As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's a new SE++ [Football] thread. Post there.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I enjoyed that

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Everyone needs to see Messi's second goal against Bayern.

Jesus Christ.

• Options
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    C1OukCBh.jpg

Finally got to my first NYCFC game. Started out awful as they conceded a penalty down 1-0 and a defender was sent off. Penalty puts them down 2-0. Somehow they grabbed a point with stoppage time goals in both halves, 2-2. Wound up being an exciting match.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    My hopes may still yet be crushed, but I am excited as hell that Boro will play for promotion in Wembley.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I sincerely hope that your hopes are crushed.

Though if Middlesborough could just stop pretending to be in Yorkshire that would be some consolation.

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that if Newcastle get relegated we get a return of the bananas in pajamas away kit.

• Options
    Looks like we're out of luck, as they have already announced their new kits. Gracing the Championship next season?

newcastle-united-15-16-puma-away-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    That thing is hideous. I'd hoped that the rumors weren't true.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Oh, it may not be true, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if were.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    I mean, it's still better than Liverpool's away/3rd kits from 2013...

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    I am telling myself it's too early for bourbon and then I look at the current score and think, "Yeah, but . . . "

Norwich have looked damn good thus far.

• Options
    Johnny Howson celebrating for Norwich makes me a little bit sick every time.

• Options
    I sincerely hope that your hopes are crushed.

Your wish is granted.

• Options
    It's a hollow victory to find comfort only in the failures of others.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    3 days before Blatter's up for reelection too. Excellent.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    From the New York Times:
    The charges allege widespread corruption in FIFA over the past two decades, involving bids for World Cups as well as marketing and broadcast deals, according to three law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the case. The charges include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, and officials said they targeted members of FIFA’s powerful executive committee, which wields enormous power and does its business largely in secret.

Also:
    Prosecutors planned to unseal an indictment against more than 10 officials, not all of whom are in Zurich, law enforcement officials said. Among them are Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands, a vice president of the executive committee; Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay, who is also an executive committee vice president and until recently was the president of South America’s soccer association; and Jack Warner of Trinidad and Tobago, a former member of the executive committee who has been accused of numerous ethical violations.

Webb is president of CONCACAF. Warner if the former CONCACAF president. I haven't been paying too much attention to Webb's tenure so far, but Warner is a notorious thief and scoundrel. That guy took the notion of blatant, unrepentant corruption to cartoonish levels of villainy.

edit to add link: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-face-corruption-charges-in-us.html?_r=0

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    3 days before Blatter's up for reelection too. Excellent.

He is still going to get reelected, isnt he?

• Options
    They were probably all people who would have voted against him.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Obviously, it's important to wait to hear what he says, but I can't see Blatter considering, even for a second, resigning as President and withdrawing his re-election candidacy. If he remains in situ, which I think is almost a certainty, it would highlight the sheer arrogance of both the man and FIFA. How can you preside over one of the most corrupt Governing bodies in the world and still think you deserve to remain as President!? Any organisation with even a shred of a morals would see FIFA needs a massive overhaul.

It's not as if any of this is a shock either. There have been countless reports and investigations in practices surrounding the World Cup bids and FIFA batted them all away like they were entirely false. Even if there was 0% corruption in the bidding process for Qatar, just the gross amount of fatalities and Human Rights violations taking place in order to build the venues should be enough to put a stop to it but no, the machine keeps on turning and it's abhorrent. Credit to the US and Swiss authorities for actually trying to bring this organisation to justice.

I really hope these arrests and indictments bring about some real change within FIFA but realistically, I don't foresee that happening. It'll just be those arrested who face justice and everyone else is 100% innocent and had no idea what was happening.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This is glorious

Arrest everyone!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    every new development is more bonkers than the last

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Garcia reports get brought out into the open soon. There's a lot of stuff in those that has got to be outright damning to FIFA, and if it can be brought into a court of law (which, considering the Swiss government has a copy now, isn't unlikely) I bet the association is going to completely implode

• Options
    Platini can go fuck off as well.

He just wants the money train for himself and his own cronies.

• Options
    Wonder if John Oliver is going to cover this as a followup to his bit from about a year ago

• Options
    He's a big soccer fan, so it seems likely.

• Options
    The Europa League final has been a great game so far

Dnipro 2-2 Sevilla at half time

• Options
    Blatter getting frog-marched to waiting police vehicles is something I really, really, really want to see.

Unlikely, yes. But it would be fantastic.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Wonder if John Oliver is going to cover this as a followup to his bit from about a year ago

The show has to cover 2 weeks of news (no show last Sunday for Memorial Day) but considering he does followups whenever they happen, I'd say it's a safe bet, especially with this being as major as it is

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    The Europa League final has been a great game so far

Dnipro 2-2 Sevilla at half time
    Sevilla won 3-2. Carlos Bacca looks like a really good striker.

• Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/32461/9867031/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-welcomes-us-investigations

"While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today's action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year."

Blatter is taking credit

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I mean, of course he's doing what he can to stay on top in his personal game of thrones

• Options
    if only a dragon would eat him

• Options
    Wasn't the first statement he released one of shock/surprise that this was happening?

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Burn FIFA to the ground, with every football governing body executive inside. They don't even try to hide the corruption. The men that do get caught end up with a slap on the wrist and back in the game within a few years anyway. The BBC caught Jack Warner with his hands in the till so many times that it was almost funny, and time and time again it was more or less ignored. It's not just FIFA either. I have hope that this time something might change, but only if they can catch Blatter at something. That prick likes his luxury lifestyle far too much to ever let FIFA change while he's in charge.

ZD98Zka.png