As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm actually considering playing Mukla and the 2/2 for three that gives 2 cards while I keep freezing your board. It's a race to get to my golden AlexSwagza and the big burn finish, while I also burn some cards.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    Creamstout wrote: »
    Yet another GvG Reveal:
    Antique Healbot
    5/3/3
    Battlecry: Restore 8 health to your hero.
    635521595620228283.png

A more expensive Earthen Ring Farseer with Mech Synergy, this card should help with the current rush meta. Stalls a turns worth of damage and trades for at least one low-cost-minion on board.

Compared against Healing Touch + a 2 drop this is actually fairly decent, especially with mech synergy. It's still a really feeble body though, I don't think it's really appealing enough for anyone to play it much.
    I don't think I agree. Healing Touch being a card you're in no particular rush to cast, I'd rather play HT plus a 4+ drop in one late-game turn than a HT plus a 2-drop in one mid-game turn. You also have the option of casting HT on a minion, which can be occasionally useful.

I mean yeah, it's a feeble body that I don't think is very appealing :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    CreamstoutCreamstout What you think I program for, to push a fuckin' quad-core? Registered User regular
    This priest had a bad day.

Turn 9 Alexstraza for 15 to the face, followed up by a 20 damage Worgen Combo.

Pgx3BzA.jpg

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I wish rag was different. nothing worse than a 20 minute match that you win or lose based on what your rag hits (or what their rag hits)

all the thinking and strategizing on both sides, careful planning and anticipating, and then it's literally random

yes I am rag whining and I'm sorry

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Rag would be less swingy if he hit 8 times.for 1 damage, but he'd be super op too. ><

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I have been so happy since not doing Arenas the last week or so, trying to save up gold. Decided to play one tonight, and am now filled with rage. 2 easy wins to start, and then 3 matches in a row where the other player had perfect answers to everything I did. No matter what I played for those 3 games it was countered perfectly, as if they knew what was coming at them, had the ability to pick the perfect cards, and then got to make sure they were in their hand at the right time. For three games in a row. Worst of all, i got a pack and shitty card, so didn't even recoup any gold.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I need some hearthstone friends!
    Add me bloodycow#1868

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I wish rag was different. nothing worse than a 20 minute match that you win or lose based on what your rag hits (or what their rag hits)

all the thinking and strategizing on both sides, careful planning and anticipating, and then it's literally random

yes I am rag whining and I'm sorry
    Rag is one of the worst designed cards in the game. It always screws me over on the RNG so I stopped using it, but it is incredibly dumb when the game is decided on the coin flip.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Rag seems fine to me. :/

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It's "balanced" because it will lose you as many games as it wins, but I have won and lost many games on the coin flip of hitting the minion or uselessly hitting face. And won a few hitting face over 4 minions. RNG is part of the game, but RNG should not be that swingy.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's "balanced" because it will lose you as many games as it wins, but I have won and lost many games on the coin flip of hitting the minion or uselessly hitting face. And won a few hitting face over 4 minions. RNG is part of the game, but RNG should not be that swingy.

While there are things players can do to minimize the RNG factor, I think Ragnaros's design was a way to highlight a card that would be tough to do in a physical card game while mirroring a well known WoW boss's special ability.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Priest vs Priest games... one either gets a big advantage from the start, or the game takes a long, long time.

Also, what asshole runs two mind controls in the same deck...

ugh.... still won but ugh...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    He might have gotten the second from Thoughtsteal.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    does anyone else feel like they almost always thoughtsteal a thoughtsteal in the mirror?

• Options
    Priest had thoughtsteal as one of his last 3 cards

I stole it 3 times

-_-'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    All stories about games against priest crack me up. They are all different variations on how the priest is so annoying, but they always end the same.

Still won, though.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Kripparian is holding a vote this morning on his Hearthstone stream for his next shirt line, and one of the submissions is the following:
    TVv9gSH.png

Donnicton on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    I like Rag. Sure, sometimes it's bullshit, but you have to work to a point where his ability can work in your favor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, y'all better be ready for the Casual Tournament that's about to go down tonight. 8pm EST. Best of 5s to see who is The Guy. (Ladies and nonbinary folks welcome too!)

You wanna be The Guy too, don't you?

sig.gif
  • Options
    I want to be...

lebowski.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    What's happening bros, I just went through the revealed cards and it's sure giving me an itch to reinstall. All I wish for is that I could construct a funny theme deck with the new cards, play it at whatever ranks it ends up at and be happy. But I already know how these things go. Some douchenozzle will roll me with a cheap-ass FOTM he netdecked while spamming bm emotes, I will immediately re-queue with a "serious" deck, and before you know it I'm tryharding to legend again. Ugh!

