As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocksmith 2014] Light your fire with 12 Hendrix songs. Next Gen is here! steam sale

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I was thinking today. What are the odds they port RS14 over to the newer consoles?

Who wants RS14 with added Kinect sensing?

What features could they add? RS2014 on 360 already has full voice command support.

I dunno, automatic recognition of which players are playing and whether they're on bass/electric plus how the instruments are configured in terms of tuning keys.

I don't know if it'd also be capable of reading finger placement on the strings or not.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I have to say, I'm getting more and more frustrated with RS2014's inability to pick up about 1/2 the notes played on the b and high e strings. If there's a bend there, I can pretty much guarantee it's not going to recognize it. It makes learning some of the solos just an effort in frustration as you play something that sounds perfect in your ears but apparently misses 12-20 of the notes according to the game.

The bridge/pickup adjustments mentioned above could help. Also, if you have a good tuner. Try this. Fret the string open, and tune. Now fret it on the 12th straight. It should be in tune, not flat or sharp. If it is off by a considerable amount, this could be your problem (I just learned about all this in some set up guides) Also, are you sure you are bending the proper step, and also not bending early or late (Sometimes it's a sustain before a bend, or a quick bend/release sustain)

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Oh fuck, guys, I'm in some serious trouble. Went down to the local mom & pop guitar shop on my lunch break to idly browse and there it was. The most goddamn beautiful Fender Bass VI* I've ever seen. Instant gear acquisition syndrome, as bad as I've ever had it. It costs about $900 more than I was planning on spending on a bass guitar and fuck man Rocksmith 2014 doesn't even support 6 string bass but I want it I want it I want it I want it! :(

*That's not the actual guitar that I saw in store, but same model and color

edit: aha, here is the exact model I was looking at

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Forgot to mention, last night I finally broke 10mil on a Guitarcade game. The Harmonic Heist one! For some reason that game is silly easy to me compared to others. Gone Wailn seems to be the one I have the most difficulty with, it seems that if I play all open strings it's either at the bottom or the top, can't seem to sustain anywhere in the middle. Playing on a single string doesn't seem to help much either! Also, in news, my fucking ring finger can fuck off and die! It's muting strings and I swear I'm playing on the tip of it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    oh sweet jesus, our local music store is have a one day, every item in store at cost sale on saturday... I might be in some serious trouble here.

We're definitely getting my buddy a nicer squier strat so he can start playing again. and there were a handful of things i'm super tempted by, including a few different guitars and a blackstar amp because it would be at cost, plus the rebate blackstar currently has running. this could be a problem...

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Tommatt wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm getting more and more frustrated with RS2014's inability to pick up about 1/2 the notes played on the b and high e strings. If there's a bend there, I can pretty much guarantee it's not going to recognize it. It makes learning some of the solos just an effort in frustration as you play something that sounds perfect in your ears but apparently misses 12-20 of the notes according to the game.

The bridge/pickup adjustments mentioned above could help. Also, if you have a good tuner. Try this. Fret the string open, and tune. Now fret it on the 12th straight. It should be in tune, not flat or sharp. If it is off by a considerable amount, this could be your problem (I just learned about all this in some set up guides) Also, are you sure you are bending the proper step, and also not bending early or late (Sometimes it's a sustain before a bend, or a quick bend/release sustain)

I generally tune by ear with harmonics when not using the in game. It's so far pretty flawless since I can feel the vibrations for the most part. It's certainly in tune. And the more I think about it, the less I think the bridge or pickup adjustments will help. The sound is coming through into the game flawlessly. It sounds perfect, and the volume is on par with the other strings. I mean, I suppose it could be a hardware/guitar issue, but it doesn't make sense to me that the cable and game itself will translate the plucking of the string without issue and translate it into the game itself, but then when in a song fail to register when the string is being played.

I'm bending the proper step, the problem is the part of the game that's detecting if I'm hitting the proper notes is losing track of the string at some point mid/late bend and so it thinks I'm falling short.

