As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Considering Neptunia U still. I've bought all the others at this point so I'm already feeling a kind of, "why not." Urge

It's great! Provided you like Dynasty Warriors/Senran Kagura stuff. I forgot NepU released yesterday, so I had to download it and try it out despite already staying up a little too late playing The Witcher. It's just awesome Neptunia stuff mixed with those other genres. The characters even complain about the ripped up clothes thing being a kinda silly idea with NepNep like "WTF, Idea Factory...?"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Am I hallucinating, or is the main, worldwide complaint for Lost Dimension that the characters aren't sexy?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The stage 2 boss of Hotaru no Nikki is really irritating.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Am I hallucinating, or is the main, worldwide complaint for Lost Dimension that the characters aren't sexy?

GIS confirms the accusation, dunno if people actually care about that. I mean, if that's a deal breaker, then...

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I'm more concerned that it just looks kind of bland. Though the last console game which really got my attention was Drakengard 3.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    l_555acd4653417_thumb.jpg

Kamina Wright in the Facebook-court?

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Aww, I think they look nice enough.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    l_555acd4653417_thumb.jpg

Kamina Wright in the Facebook-court?

Character designs are by the Gurren Lagann person, I think.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Character designs are by the Gurren Lagann person, I think.

Really? What gives it away?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The typography.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Now, time for the really important question: Has anyone here tried to remote play Witcher 3 yet? Because fancy it up however ya like, what matters is, will it work?

PS: Super Fighting Journalist! FAMITSU!

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Now, time for the really important question: Has anyone here tried to remote play Witcher 3 yet? Because fancy it up however ya like, what matters is, will it work?

PS: Super Fighting Journalist! FAMITSU!

Someone did in the W3 thread and said it was amazeballs.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    VitaTV is back up at gamestop for $40.

It's a magic awesome box.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    So I just like 10 minutes ago picked up a vita with an adventure pack (Tearaway, Drake and some other games) with 8GB mem card, and bought Persona 4 and Deception Blood Ties separately.

Just figured I would introduce myself into the thread since I am now one of you.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE DAY TO USE THIS.

http://s22.postimg.org/oh2y7fn0x/VITA_You_got_one.gif

*ahem* Anyways, yaaaaay grats Linoobs :) .

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    So I just like 10 minutes ago picked up a vita with an adventure pack (Tearaway, Drake and some other games) with 8GB mem card, and bought Persona 4 and Deception Blood Ties separately.

Just figured I would introduce myself into the thread since I am now one of you.

Welcome! If you have not already, please remember to update to 3.51 as soon as possible! 3.50 increased access to RAM, and 3.51 fixed some pretty major issues found with 3.50

Others might have better recommendations than I, but I'd just like to toss Gravity Rush out there, because it is FANTASTIC fun to play.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Pull the trigger on a 32gb memory card asap. Just do it quick like a band-aid and don't think about the price. 8gb is gonna go fast...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

Congrats. I will be seeing you in the Persona thread very soon, I think.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Pull the trigger on a 32gb memory card asap. Just do it quick like a band-aid and don't think about the price. 8gb is gonna go fast...

Do not listen to this person.

Pull the trigger on the 64gb card.

• Options
    Also: You'll eventually wanna set up QCMA on your computer for backing up Vita games because you'll eventually have more than your card will handle.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Also: You'll eventually wanna set up QCMA on your computer for backing up Vita games because you'll eventually have more than your card will handle.

And it's so much faster and easier than downloading them from the PSN store.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Lovely wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE DAY TO USE THIS.

http://s22.postimg.org/oh2y7fn0x/VITA_You_got_one.gif

*ahem* Anyways, yaaaaay grats Linoobs :) .

It's only 500k! ..probably still too large for inline use, but I love that gif.

I am still totally lost by Firefly's second boss. WTF. Nothing stops that nuke.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

QCMA?

Well, I updated the Vita and downloaded some of the games I've been queuing via my PSN sub for my PS4 (Muramusa and Rogue Legacy), and I also did some other things such as linking my mail system, using that "Near" app, and did some backing up of things to my PC via the USB cable. And got my streaming to work for the PS4. I had some time to play Muramusa and Persona though not much yet.

That said, the Wifi on the Vita is really finicky, wish I could download Vita games to my PC and then just transfer them to the vita.

Also, I'm holding off on the other memory card for at least a pay period or two because all of this was bought and I didn't tell my wife, so gotta let the storm die a bit. Besides that, the voucher code for the bundled games doesn't work since I have a North American PSN account and I bought the system here in the Netherlands, which means I'll either have to sell/trade the code or get a small memory card anyways to create a European PSN account with.

Thanks for the help so far!

• Options
    QCMA is the open source alternative to the PSVita Content Manager Assistant.

