Options

Super Smash Bros. - Vote on Tournament Times!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    What are the characters that are going to be in the demo, by the way? I rather want to try Rock and Rosalina.

On the note of which, I am usually a purist for the original names and stuff, but Rosalina's name in the Spanish translation of Galaxy is so much better I might just keep calling her Estela, Smash or no Smash. It's an actual name, it has connotations related to both space (being etymologically related to the spanish word for stellar) and comets (it's the word for the brilliant trail of a comet), and it sounds nicer.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Looks like the Pics of the Day are gone for good :( Kinda weird that they'd just stop without any kind of announcement whatsoever.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Maybe official miiverse posts are on hold while the current security flaw is in place?

(Someone has found a way to post any image to miiverse using a specific 3DS game - and yes, people are posting terrible things)

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    Maybe official miiverse posts are on hold while the current security flaw is in place?

(Someone has found a way to post any image to miiverse using a specific 3DS game - and yes, people are posting terrible things)

I hate people

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Interesting. Looks like a lot of moves are actually slower in this version, which is weird because overall it feels pretty quick.

I think what this may be missing is that some moves seem to be quicker if they actually connect with an opponent. (Or maybe there's just more hitstun.)There seems to be a penalty for whiffing attacks, particularly with smash attacks.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

I hate people

This makes me mad. And then I start missing swapnote. :(

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Swapnote could have been a stage.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

King K Rool is literally the worst character Rare came up with.

Wrong.

Lanky_Kong.jpg

Are you kidding? Lanky was awesome despite having no grace.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    BTW, I read on Twitter that today is national holiday in Japan, which explains why there was a picture of the day today.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It was just super late. But oh joy, more menus!
    Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM
    Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Wow, that was a super late post. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Does anybody need a demo code still? PM me, got a few extra!

Codes claimed, sending them out now!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    spiderpat01spiderpat01 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Message sent! And @Kid Presentable is the best!

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Kid Presentable‌ for the code!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Thanks to @Kid Presentable‌ for the code!

Yes, Gentleposter and a scholar!

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM
    Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…

I wonder what the teams are gonna be. This screenshot makes it seems like each franchise is gonna be a team, but when they first showed this mode it seemed like color was going to be the dividing factor.

• Options
    ButtonsButtons Dolt SweedeelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Not sure if euro/UK demo codes are in demand but I have three spare (no friends with 3DS :( ) PM me if you want one.
    Really enjoying Megaman and the Villager just makes me smile whenever I see him/her fighting.

Edit: woah that was fast, all codes gone now!

Buttons on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Buttons wrote: »
    Not sure if euro/UK demo codes are in demand but I have three spare (no friends with 3DS :( ) PM me if you want one.
    Really enjoying Megaman and the Villager just makes me smile whenever I see him/her fighting.

Thanks for the demo code! Time to Smash!

• Options
    ButtonsButtons Dolt SweedeelandRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Buttons wrote: »

Thanks for the demo code! Time to Smash!

You are most welcome.

• Options
    Thank you for the EU code, @Buttons! I was kind of burning in jealousy from all my US friends exchanging codes around me.

Now, to get the 3DS out and set it to download!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Guys, don't forget about the [.codes] functionality (sans period). It will let you distribute codes securely in a way that will always let people know what they get, and in a way that is safe from bots and such.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    What are the characters that are going to be in the demo, by the way? I rather want to try Rock and Rosalina.

On the note of which, I am usually a purist for the original names and stuff, but Rosalina's name in the Spanish translation of Galaxy is so much better I might just keep calling her Estela, Smash or no Smash. It's an actual name, it has connotations related to both space (being etymologically related to the spanish word for stellar) and comets (it's the word for the brilliant trail of a comet), and it sounds nicer.

First time I've heard that, that is such a better name!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM

I wonder what the teams are gonna be. This screenshot makes it seems like each franchise is gonna be a team, but when they first showed this mode it seemed like color was going to be the dividing factor.

I'm guessing that they'll mix up teams over time based on semi-random gimmicks that may or may not make sense.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    jothki wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

zlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM

I'm guessing that they'll mix up teams over time based on semi-random gimmicks that may or may not make sense.

Yeah, that could be.

Maybe Team 80s / 90s / 2000s or something like that.

Maz- on
  • Options
    Could play my first game.

Man, the controls feel super weird in a 3DS. I'm so used to the gamecube triggers that I can't shield or roll for shit with L and R.

I'm getting a good feeling about Megaman. He seems pretty fun to play.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Drascin wrote: »
    Could play my first game.

Man, the controls feel super weird in a 3DS. I'm so used to the gamecube triggers that I can't shield or roll for shit with L and R.

I'm getting a good feeling about Megaman. He seems pretty fun to play.

That threw me off a lot more than the face buttons or lack of a C-stick. It's weird, I practically forget that guarding exists when I don't have my finger within the groove of the Gamecube right trigger

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So I've considered getting a 2ds to play this, so I don't thrash my nice zelda 3ds to bits.

I have a demo on my 3ds, but there isn't some way to also get it on a 2ds without another code right? If I get one, it'll be this weekend so the normal limited demo will already be out, but I just dislike the idea of a demo not being usable more than x times... It's already a gimped version, don't also limit the time I can use it ffs.

Also, I really wonder why they would make a special 3ds for smash instead of waiting for the new 3ds to make a special one for it.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The jump buttons being above the attack buttons is really messing with me. I get that X and Y has always been jump in Smash, but what other game does that?

I also don't really get why the options menu is locked in the demo.

• Options
    See, I can deal with the changes to X and Y. It's a matter of repositioning my thumb. But either rolling is way less responsive than before or I just can't deal with the different R button.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I spent so much time in Jump Ultimate Stars, I really want to switch it to that control scheme when the full game comes out.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I haven't really played smash for several years, so the buttons don't bother me. I'm not "used" to any particular setup so I adjusted pretty quickly.

I do have to actively remind myself the should buttons are there though.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I'm too used to the controls now that any attempt to change them will inevitably fuck me over. Happened a lot with Brawl.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Short-hopping with X (Y? Whichever the top one is) and quickly rolling to A for aerials feels really good.

• Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    I still have bad habits from Melee where I played an insane amount before I even realized guarding/dodging and throwing were important. I have no idea how it happened but it has totally messed up my play ever since. I have to watch the "how to play" video once in a while to remind myself that stuff exists.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I was the only person in my gaming circle that actually owned Melee so I got much better than everyone else. I eventually agreed to stop using shields and dodging in order to give them a chance. I blame that for my sub-par abilities now.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I would be fine with the controls if they let me change to more smash 64 style. Having B and Y be the A and B buttons respectively and having A and X for jump I think would be fine.

It also messes me up because I'm used to using L to block, since I was so used to using Z on the right side of the cube controller to grab, so that's backwards for me. I just wish they would let me change the controls in the demo and I think I'd enjoy it a lot more, that and if I had something to play on I wasn't terrified of breaking.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    The controls in the final version are customizable, just not the demo for some reason.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of trouble using up-tilt moves. I almost always either end up using an up smash or jumping.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    The controls in the final version are customizable, just not the demo for some reason.

Yeah, I'm glad. I can barely beat lvl 4 characters with these controls haha.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.