A good example is when I'm in the tuner. If I pluck the high e string to tune, the little circle will fill up about half way and then stop, even though the sound is ringing out clear. I have to pick the string repeatedly until the circle fills up. Sometimes it will give me a warning message that my volume is very low and that I should turn it up. Even though the sound is coming through my speakers just fine.

I'll play with the pickups in a few days to see if anything helps there, but like I said, the sound's coming into the game without a problem it's just the detection software's bugging out with the higher notes for some reason. The b string likewise works fine until I start hitting frets 12 and up.

e: Just to add, I'm not the only person with these problems according to the ubisoft forums. All I can really do is hope there are a few patches to fix some of the software bugginess.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Enjoying the AiC DLC, still kinda disappointed they went the safe route with song choices. I would've likes to see "Down in a Hole" "Rooster" "Heaven Beside You" or anything from Jar of Flies. But I understand they gotta go with what sells.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I've noticed the same thing with high e. When going through the tuner check, I'll usually have to hit the high e a second time before it registers and lets me past.

Weird thing is I wasn't having the issue the other day as far as I could tell. But today, when playing the String Skip Saloon or whatever, it screwed me a couple times.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ugh. So, my pickup select switch was going out on my epiphone. Got a new one to put in. Looked at the wiring that was done on my guitar...... fuck why do I have to work with electronics. I'm about to start the process of rewiring my whole guitar. Gonna put in new tone and volume pots as well. And, of course, if I'm going to do this right, the switch I got doesn't have the gold hardware. So I need another switch, or it's going to bother me. This should be fun.

If you have OCD, do not look at the wiring in your guitar. Trust me.
    *edit*

Well, looks like my guitar is getting a complete overhaul. What started as me replacing a switch, has me gutting the electronics. Just ordered 4 500k CTS pots, 2 Paper oil caps (one .022 one .015), and new jacks.

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Wiring-Upgrade-Gibson®-Paul®/dp/B00D5FZDGS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384422031&sr=8-3&keywords=les+paul+wiring+harness

So, besides the pickups, all the electronics will be upgraded.

*edit 2*
    1471813_10202251287226538_1283699778_n.jpg
    Why not include a picture of the wiring? I'm surprised this passed inspection. Took me awhile to try and figure out if it's wired right, and honestly, I don't think the caps are. They appear to be in parellel to the signal instead of in series. Basically, They look like they're being bypassed.

EDIT 3

Also what I"m doing
    I'm going from this
    http://bcsguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SLPK-1a.pdf
    (cant link as image)

To this 50's style wiring
    Vintage-Les-Paul-VLPK-1.jpg

:D

And I may switch to true independant controls on the tone/volume, not sure.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I've been considering giving my guitar a once over, getting the busted kill switch replaced with a button rather than a toggle select, would make it a lot easier to use and it'd be a lot more durable... But then I think I've never seen Morello or anyone else kill switching with a button and maybe there's a reason for that...

Also my fretboard is filthy and the strings are pushing 2 years (Elixir! Built to last!) so it could do with a tune up. I should treat my one and only electric guitar better than I do. :p

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    Oh fuck, guys, I'm in some serious trouble. Went down to the local mom & pop guitar shop on my lunch break to idly browse and there it was. The most goddamn beautiful Fender Bass VI* I've ever seen. Instant gear acquisition syndrome, as bad as I've ever had it. It costs about $900 more than I was planning on spending on a bass guitar and fuck man Rocksmith 2014 doesn't even support 6 string bass but I want it I want it I want it I want it! :(

I want one of those really bad as well. They do make a Squier version that is substantially cheaper, but they are pretty much out of stock everywhere.

Check it out on Fender's site.

• Options
    BelgarionBelgarion Registered User regular
    I tried to buy the Blink-182 pack from the original Rocksmith release and I wasn't able to do so because I don't own the original. Now, I already knew that I couldn't but decided to try anyhow... I REALLY want to learn those songs, so, if I buy Rocksmith do I need to have it installed in order to use the songs in Rocksmith 2014 or can I install Rocksmith, import all the songs and then uninstall it?

