As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    For $35 I think it's a pretty good deal.

I dunno.

The other stuff I want costs way more so I was just happy to make it out of the store for so cheap.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Zero Regrets. It sits on the shelf proudly.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It was 27 on amazon for a time but I my money was invested in bills and such so I had to pass.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    So, through an interesting turn of circumstance, I've been given both a generic $200 gift card and a $100 amazon gift card, and I find myself in a bit of a dillemma. D
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, for my birthday I got a lego coffee cup. I'd like to start using it at work, but I need to decide what to build on it.

ee3c_build-on_brick_mug.jpg

Since it's not official lego, some of the builds aren't as locktight as they could be, so I don't want to overextend.

A coworker got a red version of this for me for our department secret santa last year. I still don't know what to build with it, the primary reason being I'm *that* guy and extremely reluctant to take apart my sets...so I have a smattering of pieces that are all basically greebly bits, plates, and random clear studs. No idea what to do with it. She keeps pestering me to see what I've built with it and I'm like...gurl I got nothing to put on it!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Get Batman and Robin minifigs and set them up going up the side of a building 60's TV show style. Bonus points for adding a window and special guest star.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So, through an interesting turn of circumstance, I've been given both a generic $200 gift card and a $100 amazon gift card, and I find myself in a bit of a dillemma. D
    So, for my birthday I got a lego coffee cup. I'd like to start using it at work, but I need to decide what to build on it.

ee3c_build-on_brick_mug.jpg

Since it's not official lego, some of the builds aren't as locktight as they could be, so I don't want to overextend.

A coworker got a red version of this for me for our department secret santa last year. I still don't know what to build with it, the primary reason being I'm *that* guy and extremely reluctant to take apart my sets...so I have a smattering of pieces that are all basically greebly bits, plates, and random clear studs. No idea what to do with it. She keeps pestering me to see what I've built with it and I'm like...gurl I got nothing to put on it!

What I would do, would I get one of those, would be to put these two kinds of bricks on the sides to cover up those indented bits, and then grab a bunch of curved bricks and 1x1 slopes to make a round-contoured mug.

But that's just me.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I saw some of these in a store the other day. They seem pretty cool. Lots of joints, a some SNOT pieces, and a few cool new parts. They got fairly creative with some of the aesthetic parts as well. Like, this guy's eyes for example:
    41509_slumbo.png?l.r=1476985004

Took me a moment to realize that instead of making a specific "glaring eyes" piece, they actually made the eyes minifigure heads and put a helmet on them.

These all seem to be four dollar sets, so yeah. Seems like a good deal to me.

cB557 on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So I saw some of these in a store the other day. They seem pretty cool. Lots of joints, a some SNOT pieces, and a few cool new parts. They got fairly creative with some of the aesthetic parts as well. Like, this guy's eyes for example:
    41509_slumbo.png?l.r=1476985004

Took me a moment to realize that instead of making a specific "glaring eyes" piece, they actually made the eyes minifigure heads and put a helmet on them.

These all seem to be four dollar sets, so yeah. Seems like a good deal to me.

My friend got a couple of them when we went to the store and had a ton of fun putting them together. They're adorable and come with tons of great parts.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I really like those mini ball and socket parts. The regular ball and socket bricks were really nice, so I imagine mini ones will be similarly versatile.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Those eyes are awesome. Terrifying, but awesome.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I really like those mini ball and socket parts. The regular ball and socket bricks were really nice, so I imagine mini ones will be similarly versatile.

They're pretty great. There's fanmade instructions online for how to make TTGL out of the first nine sets in the series.

Tons you can do with them.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wait, wait, wait.

I had not realized they had minifig eyes like that.

I could do so much with those pieces.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I like the way the purple flying one uses the Minifig head/eyes with the witch hat as eyebrows/horns. You can get a lot of expression from simply rotating them.
    41524_Mesmo.png

see317 on
  • Options
    If Mixels keeps up, I could start by own fancy space theme with all the purple pieces.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I can't wait for the next modular.

My wish for the next one is some kind of police station.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I read a rumor a couple of weeks ago that it will be a detective agency.

Which, for me, is even better than a police station.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I kinda hope for a pet shop style one half building is a laundromat with a detective agency on the top floor, other building is more residential. We need another set of two 16x32 buildings.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I just ordered this set from 1995:
    1793_Space_Station_Zenon.jpg

Opened box but supposedly collectible, like new condition. Whatever that means.

• Options
    Ordered from where?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ordered from where?

I ordered it from a third-party seller on Amazon. The listing said it included all the pieces, so I asked if it had the mini-figures as well. They guy said "I don't know, whatevers in the box." I replied asking if the box was sealed then. He said no, but he double checked and the set does indeed come with the figures.

