Options

[Wrestling Thread] Daniel Bryan vs. the Seven Evil Ex-Champions

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I will lead this off in saying I genuinely don't know how WMXXX will go down, and I love that

But in addition to the fact that The Rock didn't carry the title on him when he did the talk show circuit for his movies

there's the fact that realistically, Batista's going to get third-string late night appearances at best (I'm guessing Reilly, Glenn Close, Saldana, Diesel, and Del Toro will get first-run shows like Fallon and Letterman, Pratt and Cooper will get Meyers and Conan, and Batista and everyone else will probably get Ferguson*-level appearances at best), and at that level they can book Sheamus to promote themselves, they don't need to do it with their champ, and certainly don't need to hamstring the closing shot of wrestlemania to do it

* Not a dig on Ferguson, I love him more than just about anyone, but his timeslot is not ideal

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    I don't know, I think that there's an even shot of Bryan winning the title. I don't think they make this change if they aren't seriously considering it.

The reality is that I don't know that they can alter course from Batista holding the title

I would love to be wrong

I feel like the idea that he has in his contract that he wins the title at WrestleMania is maybe something the internet has just assumed to be true

This. I was under the impression that title guarantees are something they never do.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Seven evil exes*

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    That's cute that you think that Daniel Bryan is even gonna beat Triple H.

HHH NO LOSE.

HHH STRONGEST THERE IS.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    It's just a leap of logic I took based on Batista winning the Rumble

I don't think you have a part timer win the rumble unless he's a lock for the belt

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    It's just a leap of logic I took based on Batista winning the Rumble

I don't think you have a part timer win the rumble unless he's a lock for the belt

that was obviously the plan at the time but I don't see why you dont think they could change that plan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's hard to predict because there are so many factors

1) Batista's locked down for being around 2 years, so a lengthy title reign makes sense, even with his cardio problems
    2) Bryan winning both makes sense, just like him only winning the HHH match makes sense
    3) HHH somehow winning and rematching/losing at ER makes sense
    4) Only thing that doesn't make sense would be Orton retaining, but with how often he's lost and looked like shit a swerve isn't impossible there
    5) Also not impossible, though hard to believe due to absolutely everything that's come before, would be HHH, Batista, AND Orton all losing on the same night to one person.

There are 2 potential end results here that are obvious (either Bryan winning both, or Batista winning the belt), yet none of the 5 are absolutely out of the question, and that makes it different from the other prior main events.

• Options
    the third ending is that the title match ends with batista and daniel bryan both pinning randy orton so they give them each one belt

book it

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQYSuG1GFY

just a great

where were you moment

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Some people have suggested they go Mania 10's route and have Bryan lose to Hunter by sledgehammer shot or something equally cheap early in the show but still show up in the title match and win. How that would have worked I have no idea; how would Bryan losing gain him a title shot later on the same night? This way they announced the match and stip tonight makes logical sense at the very least.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Orton has barely been on TV

if that isn't a sign I don't know what is

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested they go Mania 10's route and have Bryan lose to Hunter by sledgehammer shot or something equally cheap early in the show but still show up in the title match and win. How that would have worked I have no idea; how would Bryan losing gain him a title shot later on the same night? This way they announced the match and stip tonight makes logical sense at the very least.

If he takes a sledgehammer shot, he wins by DQ; same as how he's considered to have won the gauntlet match he had before SummerSlam.

It's a possibility.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    The title match I could see Bryan losing. I mean, booing Batista at the end they can live with. Having "boring" chants and chants for Daniel Bryan or worse yet outright silence during the main event of the biggest PPV of the year they can not.

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

If he takes a sledgehammer shot, he wins by DQ; same as how he's considered to have won the gauntlet match he had before SummerSlam.

It's a possibility.

Yeah I forgot the possibility of a DQ finish. I could see it happening if they want to have Hunter face Bryan for the title at a later show.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

The Bret/Owen match had no bearing on the title match though.

• Options
    Speaking of Mania 10, I wish Luger would have beaten Yoko and lost to Bret in the main. That way Lex would have gotten a (very short) WWF title reign and the main would have been a much better match, no offense to Yoko.

• Options
    Oh yeah and I just saw a pic of Kevin Steen from ROH's most recent event and he's lost a noticeable amount of weight. Good for him.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I think "much better match" is being really kind to Lex Luger.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I think "much better match" is being really kind to Lex Luger.

Better than Yokozuna wrestling twice in one night.

• Options
    I don't care what the alternative is, less Lex Luger is always the right way to go in my book.

• Options
    If Luger was in the ring with someone good, he was perfectly capable of putting on a good match.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

HHH NO LOSE.

HHH STRONGEST THERE IS.

H = 8.

8 * 3 = 24

Add another 3 because of the Triple and you get 27.

Convert that to a letter and you get A+

HHH is an A+ player, how could you even suggest he'd lose to a B+?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

HHH NO LOSE.

HHH STRONGEST THERE IS.

H = 8.

8 * 3 = 24

Add another 3 because of the Triple and you get 27.

Convert that to a letter and you get A+

HHH is an A+ player, how could you even suggest he'd lose to a B+?

tumblr_mouasyZ5zH1s6ns7wo1_400.gif

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    If Luger was in the ring with someone good, he was perfectly capable of putting on a good match.

And I think Bret Hart is comfortably in the "good" range.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I really enjoy mean stephanie

I don't even know what you call whatever her mean voice is. Like, a screech? A howl?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

HHH took that kick great.

That sentence sounds like the hulk speaking, but I can't think of a better way to put it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Watching Backstage Raw because I don't know.

Daniel getting weirdly political in this interview.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Watching ECW, holy crap I forgot Mike Awesome was in the company in 1994.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Once WM is done you'll be seeing this often enough.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Cade wrote: »

Not too confident on Hunter putting Bryan over huh?

• Options
    Cade wrote: »

irQMpzdWLzU1a.jpg

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Hmmm I can't recall has anybody ever done the double at Mania before? If no...it is a clear endorsement of what they think of Bryan in the ring at least.

Working my way through the thread since I'm on the slow coast, but I'm pretty sure Bret Hart did it at 10. I'll know for sure once someone answers this on the next page.

Thanks Nirya!

Maximum on
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Hmmm I can't recall has anybody ever done the double at Mania before? If no...it is a clear endorsement of what they think of Bryan in the ring at least.

Working my way through the thread since I'm on the slow coast, but I'm pretty sure Bret Hart did it at 10. I'll know for sure once someone answers this on the next page.

Thanks Nirya!

I got you, buddy.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Watching the latest NXT, man Charlotte is tall. She keeps improving and we might finally have a Flair kid that continues his legacy in the ring.

RIP Reid

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    tumblr_n22xheM2r71rxtp5do1_1280.jpg

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Breeze and Rose as The League of Exquisite Gentlemen. Make it happen NXT!

• Options
    #ThisBoyAdam is a great hashtag

• Options
    BiaxjCfCEAAamCD.jpg

World's Strongest Shield Crack

This discussion has been closed.