• Options
    BelgarionBelgarion Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    MT

Belgarion on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Tommatt, that's not the worse thing I've seen. I replaced the electronics in one of my B.C. Rich guitars awhile back. It was the first time I had done anything like this. I thought something was weird about the wiring diagram. I looked at it and though "wait, isn't that just going to ground the whole thing and then produce no sound?" Since I'm not an expert though, I wired it up like the diagram told me, and sure enough no sound. Had my father come over, and I showed him where I thought the problem was and he asked me why I did it that way. Showed him the schematic and he laughed. Yep, someone had a ground loop in there for some reason. I severed the connection and what do you know, the thing has worked perfectly ever since. I like that a lot of companies have switched over to quick connects. It made doing the other guitars significantly easier.

• Options
    RedDawn wrote: »

I want one of those really bad as well. They do make a Squier version that is substantially cheaper, but they are pretty much out of stock everywhere.

Check it out on Fender's site.

Yeah, on a rational level I know that I do not need a 6-string bass and that it's a very impractical instrument and etc. but oh man do I want one bad.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Depends on what you want to do with the 6-string. My buddy uses his 5- and 6-string bases all the time in his band and it is really great. For RS2014, yeah it's not so helpful. But if you want to play in a band, then it could be really helpful.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    It's particularly impractical because the instrument is 30.5" scale, which makes the strings a little too close together to do "bass" things on it, and not quite compact enough to do "guitar" things on it.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I've been considering giving my guitar a once over, getting the busted kill switch replaced with a button rather than a toggle select, would make it a lot easier to use and it'd be a lot more durable... But then I think I've never seen Morello or anyone else kill switching with a button and maybe there's a reason for that...

Also my fretboard is filthy and the strings are pushing 2 years (Elixir! Built to last!) so it could do with a tune up. I should treat my one and only electric guitar better than I do. :p

I was originally gonna have a professional set up done, but they've gone up considerably in price it seems. And after watching a few videos, all they do is stuff I normally do, and a few simple things to set intonation and such for my guitar (LP's are pretty easy to adjust) so I decided to spend the money upgrading the electronics personally. I'm upgrading to what people who buy gibsons put in lol. And hell, the switch GC sold me was $25. Returning that today, and get to replace all the electronics for double the price of a switch not bad.

Even with elixir strings those are probably in pretty bad shape, and your fretboard is probably pretty dirty. I'm on my phone but ill link a quick video on cleaning it. This guy takes a 69 les Paul and has it looking new. He actually tapes off the fretboard and runs really fine micro fiber sand paper over the fret wires and it makes them look brand new. But basically your going to want to remove the strings and give it a good once over with some cleaner. You might be surprised how much gunk builds up on the frets.

Also, unless you need a trust rod adjustment, all the parts of a set up are pretty basic and easy to do yourself. The neck is the only scary thing to adjust.

*edit*
    video on cleaning. Long, he doesn't edit out him taping the fretboard. Skip around, some good info here, especially for the fret wires.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JskFilSJnI

Set up stuff
    I haven't been able to watch this whole video but looks good. It was glitching yesterday onme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYO23rGO_7M
    Quick and basic neck stuf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8zLvlJnzg

And if you want to learn absolutely nothing, but hear a legend talk about it and go through it, here is Joe Walsh doing a class. Pretty entertaining, and cool to watch, but he's not a great teacher.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKTXTWbI4FU

*EDIT*
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Tommatt, that's not the worse thing I've seen. I replaced the electronics in one of my B.C. Rich guitars awhile back. It was the first time I had done anything like this. I thought something was weird about the wiring diagram. I looked at it and though "wait, isn't that just going to ground the whole thing and then produce no sound?" Since I'm not an expert though, I wired it up like the diagram told me, and sure enough no sound. Had my father come over, and I showed him where I thought the problem was and he asked me why I did it that way. Showed him the schematic and he laughed. Yep, someone had a ground loop in there for some reason. I severed the connection and what do you know, the thing has worked perfectly ever since. I like that a lot of companies have switched over to quick connects. It made doing the other guitars significantly easier.

