Options

[Pokemon] Es la hora de ORAS

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I don't understand the logic behind trading genned pokemon. What could you possibly be trying to get that is easier to acquire by deceiving someone in a trade that you couldn't merely gen yourself from scratch in a fraction of the time?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    What about Greninja is so dangerous for Mega Rayquaza?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I don't understand the logic behind trading genned pokemon. What could you possibly be trying to get that is easier to acquire by deceiving someone in a trade that you couldn't merely gen yourself from scratch in a fraction of the time?

The knowledge that at some point, some kid is going to fail a hacking check and get disqualified from the official Nintendo tournament that was to be the high point of his year.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I mean I say this as someone who is planning on using a Klefiki/Swagger+ Mega Rayquaza/ExtremeSpeed combo but yeah, just a douche move.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

The knowledge that at some point, some kid is going to fail a hacking check and get disqualified from the official Nintendo tournament that was to be the high point of his year.
    Oh yeah. I forgot how terrible the built in hack check stuff is. If Nintendo was doing their job properly, you wouldn't even be able to battle with pokemon in an illegal configuration.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Oh, no, I'm not gonna do anything. I'm just sayin'.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I'm sorely tempted by the Darkrai and Meoletta

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I took a look around the options, too many shinies. would prefer "normal" event super rares.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

They may have beefed it up since the Gen V tournament I went to, but they were really just looking for impossible combinations, I don't think hacks even came into the picture. So no extra EVs, Pokemon with moves they shouldn't have, caught in a strange location, etc. I remember one person I had sort of hung out with at the tournament failed the "hack check" with his Amoonguss- it knew Spore a few levels earlier than it should have (though, as he claimed, Foongus learned it earlier enough for it to pass, but by that point the tournament had already continued, it was pretty awful). To the game, those genned Pokemon are basically indistinguishable unless you are stupid enough to make a Hoopa that hatched in Pallet Town.

I'm not supporting it, and I don't deal in them because I am prideful as all hell, but if you're worried that its going to kick you out of a tournament...you're probably safe. I think the people who trade them away either like to feel devious sending people less-than-genuine Pokemon, or like to think that they are giving someone a nice treat.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular

He's faster than unboosted Jolly Mega Ray, and even when Delta Stream is running a STAB Ice Beam from him stands a good chance to OHKO Mega Ray. For Generation Showdown I saw a few people running Greninja and something like Mienshao to Fake Out a lead Ray to guarantee the KO, or to disrupt a Togekiss with Follow Me.

It's not like he's a hard counter (it's tough to hard counter the best Mega), but he's really good in general (because Protean's stupid cool) and he's relatively common. Also, it's mostly to say that I don't know if I'd lead Ray, even in 4v4 doubles, both to avoid leading into a good counter for him, and to keep him available to switch in for weather changing.

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

They may have beefed it up since the Gen V tournament I went to, but they were really just looking for impossible combinations, I don't think hacks even came into the picture. So no extra EVs, Pokemon with moves they shouldn't have, caught in a strange location, etc. I remember one person I had sort of hung out with at the tournament failed the "hack check" with his Amoonguss- it knew Spore a few levels earlier than it should have (though, as he claimed, Foongus learned it earlier enough for it to pass, but by that point the tournament had already continued, it was pretty awful). To the game, those genned Pokemon are basically indistinguishable unless you are stupid enough to make a Hoopa that hatched in Pallet Town.

I'm not supporting it, and I don't deal in them because I am prideful as all hell, but if you're worried that its going to kick you out of a tournament...you're probably safe. I think the people who trade them away either like to feel devious sending people less-than-genuine Pokemon, or like to think that they are giving someone a nice treat.

It wouldn't be so tempting if soft-resetting to get acceptable competitive legendaries, like Landorus and Cresselia, weren't so impossibly, incredibly, insanely tedious.

• Options
    Alecthar wrote: »

He's faster than unboosted Jolly Mega Ray, and even when Delta Stream is running a STAB Ice Beam from him stands a good chance to OHKO Mega Ray. For Generation Showdown I saw a few people running Greninja and something like Mienshao to Fake Out a lead Ray to guarantee the KO, or to disrupt a Togekiss with Follow Me.

