As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Secret Santa and Cryptic Cards Teamup: Crisis on Classiest Earth

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Count me in!

sig.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Also noting interest for Secret Santa again. PM will likely get sent after this paper proposal is written, though!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Update: We are now at 31 Santas and 9 Carders!

Two weeks left for registration. Don't forget to PM!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHrod2skYPo

33 now! *Happy jiggle*

There is now One Week Left for sign ups. Also if you can think of a PA Member who wants to join, poke them about this!

Also I believe @BeNarwhal‌ wanted a reminder about this once November came round. Here it is!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have joined the exchange! And this year I'm not late (well, almost) doing so!

PM sent.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Signing up!

I'll put some ideas up... eventually

PM Sent

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    PM sent.

Dear Santa,
    If you're really lazy, I have a wish list on Amazon and my name is unique worldwide, happy stalking.
    I really prefer gifts that are things that you think I might like but just don't know about yet.
    I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but I have been keeping up with Dr Who and the MCU pretty religiously. Games are probably not a great plan, as I tend to buy everything I'm remotely interested in on day one. I'm way behind on reading, and have only picked up Iain Banks and GRRRR Martin books recently.
    Also, sorry about the tantrum over that Atari 2600 cartridge when I was six. In all fairness, my parents should have let me open the bigger box first like I wanted to.
    -madpoet, age 38.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I wannna spend money on things!!!!! hurry up next week. WTF should be shopping this is fucking bullshit OMG!

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm in

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Finally confirmed some dates and I should be fine so I'm in.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    I'd love to do this but i'm too new of a forumer to join :(

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah... 3 days is not really enough time to get someone to vouch for you. Unless you know someone from outside the forum that is in.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    !SignUp

It's my favorite event of the year come again! :D

Okay wish list time. I will apologize in advance if I am hard to shop for.

Anime figures/stuff (I have 7 currently, one of which was gifted by Variable, one of which was gifted to me by Bogart, and Hakkes got me an awesome pair of Evangelion figures in Secret Santas of prior years.) Series wise I like Evangelion (I have EVA Unit 1, Rei, and Asuka), Gunslinger Girl (Triela is the best IMO but Henrietta has the best gun), Ghost in the Shell, Kill la Kill, Canaan, and Sword Art Online

Geeky t-shirts (size XL)

Anything Star Wars related (For the Empire!)

Mass Effect stuff (I already got the Fem-Shep statue (Fem-Shep is only Shep IMO))

Dragon Age stuff (DAI is pre-ordered!)

I have my own desk at work now, so things I can put on it/decorate it with would be awesome.

Things I would not have thought of buying (Example: Element Brian bought me an autographed picture of Avery Brooks. It's awesome and currently on my wall, it's also the kind of thing I NEVER would have thought to buy.)

Anything you make yourself would be awesome in my book, like the amazing card that I got from Hakkes last year!

Crazy Japanese stuff.

I have recently gotten really deep into listening to music on headphones. I have two pairs of AKG around ears, so anything headphone related would be awesome too!

Dislikes:

DVDs, BluRays: As much as I enjoy movies, I buy everything I want immediately, so chances are I already have that one you have in mind.
    Music: Same as above.
    NSFW: Yeah, I embarrass easily, so if you buy something along these lines, it's not really going to be enjoyed much.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    NSFW: Yeah, I embarrass easily, so if you buy something along these lines, it's not really going to be enjoyed much.

But your embarrassment would bring joy to the forum. This is a very selfish attitude for a santee.

12 hours! Sqweeeeeeeeee.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ONE DAY LEFT FOR SIGN UPS

We've hit the magic 40 mark! :)

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, like, !signup

wishlist:
    I am pretty open to many things - though my fanboyism towards apple and xbox are somewhat apparent. Though any gifts from either of those things are expensive and I have no expectation towards anything along those lines.

I have been spending the past month or so immersing myself in Norwegian, as I have a desire to be able to converse and read the language. By Christmastime I am going to be done with the material I have, and would definitely be interested in some reading or television/movie material that is in norsk. Abdhyius‌ has been super helpful for me on the norwegian front - he might be a good person to ask about stuff "on my level" should you decide to go this route.

I enjoy booze, especially ryes and whiskeys. Again, might be a bit much $$ wise so go with whatever works best for you.

