As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    grumthorngrumthorn Registered User regular
    Lochiel wrote: »
    How is the war in Delve going for ya'll?

After several days of StratOps we've managed to knock over two NC. R64s. Fear us.

It's looking to turn into a slow grind, and we all know how much everyone loves those. The fact that both sides could stop now and save face is probably something that's being considered.

Good job on the r64s btw, they're a solid income source.

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    This Delve war really needs to happen. SOUND has taken the stance of "As soon as PL shows up on our doorstep, we're going to deploy to Delve. But not until then".

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    This is not a war, it's a roll over. We've snapped sov in three systems, and our brave enemies haven't even tried to defend a single one. They logged their supers in one time, and then logged them off as soon as our supers were anywhere near them. They've reinforced a few things in Fountain, which we just rep and they never show up for the timers.

For a war to be a war, the other side has to fight. So far they are taking the classic anti-goon approach of "bore them to defeat", but that never works for us, as we amuse ourselves by just shitting up local constantly.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Huh? "Boring goons to defeat" doesn't work?

Since when?

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So far they are taking the classic anti-goon approach of "bore them to defeat", but that never works for us, as we amuse ourselves by just shitting up local constantly.

I can't think of many sov war examples where this has worked. It works vs say MOA because we get bored of camping npc stations pretty quick. but as you say we're pretty self motivating as far as going out and doing sov stuff is concerned, we're not Black 'we don't shoot structures in a sov war' Legion.

In other news 2 more systems fell this morning, but the big one is tomorrow in AU TZ with the final ZXB timer. Even if they win, we'll just reinforce it again in EU and they get to do it all over again.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    SOUND SotA:
    Because PL is going to refuses to evict us, we will be evacing deploying to Delve until FozzieSov for a few weeks.

It lacks the effortless wordsmithery I've become accustomed to, but it gets the job done :D

Lochiel on
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    grumthorn wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So far they are taking the classic anti-goon approach of "bore them to defeat", but that never works for us, as we amuse ourselves by just shitting up local constantly.

I can't think of many sov war examples where this has worked. It works vs say MOA because we get bored of camping npc stations pretty quick. but as you say we're pretty self motivating as far as going out and doing sov stuff is concerned, we're not Black 'we don't shoot structures in a sov war' Legion.

In other news 2 more systems fell this morning, but the big one is tomorrow in AU TZ with the final ZXB timer. Even if they win, we'll just reinforce it again in EU and they get to do it all over again.

My alarm clock is set, this is my best chance yet to lose @Baudin's Nyx.
    SOUND SotA:
    Because PL is going to refuses to evict us, we will be evacing deploying to Delve until FozzieSov for a few weeks.

It lacks the effortless wordsmithery I've become accustomed to, but it gets the job done :D

Does this mean we get to shoot you!? COME VISIT US!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Huh? "Boring goons to defeat" doesn't work?

Since when?

In a sov war? It's never worked. Border skirmishes and dick butt fights? Sure, but no one has ever bored us out of not burning their sov down, especially not after they tried to invade us first.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SOUND SotA:

Does this mean we get to shoot you!? COME VISIT US!

Only because NC. refuses to show up, and we must shoot someone.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It'd be nice to shoot at something that isn't blue for once.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Never not shoot greens

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    I feel like if they had just rearranged the video a little bit it would have fit Carl's words better.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    I think that's intention. I think it's supposed to be a beautiful condemnation of our wasted potential. (As humans, not as EVE players)

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So could someone write a quick primer for those of us who won at EVE five+ years ago?

What's happening? Is Vee's Cruor being liberated? Why haven't we lost our space yet? Why hasn't MRCHI been kicked yet?

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    So could someone write a quick primer for those of us who won at EVE five+ years ago?

What's happening? Is Vee's Cruor being liberated? Why haven't we lost our space yet? Why hasn't MRCHI been kicked yet?

1. The CFC owns 40% of nullsec and is invading Delve for about the 12th time in the last traditional sovwar before HP grinds are replaced with magic sov wands.
    2. We are in the middle of this year's process of liberation. I am sure it will be left behind yet again, in case we need an excuse somewhere down the line.
    3. We are the premiere USTZ, EUTZ, and apparently AUTZ supercap and subcap alliance in the game. Also, BNI has still yet to truly become a meatshield and/or N3 (BoB mark...uhhh..8?) still have no real me at shield to oppose us with.
    4. Its not for lack of effort!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Coming somewhere around June, a new sovereignty system is being released that, in principle, should make it easier to seize undefended sov and make it harder to defend large swaths of sov. Instead of waiting for the new system, hostiles that include Darkness., Kadeshi, NC., Nulli Secunda, BL, and associated hanger-ons decided to make a push for Fountain during Fanfest a few weeks ago. Staging from Delve and Aridia (lowsec bordering Fountain), they met with initial success while fighting the Southwest CFC (Fatal Ascension, Get Off My Lawn, Forged of Fire.) and managed to snap sov in D4KU-5, which is the border system between Fountain and Aridia.

