am sorry to interrupt your meal. But this is of great importance. If you're ready to leave, let us go." The Captain bowed to Jao and turned to leave the teahouse.

Once outside, Violet Fox, Thirsty Mountain Shen, and Silver Silk Gu Wen saw that the captain had brought a full three squads of mounted guardsmen with him. "As I said, it is of utmost importance that the magistrate speaks with you." He said when he saw the three heroes look over his guards. "Please take a seat in the carriage." He said as he mounted up, waving a hand to indicate a horse drawn carriage drawn up beside his own mount.

The three heroes boarded the open carriage, though it creaked in protest when Shen hefted his weight into a seat. Once the trio was settled, the captain set the guards and carriage driver in motion with a word. On the way to the magistrate's palace; Silk, Shen, and Fox saw that the attack on the market district had not been confined to just the streets around the Crescent Moon teahouse. Though it looked like the bandits had fully fled for there were already people out and about, surveying and repairing the damage.

The procession arrived at the large courtyard fronting the Magistrate's Palace in due time. As they looked around it was clear to Silver Silk, Violet Fox, and Thirsty Mountain that the bandits or some other group had pierced this far into the heart of Seven Roads. The air reeked of smoke and a slight haze hung over everything in sight. Here more than anywhere else was the greatest activity to repair the damage from the attack. The Captain dismounted and bade the three Wulin heroes follow him inside. The main portal into the palace bore the unmistakable signs of forced entry.

The three were escorted by the Captain past every checkpoint without even lip service paid to normal courtly procedure, a clear indication of the importance the Magistrate placed on this audience. Even deep in the palace the signs of battle lingered; here a shattered vase, there a slashed tapestry. Only when they reached the door to the chamber where the Magistrate saw the business of the Imperial Court and dispensed the Emperor's Justice did the signs of battle and damaged furnishings stop. "We stopped them here. Until they retreated, anyway." The Captain said. He shot a look at the two guards stationed by the door, one nodded at him. The Captain returned the nod, "The Magistrate will see you now." he said and ushered them into his presence.

The Imperial Court of Seven Roads was tasteful but reflected the power and status of the Imperial Dynasty, ornate windows let the light of the evening sun spill over the floor. The Magistrate sat upon his throne at the far end of the room, leaning forward as if deep in thought. The court was sparsely populated, only the Magistrates head adviser's stood to the sides of the court but the space before the Magistrate lay empty. He looked up, "Ah good, all of you answered my summons. Please, come closer."

"From what my subjects have told me, all three of you have been involved in today's festivities in one way or another. What did you think of the entire affair? I find myself with many threads of the story but not the complete tapestry."

The Magistrate smiled and steepled his fingers, "Thus my purpose for calling you three to my presence is two-fold. The first is to gain a clearer picture about the attacks on my city. The second... shall remain shadowed for now."

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thirsty Mountain Shen narrowed his eyes slightly at the Magistrate. He did not, as a matter of course, trust politicians - and the way this one claimed that which belonged the Emperor did not sit well with the big man. Shen cleared his throat, and glanced meaningfully at Violet Fox and Silver Silk.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Violet Fox stepped forward with the ease and familiarity of someone well versed in the arts of politics and intrigue. She bowed, deep enough for propriety but not enough to be seen as obsequious.

Rising the young woman smiled brilliantly, making sure to aim it at every single assembled official. She received a few polite nods in return before settling its full expression on the magistrate.

"Magistrate Shu, I am glad that you have seen fit to include us in your deliberations. I can only attest to my active participation in a small slice of the tale, I had the fortune to spectate a larger piece that transpired in the markets. If I have your permission my lord, and my companions do not object, it would be my pleasure to relay events as I have seen them."

Magistrate Shu tugged on his mustache and nodded. "Have you anything to add before the lady speaks?"

• Options
    Shen took a half-step forward and bowed awkwardly to the Magistrate. “Uh, not I, Excellency. I defer to my, er, companions to relay the details of the, uh, events that took place...” he trailed off, then leaned over to Violet Fox. “Don’t forget to mention the part where I smashed the bandits like firewood,” he whispered, and chuckled to himself. “That was great fun.”

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Violet Fox pat Shen on the arm and continued.

"I began my day as normal, taking breakfast in the tea garden..."

"...Attacked in the Resplendent Phoenix compound by none other than Malignant Viper! ..."

"...Roused from my meditations at the smell of fire and commotion. I came as quickly as I could..."

"...And now we are here relaying our tale," the girl finished.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    "This is a fairly accurate retelling of the events as I know them, though I feel not enough attention was paid to how I bravely arrived on the scene to spread enlightenment to friend and foe alike."

premium on
  • Options
    "Details are important in matters such as this, young Miss Fox."

• Options
    "hmm, Interesting."

"A question for you, Violet Fox. And to both of you men as well." Magistrate Shu addressed the three Wulin heroes, "In your opinion, was this attack a planned assault, with goals and objectives beyond pure mayhem and destruction? Or was it the act of nothing more then thugs? Barbarians in all but name."

"I and my advisors have their own theories on this, but I find I desire the viewpoint of someone who lives within the Jiang Hu." Magistrate Shu paused and frowned as he had noticed his court chronicler was staring at the Thirsty Mountain, Violet Fox, and Silver Silk. Shu leaned forward on his chair, frowning, "Chen! Don't just stand there with your mouth open. See to your duties. Have you taken down the story as Zhi Hu has told it?"

Chen, the court scribe, jumped and looked at his magistrate, startled. He quickly dropped his attention back to his quill, inks, and paper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    "I believe that the hands crafting their misdeeds were perhaps led to believe they were acting independently," Violet Fox said. "I also believe that there is someone pulling the strings. Given the rumors that are traveling round the countryside..." the girl said, trailing off.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Thirsty Mountain shrugged. "The attack seemed random enough to me, Excellency. But frankly, even an impromptu raid should have involved more men. Seven Roads is a large and well-defended city. Notwithstanding the initial surprise, the bandits could not have expected to get far." He paused a moment. "I wonder if this was perhaps some kind of diversion, meant to draw attention from some more subtle machination elsewhere."

Currently Playing: