As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armored Warfare by Obsidian - Pre-Alpha Footage pg.2

• Options
    ShadowmantShadowmant Registered User regular
    If they can avoid the sins of WOT I'll be a happy camper. The main thing they should ensure is that progression is actually fun and rewarding. My first few months with WOT were a blast. Lower to mid tier battles can be exciting once you know what you're doing. All that fun disappeared the moment I broke into the higher tiers. Unlocking a new tank should be an achievement that feels good and the goddamned thing should be useful right outside the box.

Once I got to the high tiers in WOT I was let down and just went back down to a Tier 6 tank (love my hellcat) and really only ever played that one. Got that crew nicely levelled though =P

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Ammo costing in game credits is a pretty big red-flag for me.

Sure it might not be as explicit as gold ammo but if there's a shell that functions better but costs more it's basically saying 'be at a disadvantage or slow down your progress on our treadmill'.

A lot of these kinds of games make players pay for ammo and repairs so I'm not too concerned. Hell, "no premium ammo, ammo costs credits" is a phrase that also describes War Thunder and I've never even noticed the price of reloads in that game.

Oh absolutely, just the pricing of ammo can go two ways as to whether it's okay or not.

Alot of these sorts of games have models I don't find appealing because they either slot restrict me or are designed around cranking the grind up subtly through increased repair/ammo costs at a higher tier. Both of which irritate me to no end and feel like the game devs trying to push you to pay for things that are actually really dull (more slots/premium time).

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't really like the idea of pay-for-ammo, unless the idea is that it interacts with other game systems in a way that is interesting (i.e. a full-scale economy a la EVE, or some kind of situation where you have XYZ amount of currency to spend on a loadout for each match and ammo total is part of that.)

If buying ammo between games is just a de facto way of sucking some ingame currency out of the economy, I'd prefer they just bake that into the reward structure and not make me spend it manually

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    qjuyQHq.jpg

Obsidian is in russia on a press event for Armored Warfare. So, yeah. New info (aside from a Q&A) may be coming soon.

C2B on
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Can I have his life?

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    New info is confirmed for E3.

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
  • Options
    How will vehicle progress be reflected in the game?
    To access better equipment and more advanced armored vehicles, you will need to gain experience. Unfortunately, you will not be able to begin the game with the most advanced modern vehicles and gear. We’ll go into more detail about progression in a future article!

What equipment will the game have?
    The game will have various armoured vehicles, tanks and artillery.

Will there be mod support, since the engine has a generally accessible SDK?
    Although the CryEngine does allow for modding, we will not allow this until the developers are convinced that mods are safe for all users, and are not detrimental to the play experience.

Will player combat statistics be tracked and displayed?
    The game will have a statistics screen. More will be revealed about it later, as this feature is currently being developed.

How many players will there be on the PVP map?
    This number is currently being determined. The developers are selecting the number of players to ensure a comfortable situation without making it a burden. We can only say for certain that the number will be more than 10.

Will the physics be arcade-like or more realistic?
    The developers will aim to maintain a balance between these styles. It is important to ensure that even a beginner can easily start the game, while maintaining room for improvement and expertise through advanced features, tricks and strategies within the game. We can say for sure that it will not be a simulator.

How will damage to vehicles be represented?
    The game will have hitpoints. The reason for this is simple: hitpoints provide information that enables players to easily evaluate risks and make strategic decisions on the fly. For example, should you remain under cover or can can you afford to come out and face the enemy.

How will the damage system work?
    Different parts of the tank will have different armour and, correspondingly, different vulnerability. As such, simply landing a hit on a tank will not be enough to incapacitate it in most cases. When hit, different modules can be damaged.

Is there any chance of ricochet or non-penetration?
    Yes. Ricochets are possible and much will depend on the type of armor.

How will ballistics work? Will projectile flight time be calculated individually?
    Yes, flight speed and trajectory will depend on several factors, including weapon and type of projectile.

