As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Come on Bedlam you don't feel inspired to go fight crime, dressed as the thing you yourself fear?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    3108GTY.jpg

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Aw man let the sawfish go he's on his way to work! At a construction site. Underwater. He's the foreman!

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Did everyone else immediately look up sawfish on wiki, or just me? Turns out they're actually a type of ray!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    For a while I was having dreams where someone was coming to kill me. But they were using my dreams to infiltrate and kill me from within.
    I would have a dream that I'd had before, maybe once, maybe several times, but I always recognized them. The events would play out the same as I remembered from before, but then at some point they would deviate. Two people would show up, usually a man and a woman, but beyond that their appearances could vary greatly, but I always knew they were the same two people (in that way you just know some things in dreams). They would tell me that someone had sent them - same name every time but I never woke up able to remember what it was - and that they were going to kill me. And somehow I understood each time that it was someone on the outside, in the real world, who was sending these assassins into my head.

As soon as they appeared, everything else would stop. Other people in my dream would stop what they were doing and just stand there looking vaguely confused, like there was a script to things and now that we'd left the plan they didn't know what they were supposed to do next. As soon as I realized the danger and started running, the people and the geography would move around to try to block the assassins, or actively fight them, but it never held for long. They would get free and start gaining on me, and I had no choice but to keep running until I could wake up.

This happened 4 or 5 nights over a couple of weeks. Eventually I decided the next time I was going to be ready and I tried to mentally prepare myself to stand my ground. But it didn't happen again and hasn't since.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Aw man let the sawfish go he's on his way to work! At a construction site. Underwater. He's the foreman!

Oh so all sawfish are construction workers?

My uncles a sawfish and he's a banker.

Racist....

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Oh so all sawfish are construction workers?

My uncles a sawfish and he's a banker.

Racist....

He wasn't saying ALL sawfish are construction workers!

He just knew that guy.

He's part of a really well respected firm, too.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Come on Bedlam you don't feel inspired to go fight crime, dressed as the thing you yourself fear?
    Well Im poor and my parents are still alive.

But maybe one day the time for Home Invading Critter Man will be right.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    EDIT: I hate

Seriously on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    EDIT: both these posts

Seriously on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    The Basilisk awaits on the other side of the door.

Let him in.

Man, I did one time.

I got super stoned.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yk06Y.png

• Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    That is legit the funniest thing I have seen for like four days.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    In hindsight, Susan's face zipper probably should have raised a few red flags

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    or how the two halves don't really match up to a whole face.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Why do all these adds tell me to meet people that I really don't want to meet. Stop introducing me to weird people PSA!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    yk06Y.png

The Spice Girls must flow.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    yk06Y.png

Why is Aaron Paul doing stupid PSAs?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    You asked for it Dee-Dubs

http://youtu.be/2B6jgkcANRE

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    yk06Y.png

The Spice Girls must flow.

SP-18281.jpg?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    now THAT is Scary!

(and Posh and Baby and Ginger and Sporty)

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    For the sake of accuracy...
    a2ARsfy.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Emma B was always my favourite, I have a weakness for blondes.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    For the sake of accuracy...
    notquotingthisforthe5thtime.jpg

I can't tell if you did anything to the image.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Quotation marks

• Options
    Huh. Subtle.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Wasn't that a joke on family guy? Two pedos posing as children meet at a playground and become best friends?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Quotation marks

Chris Hansen-style quotation marks.

• Options
    Wasn't that a joke on family guy? Two pedos posing as children meet at a playground and become best friends?

I don't know if Family Guy did it, but regardless Monkey Dust beat them to the punch. And it was glorious.

I miss Monkey Dust.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Am I right in assuming that Monkey Dust was a strictly British thing? I too miss it with great gusto.

MR HOPPY!

• Options
    I believe so. The really sad thing is that Series 2 and 3 have never properly been available since transmission, and are unlikely to be due to combination of music licensing and the death of one it's creators.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Guys. Guys why can't I just search genres on my netflix on the ps3

I just wanna look for a horror movie I haven't seen yet

And yet

Here I am

Watching vhs 2 again

Because I can't find anything to watch.

I guess I still haven't seen rosemary's baby, maybe I should finally check that out

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    If you go to the PC interface, you can add them to your list and they show up on the PS3.

It's a meh solution, but there you are.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I had an interesting discussion with a coworker at the end of the day today. He's the newest hire to the group, been about 8 months or so since he started. He and his family (wife, one 3.5yr old son) were renting a little place at first, but in March they moved to a permanent new house. It's an old house, relatively speaking, at least 100 years old. That's pretty old for this part of the USA.

He said that his son has been waking up at night and coming into their room in a panic, claiming that he has seen monsters. There's a doorway that hides a set of stair to the attic in the son's room, and that was where the son was saying the monsters were coming from. Pretty standard nightmare stuff for a kid. Wake up from a nightmare in a dark room and think you see a monster.

This happened a few times, and then the son started to say he was seeing a man in his room. The monsters were no longer there, just the man. Shortly after that, my coworker was in the bathroom and he swears that a hanger on a rack in the bathroom began moving by itself. Now my coworker has an engineering background, and he is well aware that a draft in an old house or any number of other factors could cause a coat hanger to move. He still generally believes it was a draft or something, but he also said it was odd because there are no windows or vents in the bathroom. The hanger also moved longer than he thought it would, but that could be easily explained.

Then the son said he saw the man in their upstairs hallway. The son had not been sleeping and it was not the middle of the night. My coworker and his wife checked the hallway, but of course there was nothing there. Three nights this week their son has woken up and said that the man was there. One of those nights he was sleeping in their room and said that the man had woken him up.

Now, I'm sure the kid is dreaming or just being an imaginative toddler, but it sure is a spooky chain of events.

• Options
    GET OUT!!!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    You have to call the ghost out and challenge him to feats of strength.

• Options
    That house needs the immediate attention of @timspork's ghost and @TankHammer.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Its a squatter.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    If a kid start seeing a man call the cops and set up some nanny cams

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.