As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Secret Santa and Cryptic Cards Teamup: Crisis on Classiest Earth

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Santa has dropped a load of Christmas cheer all over my face.

Pictures to follow when I can take them. But I will say this, the very lonely poster I delightfully got last year from Santa will has some friends on the wall. No longer will my apartment look like that of a budding serial killer!

It would look a lot less like a serial killer if you stopped mounting forumers to your wall.

Pictures to follow when I can take them. But I will say this, the very lonely poster I delightfully got last year from Santa will has some friends on the wall. No longer will my apartment look like that of a budding serial killer!

It would look a lot less like a serial killer if you stopped mounting forumers to your wall.

But then how will they be my friends forever and ever?

I mean, you're asking me to let people leave my apartment...that's crazy!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

But then how will they be my friends forever and ever?

I mean, you're asking me to let people leave my apartment...that's crazy!

I feel ya. :)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hrrrm, the tracking number I was given saturday for the package I sent still isn't showing up in the system. That is worrisome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Oooh shit my dude shizzy shaz bullets comes through with the holiday goodies

First off:

giCmT6R.jpg

I was just driving home, doing a pimsleur lesson thinking "damn. This is working but I don't know how to spell like any of these words.. I need a supplementary book." Come home, here's this bad Larry waiting for me.

Secondly - a US Soccer beanie. I also ain't got no winter hats because I lost my celtics one and was gettin worried because it's starting to get real cold. No worries. Shaz is on it. Here it is, lookin all sexy on top of my head.

2mD0tnz.jpg

And the note mentioned a third gift?? Some sort of CD? It's too much @Shazkar Shadowstorm

Thanks u tru bro

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Weather is slowing down the delivery of the last part of my Santee's gifting. I'm hoping it comes tomorrow and I can get things out the door Wednesday or Thursday. I guess just in time for Xmas delivery? I hope? Regardless, it is coming along Santee, I promise!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Packages are sent. They said 6-15 days for deliver, which is a lot more than the 6-7 advertised, so maybe it'll be there in time? If not, apologies for being late!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    omg jake so adorbs in this beanie

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Arrg, sooo fucking lazy. Packages are in transit.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    omg jake so adorbs in this beanie

I AM NOT HERE TO BE OBJECTIFIED BUT THE BEANIE IS

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Stuffs arrived, but I won't be able to get to shipping it until tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ok, so on top of two fantastic boardgames my Secret Santa has sent me, via actual post from New Zealand, which cost roughly the same amount we ended up owing the US after WWII and the Marshall Plan, two fine graphic novels and the mass of paperwork to the right here.

cb04743a590179488a25fead22c50f11.jpg

On closer inspection, the paperwork is all a sturdy son of Albion needs to begin proceedings to move lock, stock and barrel to the slice of heaven that is New Zealand. And since New Zealand is basically Hobbiton, or so the movies has taught me, it'll be like moving to the Platonic ideal of England.

8df8140d38534df94a297e01d3146d1d.jpg

What's missing is any clue, other than the actual name (which I can't connect to any particular forumer), as to the identity of the Santa who has blessed me with boardgames, fine graphic novels, and an invitation to go and live in his country. Identify yourself, Santa, that I may hold you above all other men as a paragon of generosity and hospitality.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I received a package the other day. Just got a mail slip for it!

Could this be from my santa? Waiting until the 25th to find out!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Through my AMAZING POWERS OF DEDUCTION and also someone suggesting @Mortious‌ as the likely candidate and his location being MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND I have deduced that my SS is Mortious!

Take a well deserved bow, Mortious. Your presents are thoughtful, ludicrously generous, absurdly appropriate and warmly received. You have made an old man very happy.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Through my AMAZING POWERS OF DEDUCTION and also someone suggesting Mortious‌ as the likely candidate and his location being MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND I have deduced that my SS is Mortious!

Take a well deserved bow, Mortious. Your presents are thoughtful, ludicrously generous, absurdly appropriate and warmly received. You have made an old man very happy.

Glad you liked it.

You're a hard man to shop for, at least in regards to New Zealand specific items (which I always try to include in these).

Also, just saying, NZ's looking pretty good right now.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    What the

Organichu on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Mortious really is the best at immigration
    Mortious wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Through my AMAZING POWERS OF DEDUCTION and also someone suggesting Mortious‌ as the likely candidate and his location being MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND I have deduced that my SS is Mortious!

