As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Es la hora de ORAS

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    I may be able to breed you that Garchomp @Alecthar

I'd like to get in in on that HA Gibble action too if it's not too much trouble. I posted a list of my HA pokes earlier in this thread somewhere.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    edited for oopsie.

DudemanX on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    urahonky wrote: »
    Grr.. All I want is a Staryu, why are they so stubborn!?

I have one for you if you'd like.

Ah not yet... I like to try and capture all I can :) Thank you for the offer though.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I can breed jolly gibles for all.

Wonder trading is useless. I traded a box of HA Bulbasaurs, and I didn't get anything useful aside from a HA Totodile, but I already have that and traded it away. I still have a bunch of 5-6 IV HA Calm ones with 4 egg moves, if anyone needs it still.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular

Wonder trading is useless. I traded a box of HA Bulbasaurs, and I didn't get anything useful aside from a HA Totodile, but I already have that and traded it away. I still have a bunch of 5-6 IV HA Calm ones with 4 egg moves, if anyone needs it still.

Could I snag one with the extra Destiny Knot you mentioned to me?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Wonder Trade is something I do while engaged in something else, like watching a movie or cooking. The way I see it, best case scenario I get cool Pokemon, worst case scenario I am swimming in Pokemiles to buy Heart Scales/Vitamins with. I also generally don't trade anything with less than 3 IVs, simply to reduce the amount I am trading, because one cannot wonder trade their life away.

@Bartholamue I'd be glad to take one of those Bulbasaur off your hands. I mean, I already have a Timid and a Modest Venusaur, so might as well start rounding out my collection!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Welp, thanks to my genius move of forgetting my 3DS at work (Sundays are slow) I'm not gonna be able to even try to marathon some competition games here near the end of things. I finish with a stratospheric 2-1 record on the back of my team:

1vqfp6hw7vhx.png

Sarcasm aside, it was a fun few games given that it was my first real team (in the sense that it wasn't just a thrown together amalgam of whatever I had laying about that wasn't terrible). MVPs would have to be Rotom-W, for being awesome; Kangaskhan, for the always brilliant opening turn Fake Out; and Garchomp, for hitting a number of clutch Rock Slide flinches.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Could I snag one with the extra Destiny Knot you mentioned to me?

Yup, and I can give one to you too @TDawg. I'll be breeding some trained HA Tyrunts too, so look out for that as well.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    We don't have some sort of G&T-list of secret bases, do we?

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    Ugh, teambuilding for this next competition already sucks. Dragon Ascent is the bane of my existence. I genuinely do not understand whoever thought "Hmm, you know what Mega Rayquaza needs? A better Draco Meteor that isn't Dragon-Type!"

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Golduck shuts it down outright.

By the way, I'm online for a bit, if anyone wanted to get one of my Bulbasaur's.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    I'll hop on now!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Because I got lucky while watching Twin Peaks tonight on a roll, I now have HA Tyrunt (Jolly, Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang) available- I don't have any 4/5 IV stock because I just kinda jumped there spontaneously. It was cool. But if people want some, I will be glad to breed more tomorrow.

• Options
    So last night I learned that the GTS isn't total crap anymore because you can actually type in pokemon names instead of just use names that you're already seen. Hooray! Most of you were probably aware of this already but as someone coming from Gen V this was a pretty big discovery.

In related news... I now have a HA Chespin.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Huh, did not know that. Maybe there is hope to finish my pokedex after all...
    Needs me that shiny charm.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Woohoo got a Staryu!

... And his stats suck. Damn.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Woo, missed the Eon Ticket event! Go me!

Does the eon ticket Pokemon come with anything special (Soul Dew)? If not, it's not a big deal.

Edit: After some research, it seems that you DO get the Soul Dew via Eon Ticket. Well shit. I hope they have another event, but I'm not counting on it. :(

Edit 2: Is there some way to use the home-relay streetpass dealie to get an Eon Ticket?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

Does the eon ticket Pokemon come with anything special (Soul Dew)? If not, it's not a big deal.

Edit: After some research, it seems that you DO get the Soul Dew via Eon Ticket. Well shit. I hope they have another event, but I'm not counting on it. :(

Edit 2: Is there some way to use the home-relay streetpass dealie to get an Eon Ticket?

Yes, if you run into someone with the Eon Ticket it will give you one via StreetPass.

• Options
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »

Yes, if you run into someone with the Eon Ticket it will give you one via StreetPass.

Is it just the first ones given, or will the one given out this weekend also pass?

• Options
    I presume all Eon Tickets work the same, and all will streetpass to people. This event was more of a revitalization/chance for people in very rural areas to get it.

Also, Nintendo Zone streetpasses (ie McDonalds/Best Buy/Whatever Does It These Days) do transfer the Eon Ticket, because they register as normal streetpasses. The only thing that doesn't count is PSS Passerbys that load up when you connect to the internet in-game.

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    I presume all Eon Tickets work the same, and all will streetpass to people. This event was more of a revitalization/chance for people in very rural areas to get it.

Also, Nintendo Zone streetpasses (ie McDonalds/Best Buy/Whatever Does It These Days) do transfer the Eon Ticket, because they register as normal streetpasses. The only thing that doesn't count is PSS Passerbys that load up when you connect to the internet in-game.

