Options

[Borderlands 2] Humor + Gameplay + Loot - Balance = Infuriating Fun! Tiny Tina DLC out!

curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue DealerRegistered User regular
Borderlands 2 is here!

http://youtu.be/ERe3wZdIAtc

http://youtu.be/oUu-FzRFYZA

http://youtu.be/nicvyhrmTDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8GbEvsk3_8

And now, standing on the shoulders of giants,

Borderlands
thread eighteen! (NOW LEGAL!)

(seventeen sixteen fifteen fourteen thirteen twelve eleven ten nine eight seven six five four three two one)

borderlands-2-wimoweh-trailer-1.jpg

Four SIX new classes:
Salvador the Gunzerker -- Dual wields guns (any guns) Salvador's Skills
Maya the Siren -- Phaselock for crowd control, healing, damage Maya's Skills
Axton the Soldier Guy -- Snazzy turret Axton's Skills (Note: Do or Die is a 1 point skill, not 5.)
Zero the Loner -- Sword, sniper, sneaky Zer0's Skills
Gaige the Mechromancer -- Hulking robot summon, ponies Gaige's Skills
Krieg the Psycho -- BURNING HULKING RAGE ALL THE DAMN TIME Krieg's Skills

How about some gameplay from PAX (August 2012)?

http://youtu.be/BABlz-st7Pk

What else?

It's Steamworks. Very nice.

The original Vault Hunters are all be in game as NPCs, including a 'live' Lilith.

There's a dashing bad guy, Handsome Jack, who has taken over the Hyperion Corporation and built himself a moon base from which he can shoot down robot reinforcements.

Gun manufacturers are way more significant in the new game. Bandit weapons have huge magazines. When you reload a Tediore weapon you chuck it like a grenade and it explodes (the rocket launchers actually shoot a rocket). Maliwan is sexy and elemental. Vladoff weapons have insane fire rates. Jakobs guns fire as fast as you can click/pull the trigger. Torgue guns? EXPLOSIONS! Etc. Non-gun loot (grenades, mods, artifacts, skins, heads, etc.) is also be randomized and way more diverse than BL1. Grenades that create a mob-sucking singularity before exploding in corrosive acid and also giving transfusion health? Yes please!

Main game bank for storing items and transferring items between characters.

New currency: eridium. Can be used to buy inventory, ammo and bank upgrades on the black market.

Lots of new bad guys - mobs and bosses - including some that will evolve Pokemon style into much more dangerous forms if you don't kill them quickly.

Character skins and heads:
gaming_borderlands_2_screenshot_7.jpg

New element: slag! Slagged enemies are more susceptible to damage.

You can move while in Fight For Your Life mode - yay!

New end game raid boss -- Terramorphous the Invincible -- supposed to make Crawmerax look like a sea monkey.

Gearbox has committed to 4 DLC, along the lines of Knoxx in scope they say, by June of 2013. Price is $10 each (or comparable) and there is a season pass to get all 4 for $30.

And, oh yes, midgets on shields...

NON-EXPIRING LIST OF SHIFT CODES

RxI0N.png
Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Things that are awesome? Tiny Tina DLC and new BL thread.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    DID YOU KNOW THAT 97% OF OBJECTS ON PANDORA ARE NOT EXPLODING ? THAT'S BULLSHIT! BUY TORGUE!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Also the best BL2 music video ever:

http://youtu.be/gEI_WqFEqjI

sig.gif
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    BL2 is better than BL1 solely for the inclusion of torgue's updated brand offerings

this is fact.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    BL2 is better than BL1 solely for the inclusion of tediore updated brand offerings

this is fact.

ftfy

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    BL2 is better than BL1 solely for the inclusion of tediore updated brand offerings

this is fact.

ftfy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yN0oya63Es

EXPLOOOOOOOOSIONSSS

EDIT: i'm super happy that BL2 music video got posted on the front page, i hadn't seen it in a while :^:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I really like the idea that every manufacturer has their own design scheme; the fact that you can tell the difference between guns at a glance is awesome.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I know it has been stated several times, but Tiny Tina's really is a lot of fun. And Axton's turret is still amazing.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Ahh, fresh thread.

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Tiny Tina and the crumpets is the best thing ever.

"You should be literally dead."

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm confused. I thought UVHM was part of the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack, which lists:
    Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
    Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
    Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
    Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately

But I topped off a P2 today and noticed it gave the alert for UVHM being available despite not having the pack, and so it was. Does the upgrade pack only add the skill points and the new weapon types?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    do you have the season pass already?

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

this is fact.

ftfy

I have been on a lifetime self ban of tediore weapons since bl1. I imediatley vendor them and refuse to use anything made by them.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    That's too bad. The Baby Maker is the best.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    do you have the season pass already?

No.

Edit: Okay, apparently UVHM was included in the patch that added the extra ammo SDUs and higher eridium cap, and the poorly named Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade pack just adds the levels and weapon types.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    That's too bad. The Baby Maker is the best.
    Yeah, but it's pretty much the only good Tediore though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The Avenger and Blockhead are pretty good.

• Options
    i like the one that has an octopus on it

until i actually want to kill something

wait wait wait

isn't the deliverance a tediore? that gun is FANTASTIC. oh my god yes.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Respecced to sniper Zero, can take out a constructor rather quickly with a corrosive smg.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Elendil wrote: »
    The Avenger and Blockhead are pretty good.