Some advantages:
    - You don't have to be online to use it.
    - You can have multiple accounts attached to it if you have multiple region PSN accounts, say tied to different memory cards.
    - You can view everything you have backed up in a clean GUI on the computer itself without having to connect a Vita.
    - It keeps everything in alphabetical order.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-p2_5cF4x4

There's no attack animations...so, that art style and presentation is now pretty pointless. Disappointing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm really digging all the changes to Soul Sacrifice Delta. I unequivocally prefer this game to Freedom Wars, now.

There's a metric fuckload of things to do, too.

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Anyone know when Axiom Verge comes out on the Vita?

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

QCMA?

Well, I updated the Vita and downloaded some of the games I've been queuing via my PSN sub for my PS4 (Muramusa and Rogue Legacy), and I also did some other things such as linking my mail system, using that "Near" app, and did some backing up of things to my PC via the USB cable. And got my streaming to work for the PS4. I had some time to play Muramusa and Persona though not much yet.

That said, the Wifi on the Vita is really finicky, wish I could download Vita games to my PC and then just transfer them to the vita.

Also, I'm holding off on the other memory card for at least a pay period or two because all of this was bought and I didn't tell my wife, so gotta let the storm die a bit. Besides that, the voucher code for the bundled games doesn't work since I have a North American PSN account and I bought the system here in the Netherlands, which means I'll either have to sell/trade the code or get a small memory card anyways to create a European PSN account with.

There's a setting in the Power Management settings called something like "use WiFi in low power mode"

Turn this off and your WiFi will be better, at the cost of some battery life.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-p2_5cF4x4

There's no attack animations...so, that art style and presentation is now pretty pointless. Disappointing.

I dunno... the last OTS action JRPG I played that had battle animations was Time & Eternity. The battle animations were the LEAST of that game's problems.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    This is your friendly reminder everyone, the European version of Stein's Gate will be released on June 5th.
    June 9th is Operation Abyss, and June 30th is Nepnep Rebirth 3.

There are other games in between, but oh well! *priorities*
    HeraldS wrote: »
    Anyone know when Axiom Verge comes out on the Vita?
    Unfortunately, I have no idea regarding that particular game.
    I don't think they have released a date for it for Vita at this time.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The most we know about Axiom Verge on Vita is that it's coming "at a later date".

I don't know what the hell to play after I finish Credit Farming on Re;Birth 1. I've got 2, U, PP and Hyperdevotion Noire that I can switch to next /or/ I can play something else entirely since I only have about a dozen or so Vita games that I haven't even started up yet.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options

QCMA?

There's a setting in the Power Management settings called something like "use WiFi in low power mode"

omg, it's like night and day.

• Options

QCMA?

omg, it's like night and day.

Yeaaaah, the wording of that setting trips EVERYONE up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    Just popped in to give a reminder that in Euroland, the 'Portable Classics' sale is still going for a couple more days, containing greats such as PSP Capcom Puzzle World (includes Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo) for 2 Euro, and loads more. Also Trails in the Sky for 9 Euro!

Reddit summary here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/36lzp0/new_playstation_store_discounts_save_on_portable/

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone know how exactly the save data from Hollow Fragment works in Lost Song? From what little I am finding online, we cannot import our save data into the sequel, but others are saying the game's creator has said to keep Hollow Fragment save data on hand. Is there even any concrete information out there?

Waiting for the wonderful news of an American release is really getting under my skin. There is probably an answer somewhere I am overlooking, but for the life of me I cannot find anything right now.

MagicalGoats on
  • Options
    Does anyone know how exactly the save data from Hollow Fragment works in Lost Song? From what little I am finding online, we cannot import our save data into the sequel, but others are saying the game's creator has said to keep Hollow Fragment save data on hand. Is there even any concrete information out there?

Waiting for the wonderful news of an American release is really getting under my skin. There is probably an answer somewhere I am overlooking, but for the life of me I cannot find anything right now.

It probably gives you bonus costumes and/or items for having the save files. There are other games that do this, like the Atelier series.

• Options
    Trails in the Sky is in an awkward state of availability.

• Options
    ...I don't know what you mean there @PLA ....

sig.gif
  • Options
    17920679186_eda1890151_b.jpg

Aksys Games is bringing the west another Otome game, Norn 9: Var Commons!

I get to explore the game from three different viewpoints? My poor wallet. My poor, poor wallet. That part of the description is what got my immediate attention, since I am now hoping it is something in the storytelling style of Suikoden 3. Other than that, the story seems to at least be interesting science fiction, even though the details are rather bare bones at the moment.

• Options
    I love that Aksys keeps localizing Otome games. The west needs more Otome games localized and at the rate that the small Aksys keeps bringing them over they have to be making a profit. JAST and Manga Gamer have put out Yaoi games, and there's Yuri games "aimed" at women or at least gender -neutral, but sadly Aksys seems to be the only company localizing the traditional Otome genre. You go Aksys,keep on rocking.

Now sadly, as far as I know, there isn't a single ero/18+ Otome game officially translated yet. There's some doujin games and I believe a couple fan-translated ones, but it's sadly a huge untapped market that deserves to be tapped. It's like, damnit, women deserve to schlick as much as men deserve to fap.

This discussion has been closed.