Will there be any targeting assistance when firing?
    Yes, there will be a slight autocorrection for shooting ease.

To what extent is the environment destructible?
    Almost everything in the game world will be destructible. For example, houses (even stone buildings) will not provide reliable shelter against enemy fire. Given enough damage, they will be destroyed. Trees and bushes will also be destructible. This serves to create a tactical environment for the game. However, not everything can be destroyed (you can’t raze a hill, for example).

How will vehicles cross water hazards?
    Most vehicles can get navigate shallow water. However, if a vehicle enters very deep water, it may sink.

Can a machine get stuck in combat, for example, in the sand?
    In order to alleviate excessive frustration, getting stuck will be difficult. However, vehicles might fall into areas where they cannot escape due to their innate characteristics (such as falling into a ravine).

What will happen to vehicles when they are struck by enemy fire?
    Depending on their level and armor, vehicles will suffer various degrees of damage.

How will terrain affect tank speed?
    The type of surface will determine speed. Of course, much will also depend on the type of vehicle in question.

Will there be battles on maps based on historic locations of conflict?
    No, there are no plans to directly reproduce any real historic conflicts. Of course, some maps will be inspired by real-world locations. Some maps will be based on images from space, but the goal is not to duplicate those places.

How will the surroundings change during combat?
    Apart from the destruction caused by the players themselves, your surroundings will be dynamic. This means that at certain times there may be events that the player cannot influence, for example, a bridge could blow up, an airstrike could take place, or some other event could occur. These environmental elements can have a significant impact on combat and tactics.

We will continue to update this FAQ as more questions (and answers!) come up!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    The game will have hitpoints. The reason for this is simple: hitpoints provide information that enables players to easily evaluate risks and make strategic decisions on the fly. For example, should you remain under cover or can can you afford to come out and face the enemy.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Double boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo after playing War Thunder's tanks and seeing just how well a more realistic system works.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Double boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo after playing War Thunder's tanks and seeing just how well a more realistic system works.

Yeah, that just made me lose all interest in this. After playing War Thunder, HP-based tank games just don't feel right.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Short question: How does Warthunder do it?

Never really played it.

C2B on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This is a decent summary.

Basically a tank isn't destroyed until all crew are dead, the ammo rack's been lit, or the fuel tank is blown up. All components such as transmission, suspension, elevation mechanism, gun breech, etc, have hitboxes to allow for independent damage. Some limited damage can be repaired in field, which stops movement for about a minute or two.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Suriko wrote: »
    This is a decent summary.

Basically a tank isn't destroyed until all crew are dead, the ammo rack's been lit, or the fuel tank is blown up. All components such as transmission, suspension, elevation mechanism, gun breech, etc, have hitboxes to allow for independent damage. Some limited damage can be repaired in field, which stops movement for about a minute or two.

