As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Snork wrote: »
    i have never played a castlevania
    What is the best side-scrolling castlevania

Order of Ecclesia has exploration elements but retains the really difficult, twitch-based combat that makes the traditional titles exciting and challenging.

For my money it's the whole package, and probably the best Castlevania period.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Well, now I feel really fortunate for having picked up my pre-order hella early

Still need to finish paying it off, though

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i had enough money on my GAMESTOP POWERUP REWARDS CARD to pay for day one shipping so i guess i'll just

not play it until the 22nd

I wonder if redbox will have it day one

• Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Look, I'm just as pumped as everyone else about Mewtwo being in the game and would like to be optimistic about more DLC characters, but why are you all using this as a launching pad to make insane assumptions?
    they specifically said in the trailer that it takes a TON of work to implement a new character and that is why Mewtwo is taking so long
    They haven't even said that he'll be available to people who didn't buy both versions yet! We're just assuming that! And while that, I think, is a fair assumption to make, stuff like 'no way are they just working on Mewtwo, there has to be four other characters releasing with him' is setting yourself up for some pretty serious disappointment

I mean, we don't really have any reason to assume their won't be any other DLC characters either. We know they can do it, and they are doing it at least once. It's possible that Mewtwo will be the only one but I think it's just as possible we'll get at least 2-4 more. Maybe not at the same time, but still.

Nintendo is pretty new to the DLC party, but as far as I can tell all the DLC they've released or are planning to release seems to be pretty good. The Mario Kart DLC that's coming is a huge chunk of content and the two packs are coming out 6 months and 1 year respectively after the release of that game.

I just have a lot of trouble believing Nintendo is going to do anything that is in any way predictable, normal or logical, even if it will make them heaps of money from people like us
    maybe I just remember too well the days of 'well they said at least two third party characters would be in brawl, that means there's gotta be a third!!' and then everyone was :cry:

i think everyone's looking at the crazy amount of DLC they're putting together for mario kart 8 and assuming that smash bros. is going to have a similar treatment

i don't necessarily think mewtwo is gonna be part of like, a character pack, but i do think that they've at least got preliminary planning and preparation done for some other characters and if the response to mewtwo is positive they'll release more down the road

smash bros. games have such long legs that they could honestly trickle out DLC over the course of the next 5 years and people would stay interested
    yeah i can totally get behind this. i hope the 3ds version's limitations don't end up impacting this, too
    i wonder how many more characters that thing can take considering it already doesn't have stuff like item switch

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Well I mean, it is Free Amiibo versus Free Nothing at this point.

But I guess if you have credit at Gamestop.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Look, I'm just as pumped as everyone else about Mewtwo being in the game and would like to be optimistic about more DLC characters, but why are you all using this as a launching pad to make insane assumptions?
    they specifically said in the trailer that it takes a TON of work to implement a new character and that is why Mewtwo is taking so long
    They haven't even said that he'll be available to people who didn't buy both versions yet! We're just assuming that! And while that, I think, is a fair assumption to make, stuff like 'no way are they just working on Mewtwo, there has to be four other characters releasing with him' is setting yourself up for some pretty serious disappointment

I mean, we don't really have any reason to assume their won't be any other DLC characters either. We know they can do it, and they are doing it at least once. It's possible that Mewtwo will be the only one but I think it's just as possible we'll get at least 2-4 more. Maybe not at the same time, but still.

Nintendo is pretty new to the DLC party, but as far as I can tell all the DLC they've released or are planning to release seems to be pretty good. The Mario Kart DLC that's coming is a huge chunk of content and the two packs are coming out 6 months and 1 year respectively after the release of that game.

