As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I BRING YOU [Love]

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Well, it'll be something at least.

I am en route but I think I'll be looking extra forward to drinks with y'all Thursday!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    No Friday

I won't be there till Friday

Save a drink for me

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    No Friday

Save a drink for me

100% of alcohol in Seattle gone in one drunken rampage Thursday night.

Everyone resigned to drinking tears of ceres all weekend.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yes

The tears of me

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    No Friday

Save a drink for me

100% of alcohol in Seattle gone in one drunken rampage Thursday night.

Everyone resigned to drinking tears of ceres all weekend.

I see you've partied with us before...

• Options
    Noooo save me some...

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    I just realized like, a week ago that we can have disagreements and it doesn't necessarily mean the relationship will end.

I find this a bit alarming. Not in a patronizing way, but in a "what the heck kinds of relationships have you been in you poor sod" way.

None of my previous relationships have ever really had the possiblity of having a long-term future before, so I guess it always subconsciously became a decision of "have a very unpleasant fight, and maybe be okay afterwards, or just avoid the phone fighting part and just break up instead"

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I see this thread has gone places.

And people have done things.

And certain people shouldn't be doing things.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    drunk kayaking with our exs!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    I would do that

assuming I get to specify the ex

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I would do that

assuming I get to specify the ex

oh me too

well, not the drunk part, but yeah

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I just checked the forums for the first time today

My birthday is Monday.

It's time....

:(

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    None of that made sense to me. And leaves me with nothing but questions.

Is that out of the ordinary or of import?
    Great! Do you have fun plans?
    Time for what?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

Time for what?

I'm getting old.

I'm slowing down

Tell me we're going to the park and drive to the vet.

• Options

Time for what?

I'm getting old.

I'm slowing down

:(

• Options
    Instead of that how about we go get tattoos or something

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    dickbutt

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    pffffffft yeah yeah relentless march of time whatever

somebody's got a birthday coming up and their steam wishlist is empty

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Sis. :c

• Options
    Metalbourne

Instead of all that

Make out with me Sunday

Because seriously, you're gorgeous and beautiful and powerful and whether or not you want to make out with me I hope I at least get to see you there.

You are amazing. Keep being amazing.

• Options
    Metalbourne is good at making out.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    for real though MB you are the raddest and the sexiest of ladies and a number going up ain't mean shit

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Time for what?

I'm getting old.

I'm slowing down

How about Fuck that.

Be what you are, in the time you are in. Ain't no jive turkey like Time gonna tell me what's up.

Slowing down. How about only to slap life on the ass.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, we can just ask people to make out when it's our birthday?

New present for my birthday that just passed: just make out with everyone

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

making a note of this because i've been missing out

also i think my mood these days has been mightily affected by my diet.

also also what is the general consensus here on journaling/diary/personal writing for oneself? i've done it in the past but then i read what i've written and i'm mortified and resolve to never do it again

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Oh hi Love thread, didn't see you there. I missed you. How've you been?

I think I need to break up with my girlfriend :C

• Options

also also what is the general consensus here on journaling/diary/personal writing for oneself? i've done it in the past but then i read what i've written and i'm mortified and resolve to never do it again

If you're not in a place where you can easily start fires to burn paper diaries, you could always get an online blog and then delete it when you get ashamed.

I remember fairly recently finding my Xanga log in info, skimming my blog posts from when I was an angry, angsty 12 year old or something, and burning that shit to the ground.

There's no need for a Xanga now when you're an angry, angsty 25 year old.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

http://mortifiednation.com/

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

If you're not in a place where you can easily start fires to burn paper diaries, you could always get an online blog and then delete it when you get ashamed.

I remember fairly recently finding my Xanga log in info, skimming my blog posts from when I was an angry, angsty 12 year old or something, and burning that shit to the ground.