So basically, WoT if you remove the overall tank HP? (Where defeating a tank requires taking HP to 0, killing the crew, or blowing the ammo sky high)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
  • Options
    Some preview stuff
    See, unlike World of Tanks and War Thunder’s heavy emphasis on endless repetition of PvP grind and tank upgrades, Armored Warfare is coming at the genre from more of what you would expect of a console title. There’s going to be a backstory about modern struggles for limited resources and terrorism. And players will be able to queue up to take on this progressive storyline in 3+ tank missions complete with voice acted objectives and secondary objectives. Completion of these missions is just as valid of a progression method as PvP, and can net the player experience points for upgrading their crewmembers as well as unlocking or upgrading tanks in their garage. A nice little addition is the challenge missions that let you truly show your mastery of a PvE mission by letting you do something epic on the battlefield. Thankfully these challenges aren’t randomly assigned and actually based on the type of tank you’re driving, so you won’t have to worry about ramming through the enemy’s front barricade with artillery.
    In terms of tank types, they offer a simplified but rather effective three category system. You’ll either be riding in a full-fledged tank, a supportive artillery, or a fast and stealthy recon.
    And while the developers were extremely pensive about mentioning anything about the crews, the early stages of the UI made it clear that they will gain experience over time and that there likely will be four members of your crew.
    Though the economy system was hardly in place, there was a clear distinction between gold, silver, and reputation on the rewards screen after matches. When asked, the representative shared that gold would be the cash shop currency, silver the in-game currency for purchasing tank upgrades, and reputation a currency for advancing one’s tech tree to acquire new and more powerful tiers of tanks. I have to applaud the stat keeping after the matches as well since you are clearly shown how much each member of your team contributed. Points are appropriated and bonus currency offered based on how active you were in taking objectives, how many kills you scored, as well as assists, damage dealt, number of tanks spotted, and points accrued from base captures.
    Even though the demo didn't let me customize my tank, the option to visually change so much-- from camo to personal satellite defense systems-- made me feel like my tank could be mine, as long as I made it play as its class role. That may sound restricting, but as someone new to the genre, I wanted something I could understand, and as a modern MMO player, I understand classes. It certainly made it easier for me to figure out what to do during the battle, as did the objectives list that I got specifically for my role. An artillery satellite view made things feel almost like an RTS, but in a good way. Other players spotted for me, and I blasted from afar.

• Options
    Anthony had a few notes about my post/the article
    This is a pretty accurate write up. A few notes.

The backstory for the PvE scenarios is sort of a near future world where resources are fought over by hired Private Military Corporations.

When we demoed the game, we explained how there are roles for the vehicles. We explained three roles for this demo, Tank, Artillery, and Recon.

Tanks:
    Challenger 2
    Leopard 2a5

Artillery:
    M109a6 Paladin

Recon:
    M1128 MGS - 'Stryker'
    Wiesel 1

Crew sizes depend on the vehicle. The Wiesel has two, the Paladin has six.

Like he stated, we haven't demoed vehicle upgrading or customization yet.

• Options
    I like that first paragraph and how it opens with 'endless repetition' even though I'll put money on the PVE likely to be just as much repetitive grinding.

Also Challenger 2. Immortal god tonk, fear the Brits.

Curious how/if there will be a spotting system considering they've named one of the roles recon. Not a fan of dedicated arty players.

• Options

I like that first paragraph and how it opens with 'endless repetition' even though I'll put money on the PVE likely to be just as much repetitive grinding.

Curious how/if there will be a spotting system considering they've named one of the roles recon. Not a fan of dedicated arty players.

Other players spotted for me, and I blasted from afar.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I'm pleased this isn't turning out to be a World of Tanks clone. It seems like Obsidian is doing their own thing.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »
    Anthony had a few notes about my post/the article
    This is a pretty accurate write up. A few notes.

The backstory for the PvE scenarios is sort of a near future world where resources are fought over by hired Private Military Corporations.

When we demoed the game, we explained how there are roles for the vehicles. We explained three roles for this demo, Tank, Artillery, and Recon.

Tanks:
    Challenger 2
    Leopard 2a5

Artillery:
    M109a6 Paladin

Recon:
    M1128 MGS - 'Stryker'
    Wiesel 1

Crew sizes depend on the vehicle. The Wiesel has two, the Paladin has six.

Like he stated, we haven't demoed vehicle upgrading or customization yet.

Wonder what the other two guys are doing on the Paladin. There's only 4 people on that gun: The driver, the gunner, the chief of section and the number one man.

• Options
    Coffee detail and janitorial services.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Shell unpacking and repacking.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Freitag wrote:
    We’re excited to let you all know that My.com and Obsidian Entertainment will be attending Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from August 13th to 17th! While we’re there, we’ll be giving everyone a lot more information about Armored Warfare’s progression system and the beta.

We’re sure you don’t want to wait until Gamescom for some of that information though, so today we’re going to share a little bit about how you’ll acquire new armored vehicles and how you’ll progress in Armored Warfare.

