As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: In-App Purchases

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So Crossy Road.

WTF is up with that stupid, random eagle? I can't seem to understand what I'm doing that's triggering it. It just feels like it just occasionally shows up to shit on your game.

The eagle isn't random -- it comes when you take too long. The map scrolls slowly when you're not moving and if you pass a certain threshold at the bottom of the screen you get eagled.

That being the case, it'll also happen if you backtrack too far or when you're already falling behind.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Dragon Quest III went live last night.

I was checking the SE store page to see if they ever bothered to update TWEWY for iOS8 (they did not) and there was DQ III staring me in the face. This one is $10 and makes the jump to 16-bit.

Interesting story - A guy I work with runs a Dragon Quest fansite. 4th result when googling that phrase. He's pretty excited over all the recent releases.

• Options
    RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    You guys playing Crossy Roads... please add my to your GameCenter friends! "Rothgarr" or "TurgidWilly". Or give me your GameCenter name so I can add you, please!

• Options
    btw, i've only unlocked 17 of the Crossy Road characters. I keep getting doubles!

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    IGN's free game of the month is Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Includes iPhone and iPad versions.

btw, I'm restarting the Game Center profile list. So go add your info!

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    IGN's free game of the month is Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Includes iPhone and iPad versions.

I tried to add my details to the Game Center Profile list, and couldn't. Is it locked?

Also, anyone else waiting very impatiently for Tales From the Borderlands on the iPad?

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I tried to add my details to the Game Center Profile list, and couldn't. Is it locked?

Also, anyone else waiting very impatiently for Tales From the Borderlands on the iPad?

Might have been. I went back in and retoggled the public settings and it looks like it's working now.

I'm probably way, way late to the party on this, but I finally found out about Letterpress. Of course I'm addicted now. Need more people to destroy play with!

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Thinking about defriending someone on Gamecenter so I can be at the top of the Crossy Road leaderboard.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Downloaded 2 Cars, spent 30 seconds playing it, and uninstalled it. It seems like it's a really fun game in the vein of Super Hexagon and the like, but my internal wiring freaks out while trying to play it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up on Kingdom Rush Frontiers! I've been having a blast with that game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    It's the best game

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sleeping Prince is free so... I'm downloading it.

Anyone else playing Plunder Pirates? Its like Clash of Clans but so much prettier and with some interesting twists.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Heads up for Crossy Roads players: don't buy the piggy bank from the menu. One of my post-round pop-ups offered up the piggy bank at the normal $4 along with an extra 1000 coins. So of course I bought it. I actuality bought a couple other characters through the $1/250 coins offers, but I'm done with that now after buying the bank.

Also, the bank does double the coin amount from watching ads from 20 coins to 40.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rothgarr wrote: »

Anyone else playing Plunder Pirates? Its like Clash of Clans but so much prettier and with some interesting twists.

I plunder with pirates. I'm trying to accept your friends request in Game Center, iPad says no...

• Options
    Finally at the top of my friends list in Crossy Road. Blew my run with an errant tap :(.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    sorry for only posting off topic lately, but seriously

I'm still playing clickerheros

still clicking

I don't like whoever mentioned this thing

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options

I plunder with pirates. I'm trying to accept your friends request in Game Center, iPad says no...

I'm guessing it worked since I see you in Plunder Pirates. I started a guild and sent you an invite.

Anyone else Plundering?

• Options
    Finally at the top of my friends list in Crossy Road. Blew my run with an errant tap :(.

I sent you a Gamecenter invite. I'm curious what your Crossy score is...

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Hoplite is currently available for free for Dec 9 only.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Vainglory just had an update. New hero, matchmaking chat system when you start in a party, some balance changes.

http://www.vainglorygame.com/

Absolute blast of a game. Highly recommended.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    sorry for only posting off topic lately, but seriously

I'm still playing clickerheros

still clicking

I don't like whoever mentioned this thing

u7dkfu7.gif?1

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Vainglory just had an update. New hero, matchmaking chat system when you start in a party, some balance changes.

http://www.vainglorygame.com/

Absolute blast of a game. Highly recommended.

Did not know that was a phone game.

Shit.

• Options

Holy crap I didn't know they came this big
    DlrVL1A.png

Of course all but one of the characters was a duplicate. Now I have 32 of 53

Threes is on sale today. $1.99, which is 33.333333333333333333333333333% off. Insert math joke here.

• Options

Not seeing a friend request anywhere. Did you send it to "Bullio Marf" (sans "")?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    pslong9 wrote: »

Yes, it's part of a Pocket Gamer advent calendar promo. Every day until Christmas a new game goes free for 24 hours. On the 8th it was Shadow Blade, which also seems pretty good.

• Options

Not seeing a friend request anywhere. Did you send it to "Bullio Marf" (sans "")?

Weird! Yup, tried twice. Can you try sending an invite to "Rothgarr"?

• Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Just got my first iOS device about a week ago. I'm Mustafya in gamecenter and just sent out a couple of invites + added my name to the spreadsheet.

Right now I'm doing Clash of Clans, Injustice, Family Guy Quest for Stuff, Knights and Dragons, Hearthstone, Avengers, and a few other games.

• Options
    I am so gorged on games after the black friday deal on $100 itunes cards.

Anyone know if XCom Enemy Within requires the first game to be installed?

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Anyone know if XCom Enemy Within requires the first game to be installed?

It does not.

I've been playing for awhile now and it's just so, so good.

• Options
    Yeah, I think I'll be swapping. Have the first one but the second is like... the first one plus a bunch of extra awesome shit.

• Options
    OMG some of the Crossy Road characters are hysterical. Anyone else get "doge"?

• Options
    I haven't unlocked Doge, but I like how "lovely bunny" is the only character I've seen so far that explodes in a shower of blood when run over.

• Options
    Jesus Christ, Santa Geth.

• Options
    Jesus Christ, Santa Geth.

To be fair, totally in character for Robot Santa.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    pslong9 wrote: »

I hold you directly responsible for how tired I am right now.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    OMG some of the Crossy Road characters are hysterical. Anyone else get "doge"?

Doge is funny, but very distracting. 0/10 much car.

• Options
    Hah, hah. I unlocked Poopy Pidgeon in Crossy Road.

I can not stop laughing...

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Poopy Pigeon is my main go-to. All that poop! And I love the noises.

I briefly had access to flappy fish (or whatever it is) and that's just great, too.

• Options
    It's funny because I'm not a poop/fart joke kind of guy. But I can't stop laughing every once in a while at than damned pigeon...

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm a fan of Crazy Ol' Ben, personally.

Can't believe I'm about to post spoilers for fucking Crossy Road, but here we go. Unlocking the character that can't be purchased
    Play as festive chicken until you get to a big clearing with a Christmas tree in middle. Go up to the tree and presents will fall out of it. Ta da, you've unlocked Gifty.

Only missing three characters at this point: kiwi, swamp frog, and swift snail.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png