I just have a lot of trouble believing Nintendo is going to do anything that is in any way predictable, normal or logical, even if it will make them heaps of money from people like us
    maybe I just remember too well the days of 'well they said at least two third party characters would be in brawl, that means there's gotta be a third!!' and then everyone was :cry:

How does that make any sense

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Man, Yoshi players online as assholes

Three of them today, and they seem the kind to be picking him because of his tier rating - I have never seen three different people playing the same character "teabag" that consistently in anything

On the plus side I'm learning a lot about how to handle Yoshi, and every time I kill one I just have Lucina stare off into the distance in stoic and dramatic silence

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

How does that make any sense

well i guess it's two different things
    one me being a little jaded about expecting 'normal' online stuff from a nintendo console/game. i don't have a wiiu yet so i haven't played mario kart, but if their approach to that is changing people's minds that's cool and i hope it's indicative of how they're going to support other titles in the future. my mind just isn't changed yet

the other being me having been caught up in the fervor of 'of course they're not going to cut any characters from melee for brawl' (or 'of course all the past squadmates from mass effect 1 and 2 will be recruitable in me3!') in the past means i am now going deep on 'cautious optimism'

either way all this doesn't change the fact that i am extremely stoked for mewtwo and the 50 fact video blew my mind and i am very hype

Snork on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm sad that mashing the crouch button is being interpreted as teabagging

i just like to do it because i'm amped up and want something to do while you respawn!

• Options
    It defintely does if you're playing DeDeDe

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dedede has four taunts

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Three of them today, and they seem the kind to be picking him because of his tier rating - I have never seen three different people playing the same character "teabag" that consistently in anything

On the plus side I'm learning a lot about how to handle Yoshi, and every time I kill one I just have Lucina stare off into the distance in stoic and dramatic silence

I do not get interpreting ducking a lot as teabagging

It strikes me as the same kind of thing where someone loses in hearthstone and then says "wow what an asshole, sarcastically throwing out that 'well played'"

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Dedede has one taunt

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

I do not get interpreting ducking a lot as teabagging

It strikes me as the same kind of thing where someone loses in hearthstone and then says "wow what an asshole, sarcastically throwing out that 'well played'"

It's definitely a contextual thing, but that's how it's been bandied about by people I talked to about it

Maybe people just crouch really quickly when they get kills for another reason

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Anyone who has played against me will confirm that I simply make Bowser do a lap everytime I get a kill

• Options
    Because there's nothing else to do
    Some people taunt
    I tend to roll back and forth

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I dunno, crouching repeatedly seems like it has to be teabagging

If I'm not tea bagging I dash back and forth (try this on villager) or short hop fast fall over and over

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I was watching vids of the recent smash tournament at the place I'm going tonight, and I think I should do well? The winners match wasn't very impressive.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Whenever I get a kill I...

...I dunno, it doesn't happen

• Options
    "Oh, I left the AI on 1 again..."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    assume I'm always doing the most disrespectful thing

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    assume I'm always doing the most disrespectful thing

Trying to counterpick with Little Mac?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    yeah but i don't really care about amiibos and i DO care about gamecube controllers!

i guess they just must not be making very many of these things if they're basically sold out a solid month in advance

FFFFFfffffff

If the gamecube adaptor ends up being super hard to find I'm am going to be pretty grouchy.

The gamestop I went to to pick up Bayo 2 was already out of the bundles. I was hoping that was just a fluke but maybe not.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Screw you to Geth.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Went on a 20 game losing streak last night in 1on1 Glory, but broke it when I switched back to Rosalina. I wish I could quit you, space princess

• Options
    Rosalina's dash attack is the dumbest and I hate her for it.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    yeah but i don't really care about amiibos and i DO care about gamecube controllers!

i guess they just must not be making very many of these things if they're basically sold out a solid month in advance

give me your amiibo

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    i ordered the bundle from gamestop.com with 1-day delivery

so i will spend the launch day for the wii u version tearing my hair out

• Options
    would anyone like to help me warm up for this tournament i'm going to in ~an hour?

• Options
    would anyone like to help me warm up for this tournament i'm going to in ~an hour?

sure!

the connection might be rough but I hope not

I get new internet sunday though!!! (not helpful for now obviously)

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

wooooork (otherwise I'd want to practice for my tournament)

• Options

sure!

the connection might be rough but I hope not

I get new internet sunday though!!! (not helpful for now obviously)

what's your fc

• Options
    oh nvm i already have you

• Options
    aaaand of course the second i settle in to play i get saddled with a million things to do, sorry

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I actually have to go anyways so no problem! good luck!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Rosalina's the dumbest
    agreed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    wait okay no that wasn't as big as an issue as i thought it was, i'm back, anyone else wanna do thing

• Options
    i'll fight ya

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    did they have anything to say about it that wasn't made clear from watching the video

CD World Tour status:
This discussion has been closed.