In Armored Warfare, you won’t represent a nation. Instead, you’ll take on the role of an independent private military contractor. You’ll be able to acquire technology from a variety of sources, who won’t be beholden to a particular nation, ideology, or even side of a conflict.

Acting as Commander of your own private military companies, you must conduct business with influential Arms Dealers in order to succeed and prosper. These Dealers are the brokers between defense contractors who manufacture armored vehicles and you, the player, who wants access to the latest and greatest technology on the market.

More information on dealers will be presented at Gamescom, but here are brief introductions to two of the dealers you’ll meet in Armored Warfare:

xKuI6Zg.jpg
    MARAT SHISHKIN

Known Aliases: The Iron Badger, Grandpa Numbers
    Current Location: Nizhny Tagil, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
    Specialty: Shishkin believes strongly in the adage “Might Makes Right”, and prefers vehicles that deal a lot of damage. His particular favorites are the T-series, which he has much experience with.

ob0ouL8.jpg
    SOPHIE WÖLFLI

Known Aliases: @mumstheword, Chocolatgesetz
    Current Location: Zürich, Switzerland
    Specialty: As part of the UN Joint Task Forces, Sophie’s job is to coordinated peacekeeping operations around the globe. She tends to prioritize the safety of troops and civilians over all-out destruction. Her industry contacts are mostly European manufacturers who allow import/export through Swiss channels.

C2B on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

elbow grease lubesman and headlamp fluid filler

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

elbow grease lubesman and headlamp fluid filler

Stocking chem light batteries and grid squares?

• Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Gameplay is on

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Pre-Alpha footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqSVoYeQYQ

Gameplay itself seems very much like a better WOT as excpected (at this stage). Otherwise its *just* one-two pve maps that are shown.

Biggest concern IMO is that the AI seems to be too weak. Hopefully still in development/tuned down for demonstration purposes. Thats a large part of whats going to make PVE interesting after all.

Otherwise looks surprisingly good considering that this is Obsidians first time making anything like it and considering its pre-alpha.

C2B on
  • Options
    High Quality footage containing the entire (including the beginning with added info) Stream by Obsidian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-cJAgMW10w&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »
    Gameplay itself seems very much like a better WOT as excpected (at this stage). Otherwise its *just* one-two pve maps that are shown.

I'm still interested in this because unlike the rest of this forum, I still enjoy WoT, and don't have a fanboyish adoration of WT. This game looks like it takes a near plagiaristic take on tank warfare. Like it's so similar to WoT that I'm almost surprised that Wargaming aren't getting their lawyers ready.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anthony Davis
    I missed this summoning, yeah I watched this live.

Everything is still in flux, mechanics, gameplay, UI - still this pretty accurate of a what I would call, a PVE mission on Easy. Currently PVE missions have difficulty settings, I don't know if or how that will change in final. If we turn the AI up all the way it starts bulls eyeing weak points.

You can see the distance of the engagements in the HUD, the distance in meters is shown on the right. Most vehicles can see ~400 to 500 meters, and again, this is not final and can still change.

Haba - tanks with 1hp may or may not be as effective as full health tanks. Chances are they have damaged or destroyed components which drastically affect the vehicles - as well as hurt or KO'd crew. We are still balancing all of this of course and it is something that will continue to be tuned even after the game goes live. We've actually had games where the entire crew would get completely incapacitated before the vehicle could be destroyed - I imagine the tuning will shake that out.

• Options
    Considering I can't get a WT tanks game at the highest realism where it's fun I'll happily take a more arcadey/RPG style set up provided the free to play model's decent.

• Options
    FAQ Update
    Q: Can you play with friends in PvE and PvP?
    A: You will be able to queue into both PVE and PVP with friends.

Q: Does Matchmaking take player efficiency into account?
    A: Matchmaking does take player efficiency into account for dividing players up into teams. The amount of weight it has in the matchmaking algorithms is still being decided on.