Deciding enough was enough, the entirety of the CFC, including our sizable supercapital fleet, deployed to Fountain to halt the invasion. Effectively immediately, all hostile progress in Fountain was halted and subsequently reversed.

Disappointed in the ability of hostiles to be competent at sov warfare, and since this is the Last Great Sov War before the new sovereignty system, CFC leadership decided to push back. Staging from Fountain, we have attacked the bordering constellations in Delve. Two weeks since the counter-offensive began and after one previous attempt to take the station, today was the fall of the station in ZXB-VC, the Delve border system to Fountain, which had been the staging system for hostiles pushing into Fountain from Delve, but was almost immediately abandoned once our counter-offensive was announced. In terms of war material, it is unlikely much is trapped in the station, but it is a significant victory in that this is the first station system to be taken.

There are other things happening as well (Reavers in Querious, PL being hired to attack Nulli in the southwest, BRAVE convulsing in leadership drama), but that's the most relevant bits.

The CFC hasn't lost its space because, as this war has demonstrated, we have a very large number of nerds to throw into the meat grinder, we fight together, and we now have what is perhaps the largest supercapital force in the game. Whereas in previous years were were always behind in supercap numbers, as a coalition we now match or exceed the supercapital numbers of hostile alliances and coalitions, perhaps best demonstrated by us camping the ZXB station today in AUTZ with 58 titans and 100+ supercarriers.

MRCHI has avoided being kicked by mostly avoiding shitposting on the GF forums, but also by purging the people who no longer log in and occasionally going on fleets and clicking participation links to show that, yes, we are in fleets and fighting.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Oh hey it seems like there is some kind of mysterious fire in Immensea; police are "baffled" as to what might have caused this sudden conflagration. Almost 50 valuable moon mining stations are reportedly destroyed, and it now seems that multiple station systems are suffering severe damage to available services too.

Local community Leader 'Sister Bliss' appealed for calm. His well known and remarkably cuddly 2IC 'Dark Shines' added that he hoped that everyone would be able to come together afterwards for happy fun times in a notable dance party in the famed Ibiza hangout.

• Options
    2 full constellations got reffed in one op is what I guess I am trying to convey.

• Options
    Everything is burning! Is this part of some pre-FozSov land grab? Or just taking opportunity of NC. being distracted?

• Options
    'Hey everyone, let's go attack fountain!' is the eve version of 'Let's start a land war in Asia'. I don't know what they were thinking, but it isn't going to end well for them.
    V1m wrote: »
    2 full constellations got reffed in one op is what I guess I am trying to convey.

I know you guys don't want sov, so if this works we're likely to have even more freeports? The west seems like a far more interesting place to live than pretty much anywhere else in eve right now.

Everything is burning! Is this part of some pre-FozSov land grab? Or just taking opportunity of NC. being distracted?

The latter makes the most sense to me. NC. is really having their ineffectiveness rubbed in their faces these days. From what I can see they ended up with a vast rental empire by virtue of the Russian collapse and have been coasting on reputation and the unwillingness of the big blocks to invade to keep the money flowing. They have made an awful lot of isk in fairness I guess.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Perhaps you read this ALOD? SOUND took a JB tower, some idiot didn't realize the JB was down and sat around long enough to die to it. Don't worry! Someone else tried to replace the JB. Sadly, the new JB wasn't around when the same corp as in the ALOD... lost another BPC collection.

Lochiel on
  • Options
    I've been wondering just how alive NC. really is.

Also, having a few regions that are known for not being held by anyone competent will be a good thing come FozSov

• Options
    'Hey everyone, let's go attack fountain!' is the eve version of 'Let's start a land war in Asia'. I don't know what they were thinking, but it isn't going to end well for them.
    V1m wrote: »

I know you guys don't want sov, so if this works we're likely to have even more freeports? The west seems like a far more interesting place to live than pretty much anywhere else in eve right now.

The latter makes the most sense to me. NC. is really having their ineffectiveness rubbed in their faces these days. From what I can see they ended up with a vast rental empire by virtue of the Russian collapse and have been coasting on reputation and the unwillingness of the big blocks to invade to keep the money flowing. They have made an awful lot of isk in fairness I guess.