It's not like he's a hard counter (it's tough to hard counter the best Mega), but he's really good in general (because Protean's stupid cool) and he's relatively common. Also, it's mostly to say that I don't know if I'd lead Ray, even in 4v4 doubles, both to avoid leading into a good counter for him, and to keep him available to switch in for weather changing.

Hmm I think boosted Extreme Speed should net me the OHKO there but I'll keep an eye out for it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Prankster'd Swagger goes after Extreme Speed.

• Options
    Well then.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

To add on to this response, it's not about Speed resolution for moves with the same priority, it's that since Gen V Extreme Speed is actually two priorities higher than normal, rather than +1, meaning it outspeeds normal increased priority like Quick Attack and Sucker Punch, or normal-priority moves that were raised on priority level by Prankster. It's still slower than Protect and the like.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Nobody has given out HA Tyrunt yet, right? If not, I'll breed up a batch after I finish my current project. The way they distribute them is pretty interesting- the GL generates a one-time use code for you.

• Options
    I'd love to get one! I tried to breed my Tyrantrum, but I don't think he breeds.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Sorry I haven't been able to get them. I just haven't went through my events yet. It's on there, though, and I'm getting through my events slowly. I finally have a decent Serperior I can breed

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Don't feel obligated to do it! I was just offering cause I've got one now and its a relatively easy task- I have a few Tyrunt from wonder trade that are loaded up with egg moves already, making them all kiss a bunch won't be too hard.

Aaaand I just finished up my current project- Jigglypuff! Modest, with four egg moves- Wish, Gravity, Fake Tears, and Heal Pulse. I don't plan on using any of them, but instead using it as a Competitive Sweeper (a fun Intimidate counter), but the line has such a fun move pool I thought it would be nice to throw some extras on there. Oh, and they are in Premier Balls! As always, I have some 4 IV, and one 5 IV leftover up for grabs.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

The name means "most fast".

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Yo, I got Johto-starters from Bank.

• Options
    Urgh, I'm so far behind on breeding my doubles team, I'm gonna miss the first day at least. Anyone doing anything fun for the online comp? This noob's running (or planning on it, at least) something pretty standard: Kanga, Hydreigon, Amoonguss, Rotom-W, Aegislash, Garchomp (no Lando-T yet...).

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Just beat Delta Episode and boy was that awesome!

Not only were there some amazing moments but it had so much heart
    Zinnia is probably my favorite Pokemon character. The feels I felt when it was implied that she had lost her daughter. Man, I was not expecting that at all. I also love how insane she looks in battle. Now that's someone you don't want to mess with.

The relationship between the player character and their friend was also cute. I really enjoyed how that progressed throughout the game and how it didn't try to force romance on the player, and instead just left the door open as a possibility.

Also, how fucking sick was it when you rode Rayquaza into space and then plowed right through that meteor?! I really hope Game Freak do something simalar in their next game because that was so damn awesome!

Overall I'm really satisfied with Omega Ruby.

There are a lot of improvements from XY, such as the DexNav, soaring through the sky, an easier means of finding legendaries (still haven't gotten Zapdos from X), a fantastic post game story, and according to websites a a better selection with the move tutors. However I do worry that the next game will remove features just so they bring them back in later game. They've already done this before with the tutors, friend safari and the last berry farm.

Like I'll probably just buy keep buying the games anyway, but it'd be nice didn't do any cuts.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll try to catch Deoxys again because I killed it the first time and didn't want to restart all the way from the catching Rayquaza again. The Eon Ticket should be released by then as well so that's cool. :)

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Just beat Delta Episode and boy was that awesome!

Not only were there some amazing moments but it had so much heart
    Zinnia is probably my favorite Pokemon character. The feels I felt when it was implied that she had lost her daughter. Man, I was not expecting that at all. I also love how insane she looks in battle. Now that's someone you don't want to mess with.