If that's the case, that's great. My coworker got the ticket, so I can get it from her.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Okay, so I have some stuff lying around, maybe some of you folks might be interested:

HA Fletchling (pretty sure they're all Adamant, most probably have 3-4 max IVs)
    HA Froakie (they're all Timid, maybe 2-5 max IVs)
    HA Foonguss (all Calm, 2-5 max IVs)
    HA Totodile (all Adamant, all with at least Ice Punch/Crunch, some with Ice Punch/Crunch/Dragon Dance, some with Ice Punch/Crunch/Dragon Dance/Aqua Jet, IVs are all over the place)
    HA Eevee (all Modest, no Egg moves, no idea about IVs)
    Ferroseed (all Relaxed, all with Leech Seed, 0 Speed IV and 2-3 other IVs at max)

I've also got some Charmanders, if anyone is in need of one with at least a start on good IVs. Timid and Modest with no egg moves, Adamant with Dragon Pulse and Dragon Dance for egg moves.

PM me to let me know and we can work out a time. Just make sure to have some Zigzagoons or something to trade for what you want.

Edit: I added a 4th egg move to Totodile, and I forgot that Leech Seed is an egg move, all the Ferroseeds have it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Riokenn wrote: »

If people would go all the way to the bottom and click 'What Pokemon?' this wouldn't be an issue.

I bred some HA transfer only pokemon if anyone wants them. Patrat, Burmy, Shellder, Karrablast..

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

If people would go all the way to the bottom and click 'What Pokemon?' this wouldn't be an issue.

I bred some HA transfer only pokemon if anyone wants them. Patrat, Burmy, Shellder, Karrablast..

Actually it still sorta is. Crazy people want legendaries for Mankey, Seel, Grimer, Dudrio, etc. This is insane.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options

Actually it still sorta is. Crazy people want legendaries for Mankey, Seel, Grimer, Dudrio, etc. This is insane.

You still can't really browse for a trade you want because of nonsense like that. The trick is to just post something like a starter, Eevee, Ditto, or something else sought after but reasonable and request the pokemon you want in return.

• Options
    Yeah. It's much better to put something up than to look for something on the GTS.

• Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    *bangs head on desk*

So I'm playing through Pokemon White after a lengthy absence from Pokemon games. I'm at the Desert Resort, my Munna (Munnatalkz) reaches level 25 and it can learn a move called Synchronoise. It has 70 base power (current attack, Psybeam, is only 65) so I decide to learn it.

The first time I try to use it and it tells me Daramanka, a fire type, is not affected by it. Alarm bells ring. Why is a fire type not affected by a psychic type move? I'm trying to avoid Serebii and Smogon during this play through, but I've had to see what the hell is going on. Apparently Synchronoise only affects Pokemon of the same type as the user? So that's great. My team's Psychic-Type is now completely frigging useless.

*bangs head once more*

I've just captured a Sigilglyph (Meg Glyphn) but damn it, I liked Munna! The description of the move is absolutely terrible. When it said "damages Pokemon of the same type around it" I figured that meant if you attacked a Pokemon in a 2 v 2 battle and both opponents were the same type then they would both receive damage.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    well, just erase the new move and give her the old one back.
    Or you could level her up some more and learn the next version of Psybeam.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    well, just erase the new move and give her the old one back.
    Or you could level her up some more and learn the next version of Psybeam.

Erase the new move? If he's only at the desert resort then the move tutor is still a ways away.

• Options
    I never played Black/White, so I'm sorry for the early advice.
    but leveling the Munna up should solve the issue. She's just 25.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So I just finished the last Gym and opened up the ability to go to the Elite Four. It seems like more pokemon have showed up everywhere though so my question is this: Do they show up in the grass still or is it only with the Detective Mode or whatever? I have been running around for like 20 minutes trying to find a new pokemon off near the start of the game and have only seen the initial pokemon in the grass. The only time I've ever seen a new one is through the Detective Mode.

• Options
    ORAS? The new pokémons show up after you get the cover legendary.
    If you go a gold crown for the area in the Déxnav it means that you got all the "normal" pokés up to that point (before getting Groudon or Kyogre). It actually means you got all pokés you could get from grass, fishing and surfing. Then, after that point, you can get the platinum crown for catching all the hidden search pokémons.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    So I just finished the last Gym and opened up the ability to go to the Elite Four. It seems like more pokemon have showed up everywhere though so my question is this: Do they show up in the grass still or is it only with the Detective Mode or whatever? I have been running around for like 20 minutes trying to find a new pokemon off near the start of the game and have only seen the initial pokemon in the grass. The only time I've ever seen a new one is through the Detective Mode.

They only appear as hidden pokemon. You don't have to use the DexNav (you can't until you've seen one anyway) but they only appear as the ones you have to sneak up on.

• Options
    It's a LOT easier to trade them from other games than it is to wait around for them to show up. Like, its cool that they are there, but...its not a practical way to catch them (the first time, anyway).

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    @Stormwatcher My Pokémon Bank subscription expired, but I'm not reloading my eShop balance yet. Want an already nicknamed Gengar with Sludge Wave?

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    It's a LOT easier to trade them from other games than it is to wait around for them to show up. Like, its cool that they are there, but...its not a practical way to catch them (the first time, anyway).

It can be time consuming, but my HA Ralts and HA Eevee were caught in ORAS, and each of those only took an hour or so of work to catch. I can imagine it's different depending on the route, but it's not too crazy. I wouldn't say it's impractical. It's less practical than trading for them, but if that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, the hidden pokemon aren't too crazy hard to obtain.

• Options
    Sure, I love gengars!
    Lemme know what time you'll be around. I do need to make a couple more trade evos. All these god damned trade evos.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
  • Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    Munna learns Future Sight in two more levels, so although it's a bit if a pain switching him in/out, at least it's not a total disaster.

I'm enjoying my time in Nimbasa City at the moment. I have 3 different routes to explore, so I can mix up my grinding sessions a little, the city seems to have a lot of activities (haven't really explored yet) and I just caught my first Ghost Pokemon - Yamask. I love me a Ghost type :D

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    I'm online now.

Thanks man! A few more steps in getting the pokédex complete.

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.