Ya, it could be a lot worse. I work with electronics for a living (Class 3 solder work, which means human life is at stake, so the highest standard) so seeing this actually physically pained me. Electronic work should be clean and clear. You should be able to trace out lines if space ins't a constraing, and solder joints should be nice and clean. Plus, I don't know about the wires. No shielding on some, low gauge, and you have like an inch of instulation stripped before solder joints. I should have my replacement wire harness and hardware tomorrow (upgrading to what people have buy gibsons upgrade too :D ) so at the very least I'll have peace of mind. I think it should really improve the sound as well, we'll see. If nothing else, I'll think it did :D

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Belgarion wrote: »
    I tried to buy the Blink-182 pack from the original Rocksmith release and I wasn't able to do so because I don't own the original. Now, I already knew that I couldn't but decided to try anyhow... I REALLY want to learn those songs, so, if I buy Rocksmith do I need to have it installed in order to use the songs in Rocksmith 2014 or can I install Rocksmith, import all the songs and then uninstall it?

There's a $10 transfer fee, and most of the songs transfer over. I'm not sure on the exact number and what was lost. Evidently it needs to be installed to your HD for it to recognize it, or somthing. I owned RS1, and thought it didn't need it cause it never asked, but evidently it saw my install disk or something.

Also, while future releases are 2014 only, and I can see that making sense, taking down the original RS store makes no sense. I can't believe they wouldn't let you spend money if you only own the original RS.

• Options

There's a $10 transfer fee, and most of the songs transfer over. I'm not sure on the exact number and what was lost. Evidently it needs to be installed to your HD for it to recognize it, or somthing. I owned RS1, and thought it didn't need it cause it never asked, but evidently it saw my install disk or something.

Also, while future releases are 2014 only, and I can see that making sense, taking down the original RS store makes no sense. I can't believe they wouldn't let you spend money if you only own the original RS.

i noticed that the other day... it was weird. so does the transfer include RS1 dlc? or just base game

• Options
    http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/faq/
    Will I be able to use DLC from the original Rocksmith with Rocksmith 2014 Edition?

Yes, you will. Your previous DLC purchases will be transferable without any sort of re-payment, as long as you’re moving them on the same platform (i.e., trying to move your original Rocksmith DLC you got on your Xbox 360 console to a copy of Rocksmith 2014 Edition on PlayStation®3 system will not work). This means that Rocksmith 2014 Edition will see new DLC releases in addition to the vast library already established with the original Rocksmith.

What about the on-disc songs from the original Rocksmith? Can I play those?

Yes! If you still own the original Rocksmith, you will be able to import 52 of the original songs into the new Rocksmith 2014 Edition for a one-time music label relicensing fee of $9.99. As part of this process, all these songs will be updated with the new tunings, techniques, tones, and other enhancements new to 2014 Edition. These 52 songs include everything except Eric Clapton "Run Back To Your Side" and Cream "Sunshine of Your Love" from the main disc tracks, plus 3 of the 5 unlockable bonus songs. To do this process, you will be prompted inside the main menu the first time you launch, or you can access it from the SHOP as the "Song Import" pack.

• Options

@Bolthorn
    Another strange guitar electrical story. When I was going through school in Illinois for the navy (studying electronics no doubt. In solid state theory) my guitar was somehow picking up radio stations and I could hear them through the amp. Think it was the local rock station with man cow, but it was a radio signal. My teachter told me it was impossible, but it was doing it! I don't think I"ve played it since then, and it's torn apart, but maybe I should see if it still does that.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok rock gods I need your help.