Glad you liked it.

You're a hard man to shop for, at least in regards to New Zealand specific items (which I always try to include in these).

Also, just saying, NZ's looking pretty good right now.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    @Kalkino‌ Just wanted to let you know I have received the other packages and card. I shall have pics up this evening. With all the packing/recovery/work that's been going on it's been a bit of a challenge to get some time online in the evenings but I shall post it tonight! :D

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Secret santa package came! I don't know which secret santa G&T or D&D so I'm posting in both :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :)
    10847870_10152917704292464_2217177691770284867_n.jpg?oh=2245d00958530261e3e882aea7fc2251&oe=5509FE40&__gda__=1430367318_a6604ba3b23c8f3eac62a0c6521e5dbd
    The tea is delicious by the way... Shaz got me the same present last year :)
    10246426_10152917704342464_8707778004478248104_n.jpg?oh=9792d9e8bdf5b3afacf9317911938c6e&oe=55415F51
    10013976_10152917704502464_4254738495157759247_n.jpg?oh=dab59511036b34f5d52d88d328df4229&oe=55053D42&__gda__=1426914900_60080fd1697bc9b71bff55a67e3e68c6
    10401878_10152917704397464_3149116800572976739_n.jpg?oh=75b41352411d27f1724319f4d9591350&oe=54FCF945
    I can't wait for board game night at my place to play Dominion!
    10846268_10152917704467464_5412166487020704146_n.jpg?oh=a6220a87a704ac8be18b7b06149f3d30&oe=55405ED2

msmya on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Both parts of the gifts are here and in the box. Hopefully going out tomorrow.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dominion is rad and awesome.
    According to tracking my Santee's gift should be delivered today!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I finally got my presents all sent off to the unsuspecting recipient. They should arrive early the week of Christmas, as is proper.

Not scandalously early like some awesome people. Who shall remain named @Element Brian‌.
    ...or possibly I've spent this month running around like crazy trying to get gifts together before I become home bound after surgery tomorrow. My Santee's gift are now finally out and I remembered that other Amazon package...

My giftee correctly deduced that I enjoy Games which consist of Thrones and attempted to get me a book detailing a whole world of them! Aside from some sloppy penmanship on the dedication page this book is excellent!

Just look at this mistake:
    Santa%20Gift.png

My Santa also expressed concern that I might already own this fine and excellent book. Previous to his kind and classy gifting I did not but now I can happily say that I do.

Thanks!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    According to the tracking info, my Santee's present will be delivered today!

sig.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    btw Santa I'm opening your gifts either late tonight or tomorrow morning

tumblr_mqt8x9vb341sp9fcho1_500.gif

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Packaged was sent. I have tracking numbers.

Estimates to get there by Monday.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Santee, your stuff didn't arrive yesterday like it was supposed to. Today is the last day ground shipping would have gotten to you before christmas. I'm not paying $40+ to get it there with 2-day so I guess prepare for a post-christmas surprise. Sorry! I will try to make it worth your while.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So my Santee's package has arrived in their general vicinity, but the people who handle said packages have yet to apparently move from "hey we got this package, that's neat" to "we should probably drop this off, eh?" stage of package handling.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Mine has arrived at the office of my Santee's apartment.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    I have assembled all of my gift. I had to travel to the nether regions of my state to find the things I wanted to give. I was also in a wee bit of a car accident, so that took a couple of days off my calendar. :bigfrown:

My gift will priority ship out to my Santee, and should have it no later than X-mas eve. Working hours that are also anti-post office friendly have sunk me hard - normally i'm more on the ball about getting things shipped. I will literally drive this gift to my Santee if I must.

• Options
    santee! I sent your shit! yeah!

it won't be there until the 29th though : (

but hopefully it's worth the wait!

so if your shit hasn't arrived yet maybe you are my santee and you should prepare yourself to get pumped full of holiday juices

• Options
    santee! I sent your shit! yeah!

it won't be there until the 29th though : (

but hopefully it's worth the wait!

so if your shit hasn't arrived yet maybe you are my santee and you should prepare yourself to get pumped full of holiday juices

hot

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I have just received a package from ThinkGeek. I have not ordered a package from ThinkGeek.