Q: How will vehicles be crewed? Will there be crews? If so, will they be international? Or specific to the nationality of the vehicle?
    A: Vehicles will have international crews. Armored Warfare is set in a near future where the player takes on the role of a Commander of a Private Military Corporation. Thus the vehicles and the crews that staff them do not have direct national ties but rather are collected from around the world.

Q: Will there be crew leveling?
    A: The crews associated with the vehicles will level up through battle experience.

Q: How will tanks be unlocked? We know that there will be dealers, but how will we unlock additional vehicles that those dealers provide?
    A: Vehicles will either be unlocked either by earning enough Reputation with a specific dealer or by accomplishing some other requirement established by that Dealer. On average, about 70% of the vehicles can be unlocked by earning Reputation while about 30% of the vehicles require more specific accomplishments, such as dealing a certain total amount of damage across all of the player's matches.

Q: Will there be “premium” ammunition?
    A: There will be no premium ammunition. Vehicles will have access to a wide variety of ammunition. We will provide more detail in our further articles.

Q: Will ammunition work on a sort of “rock, paper, scissors” system? Each shell working best against a certain type of armor?
    A: All of these major types of ammunition will work more effectively in different situations based on range of fire, targeting a moving vehicle, dealing with armor layers like ERA, Cage Armor, Applique, and how thick the vehicle's armor is. Our goal is to model the ammunition effectiveness in the same situations it would be effective in the real world.

Q: Will there be reactive armor?
    A: ERA will be available as part of the Armor Upgrade packages available for various vehicles.

Q: Will there be smoke grenades, mines, etc.?
    A: Many of the vehicles will be able to equip Smoke Grenade Launchers as part of the upgrade options available to them.

Q: Which tank modules it will be possible to upgrade?
    A: The specific modules that can be upgraded will be different from vehicle to vehicle based on that vehicle's real world development history. Some examples of modules that can be upgraded include engines, tracks, cannons, ATGM launchers, improved optics, suspension, shock absorbers, etc.

Q: How will the game implement damage to modules and repairs on the battlefield?
    A: The exact mechanics and penalties for damaged modules depend on the module that has been damaged. Generally speaking, however, modules can be reduced to a Damaged or Destroyed state. They can auto-repair over time from Destroyed to Damaged or the player can use a repair kit to return them to undamaged. Wheels are a special exception. When a vehicle's wheels are destroyed, the vehicle can still move slowly but while the vehicle is in motion, the tires will not be repaired.

Q: Will there be unlocks of equipment through achievements or challenges?
    A: Upgrades that affect vehicle performance will not be restricted to challenge or achievement gates. It is possible some cosmetic upgrades will be restricted to achievements or challenges.

Q: Can vehicles be upgraded to their variants, or will they be separate unlocks?
    A: This is being handled on a case by case basis. If a vehicle variant doesn't introduce a lot of major changes from the previous version, then the upgrades from that variant might be unlocks for the previous version. If a variant is a major upgrade from a previous vehicle such as a drastic visual difference, gun change, or significant improvement in armor, it is more likely that the variant will be included as a separate vehicle all together.

Q: Will shots take into account the slope of the armor where the shell comes in contact with it?
    A: The slope of armor at the point of impact will be factored into the calculations that determine if a shell is able to penetrate or not.

Q: Does armor become weaker after it has been struck by a projectile?
    A: In most cases, armor will not be weakened by firing at the same location twice. The exception to this is Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) panels. On first impact with Shaped Charges, ERA panels will explode into the impact and mitigate the potential of the shell to some degree. But then the ERA is detonated at that location and will no longer provide additional protection.

Q: If my tank is stuck, is there a command to instantly "respawn" to become unstuck?
    A: In the initial PVP match mode, there will not be respawns at all. However, respawns will be possible in Cooperative PVE missions. Our goal will be to eliminate places where players get stuck on maps while testing the maps. Though it is possible players will still find places to drive into that will get their vehicle stuck, such as down into a narrow ravine or off a small cliff. Generally, as we find places like this, we will take measures to adjust the map to keep players from getting into places they cannot get out of.