I love books, but I haven't read a paper one in a longish time, preferring to read on my iPad via either iBooks or Kindle. But I like Horror and Fantasy - I think I have missed anything Steven King has written since the JFK time travel book.

I do not embarras easily - in fact, I am kind of shameless at times. NSFW is funny and fine if you go that route, but definitely try to make it sensical for my tastes at least. Random dildo? Whatevs. But a game of thrones red wedding themed fleshlight would probably have me laughing for days.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I will sign up if I haven't missed the boat I meant to do it yesterday I'm sorry wahhhhh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Me too I forgot I want to !signup

poo
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    @RMS Oceanic‌ did you get my PM?

I'll post a wishlist soon

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I will sign up if I haven't missed the boat I meant to do it yesterday I'm sorry wahhhhh

Then make haste and PM me!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I should probably trawl back through my old wishlists to get that updated, huh. Project for tonight!

Characters
  • Options
    phoenix_wright_gavel.png

...sort of.

A few matters of business. I will take a few days to get the pairings organised, but hopefully you should know who you're gifting to by Friday. EVERYONE CHECK THE LIST IN THE OP TO MAKE SURE I'VE INCLUDED YOU AND IN THE RIGHT CATEGORY

Until I post notice that pairings have happened, I'm open to a few late Santas but only if they PM me directly.

Star Trek fans will be happy, as we have 47 Santas this year!

@y2jake215‌ please PM me your deets ASAP

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I will accept Jake's presents on his behalf, no need to ask him or signal him or let him know this is happening.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Star Trek fans will be happy, as we have 47 Santas this year!

I...I had to look this reference up. I'm so bad :(

Characters
  • Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I haven't seen a reply I sent today. Fingers crossed I get in.

Nessticle on
    "I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I will accept Jake's presents on his behalf, no need to ask him or signal him or let him know this is happening.

I don't know

But his face is so trustworthy...

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Nessticle wrote: »
    I haven't seen a reply I sent today. Fingers crossed I get in.

Your name is showing on the list from what I can tell so you should be good. Like RMS said you'll probably see a PM this week with who you have as a Santee. :)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I don't know

But his face is so trustworthy...

BRMHD9o.png

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Alright, well, it's that time again so I suppose I should perhaps look into making a list for this event.

I'm a bit varied when it comes to stuff that I'm into really, a little bit of everything but I'll make a list of some of the ones that stand out for me.

Transformers: Been in love with them since a kid and recently started finding some of the old G1 toys to make a little collection for my computer room/nerdcave in our new house. I find them at used stores mainly but do have one figure that I spent a bit of money on that still had the box and was complete. (G1 Ultra Magnus for those who might have been wondering). Need to find a trailer for my G1 Optimus as well as some other bits for him too.

Mass Effect: Let me just say that @jakobagger‌ was an amazing Santa last year as he got me both a Normandy replica as well as the Mordin bust. He is truly a classy fellow and someone of whom I hold in a high regard. I'm way into Mass Effect having loved all the games and would be cool with anything from that series. Even got a Shepard action figure from my brother in law last year which totally rocks.

Books: I'm mainly into biographies as of late, latest one I read was the Kevin Smith one but have read Bret Hart's book as well as Chris Jericho's first two books. I liked the Dune series (only ever read the first four books) as well though but am always game to try out something sci-fi that anyone suggests. Or fantasy or mystery as I enjoy those genres as well.

Decorative stuff: As I've mentioned and as I would imagine any Santa/stalker will notice. I just bought a house. So any sort of decorative stuff would be awesome to fill the place up and make it look nice. :)

Vidya games: I've got steam, origin, a ps3 and the kiddo's ps4 that I have access to. I always seem to miss out on playing with D&D folks whenever new multiplayer games come out though as I'm always a bit cheap and wait for games to go on sale/work out bugs before I buy them. Last one I was big into with folks would have been GTA 5 and ME3's multiplayer which I had a fun time playing with peeps.

Martial Arts stuff: I started classes in Haidong Gumdo back this past January and will be going for my blue belt in a little over a week (providing I heal up from this damn infection in my gums) but have always enjoyed martial arts books and such. Other arts like Wing Chun have piqued my interest as of late too so anything up those alleys would be totally cool. As well, I'm saving up to buy myself a practice sword for my classes in the new year (and no, I don't consider myself a "samurai" by any stretch of the imagination. It's helped me lose almost 35 lbs now. It's gotten me off my ass and working to get me healthy again).