Ibiza (Immensea) is our sacred homeland. Even when we can't hold it, that we make life miserable for those who live there. Deus vult!

Also we have hopes for the new sov system, why not? As you say, worst case we can freeport it.

• Options
    I was present for my first station flip today, it was pretty amusing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Well there goes Fountain. I wonder who'll move in there next, oh me, oh my.

• Options
    I'm hoping MOA.

• Options
    AhmneeAhmnee Registered User regular
    Is now a good time to get my shi#, I mean ships "out"?

Also, who is running Merch?

• Options
    Oh my god Ohmnee is gonna be the first person I get to push the button for.

This is the best present ever.

• Options
    And now Cloud Ring.

That's what, 4 regions that the CFC has abandoned since the Phoebe changes?

• Options
    Five.

Period Basis, Querious, Delve, Fountain, and Cloud Ring.

Fozziesov is coming.

• Options
    A more interesting count would be number of regions the traditional powers are keeping. If nobody wants to be the defender then the risk/reward balance is very off kilter.
    From what i can see The CFC (or the imperium if we're going to insist on that) are keeping: Vale Branch Deklein and I assume PB and tribute because it wouldn't make sense to do otherwise given high sec connections. My assumption is that current members who do not wish to move in to that area will reset, Provi will keep provi, because they are who they are. The entire south is up for grabs, the west is fragmented and we probably won't know death and the other renter empire russian's plans until we see them, but I imagine that they will want to keep as much space as they can.
    Interesting times are ahead, I just hope that there's enough reasons to hold space, both on an alliance and a line member level.

• Options
    If nobody wants to be the defender then the risk/reward balance is very off kilter.

Or, ya know, that whole "you need to occupy your space to defend it" bit. It's kinda a big deal, I wouldn't forget it. The Imperium is certainly going to be the defender of their space, they just aren't going to be stupid enough to apply DominionSov tactics in a FozzieSov world.

• Options
    If nobody wants to be the defender then the risk/reward balance is very off kilter.

Or, ya know, that whole "you need to occupy your space to defend it" bit. It's kinda a big deal, I wouldn't forget it. The Imperium is certainly going to be the defender of their space, they just aren't going to be stupid enough to apply DominionSov tactics in a FozzieSov world.

In no sense have I forgotten it. From a line member perspective, imagine that you have 2 hours to play the game and that it's easy for 2-5 guys in interceptors to force you to spend your entire play session dealing with them rather than actually using your space to make isk and how that impacts you. Even if we ever get scaleable isk sources for 0.0 (not limited by player density) and I make 150m an hour doing activity X, if 1/2 my play session is taken up defending my space the effective value of that space is halved and I'm better off in highsec roaming to null when I want a fight, because now I can always force the space holder to come fight me. Shifting the ability to dictate fight timing to the attacker is a very big change indeed and dramatically lowers the value of sov.

I will admit that this assigns 0 value to 'goodfights' but I would hope that my feelings about that are known by this point.

• Options
    @grumthorn is driven by 'goodfights.'

• Options

In no sense have I forgotten it. From a line member perspective, imagine that you have 2 hours to play the game and that it's easy for 2-5 guys in interceptors to force you to spend your entire play session dealing with them rather than actually using your space to make isk and how that impacts you. Even if we ever get scaleable isk sources for 0.0 (not limited by player density) and I make 150m an hour doing activity X, if 1/2 my play session is taken up defending my space the effective value of that space is halved and I'm better off in highsec roaming to null when I want a fight, because now I can always force the space holder to come fight me. Shifting the ability to dictate fight timing to the attacker is a very big change indeed and dramatically lowers the value of sov.

I will admit that this assigns 0 value to 'goodfights' but I would hope that my feelings about that are known by this point.

If your space is intensely used then your sov indices will be high enough that killing a couple of unsupported inties who self-tackle themselves with an entosis attempt will be pretty trivial

• Options
  • Options
    I don't know that I've ever lost an Ishtar to just interceptors. Most of the people that show up on that list are clearly doing it wrong.

• Options
    @Drain is amazing:

mtOZHKh.png

• Options
    For those not in the know, the CFC is lolrp'ing as some guys from Warhammer 40k. I'm excited for the propaganda pieces. It feels like we hardly get any good propaganda these days.

Friday saw a HERO SotC. To sum it up: "On second thought, let's not go to Delve. It is a silly place. I hear Fountain is p. cool"