So, I'm really hoping it actually is complete. Him claiming its complete but not knowing if it comes with mini-figures makes me nervous he never actually verified its all there. I figured its worth the gamble since Amazon will force him to accept a return as long as I pay the six bucks shipping. Hell, the baseplate it comes with costs more than that.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    New paycheck means I finally picked up Hurricane Heist, bringing my ultra agents purchases up to 4/

This thing is probably one of the coolest mechs I own now. But that might be my love of veritech-style fighters speaking. It doesn't have a robot form, but it does have articulated gun arms and nice, solid legs. I did modify the instructions just a bit to actually make it symmetrical on the legs, but really that's no big deal.

The agents bike is awesome. It has the same ground/air mechanics that the larger Tron quad does, and just has this amazing, sporty feeling to it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Ordered from where?

I ordered it from a third-party seller on Amazon. The listing said it included all the pieces, so I asked if it had the mini-figures as well. They guy said "I don't know, whatevers in the box." I replied asking if the box was sealed then. He said no, but he double checked and the set does indeed come with the figures.

So, I'm really hoping it actually is complete. Him claiming its complete but not knowing if it comes with mini-figures makes me nervous he never actually verified its all there. I figured its worth the gamble since Amazon will force him to accept a return as long as I pay the six bucks shipping. Hell, the baseplate it comes with costs more than that.

Back when a store was doing a going out of business fire sale they were selling everything they had on hand for cheap
    I scored a bunch of lego but months later when I got around to building the sets I found two of them did not have the figures a bizarre conversation followed over about 2 years before lego gave me the missing figures

I am really wary to use the 3rd part on amazon to get lego because of things like that

• Options
    I just recently had Amazon side with me over a dispute, so I'm feeling cock of the walk.

• Options
    Longhorn PrimeLonghorn Prime Registered User regular
    This has been a productive weekend.

rh95AGC.jpg

• Options
    Preliminary images of the 2015 sets have leaked. They're initial box mockups so they're a little disappointing but aren't the final product. The pirates line is most identical to older pirates sets (but not one particular run.) I don't mind since I missed out on pirate sets my entire life. I would link you to the images, but they've got confidential written all over them and they keep going down and getting mirrored somewhere else so TLG must honestly not want these out.

Bionicle is coming back, a lot of the people who complained that the new Elves theme are now excited because it has good color selection, and I'm definitely buying the pirate ship.

There's totally a porta-potty in one of the construction sets.

• Options
    I'll be picking up the Pirate Ship.

I've never had one before and I feel like I can customize it and make my own.

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I'll be picking up the Pirate Ship.

I've never had one before and I feel like I can customize it and make my own.

That's basically what I was thinking. As much as I want the Sea Cow, I don't think I could justify it to myself for the price. But a basic 100 dollar pirate ship? Hells yeah, I can work with that.

• Options
    Yeah the Seacow is insane and I have most of the figs anyway.

• Options
    Went looking for illicit photos of the new pirate sets and instead came upon photos of the new Hobbit sets:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/125956731@N06/
    Looks like this person found the sets for sale somewhere, because these are photos of the actual sets on someone's desk.

They look really underwhelming to me - I feel like none of the sets have even a pinch of personality. The first year of Hobbit sets had the incredible Bag End set, then the set with the really cool brick-built spiders. Those were cool. Most of last year's sets though, literally amounted to "It's a wall". Right? Dol Guldur Ambush, Mirkwood Elf Army, and Dol Guldur Battle were all walls with an accessory. This year's sets don't look much better to me, although the set with Smaug has some pretty distinctive colors, and it looks like it'll have some unique dwarf minifigs. And Smaug.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    There's a Disney Frozen set coming. That's going to sell just a few.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I need a Lego portapotty.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Like, minifg scale, or...

• Options
    Elves? like castle elves?

• Options
    I love how these being preliminary images means that there's a guy in a tank top and trilby hanging out with the pirates.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

More fairyish elves. They've got minifigs kind of like the Friends line.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »

More fairyish elves. They've got minifigs kind of like the Friends line.

I predict my 4 year old will be very into this line. It's the Friends line goes high Fantasy. I like it a lot. Reminds me of the aesthetic of the old Elf home zones in World of Warcraft.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Really? I might get this?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

There was a LEGO Movie set that had a plumbing truck and portapotty that could also be built as a kind of airplane.

However it was a Wal-Mart exclusive set.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The Flying Flusher. You can get it at the Lego online store and a third-party vendor on Amazon.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    it's only at the Hell known to men in a brick store