Options

fak u [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    That dog does a very good Darth Vader impression!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Cinders wrote: »
    http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRDskZrUMU

Dog learns how to protest in their own language and they just laugh :'(

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Ugh. I think a friend on FB just unironically posted "Thanks Obama" in reaction to the FCC/Internet news.

I'm going to eat ice cream and sob quietly for awhile.
    Aren't they Obama appointees? I honestly have no idea.

They are, that is true. I guess in this case the term fits.

I will still eat ice cream and sob quietly.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

If it was a cat, it would have murdered them in their sleep.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I think the Zenimax guys know what they're doing, and from what I've seen I expect the game to get better over time, not worse. I'd say there's a great chance ESO emerges as a solid top tier MMO.

MMO quality is a pyramid.

The top of the pyramid was COX. Alone.

And now... and now...

<runs sobbing from the room>

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km09WyWT84c

his accent

the things he says

l
    o
    l

poo
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Cat sounds like Hydra material.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SiG where are these LMA shots coming from

is he just wetting endless midrange js, pumping and driving for baskets, posting up, or all three

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    yo icy
    ronya wrote: »
    if (!$Editing && $Session->IsValid()) {
                      echo ' '.Anchor(T('Preview'), '#', 'Button PreviewButton')."\n";
                      echo ' '.Anchor(T('Edit'), '#', 'Button WriteButton Hidden')."\n";
                      if ($NewOrDraft)
                         echo ' '.Anchor(T('Save Draft'), '#', 'Button DraftButton')."\n";
                   }

should be replaceable with
                      echo $this->Form->Button('Preview', array('class' => 'Button PreviewButton', 'type' => 'button'));
                      echo $this->Form->Button('Edit', array('class' => 'Button WriteButton Hidden', 'type' => 'button'));
                      if ($NewOrDraft)
                         echo $this->Form->Button('Save Draft', array('class' => 'Button DraftButton', 'type' => 'button'));
                   }

in views/post/comment.php

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Gonna burn some incense. Gonna burn it down.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I think the Zenimax guys know what they're doing, and from what I've seen I expect the game to get better over time, not worse. I'd say there's a great chance ESO emerges as a solid top tier MMO.

Even now, the occasional bug aside, this game is the most fun I have had in an MMO in a long time.

I hope its sustainable.

Also, bravo on them making a Mac client at launch that looks and runs every bit as good as its windows counterpart.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Come on, roll a 1. Roll a 1.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Come on, roll a 1. Roll a 1.

Geth, roll 2

2 2

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2014
    I mean, I charged into battle against the undead with an Elven Kate Beckinsale at my side today.

Was almost epic enough for me to not notice the stomach flu I am dealing with.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Ultima Online sounds like it was awesome, but it was a little before my time.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Cat sounds like Hydra material.

Cats would eat Hydra.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    yo icy
                      echo ' '.Anchor(T('Preview'), '#', 'Button PreviewButton')."\n";
                      echo ' '.Anchor(T('Edit'), '#', 'Button WriteButton Hidden')."\n";
                      if ($NewOrDraft)
                         echo ' '.Anchor(T('Save Draft'), '#', 'Button DraftButton')."\n";
                   }

should be replaceable with
                      echo $this->Form->Button('Preview', array('class' => 'Button PreviewButton', 'type' => 'button'));
                      echo $this->Form->Button('Edit', array('class' => 'Button WriteButton Hidden', 'type' => 'button'));
                      if ($NewOrDraft)
                         echo $this->Form->Button('Save Draft', array('class' => 'Button DraftButton', 'type' => 'button'));
                   }

in views/post/comment.php

Vanilla is open source?! Icy I have some patches too. There's a bug where all my best cutting remarks are hidden from view some percentage of the time, resulting in greatly reduced agree and awesome counts. Now I understand this is a load-balancing issue, processing all the agrees I'd otherwise get might take down the servers but I think I have come up with some optimizations that should really help out. For example, when I make a post, the forum software could automatically register agrees from everyone in the thread, then allowing one or two people to opt out, thereby greatly reducing transaction count.

Just think about it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Yeah, this is basically the worst thing to happen. Mostly because it's one of those sticky bits. Once the telecoms have additional inflow of money, then they'll be able to pad the balance sheets more effectively to hire lobbyists to keep the true neutral nature of the network away.

Makes me want to move to a state/city/neighborhood with google fibre.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Ostgut was a marriage of the two, and as such created something new—a gay club with mainstream appeal. It became a kind of distillation of the nineties scene. In many respects, Berlin’s queer culture is the city’s most essential and distinguishing element—the coagulant and the zest. It was thus in the twenties and in pre-1989 West Berlin, and remains so today. The clubs are its public face. No one in Berlin is made nervous or embarrassed by the idea of going to a gay club.

I can't wait to go to Germany.