The relationship between the player character and their friend was also cute. I really enjoyed how that progressed throughout the game and how it didn't try to force romance on the player, and instead just left the door open as a possibility.

Also, how fucking sick was it when you rode Rayquaza into space and then plowed right through that meteor?! I really hope Game Freak do something simalar in their next game because that was so damn awesome!

Overall I'm really satisfied with Omega Ruby.

There are a lot of improvements from XY, such as the DexNav, soaring through the sky, an easier means of finding legendaries (still haven't gotten Zapdos from X), a fantastic post game story, and according to websites a a better selection with the move tutors. However I do worry that the next game will remove features just so they bring them back in later game. They've already done this before with the tutors, friend safari and the last berry farm.

Like I'll probably just buy keep buying the games anyway, but it'd be nice didn't do any cuts.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll try to catch Deoxys again because I killed it the first time and didn't want to restart all the way from the catching Rayquaza again. The Eon Ticket should be released by then as well so that's cool. :)

The nice part about KOing Deoxys on the first run is that he's vastly quicker to soft-reset without the cutscene.

• Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    I'd love to get one! I tried to breed my Tyrantrum, but I don't think he breeds.

I'd recommend some wine, smooth jazz and mood lighting. Always does the trick for me ;)

• Options
    bow chicka wow

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    tumblr_nkcjs7HfH81sk5oq0o1_1280.png

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oh hey, looks like they brought the Eon Ticket distribution to Europe after all. The code is POKEMON380381

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Don't feel obligated to do it! I was just offering cause I've got one now and its a relatively easy task- I have a few Tyrunt from wonder trade that are loaded up with egg moves already, making them all kiss a bunch won't be too hard.

Aaaand I just finished up my current project- Jigglypuff! Modest, with four egg moves- Wish, Gravity, Fake Tears, and Heal Pulse. I don't plan on using any of them, but instead using it as a Competitive Sweeper (a fun Intimidate counter), but the line has such a fun move pool I thought it would be nice to throw some extras on there. Oh, and they are in Premier Balls! As always, I have some 4 IV, and one 5 IV leftover up for grabs.

I'll take the Leftovers one of no one claimed it yet!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    So the Australia Eon Ticket code is the same as the European code.

Would have been nice is the official website actually posted the code but whatever, they still have until Monday to do it

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Man, Rotom-W over here doing work. Also, Dark Void is incredibly lame. Really good, obviously, but also irritating as hell and no fun.

• Options
    As much as I disparage seemingly over-centralized metagames, its hard to deny Rotom-W its rightful place. It is just too good. Plus, its a washing machine, which is awesome.

• Options
    @QuantumShaddow I PM'd you about the Jigglys.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    As much as I disparage seemingly over-centralized metagames, its hard to deny Rotom-W its rightful place. It is just too good. Plus, its a washing machine, which is awesome.

It's sheer ubiquity makes its use seem...well let's go with unoriginal, but that defensive typing, yo! And there's an undeniable elegance to the moveset. Sure, you're only looking at like 8 possible options, but between them it's got everything you need.

Edit: I've also been pleasantly surprised with the utility of Scarf Garchomp. Mine has good IVs, but I don't have an HA Gible (speaking of which, does anybody out there have a spare lying around?) so I'm stuck with Sand Veil. Outspeeding Landorus-T has resulted in some seriously clutch Rock Slide flinches, though.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I may be able to breed you that Garchomp @Alecthar

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    I love, love, LOVE the secret base Blissey exploit.

I'm levelling up my pokemon crazy fast :biggrin:

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    I may be able to breed you that Garchomp @Alecthar

That would be awesome! PM me when/if you're able to trade. Are you looking for anything in particular?
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I love, love, LOVE the secret base Blissey exploit.

I'm levelling up my pokemon crazy fast :biggrin:

I love that it's not really an exploit in the traditional sense. They can't patch Blissey out.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Grr.. All I want is a Staryu, why are they so stubborn!?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Grr.. All I want is a Staryu, why are they so stubborn!?

I have one for you if you'd like.

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Anyone around now to help me evolve my Haunter?

QGqFhNv.png
This discussion has been closed.