Q: What types of modern ammunition will be modelled in-game?
    A: There will be ammo simulations for purely kinetic shells (SABOT, AP, etc.), shaped charges (HEAT, ATGMs, etc.), and High Explosive shells (HE, HE-FRAG, etc.). Specialized variants of these shells will also have properties reflected in the simulations.

Q: Will there be Deathmatch mode in AW?
    A: There will not be a plain deathmatch mode at launch. However, it is our intent to continue testing new gameplay modes and introducing ones that feel like they will add something to the gameplay experience.

Q: Will there be game modifiers? For example, battles without MBTs, or battles without SPGs?
    A: In the standard PVP mode at launch there will not be modifiers that would eliminate certain vehicle classes from the matches. However, we will always be exploring new possible modes or changes to the options available to player to see if other match modes will be worth adding to the matchmaking systems.

Q: Will there be an opportunity to call an air strike or something like that?
    A: There will not be air strikes in the PVP mode of the game at launch. It is possible air strikes could factor into PVE Coop Missions but there are none planned right now.

Q: Will it be possible to take another tank and continue the fight if killed?
    A: In the initial standard PVP mode, it will not be possible to respawn with another tank if your initial one is destroyed. In PVE, it will be possible to respawn with the same tank that you started with if your vehicle is destroyed. Additional modes in the future might add respawn rules with other tanks if the match mechanics work better with it.

Q: Will alternative imaging mechanics such as IR be available?
    A: Alternative imaging mechanics such as IR and Night Vision will be featured in the game but they might not be part of the gameplay at initial launch.

Q: Will there be mod support?
    A: At initial launch, there will tentatively not be mod support. However, we would like to find a way to allow mods to work with Armored Warfare without allowing the types of mods that create exploits.

• Options
    Considering I can't get a WT tanks game at the highest realism where it's fun I'll happily take a more arcadey/RPG style set up provided the free to play model's decent.
    Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at now. WT was fun as all hell when Sim battles could be had on a regular basis but that mode is kind of a wasteland at this point which bloowwwwsss. I really don't care too much for Arcade battles since you can be spotted a mile away regardless of cover and concealment.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    War Thunder tank battles were only good when sim battles were populated, IE, before aircraft could be in them too. Now no one plays and it sucks. Arcade and Realistic modes are terrible, and being forced to play them would be a suitable layer of hell.

Haven't played WoT in forever but that grind was atrocious. Invisible tanks were really stupid too.

It is so easy to make these games fun, and so easy to fuck over the player.
    1) Don't be a dick with pricing.
    2) Don't be a dick about progression.
    3) Listen to players, unlike all russian devs ever.
    4) Include PvE elements for those that like coop. Make sure it isn't gimped progression wise (see number 2).
    5) Don't use hitpoints, it is silly. (Too late)
    6) Don't use repair and rearm mechanics. (Too late)

I'm so frustrated with WoT, War Thunder, and MWO that it would so damn easy for a game with halfway competent devs to come along and take all my money.

It's already a lost cause on two points. I signed up for beta. If the progression or pricing blows I'm out. The gameplay didn't look that good. I mean it was fine. But it's just a straight up WoT clone and I'm in the mood for a little more realism. Not too much. Like WT's sim battles.

I'm sorry. It's just that the only F2P game I've ever played that didn't have shitheel devs or a laughably poor pricing model is Warframe. I think it rests with the coop nature. Coop communities are less toxic. The game becomes less about balance, making the community much more passive and less frothy-at-the-mouthy. Who cares if a tank is OP? It's coop! Have fun! Coop is the light and it's sad there aren't more F2P that games see this. I imagine it's on account of the expensive/difficult nature of implementing AI.