As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue DealerRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Games and Technology
PRE-SEQUEL AWESOMENESS:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6hrOBFndI

Borderlands 2 is here!

http://youtu.be/ERe3wZdIAtc

http://youtu.be/oUu-FzRFYZA

http://youtu.be/nicvyhrmTDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8GbEvsk3_8

And now, standing on the shoulders of giants,

Borderlands
thread nineteen!

(eighteen seventeen sixteen fifteen fourteen thirteen twelve eleven ten nine eight seven six five four three two one)

borderlands-2-wimoweh-trailer-1.jpg

Four SIX new classes:
Salvador the Gunzerker -- Dual wields guns (any guns) Salvador's Skills
Maya the Siren -- Phaselock for crowd control, healing, damage Maya's Skills
Axton the Soldier Guy -- Snazzy turret Axton's Skills (Note: Do or Die is a 1 point skill, not 5.)
Zero the Loner -- Sword, sniper, sneaky Zer0's Skills
Gaige the Mechromancer -- Hulking robot summon, ponies Gaige's Skills
Krieg the Psycho -- BURNING HULKING RAGE ALL THE DAMN TIME Krieg's Skills

How about some gameplay from PAX (August 2012)?

http://youtu.be/BABlz-st7Pk

What else?

It's Steamworks. Very nice.

The original Vault Hunters are all be in game as NPCs, including a 'live' Lilith.

There's a dashing bad guy, Handsome Jack, who has taken over the Hyperion Corporation and built himself a moon base from which he can shoot down robot reinforcements.

Gun manufacturers are way more significant in the new game. Bandit weapons have huge magazines. When you reload a Tediore weapon you chuck it like a grenade and it explodes (the rocket launchers actually shoot a rocket). Maliwan is sexy and elemental. Vladoff weapons have insane fire rates. Jakobs guns fire as fast as you can click/pull the trigger. Torgue guns? EXPLOSIONS! Etc. Non-gun loot (grenades, mods, artifacts, skins, heads, etc.) is also be randomized and way more diverse than BL1. Grenades that create a mob-sucking singularity before exploding in corrosive acid and also giving transfusion health? Yes please!

Main game bank for storing items and transferring items between characters.

New currency: eridium. Can be used to buy inventory, ammo and bank upgrades on the black market.

Lots of new bad guys - mobs and bosses - including some that will evolve Pokemon style into much more dangerous forms if you don't kill them quickly.

Character skins and heads:
gaming_borderlands_2_screenshot_7.jpg

New element: slag! Slagged enemies are more susceptible to damage.

You can move while in Fight For Your Life mode - yay!

New end game raid boss -- Terramorphous the Invincible -- supposed to make Crawmerax look like a sea monkey.

Gearbox has committed to 4 DLC, along the lines of Knoxx in scope they say, by June of 2013. Price is $10 each (or comparable) and there is a season pass to get all 4 for $30.

And, oh yes, midgets on shields...

NON-EXPIRING LIST OF SHIFT CODES

RxI0N.png
Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
curly haired boy on

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So I guess dont do Hammerlock dlc on Zer0 due to silly goose witchdoctors?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Also. What is up with the Savage Warriors in hammerlock? I can't find a crit spot to save my life.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    So I hear there's a fence, right? And it doesn't have a fence on it. That's what I heard anyway. Don't know if its true or not.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh hey I have this game. Haven't gotten above Level 20 on anyone yet but I've only played solo so far. Multiplayer would be fun.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Hammerlock is kind of full of that kind of silly goosery.

I wouldn't mind a D3 2.0-style pass over the game to fix a lot of the game's goosery.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I made it to the final hammerlock boss as Zer0. Mainly by ghosting through the final climb. Gave up after a week. I never did beat it. Been thinking of going back as Krieg.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hammerlock final boss is a joke.

Now the second-to-final boss...

Go TORGUE.
    (And funnily enough, my phone auto capped TORGUE.)
    Because normal bullets literally bounce off it so you need explosions.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Mr. Torgue was an odd character at first.

It took some time to get used to the idea of one of the heads of the big weapon manufacturers being friendly and not actively trying to destroy me and everything I hold dear like Atlas and Hyperion.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Hammerlock final boss is a joke.

Now the second-to-final boss...

Go TORGUE.
    (And funnily enough, my phone auto capped TORGUE.)
    Because normal bullets literally bounce off it so you need explosions.

Final of Torgue is actually better with Zer0 and B0re

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    "DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLSH*T, BUY TORGUE!"

I never use those guns but he makes me want to.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Torgue's definitely a interesting bird.

Especially when it was revealed that
    he's actually a inventor, and came up with the whole "exploding gyrojet-shooting guns" tech.

The Kerblaster? His work.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Mr. Torgue was an odd character at first.

It took some time to get used to the idea of one of the heads of the big weapon manufacturers being friendly and not actively trying to destroy me and everything I hold dear like Atlas and Hyperion.
    that's because he's on your side

and that side is EXPLOSIONS

i'm the guy who fires torgue guns at nothing just to see them :)

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    The inability to visit the hyperion moon still bugs me, but I never even finished Tina because.... reasons.. the internet... global warming.... UVHM... sharks,,, polar vortexes... maps

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

Hammerlock is kind of full of that kind of silly goosery.