Man in the Box - when you start doing the 3/5 3/7 shuffle part when he's sing "Won't you come and save me"... there are X's on the 3/5 and the 3/7 and then there is the blue chord bar thing with a big X on it.... is the x's on the individual 3/5 chord a palm mute? and then the big X following up a fret hand mute? I'm confused!!! Oh I did figure out how to do the 3 to 7 stretch by using the 3/5 with 1st finger and 2nd finger instead of 1st and 3rd like normal, that way I can stretch my pinky down to the 7th easily. Or am I supposed to be able to stretch my pinky that far normally and just need to stretch further?

edit: Nevermind, I can stretch my pinky after some work on it.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    So I fire up RS2014, play a couple of songs, then launch endless play. My first selection (which I've never actually played before): Satch Boogie. Followed closely by The Trooper (which I've also never played before). Why do you hate me, Rocksmith?

• Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular

I believe there is an issue right now with Steam that is preventing people that only have RS 2014 from purchasing the DLC from the original RS, even though the original DLC is compatible with 2014. Steam currently only lets companies assign DLC to one title, so all of the original DLC is still tied to the original Rocksmith. They are working on a fix for this, but no ETA yet.

Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Man in the Box - when you start doing the 3/5 3/7 shuffle part when he's sing "Won't you come and save me"... there are X's on the 3/5 and the 3/7 and then there is the blue chord bar thing with a big X on it.... is the x's on the individual 3/5 chord a palm mute? and then the big X following up a fret hand mute? I'm confused!!! Oh I did figure out how to do the 3 to 7 stretch by using the 3/5 with 1st finger and 2nd finger instead of 1st and 3rd like normal, that way I can stretch my pinky down to the 7th easily. Or am I supposed to be able to stretch my pinky that far normally and just need to stretch further?

I'll try to find a YouTube video or a tab of the song but those sound like palm mutes to me with how you're describing them. The blue string sounds like it could be a palm mute or a mute. True mutes are usually in between a chord change.

Also, again just going by what in reading will have to look up a video (at work) but is it possible it's shows a arppegiated chord? These really confuse me in the interface, as it shows the whe chord and chord name, and it makes sense why, but just the notes you're suppose to pick. It really confuses my brain. Is it something like that, where the UI is just causing you to get confused.

• Options
    edited November 2013

I'll try to find a YouTube video or a tab of the song but those sound like palm mutes to me with how you're describing them. The blue string sounds like it could be a palm mute or a mute. True mutes are usually in between a chord change.

Also, again just going by what in reading will have to look up a video (at work) but is it possible it's shows a arppegiated chord? These really confuse me in the interface, as it shows the whe chord and chord name, and it makes sense why, but just the notes you're suppose to pick. It really confuses my brain. Is it something like that, where the UI is just causing you to get confused.

they're mutes of some sort.. I'm starting to think it shows it as a Palm mute, then as it's just repeat of the same thing but in a different rhythm it shows it as full X instead of 3(x)/5(x)? I should just screen shot them.

Edit: While goofing around in Nickleback - Rockstar ... I was told to practice Frethand muting.. and those were the ones that were giving me fits in both songs....so Palm Mute gives the chunka chunka metal sound, and Frethand Mute gives the clicky clicky sound... I just can't seem to get them in Rhythm!!!

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hooray, got the 10 hours in learn a song achievement

also, tried out my cheapest guitar (An SX Vintage Series strat knockoff with GFS pickups... total cost probably around $140 and it came with a carrying bag) in the game -- actually doesn't work too bad, very buzzy on high gain tones though.

Hmm, actually. I had forgotten how nice this SX was for the price. Maybe I'll hit them up for a bass too. This thing is just the right mix of horrifying and amazing for me, and comes in at $150.

ursa4rnpbu1.jpg

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular

@Bolthorn
    Another strange guitar electrical story. When I was going through school in Illinois for the navy (studying electronics no doubt. In solid state theory) my guitar was somehow picking up radio stations and I could hear them through the amp. Think it was the local rock station with man cow, but it was a radio signal. My teachter told me it was impossible, but it was doing it! I don't think I"ve played it since then, and it's torn apart, but maybe I should see if it still does that.