• Options
    Ultima Online sounds like it was awesome, but it was a little before my time.

That was the 4th or 5th MMO I played...

Lets see... my MMO history is:

- Nando.net Trade Wars 2002 (500 concurrent players in an ascii-based loosely star-trekkish trading simulator)
    - Shadow of Yserbius / Fates of Twinion on ImaginNation (Sierra's weird gaming-only america Online)
    - Neverwinter Nights SSI Gold Box MMO on AOL
    - The Realm - a weird Sierra Social MMO that played much like Quest for Glory
    - Ultima Online Beta

So yeah. I am such an old.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2014
    Feral wrote: »
    you know i never played homeworld but i always want to whenever people talk about it

so i am looking forward to that

real talk: i hope you don't hate it

@Feral @Evil Multifarious

Jacob on Homeworld:

- wonderfully minimalist presentation. There is a difference between "spare" and "underdeveloped" and Homeworld falls squarely on the former; in a few very short and largely abstract cutscenes and bits of dialog, you get the impression of a vast galaxy with a rich history but without a one hundred thousand word injection of cruft. And as I recall, the race you play as is never shown - you hear their voices all the time, but they might be lizard people or plucky little Mogwai people or blob people for all you know. (Of course then in the sequel it turns out they are human and your mothership is a hot chick because of course she is.)

- The atmosphere is fantastic. The entire game feels vast and lonely and sad.

- The tech tree is kind of sparse considering you spend the entire campaign climbing it (I think this is an unintended consequence of having the same tech tree for the campaign and the multi).

- Though I think this is somewhat made up for by the formation options (having your ships fly in a wing, a sphere, a claw, etc); most RTS combat is drag, click, point at the enemy, and then, depending on the game, hope that you have a really good micro setup. I really like that you have tactical options that don't rely on having lightning-fast fingers.

- I think the persistent fleet gameplay creates a series of perverse incentives. The optimal strategy ends up being to capture everything you can, particularly those sweet-ass laser frigates that you never learn how to buy. If you are really painstaking and careful (eg, if you have absolutely no fun), you can get an overwhelming force very early on and steamroll the first half of the game. But what's worse is that the developers, knowing this, then overbalance the difficulty to compensate for it - so in some levels, if you haven't been husbanding every ship with maximum anal-retentiveness, you get stomped.

- Too many levels rely on a gimmick (an invincible enemy, solar radiation that keeps you from leaving a dust cloud) rather than the core gameplay. I don't always mind that, and some of the gimmicks are really cool, but it is kind of annoying, particularly when it highlights the deficiencies of the UI (trying to stay inside a really narrow dust tunnel so you don't die is an enormous pain in the ass in 3D).

- All that said, I feel bad about never quite finishing it. I think I got to the last or next-to-last level.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Ostgut was a marriage of the two, and as such created something new—a gay club with mainstream appeal. It became a kind of distillation of the nineties scene. In many respects, Berlin’s queer culture is the city’s most essential and distinguishing element—the coagulant and the zest. It was thus in the twenties and in pre-1989 West Berlin, and remains so today. The clubs are its public face. No one in Berlin is made nervous or embarrassed by the idea of going to a gay club.

Agreed, but I can't wait because of the large amount of amazing beer. My liver will be put on a slow death march through the Bavarian country side.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Hey @‌Geth

tumblr_n3ukf6goux1tqzvqdo1_500.png

488W936.png
  • Options

http://i.imgur.com/lg7XWsX.gif

• Options

SO MANY SPARKLE PARTIES

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    The company that sent me a rejection email on saturday just sent me an email telling me about a job I might be interested in and should apply for.
    The req looks REAL familiar.
    I realize that this is an automated system, but it was automated by dicks.

• Options
    apply again, maybe their preferred pick flaked out?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    SiG where are these LMA shots coming from
    V
    is he just wetting endless midrange js, pumping and driving for baskets, posting up, or all three

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The FCC statement is potentially very worrying.

The EU recently adopted stringent Net Neutrality laws, which in a morbid kind of way will allow an interesting insight in the different paths the EU and the US are taking.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Omg mobile site

Yes jake midrange js alllllll day

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I'm going over the fiction thing I wrote in Writer's Block.

Someone gave a critique which was basically what I was afraid of: it's got a ton of problems. A TON of problems. I figured it wasn't going to be great- I'd figured from the start that the basic concept was better conveyed in a visual medium and I haven't written fiction since 6th grade; it's been exclusively nonfiction since then- but damn and holy shit do I suck at writing fiction.

The purpose was to chiefly provide a framework to show the concept. I don't think I even did well enough to do that.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    apply again, maybe their preferred pick flaked out?

i will. for lolz

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I love this new Hydra stick. Brings me back to my LoMM forum Cthulhu roleplaying days.

488W936.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @So It Goes will create the new thread
    @Cinders is backup

This discussion has been closed.