Computer Stuff: As always, I look out for things to make my beast run better. She's getting a bit up there in age and I'm still rocking my 1 Tb 5400 rpm sata drive that I've had since I bought it quite a few years ago. Still, she's my work horse.

Think that's a good little bit to cover for me. As far as no go stuff I guess NSFW as I'm got an impressionable 15 year old as well as a wife so that wouldn't be a good thing. lol That and not big into many movies on DVD or blu-ray as most times I'll go out and buy it if I really like something and I'm normally pretty picky when it comes to that stuff as well.

But I shall leave it at this. Who ever you are Santa, you are greatly appreciated, regardless of what it is you get me and I hope the season treats you well. :)

EDIT***

Also as an addendum that I completely forgot about. All sci-fi stuff in general (Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who) is totally cool too as I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan at heart.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So

The best gift's that I have received have been something I never would have bought myself. It's hard for me to write a list, so all I can say is go with your gut and I'll probably love it.

None the less, here is a very unhelpful guide

Books: I like read.

Clothes: I am a size Large-Xtralarge and a pant size 33-36 depending on the time of year and my relationship status. Subject to change.

Games: I own a WiiU and will probably pick up an Xbox One this Christmas, however I don't like listing games as something I'd ask for since they tend to be rather expensive. If this is the category you're thinking then however, I'd suggest maybe something cheap and obscure? Basically I just don't want anyone to fill obligated to go buy SHADOWS OF MORDOR FOR THE XBOX ONE RETAILING AT ONLY $59.99!

Other things; Yes I like things, all things mostly. If it is a thing that you like and I probably don't know a lot about, then I'll probably like it. I like it most when people share things they like with me.

No butt stuff.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I don't really do the wishlist thing well. I post a lot in the chat thread, so for stalking me you can start there. You're probably best off starting there, reading the don'ts and then just skipping the rest. Or you could ask some other forumers. Jacobkosh probably could steer you well. So could Dread Pirate Arbuthnot and Elldren.

Lets start with the nos.

Please don't send me NSFW. It's going to my office and my mail here is opened by others sometimes. A dildo might be a funny joke, it's a less funny for me having to explain it.
    Don't send booze. I don't drink and I will end up just regifting it.
    Clothing is something I tend to like to personally handle. I'm weird that way.

Things I like:

I may be a film nerd. I love Westerns. I love everybodies Westerns. If you find an Ostern you'd be a hero to me. But hey, if you find a curry Western like Sholay or a Thai Western like Tears of the Black Tiger, I'm down for that.
    Also history. A preference for the history of conflict. Usually this means military history but also tends to include various civil rights movements and other fun stuff.
    Cars are fun.
    Planes, also pretty fun.
    Video games are pretty cool.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Whoever gets me, have someone Pm me and I'll send you an Amazon wish list if you want

I like books and comics and stuff but I do have a lot of those

No need for more video games or DVDs.

Don't need dust collecting shelf items unless they are on the Amazon list

I have cats, they like cat things I suppose

I like cooking and drinking the alcohols

I don't really need more clothes beyond maybe a shirt if it is super cool I guess. You can get someone to pm me for size

If you want to do charities I give to Kiva.org on the regular, or you could donate to a local public broadcaster/radio, food bank, or library or something like that

I like candles too

If you make things then make me a I thing, I like things that are made!

Yup

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Okay I am not the best at writing this things.

So I like comics. I have a decent collection, mostly not with me but I am always up for trying new things. I am way more a Marvel than a DC guy. And I own most of the classics(Watchmen, V, Sandman, Death and so on). Might want to stalk to see what I don't own verse what I do.

Books, I love books. I read history, International Relations stuff, and lots of sci-fi with a bit of horror. I read a lot but always happy to add to my collection.

I like booze, especially beer. I am allergic to whiskey so that is a no-no. But if you do send booze I promise it won't be wasted.

I like vidya, and mostly do it on pc. I have a ps3 that isn't even hooked up here. If you want you can stalk me on steam or pm someone to ask for my steam profile. Probably not best to flood with just steam games.

Clothing I like to do myself. I am not exactly normal US sizes so I have to really try things on otherwise it is way to big or way to small a lot of the time.