I wouldn't mind a D3 2.0-style pass over the game to fix a lot of the game's goosery.

Finally beginning to get a feel for this dlc. I don't think I will finish though. I'll go til I get too frustrated then I'm going to start tvhm.

Btw, I'm not screwing myself by leveling too much in normal am I? By what level should I absolutely bse starting tvhm?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Any level you want. I think TVHM starts at mid-to high 30s, so you're probably overlevelled already.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I notice people talk about getting specific rewards, like an Evisceration Rubi. Given that the item is rolled randomly, is there some sort of trick to re-roll or otherwise re-select til you get the reward that you want?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I notice people talk about getting specific rewards, like an Evisceration Rubi. Given that the item is rolled randomly, is there some sort of trick to re-roll or otherwise re-select til you get the reward that you want?
    Just quit out before accepting the reward. You'll have to alt-f4 out and then load it up again.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    I'm on XBOX. Would a return to dashboard work?

• Options
    Probably. Or unplugging it.

I'm not hard core enough to actually care though.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Most of the time I wouldn't be either. But if it's a quest reward I have only one chance at per playthrough, I would definitely want an optimal version of the reward.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, dashboard before you accept the quest reward. It should load you back to your last save, which would be before you turned in the quest.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    If I purchase the DLC Season Pass would that get me everything including the extra characters and skins?

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I'm on XBOX. Would a return to dashboard work?
    simply logging out is slightly faster

you might want to turn off the thingie that alerts your friends when you sign in though

it's gonna take a while

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    If I purchase the DLC Season Pass would that get me everything including the extra characters and skins?

Nope. The season pass gives you:
    Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
    Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
    Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
    Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZeroCow wrote: »

Four campaign DLCs (Scarrlet, TORGUE, Hammerlock, Tiny Tina) and the first upgrade pack (+11 levels).

Characters, second upgrade pack (+11 more levels, new area), skins, and Headhunter/Holiday DLC packs are not included.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Got Bulwark to drop the Rough Rider last night with Zer0. Might give it to Krieg.

Beat Warrior on Krieg last night, got to level 31 and started Tiny Tina DLC before going to bed. I lol'd hard at the vending machine telling me "the night is dark, and full of treasures".

Gonna try to finish TT on normal with Krieg before I start up on TVHM. Also, Silence the Voices hurts like a bitch.

• Options
    Got Bulwark to drop the Rough Rider last night with Zer0. Might give it to Krieg.

Beat Warrior on Krieg last night, got to level 31 and started Tiny Tina DLC before going to bed. I lol'd hard at the vending machine telling me "the night is dark, and full of treasures".

Gonna try to finish TT on normal with Krieg before I start up on TVHM. Also, Silence the Voices hurts like a bitch.

Silence the Voices is the best. I run with it cranked up to 11 via mod. Damage increases, but chance of hitting yourself doesn't. It does 550% melee bonus, but remains only 12% chance of self inflicted damage. Combo it was Thrill of the Kill and/or a Grog nozzle and you can become fairly unstoppable.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Oh I know it's good. Still hurts though lol.

I'm kinda scared to see what will happen when I pair it with a Rough Rider at 34. Having it combo with a permanent Empty the Rage gives me the willies.

Obligatory MEAT!!!

• Options
    Fun fact* sawblades on bandit techs count as melee attacks and get all melee bonuses.

*from what I've seen, I could be wrong

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Fun fact* sawblades on bandit techs count as melee attacks and get all melee bonuses.

*from what I've seen, I could be wrong
    Seems to be true.

Get the roid splosion every time I use it.

• Options
    ragnarok7331ragnarok7331 Registered User regular
    I've just hit level 50 with my Siren and am looking for more people to multiplayer with. Is there a PA Borderlands group that I could join?

• Options
    Is Wangs without Borders still a thing? It's not in the OP...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    It is indeed. Link your steam profile. (If it's in your sig I can't see it from mobile.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    It is indeed. Link your steam profile. (If it's in your sig I can't see it from mobile.)
    Can I get an invite to that too please?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008782877

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ragnarok7331ragnarok7331 Registered User regular
    Here's a link to my steam profile for a group invite: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961804887/

• Options
    Mines in my signature.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mine's in my signature. Would love to run around Pandora with you all.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    about WWB... there might need to be some effort to update it if possible from one of the admins *looks at iolo and Curly*

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Man, the Tiny Tina DLC is really awesome. Also, Swordsplosions rule.

Additional Krieg Comments: Rough Rider + Damage Reduction/Resist Relic means StV isn't as much of a threat to me anymore. Not sure if I like the Bloodlust tree and how it interacts with Mania. RtB is the truth.

Question, does the self-damage Krieg takes from Hellborn tree self-ignition proc Salt the Wound?

Hiryu02 on
This discussion has been closed.