As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Thread: Darkrai codes May 1-24th through Gamestop

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Now do one with Brock and an army of Officer Jenny's and Nurse Joy's

That would imply Brock was ever successful in that field. This does not match up with the available evidence.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Heatwave wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Xrc6Mp5.jpg
    img

This is seriously the fucking worst new meme

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I can tell it's been 'shopped.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    no I'm pretty sure all of ash's female companions actually told him they were pregnant in the pokemon cartoon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    But Whippy no you see it is funny because a 12 year old slept with a bunch of other minors and got them all pregnant

Comedy gold!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    bse35frarjnw.jpg
    POKEMON TCG IS COMING TO THE ESHOP

I REPEAT

POKEMON THE CARD GAME IS COMING TO THE NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That is so close to being the actual new pokemon tcg game that I want

so

close

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

so

close

Well I got some bad news .

Gamefreak doesnt release stuff on VC unless there are no plans for a remake

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Lw8nd.gif

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

so

close

It's not a Gamefreak game?

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

so

close

Pretty sure the pokemon company aka most of gamefreak makes calls on stuff like this and their policy on that stuffs been very clear

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    bse35frarjnw.jpg
    POKEMON TCG IS COMING TO THE ESHOP

I REPEAT

POKEMON THE CARD GAME IS COMING TO THE NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Can anyone from a region where this was already released tell me if they made a way for Card Pop to work? It's gonna drive me nuts if I can't get those two exclusive cards.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Can anyone from a region where this was already released tell me if they made a way for Card Pop to work? It's gonna drive me nuts if I can't get those two exclusive cards.

It doesn't, which stinks.

• Options
    FYI I got my ORAS demo code today. Might want to check your all's emails if you are signed up to get one.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

so

close

Pretty sure the pokemon company aka most of gamefreak makes calls on stuff like this and their policy on that stuffs been very clear

Yeah they're never going to make it when they have that magic online-like game where it's all real money

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Mega Swampert is swole as hell.

• Options
    The modern TCG kind of sucks anyway.

~12 Pokemon, all Legendary and/or EX
    ~12 energy
    ~36 trainers

That's like every single competitive deck.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I wouldn't want the modern game with its insane power creep. Just translate the Pokemon TCG2 for the GameBoy already. It's got the Team Rocket expansion and a ton of new cards, some unique to the game and some from Japanese vending machine sets that never came to the US.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    To be fair, they've introduced more regular Pokemon that kick the shit out of EX cards.

• Options
    I find it funny that back in the day when I played the TCG, a pokemon with 70hp was pretty burly, and even the tankiest of dudes capped out at 120. Attacks that hit for 30+ were super good, and entire decks were built around mons that could do 30+ damage efficiently.

Now a days, 60hp is basically the minimum, and some EX mons go all the way up to 230. And they need it, since attacks that do 100+ damage are super common.

The last few times I've played the modern TCG, it devolved into who could get a mon capable of one-shotting everything set up first.

Which I guess is kind of an accurate representation of how the multiplayer in the video games often goes, but blech.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    My friends and I like to play the TCG when we meet up as something to pass the time, but as I'm the only one with any cards I've taken to just making a bunch of balanced decks, basically just theme decks with the gaps filled, and letting them use those. Much more fun.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    remember.... haymaker

• Options
    Dang, my area gets Glalie instead of Steelix in the demo.

Mega Glalie is super dumb. He still doesn't animate at all, just floats there with his big dumb mouth hanging open.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Area? Are there different demos?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Area? Are there different demos?

OK I thought it was by area but turns out it's by country.
    Today, The Pokémon Company International officially revealed Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie and, in doing so, confirmed that for US trainers, Mega Glalie will be the Pokémon obtainable by players and able to send to the main games making it available to North America, Europe and Korea while Japan gets Mega Steelix. The US Demo will be distributed from tomorrow through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter, which can be signed up for on the official site, but you need to sign up today so be sure to make sure you have signed up for it.

So Japan is keeping the cool mega all to themselves, the bastards. :x

edit: also for people that missed the sign up for the trainer club newsletter, Serebii says you'll also be able to get the demo by
    Serebii wrote:
    • Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
    • Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
    • Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
    • You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You'll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
    • Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
    • Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24-Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Mega Glalie is pretty cool imo. However, Steelix is already cool and Glalie is not. Therefore Mega Steelix is still better.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mega Glalie is still not as cool as regular old Froslass, but I kind of appreciate it's big dumb pac-man mouth, it has some neat elements to its design.

• Options
    I really like mega glalie. I think it's a pretty scary design! And he was already terrifying already

• Options
    I just wanted to play through OR with a shiny mega steelix :( .

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I very much doubt MGlalie or MSteelix will be locked solely to the demos, with any luck both those Mega Stones will show up in the game proper.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I very much doubt MGlalie or MSteelix will be locked solely to the demos, with any luck both those Mega Stones will show up in the game proper.

Yeah but probably not until the end of the game.

I've got a level 20 shiny Steelix sitting on my SS cart that I wanted to use for the whole game.

I guess I'll have to try and rustle up a trade after I get the game.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Or use regular Steelix during the game, then give it a mega stone at the end of the game as a reward for all its hard work. Then you and MegaSteelix can go hunting for legendaries together.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mega Steelix is terrible though.

It still has crap special defense . They just dumped all these points in a defense stat that didn't need it and gave it sand force but weather is shit/ubers only now.

• Options
    I've had plenty of success with a Sandstorm team, plus there's the Sp Def boost from that.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok, lets say I lost my 3DS and I had Pokemon X downloaded on there, if I get a new 3DS can I get my game back?

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok, lets say I lost my 3DS and I had Pokemon X downloaded on there, if I get a new 3DS can I get my game back?

nope

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    if your copy was registered on club nintendo and you're lucky they might give you another copy if you contact them

but all downloads are tied to hardware

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Is it too late to obtain the ORAS demo?

This discussion has been closed.