They are good but the low fire rate hampers most of the Tediore product line. Just keep an eye open for the ones with a good RoF. I consider them a mix of Dahl and Maliwan when it comes to elemental damage, good accuracy and low recoil.

And the grenade reload is pretty handy against enemies with lots of HP but it is more notable on the SMGs with large mags.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Tediore weapons are meant to be thrown non-stop. There is no point in shooting things with them when throwing them at full-1 capacity does way more damage.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, neat, got a Conference Call off the Handsome Sorcerer.

I absolutely adored this DLC... save the Skeletal Conjurers.

SCREW THOSE GUYS. Seriously, whoever came up with those should totally be tossed off the top of Dragon Keep.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I got a Fire Leech from the handsome sorcerer. I haven't tested it but it seems to fit Krieg.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Ok so I've played through the main game, can't seem to get myself to level another character. Had some fun with the pirate DLC, enjoyed Torgue (aside from badassasaurus) and am currently struggling to do more than one mission at a time in the hunter DLC.

Now, tiny tinas dlc looked amazing in videos, but how does it really stack up?

My gear is kinda shit because I know I can't just blow through everyone like some people can on Axton. (or I'm bad, equally as likely) So I'm kinda worried that struggling to kill dudes will sour the experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ok so I've played through the main game, can't seem to get myself to level another character. Had some fun with the pirate DLC, enjoyed Torgue (aside from badassasaurus) and am currently struggling to do more than one mission at a time in the hunter DLC.

Now, tiny tinas dlc looked amazing in videos, but how does it really stack up?

My gear is kinda shit because I know I can't just blow through everyone like some people can on Axton. (or I'm bad, equally as likely) So I'm kinda worried that struggling to kill dudes will sour the experience.

Go to the list of Golden Key shift codes listed in the OP and load up. That'll gear you. Also, the Tiny Tina DLC (which I've only touched a tiny bit of) is considered to be on par with the main game in terms of quality. Definitely the best of the 4 DLCs.

Oh, and Badassasauras? Just stay behind the concrete barrier in front of the door you came in at and he can rarely touch you.

Esh on
  • Options
    It's too bad none of the DLCs really matched Knoxx.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Oh I finally got him down. I just had a long streak of him always managing to hit me there no matter what.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Oh I finally got him down. I just had a long streak of him always managing to hit me there no matter what.

Oh thats because some idiot made it so he reflects bullets

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    just saw a screenshot of a 'Skin of the Ancients' relic.

Holy shit I want one.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Krieg's pretty amazing. The amount of damage I can do, even at level 34 or whatever, is absolutely disgusting; I can one-shot most enemies in Normal, even outside of rampage, and even in a 3-4 player game. I basically just use rampage as a means of health management. I pop it when I'm critical to trigger immunity frames, a full heal and damage reduction. In that way, I can use it again right away when its finished.

My only real complaint is that people either don't know or don't care how Psychos work, so oftentimes they won't revive me when I'm running around in Light the Fuse. Like, I'll run right up to them and wait and they'll just keep firing at enemies. I'll even run over to someplace safe, and I'll still get ignored. Oftentimes, this is after I've willingly downed myself with Redeem the Soul to res someone else.

Also, there's inevitably some jackass who thinks its hilarious to down me over and over again when we're trying to fast travel. I can definitely do without being able to be damaged by my own fucking teammates, if only because of that bullshit.

• Options
    hey

have you guys ever noticed that there are no blue maliwan smgs

• Options
    edited July 2013
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Also, there's inevitably some jackass who thinks its hilarious to down me over and over again when we're trying to fast travel. I can definitely do without being able to be damaged by my own fucking teammates, if only because of that bullshit.
    i'd just spec out of fuel the rampage

you don't particularly need it with release the beast

Elendil on
  • Options
    doot doot looking for a 5.7 fire rate torgue rifle

this is taking a while, i should farm up some torgue token so i can look for a perfect bonus package while i'm at it

*does that*

*finds rifle immediately upon resuming farming*

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    i'd just spec out of fuel the rampage

you don't particularly need it with release the beast
    This is true, but having a 100% bonus to cooldown outside of RtB is pretty nice.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    just saw a screenshot of a 'Skin of the Ancients' relic.

Holy shit I want one.
    i am physically unable to use any relic that doesn't boost my deeps

i just vendor these

• Options
    Running with a Hide of Terramorphous shield is almost a completely different playstyle than Love Thumper; I'm not sure I like it. But damn does it boost the melee.

I may need to respec.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I'm assuming those two shift code things, love thumber and something else, you get when you log in on your first characters should be reserved for some max-lvl badass?

• Options
    Panda4You wrote: »
    I'm assuming those two shift code things, love thumber and something else, you get when you log in on your first characters should be reserved for some max-lvl badass?
    use it at a level you might need it

the love thumper is a quest reward and only available at a handful of levels: the playthrough 1 level, the playthrough 2 level, playthrough 2.5, then anywhere after 50

probably not a bad idea to aim for one of those gaps

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    So I just picked this up, been playing it the last two nights. I'm still getting stuck on weird terrain, just like in the first game.

Oh well.

Fun so far. Though I did find it odd that I didn't see a single SMG until I got to sanctuary, and then only when a friend used a key on the golden chest.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    use it at a level you might need it

the love thumper is a quest reward and only available at a handful of levels: the playthrough 1 level, the playthrough 2 level, playthrough 2.5, then anywhere after 50

probably not a bad idea to aim for one of those gaps

There's also a Shift Code that was in Game Masters magazine that gives you one.