• Options
    Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Had a game go for 10+ turns where I couldn't attack because a hunter had explosive trap and it would've killed me to set it off on his next hero power.

Last last turn where I drew my entire deck, I misplayed and didn't use animal companion FIRST (or after setting off explosive) which would've given me JUST lethal since it drew Leok (huffer also would've won me the game).

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    What's happening bros, I just went through the revealed cards and it's sure giving me an itch to reinstall. All I wish for is that I could construct a funny theme deck with the new cards, play it at whatever ranks it ends up at and be happy. But I already know how these things go. Some douchenozzle will roll me with a cheap-ass FOTM he netdecked while spamming bm emotes, I will immediately re-queue with a "serious" deck, and before you know it I'm tryharding to legend again. Ugh!

Stupid decks are welcome in the tournament, you know. :pop:

I play a bunch of them myself!

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Mmmig do you remember I had a game just like that about a month ago?

But I managed to pull my holy Nova in time.

Also if you want sympathy don't mention misplaying with your opponents cards haha

Variable on
  • Options
    Played MMMig today in 4 games. I had a bad day against his Reincarnate Shaman (Kel'Thuzad + Sylvans and board of minions >.<) and Demon Warlock. Then I won in a Secrets Mage Mirror and a Quiet Priest vs Handlock. Looks like we both had bad days....

5sb7hfunozui.png

ijemu3wq4pzt.png

Hopefully he took a few pics of me having a bad day too.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    @MNC Dover‌ 's bad day.

Kind of like Bueller Day Off, except a lot more painful.

azxo0a3v8vkx.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Dover does this mean you are in our tourney tonight

Peer pressure

Peer pressure

sig.gif
  • Options
    Jurg wrote: »

Peer pressure

Peer pressure

Sure I'll play tonight. So will the wife, who is a lot better than me. Where do we sign up?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    the regional bnet divides are so fucking stupid

i'd love to play with you flumps but i have no cards in north america for this game you play over the fucking internet

• Options
    I wonder if anyone has looked at how well handlock does on ladder vs when the opponent can mulligan specifically for it. I imagine for the most part the fact that the handlock doesn't do anything for the first four turns would balance it out. Just a passing thought.

• Options
    Too many zoo and hunters for handlock ladder right now.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Jurg wrote: »

Peer pressure

Peer pressure

Sure I'll play tonight. So will the wife, who is a lot better than me. Where do we sign up?

Here

sig.gif
  • Options
    So we need 3 decks from 3 different classes, yes?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    So we need 3 decks from 3 different classes, yes?

Yes. Winner stays with their deck. Standard tournament style best of 5, no bans.

Pssst be sure to check in on the righthand column of the Google Doc. I will make the bracket at 8pm EST sharp.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I believe I'm checked in for the tourney

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Do you guys get on teamspeak or vent for the tournament?

― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I AM READY FOR YOU FOOLS!!

You shall know ailment and despair.
    Become familiar with woe and dismay.

Read up on the latest trends on desolation and tribulations!

MWAHHAAHAAHHAHAAH!!!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    well, this is one way to win

gv2dl4m.png

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Do you guys get on teamspeak or vent for the tournament?

Ummmm maybe I haven't set that up yet

Tarranon did when he ran the weeklies but THIS IS A NEW ERA

Tourney-talk usually happens in this thread

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Earlier today I couldn't buy a win, dropped from rank 5 to rank 7 and in that stretch I think I won two games. Tried playing hunter and got nothing but control warriors, shamans, and rogues. Switched to a slightly agro zoolock and then started getting handlocks and hunters. I was getting just shit cards the entire time too (at one point my mulligan-ed zoolock starting hand was doomguard, soulfire, defender of argus).

But then the RNG gods felt pity on me. I decided if I couldn't win on ladder I'd go for an area run, and drafted a decent druid deck. The first game was against a hunter that went as follows:

T1 (me): innervate, raging worgen
    T1 (hunter): pass
    T2 (me): mad bomber (2 to his face, one to the worgen), 8 to the face from the worgen
    T2 (hunter): coin, deadly shot....hits the bomber
    T3 (me): hero power + worgen = 9 to the face
    T3 (hunter): a second deadly shot finally kills the worgen

Needless to say I ended up winning a few turns later after he was down to 13 health with no board on turn 4. It's not going to get any better than that, so the rest of this arena run is going to have to wait for another night.

This discussion has been closed.