Options

Dragon Age Thread - Qunari with Fancy Hats

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Mike Laidlaw did say that DA3 will have more romances than any Bioware game before it.

So I inferred that would mean a good deal of non-party members in the mix.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    No joke, I'm super duper excited for this game.

The only other game I'd be nearly this excited for is Red Dead Redemption 2.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know...they should just go old school RPG and if Hawke/Warden make an appearance in the game just have one section where you all find yourself temporarily grouped together and just wreck shit.

Heh, the asshole part of me wants Bioware to force the player to have to kill hawke and warden.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's one way to make people not play the game.

• Options
    I know we have new players, so spoiler for them regarding a particular outcome of DA:O.
    Well, My Canon Warden is dead already, so unless you're digging up his corpse....

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Mine's alive and has a kid.

Good luck resolving all that shit, Bioware.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    With regards to the advisors, I believe it was Gamespot's(or IGN's) look at the gameplay footage where Bioware clarified what they're doing with the 'advisors' like Leliana.

So you can send advisors out on missions, and you can choose from your roster of advisors for each mission. So the mission demo'd has Leliana being tortured by mages and puts her pretty firmly in the anti-mage camp, but you could potentially send another advisor that might have better results. It sounds interesting!

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    With regards to the advisors, I believe it was Gamespot's(or IGN's) look at the gameplay footage where Bioware clarified what they're doing with the 'advisors' like Leliana.

So you can send advisors out on missions, and you can choose from your roster of advisors for each mission. So the mission demo'd has Leliana being tortured by mages and puts her pretty firmly in the anti-mage camp, but you could potentially send another advisor that might have better results. It sounds interesting!
    Neat.

Now I'm hoping even more that Morrigan is one of them.

Just walk into a room with blood splattered all over the walls.

"It was like that when I got here."

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Do I need a DA:O save for import to DA2 or can I just leave it to the default settings? I kinda...don't want to replay DA:O a third time just to get everything the way I want it.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Do I need a DA:O save for import to DA2 or can I just leave it to the default settings? I kinda...don't want to replay DA:O a third time just to get everything the way I want it.

DA2 has a couple of defaults you can pick from and really your import does very very little to impact the game. I wouldn't sweat it.

Or use http://social.bioware.com/project/4242/ to pick your savegame choices, this one is really useful.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Mike Laidlaw did say that DA3 will have more romances than any Bioware game before it.

So I inferred that would mean a good deal of non-party members in the mix.

More than any Dragon Age game, he clarified. So, more than 4. I thought I heard 6 somewhere but I can't substantiate that so...more than 4.

Anyway, yeah, I figure Cullen is the templar representative, Leliana is a chantry representative, and blue-and-gold is...Orlesian nobility? I'd say mages but Vivienne is there, although Viv is apparently not officially First Enchanter, so maybe mages is likely for our mystery lady.

Plus at the end of this trailer, Cullen, Leliana, and blue-and-gold are standing together the furthest back in the group shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh77xvlDSTI

(This is Traynor's voice as inquisitor.)

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The more I hear about this game the more ambitious it sounds.

I really hope they managed to hit their mark.

• Options
    You can choose between the mages and templar factions and piss off the other in the process, we know that. Don't think Vivienne is with either though. She supports the circle.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Morrigan seems like the most likely candidate for a mage representative.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Morrigan seems like the most likely candidate for a mage representative.
    I agree.

She might have something to do with Orlais though. They did set her up as being in their inner circle.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Leliana and Cullen are suppose to be agents, I think.

They don't join the party but they become a big part of the operation. I imagine Morrigan could fulfill a similar role.

(hopefully)

If by similar role you mean dead and brought back as a canon zombie....:twisted:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have a difficult time seeing Morrigan representing any group of people.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

Misanthropes?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Morrigan represents the "People named Morrigan who are also me" group.

It's a small group, but they have lofty ideals.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So, I've got a theory about who the main villain is going to be. Spoilers for lore stuff, and some stuff from DA2 and it's DLCs.
    Alright, in Elven mythology the Dread Wolf Fen'Harel sealed away the evil gods in the earth and the creator gods in the sky. Now, according to Corypheus in Legacy, the Golden City was already black and corrupted when they arrived. So what if the main power behind this whole thing is the Maker?

