As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] Daniel Bryan vs. the Seven Evil Ex-Champions

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Del Rey, is she still seeing Claudio? Hopefully they bring a wrestling superhuman into the world.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Team 3 of the Wrestling Is Fun! Tag World Grand Prix is Team Old Fashioned, pairing fan favorite Gentlemen Jervis Cottonbelly with Marion Fontaine.

What an awesome pairing! Which reminds me I need to pick up the Olde Wrestling Extravaganza DVD.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    REAL LIFE SCHOOL ADVENTURES: HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS SOMEONE'S PHONE JUST WENT OFF IN THIS LIBRARY AND THE RINGTONE WAS EMMA'S THEME THIS IS THE GREATEST!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    g3AKpzo.jpg

Billy never slept again.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I for a while had BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNAR'S theme as my ringtone

It went off in court while people were kind of waiting around for the judge

I got a bunch of weird looks and two people who looked at me and smiled

Wrestlebros engage

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Also silence your phone when you're in any government building or government employees will either stare at you to death or laugh at how dumb your ringtone is

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope you use the same entrance as Brock anytime you enter a courtroom.

• Options
    I do in my head

See also: Triple H doing the shovel dance in a full suit when I win

• Options
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i have punks theme as my ringtone but my phone is usually on silent most times anyway

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i have punks theme as my ringtone but my phone is usually on silent most times anyway

Did you by chance lose your phone around the end of January?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    REAL LIFE SCHOOL ADVENTURES: HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS SOMEONE'S PHONE JUST WENT OFF IN THIS LIBRARY AND THE RINGTONE WAS EMMA'S THEME THIS IS THE GREATEST!

To add to this, I work in a school with 3rd to 5th graders and I swear I saw two little girls walking past the office and one was showing the other how to do the Emma dance.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The very best of British Wrestling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOtdvFKVYg4

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I love that Bryan shares his VHS collection with Sara in that article. Glad I mostly avoided VHS in my collection. I think I have a NOAH show, an IWA:MS show, and a signed best of Jimmy Jacobs VHS and the rest is DVD.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Actually, not the very best as it's only one fall to the finish - all the best wrestling is to two falls.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    One of the little things I like that they're bringing back with the preshows is that part of the reason for wanting PPV spots is payday, and that a winner gets more than a loser.
    It's such a natural motivation for being real upset with a loss.

Glad to hear it; I've been saying for years that they need the "sports" in "sports entertainment" as an underlying motivator, and the pay is a big part of that.
    MrDapper wrote: »
    From a dark match at the Smackdown taping.
    tumblr_n2b4zkVrk31qeuiqyo1_500.jpg

tb2ZBLR.jpg?1

I understand the audience in attendance needs something special, but man, that's the kind of thing I want to see on TV. Be a great thing to have on the Network or YouTube, at least.

And oddly, the Raws here in Toronto seldom seem to have these special moments-- at least, when I attend.
    Oh god...Tosh.o tonight showed the video of Mickey Knuckles completely ruining her leg.

That might be one of the most messed up wrestling injuries I've seen. Legs don't bend that way D:

Ugh, I hate to ask, but... what "witty" commentary did he give that clip?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I'm sorry but it's no longer the 70's, British wrestling has moved on to the heady heights of pleather vests, flips without any psychology and glorified backyarders running "tribute" WWF gimmicks.

I should probably point out that British wrestling is (I'm told) in a massively improved now for the first time in like seven years or so. However there's no fun in talking about that.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    How do you feel about Zack Sabre Jr?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Before the thread ends, I must point people one more time to the OP, because TOTAL DIVAS RETURNS THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 16TH, AT 9PM EST!

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    How do you feel about Zack Sabre Jr?

Image1_zpse5bd8d83.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Just saw another commercial for the Mr Wrestlemania DVD and while I wouldn't buy it for the matches, if they had a commentary track with Shawn I would definitely get it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I've always wanted WWE to do alternate commentary tracks for their DVDs. They did a few on the Rise and Fall of ECW and I think the WCW documentary as well.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

thanks random library guy for convincing me that I should go ahead and make the wyatt's theme my ringtone

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I've always wanted WWE to do alternate commentary tracks for their DVDs. They did a few on the Rise and Fall of ECW and I think the WCW documentary as well.

Mick Foley does commentary on the Hell in the Cell match on his DVD.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    That match is hard as hell to watch today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    That match is hard as hell to watch today.

Yeah, basically any Foley match from that era ends with me whispering "no Mick no" to myself.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    Anybody who's watching the live Network stream now - who in the world is this tool doing commentary with JR? I didn't think I'd exactly be yearning for Attitude era Lawler and yet here I am.

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Anybody who's watching the live Network stream now - who in the world is this tool doing commentary with JR? I didn't think I'd exactly be yearning for Attitude era Lawler and yet here I am.

I'm not watching the network right now but I'm just going to throw Alex Riley and Byron Saxton out there as the names of people Renee Young regularly rips on while at the commentary booth. That probably doesn't answer your question, but it amuses me.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

thanks random library guy for convincing me that I should go ahead and make the wyatt's theme my ringtone

The DAP would make for a decent message sound.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    estrada42estrada42 Registered User regular

If your watching vintage Raw, that's Jim Cornette on commentary with JR.

• Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    Wow. It seems as if he's highly regarded in certain circles but I hope it's not for his ability to yell in monotone on commentary.

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    They're running the Undertaker-Stephanie marriage segment. I love the network.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

And oddly, the Raws here in Toronto seldom seem to have these special moments-- at least, when I attend.

That's what we get for being Bizarro World before it was cool.

*gavel*

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Wow. It seems as if he's highly regarded in certain circles but I hope it's not for his ability to yell in monotone on commentary.

He's mostly behind the scenes stuff.

Also are the best of Raws on the network somewhere else other then the live stream.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    tumblr_n2cg86jh6k1s8ni8uo1_1280.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    undertaker has always been old

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Daniel Bryan v Miz for the US title in 2010 is on now, and two things strike me. The Miz is having a really good match and I wish he was in a good program right now. Second, Striker is so good on commentary.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.