Was it just that guitar regardless of amp? I've picked up AM signals before on a particular amp in a particular position, but it has never been guitar specific. It's usually caused by some sort of bad wiring. You probably know more about it than I do. We found it ironic that the station coming through was a super religious radio program considering the band at the time. We sampled it and put it in the background of one of our songs. You don't notice it unless you know it's there though. The worst is when your playing a show and some radio station comes in through their PA system. Basically lets me know, okay, so this massively powerful system powered by electricity isn't grounded properly. Wonderful.

Also, everyone stop talking about basses, you're going to make me end up buying a bass. Sold the really nice one I had to an actual bass player because I felt that owning it myself and never playing it was a waste.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

@Bolthorn

My first bass did that too with my bass combo amp. I still have that amp and none of my other basses can reproduce.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    My new toy is on the right. DBZ Royale in amber tobacco burst. So far it plays great. Feels really high quality (but I only paid $289 for it).

10873421373_2c5d117851_c.jpg

• Options
    Rocksmith 2014: Making you buy new instruments since 2014

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Rocksmith 2014: Making you buy new instruments since 2014

No shit. The guitar on the left is an older Jay Turser that I got for a song about six years ago, so I was due. The tuners are pretty bad, the electronics are garbage, but it still plays well (and it's a damn beautiful semi-hollowbody guitar). I'm probably going to ditch my Fender acoustic/electric at some point just because I don't use it.

The DBZ is so thin. I realized they were thin, but these things somehow keep a good tone when you're not plugged in with like an inch thick guitar. Pretty amazing.

badpoet on
  • Options
    badpoet wrote: »
    My new toy is on the right. DBZ Royale in amber tobacco burst. So far it plays great. Feels really high quality (but I only paid $289 for it).

10873421373_2c5d117851_c.jpg

You never know what your gonna get In a guitar till you play it. I was out of town for work one time and walked into a music store. They had this cheap, beautiful wine red acoustic. Play it, thing plays amazing. I look at the tuners, high quality name brand. Stand alone prove about 80% of the guitar price, ya it's on my wall :)

• Options

You never know what your gonna get In a guitar till you play it. I was out of town for work one time and walked into a music store. They had this cheap, beautiful wine red acoustic. Play it, thing plays amazing. I look at the tuners, high quality name brand. Stand alone prove about 80% of the guitar price, ya it's on my wall :)

Ages ago I played an Aria (really cheap brand) semi-hollowbody in a music store in Houghton, Michigan (I was visiting some friends and stopped by their guitar store). That thing had the most awesome neck I've ever played on (It was thin, but really really elegant). But, I was short on cash at the time so I skipped it. Always regretted it.

I took a chance on the DBZ, figuring if I didn't like it I'd just ship it back. I've never bought a guitar over the Internet before, I've always just stumbled onto stuff like you did with that acoustic.

• Options
    I don't want to be picky, because rocksmith is a big part of me playing again, but come on dudes... 90 degree cable. Make it happen

• Options
    I don't want to be picky, because rocksmith is a big part of me playing again, but come on dudes... 90 degree cable. Make it happen

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Switchcraft/226/?qs=IF7nv7MIRJ2fQiiPH1E/aA==&gclid=CKKf6trY57oCFaZcMgodzn8AfQ

I'm sure that or something similar would work for you. Personally, I'm not a fan of 90 degree adapters, most of the ones I've had have ended up failing.

• Options
    I didn't manage to sell my Squier, so now I'm back to wondering whether I ought to try to trade it in.

Want that tele want that tele want that tele.

• Options
    I didn't manage to sell my Squier, so now I'm back to wondering whether I ought to try to trade it in.

Worst case scenario - upgrade what you can on the Squier. Rewire the electronics, put new Tuners on it, better Pickups, etc... they can always be transferred to another guitar in the future.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options

Worst case scenario - upgrade what you can on the Squier. Rewire the electronics, put new Tuners on it, better Pickups, etc... they can always be transferred to another guitar in the future.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not capable enough to do this on my own. For example: I don't even know if the upgrades I'd put on the Squier would work in a tele, which is what I'd want eventually. Then there's the fact that I don't actually know how to solder, etc.