Also, unrelated to the Maker theory, but does anyone else have a nagging suspicion Kirkwall was where the Magisters entered the Black City? The whole place being one giant blood magic sigil really seems to me like a clue. Not to mention all the spirits and Fade rips and shit.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    If they ever reveal who the Maker is, I'll be surprised. Part of the initial idea behind Dragon Age was to never personalize gods, like in DnD.

The Maker is supposed to be more idea that might be real, instead of an actual person.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the major villain here is going to be
    Flemeth.

But we'll see, I suppose.

• Options
    Yeah, they said in the past that they didn't want to actually answer if the maker was real

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Quick question, where should I be putting stat points to make Aveline the best tank? Is boosting constitution a waste or should I put a couple of points in there occasionally?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Mine's alive and has a kid.

Good luck resolving all that shit, Bioware.

Yeah well, mine's...
    supposed to be raising her kid (Equal Love!) with Morrigan, who apparently abandoned our child!

am0n on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Some attacks stagger you. A staggered character can not use any skills. Con stops that from happening. I split Str/Con and threw in some Will on occasion so you could use skills and maintain your stances.

Assuran on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Quick question, where should I be putting stat points to make Aveline the best tank? Is boosting constitution a waste or should I put a couple of points in there occasionally?

It depends on if you patched the game. If you didn't patch the game, than its possible to get 100% resists and thus can never be damaged, so CON can be ignored. If the game is patched to at least 1.03, than you take a minimum of 5% damage from attacks that hit, so you need a little CON, but not much. DEX is your best defensive stat, since it will let Aveline evade attacks, and thus not take any damage. I would say go 2 DEX to 1 STR, and every 4 levels go 1 DEX, 1 STR, 1 CON for a Tank.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

It depends on if you patched the game. If you didn't patch the game, than its possible to get 100% resists and thus can never be damaged, so CON can be ignored. If the game is patched to at least 1.03, than you take a minimum of 5% damage from attacks that hit, so you need a little CON, but not much. DEX is your best defensive stat, since it will let Aveline evade attacks, and thus not take any damage. I would say go 2 DEX to 1 STR, and every 4 levels go 1 DEX, 1 STR, 1 CON for a Tank.

I have it downloaded through Origin so I'd expect it to be patched automatically. Thanks for the advice.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    AspectVoid wrote: »

I have it downloaded through Origin so I'd expect it to be patched automatically. Thanks for the advice.

I apologize! I made a mistake. Its actually Cunning that increases Defense (IE Evasion) not Dexterity. I just fired up the game to finally do a Mage Hawk playthrough. Dex gives Crit chance, Cunning gives Crit Damage and Defense, so in the above replace Dex with Cunning (and maybe toss a bit of Dex in there to increase your Crit chance).

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    (This is Traynor's voice as inquisitor.)
    Do we know how many voice tracks there are going to be? Just the standard male/female, or are there going to be more to account for the various races and origins?

• Options
    Pretty sure it's two voices per gender, regardless of race; one American and one British.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Awww I want a silly French voice.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So do you get to choose your voice or is it chosen for you?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    If I'm dalish though I got to get the sweet irish accent.

If not, I'm gonna be pissed. It's the only way I would accept being forced into a dalish origin instead of a city elf.

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    So do you get to choose your voice or is it chosen for you?

Choose, presumably.
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Awww I want a silly French voice.

SRIV voice port mod?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Would be pretty cool if you could make mods that replace the character voices.

Like somebody with way too much time on their hands recording all of the Inquisitor's lines as Kermit the frog.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I will side with Flemeth, damned be the consequences*!

Well, maybe.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I will side with Flemeth, damned be the consequences*!

Well, maybe.

"Inquisitor, you have a very important choice to make...you can side with Flemeth, and allow demons to overrun Thedas, destroying life as we know it, or you can aid Morrigan and --"
    "Flemeth."

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I beat the shit out of that old lady before, I can do it again.

The minute she starts talking in vague riddles, it'll be all too easy to get in the mood to do it.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do have to say whoever was in Biowares publicity department that let heroes of cosplay use their IP should be fired!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.