Homemade stuff is always awesome. I do need posters for my room. The walls are painfully bare at the moment.

I also boardgame but not much atm. I do like netrunner. I own Honor and Profit, Trace Amount, Core set and Future Proof.

Surprises are fine just no NSFW stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hm I will write what things here

But man IDK!
    Soon

poo
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Richy's :) list:
    * Strange foreign foods, spices, ingredients, or alcohol that I can't get elsewhere. I have no food allergies or dislikes whatsoever, except to vegemite. (shakes fist towards Australia) VEGEMITE!
    * Nerd stuff for my nerd shelf. It currently holds Grimlock, Mal's gun, a BttF DeLorean, Vulcan ears, a sonic screwdriver, a mini-Mario, a Mario mushroom, a Mr Spock figurine.
    * Some home-made stuff you made that I can display proudly in my nerd shelf.
    * Board games. I currently own Carcasone, Thurns and Taxis, 3D scrabble, Citadels, Agricola, Battlestar Galactica, Monopoly City, Taboo, Settlers of Catan, Blokus, Super Munchkin, Zombies, Horus, the Back to the Future card game, Cards Against Humanity, Apples 2 Apples, the Chrononauts card game.
    * Almost anything from ThinkGeek or This Is Why I'm Broke. I do like functional stuff that make my life nerdier, and I seldom buy myself any on account of I already have functional non-nerdy versions of everything and do not replace working stuff.
    * I love cooking & baking, DIY, watercolour-painting.

Richy's :( list
    * Clothes, jewellery
    * Car stuff
    * Pet stuff
    * Sport stuff
    * Music / TV / Movie DVDs
    * Books / comics / manga
    * Videogames
    * Wall art and posters
    * Dust collectors (excluding cool home-made stuff you made for me or nerd shelf stuff)

sig.gif
  • Options
    :)

* Obscure collectible/weird things/cultural oddities/knickknacks, like something I can put next to my computer and just admire or share space with my tiny dragon statue/sculture.

* Books: I like reading. In particular, I tend to read fantasy/sci-fi/gothic fiction/urban fantasy. Partial list of the type of stuff I've read for a better explanation of what I tend to read: Neil Gaiman (I've read pretty much everything he's written), Neal Stephenson, China Mieville (Perdido Street Station), Tad Williams (Otherland, Bobby Dollar Series), Guy Gavriel Kay (though I don't particularly like Arthurian Fiction as a genre), Verner Vinge (A Fire upon the Deep & A Deepness in the Sky are fantastic), etc..

* Graphic Novels: Have all of Sandman, including Death: The High Cost of Living. Would like to finish collecting Lucifer & Hellblazer series' at some point (I believe I have the first four graphic novel books for each series). Alternatively, willing to be introudced to other series' similar to the three of those above, at least in genre or writing style.

* Music. Things similar to: Depeche Mode, Mirabilis, Arcade Fire, Deadmau5, Ellie Goulding, Lindsay Stirling, Peter Hollens (Misty Mountains and Shenandoah a cappellas are amazing), etc. Alternatively, instrumental video game music would be neat. Oh and I play piano so if you have this really awesome sheet music score (difficulty doesn't really matter) to something, then woo!

* Food. Munchies are om nom nom. Exotic muncies are om nom nom. Ditto with the drinkings. Recipes and spices are also really neat too given that when I can find the time I do like to cook.

* Art, similar tastes as in books really, but local cultural stuff would tend to fall under my Obscure Collectibles mention so that would also be swell!

* Video Games. I do have a steam wishlist though it's not necessarily organized in any coherent fashion. Video game collectibles would be rad, though.

* Random shit, it is Christmas after all.

:(

* No clothes.

* No anime. Really don't like the genre.

* If you send me Shania Twain music, I will hunt you down. No really, I will find you

* I watch sports, but am not a 'fan'. So no sports-related memorabilia. Besides, you'd have to purchase Maple Leafs and Blue Jays things and I don't want to be reponsible for another person committing suicide from the pervasive team-related depression-aura.

Characters
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Must....not....send....shania....twain....music....

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Must....send....all....the....shania....twain....music....

:)

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Are covers of Shania Twain music acceptable? I might send a mix tape.

• Options
    I have unleashed a terrible thing, it would appear.

Characters