There's no need for a Xanga now when you're an angry, angsty 25 year old.

yeah maybe i'll boot up the ol' notepad.exe

fuck, i dunno. probably need sleep

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options

I try to pretty regularly! I find it helps with the brain spiders

That said, ain't no reason you've got to go back and read previous entries--shit, I even delete them after a little while

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »

http://mortifiednation.com/

I've never been a real life paper journal guy, so I'm probably the wrong person for this, but as time goes on, will an event like this be easier or harder to do? They say the internet never forgets, but I probably couldn't find my old Xanga blogs. I bet it's way easier for some people to dig out their old diaries and whatnot.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Love thread, I am 15 days away from my divorce being final and I am feeling a wide range of emotions about it

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    hella hugs max

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Love thread, I really want to kiss some people.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    hella hugs max

<3

It's a good thing, and a bad thing, and a hindsight thing. I just didn't want to see that it would not have worked out. And it didn't.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I have never had smooches on my birthday.

Every year, I keep going "I need to do something so next year will be better" and it never happens.

One of these times!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    @metalbourne Sending you all the hugs.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    If you can go on a two person kayak without killing each other, then it is a successful day.

The longer you've been together, the more impressive that gets.

Took the wife and I six years to figure out that us using a two person kayak is just never a good idea.

We were at a lake house the other week and we didn't even have to talk about it. There was a two person kayak and two singles. We each hopped into a single and did our own thing. It was for the best.

It's also our six year anniversary tomorrow. Her parents are gonna watch the baby and we're gonna do the whole dinner and a movie thing. Pretty stoked!

My partner and I did the Avon Descent last year (well, some of it anyway, we were too slow and got timed out). We had multiple screaming arguments at different times during the race. At one point when we had been struggling to maneuvre a particularly tricky spot for about half an hour, I jumped out of the boat, tipped her out of the boat into the water, picked up the boat, carried it about 50 metres downstream and threw it past the last part of the obstruction (it's nearly 17 feet long and weighs about 65 pounds fully loaded), picked her up and carried her past the obstruction, then placed her in the boat and climbed back in myself, much of the time literally roaring with rage.

It was our 15 year anniversary in July, and we're planning to do the race again next year...

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    re: journaling

it depends on what works for you; there are lots of strategies out there and if you think it could be helpful, give it a go

something I do suggest though is to be discerning about what you're likely to keep and want to re-read

as an example, rather than a notebook, get loose sheets of paper - even old envelopes cut open as blank surfaces so that you're recycling as well will work

after you're done writing, put it into 1 of 3 "buckets" or "piles":
    1) happy, inspiring things to keep
    2) everything else

bucket 1 is kept forever because they are things that remind you of good times; not everyone has this bucket but for some people it can be nice to have, to remind you of past triumphs or happier moments when things weren't so shitty

bucket 2 is stuff that should be getting emptied/thrown out/shredded regularly. this is for problems you realistically can't solve, worries you can't resolve or over which you have no control, stuff that's stressing you out, for ranting/venting, etc

in fact, how you dispose of bucket 2 can be therapeutic - acknowledge the thought (because it's there), without judgement (because thoughts come and go, often with no control), chuck it out and symbolically make space for you to deal with more the next day or the next week or however frequently you need it

you can adapt the system however you like - one nice leather bound notebook for bucket 1 and a shredder for bucket 2, as an example; or two separate online journals, one of which you purge every week

I've heard suggestions for a 3rd bucket where you put problems that need solving but don't have time for right now, and this bucket gets checked at a designated time in the day or week; you don't GET to worry about these problems until your chosen time in the day or week, so as worries come up and you record them, it's easier to put them away because you know they'll get their due later

and sometimes, when your "problem-solving" appointment comes around, you realize those problems aren't bothering you anymore, so it all just goes into bucket 2 for disposal anyway

the only way to know for sure is to try; if you think you're the kind of person for whom re-reading past worries and problems and negatives will be stressful and likely make you feel shitty, remove them!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ok, so I know I haven't given an update since I last talked about the lady at the candy store. Heading into the city is a bit of a trip and with work I've only been able to do it once a week, and I hadn't had any luck with the days I picked.

But, today was different. I struck up a conversation and she was super-friendly and knowledgeable about the gourmet chocolate, and the one she recommended the most was really good. I could have asked her out then if I was feeling bold, but baby steps, I wanted to build up a good impression.

Next time though, I am definitely asking her out.

This discussion has been closed.