It is large.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    I just found a Giant Box of stuff in my living room. Just confirmed it is not from my GF will be posting pictures shortly :)

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    i haven't received your stuff yet santee so i prematurely apologize for a post x-mas present

i am the worst

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What the-?

How did I post that here?

Wrong thread. >.>

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    So for most of this week I've been suffering from the Flu. Whenever I get a fever, I usually fall into fever-related hallucinations as well.

Santa decided to make sure that surrealist state never ends, starting with ensuring I wake up every morning, not sure If I'm in a Salvador Dahli painting or not.

http://i.imgur.com/l1sgs7J.jpg

Trying to leave this dream-state will probably require a roll of 18 or higher

http://i.imgur.com/EIGC1HS.jpg

If I fail, then at least I have somewhere to put my candy (you never get to EAT your dream candy though)

http://i.imgur.com/ociro7E.jpg

At this point, Santa knew I'd probably need an abort plan to wake up from this nightmare, so he made sure to leave me an escape method.

http://i.imgur.com/kJ3ewla.jpg

If pressing the keys doesn't work, I can use them as cups for alcohol instead I guess and accept my fate.

Thank you santa (I'm still not entirely sure who you are) these are great and I'm sure my girlfriend will be totally ok with it when I insist we use these at our next fancy dinner party with her friends.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Thank you santa (I'm still not entirely sure who you are) these are great and I'm sure my girlfriend will be totally ok with it when I insist we use these at our next fancy dinner party with her friends.

t'was me! Wasn't there a card attached to the package? Should have been. Mind you, with a 255 character limit, it wasn't the most verbose expression of Christmas spirit I ever wrote :p
    I'm glad you enjoyed the present! I had little to go on regarding what you liked, so I figured, when in doubt, geek out!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mine has arrived at the office of my Santee's apartment.

In my haste to tear into the box I might have missed an identifier but I'm guessing this is me :)

Found a notice on my door last night that I had a package in the office -- of course the office was closed at that point, but I would get their first thing in the morning!

And so I did, and I tore into it on my commute into work
    qcI9X3Wl.jpg

oh my, it's quite a treasure trove of goodies
    RlcG2Pgl.jpg

I got an E-Wing which is basically like a waaay better X-Wing, an extra set of dice for X-Wing miniatures which is awesome because I always have to borrow extra dice from someone else since the base set only comes with 3 red and 3 green but lots of ships (like the E-Wing when it's up close) attack with 4 red dice and (like the E-Wing when it's far away) defend with with 4 green dice. I've actually been flying a squad with one of these guys in the Penny Arcade Vassal League over in CF but my FLGS hasn't had them in the last couple times I went so I couldn't pick one up.

I got some great looking tea -- a chai and a mint -- I think I'm gonna figure out how to get the office keurig thingy to dispense hot water and brew myself up a cup later this afternoon.

I also got some other local food treats -- sand plum jelly which I desperately want to slather on a toasted english muffin, and I will happily report back once I do later this evening or tomorrow morning -- a hella fancy box from Cocoa Dolce which I will also report back on as far as deliciousness goes -- and peppernuts which I'm happy to report are AMAZING.
    qPoTkMSl.jpg

I skipped breakfast this morning and decided to rip open the bag of peppernuts. Now, what are peppernuts? I didn't have a clue, and I'm glad I didn't read the description on the back because the flavor was a total shock and I was delighted. They look like little tiny shortbread cookies, and have a similar consistency/crunch but... what's that flavor? Liquorice? WHAT?!?!?!

I was totally not expecting a strong Anise flavor and I was pleasantly surprised by it!

I will be more than happy to update as I sample the rest of the treats!, THANK YOU!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    It was indeed me!
    Peppernuts are a snack I grew up with (and strangely, despite my love of them I hate licorice) and I used to make them all the time with my mom but couldn't find her recipe in time. They're still sort of technically homemade since I found out a few days after I picked them up that one of my friends from college is the person baking those for the store.

I forgot to label the chocolates, so the one with the kind of flowery design on it is Green Tea and Pomegranate, the gold face thing is Mayan (ancho chile and spices), and I think the third one was Strawberry Balsamic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sandplum jelly! what the

report back on flavor

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gift sent! Excepted arrival December 24th!

I DID IT. I WAS SUPER NEGLIGENT AND LATE AND I DID IT IT IS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.