Options

[The Flash] Fastest Thread Alive

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That would be pretty awful for Flash's dad though, he'd have 10 years of prison and be a completely different man than his mom knew.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Well if they're looking to save people without rewriting history, there's not much option. About the only thing they could do would be to tell the past him what they were doing, so he at least knows that there'd be a light at the end of the tunnel.

That would actually give another reason for how he knows about Barry, and is so insistent on staying there until they can get him out the 'right' way.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Strange they aren't listing the lesser amell as firestorm? Did they spoil something there?

nope, that's been solicited for awhile and confirmed by Garber. I'm guessing he's going to be the 'quirky wise old man' of the team

"According to new details offered by Victor Garber (The Flash‘s ‘Professor Martin Stein’), the series will begin production this August for a 2016 premiere. We say series, not pilot because according to the actor, The CW has already seen enough to give a full series the green light."

I'm wondering if they'll have Ronnie merge with Jason somehow and just keep him on The Flash.

Though with Time travel involved, maybe they're just being picked from different times. So Victor is from pre-Firestorm, Black Canary before dying, etc.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Robbie Amell could just be recurring rather than regular cast. It sounds like the entire idea here is that this is a round-robin show.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Robbie Amell could just be recurring rather than regular cast. It sounds like the entire idea here is that this is a round-robin show.

Way to fat shame Tim Drake again Kosh.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    They just need to make this an "Are you afraid of the dark" style show, but with super heroes.

• Options
    They just need to make this an "Are you afraid of the dark" style show, but with super heroes.

No because I don't need to be afraid of closets for my adult life you son of a bitch!

This joke will only work for people who remember episodes of that show, everyone else will just think I'm gay or something.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Way to fat shame Tim Drake again Kosh.

Now you've made want some batman characters in the show. :(

It would be pretty great if they could pull some villains (or supporting characters) from Batman or Superman. Many of their villains are much better than Flash's, I think. Though that's not to say great things haven't been done with Flash's villains in this show.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Arrow has a lot of batman villains as it is, well the off beat ones.

And fuck you Flash's villains are great god damn it!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I didn't say they were bad. I just like Batman's and Superman's more.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That would be pretty awful for Flash's dad though, he'd have 10 years of prison and be a completely different man than his mom knew.

If he knew it would all be okay in the end, I'm sure the time would go by in a...

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

If he knew it would all be okay in the end, I'm sure the time would go by in a...

YOU'RE AWFUL!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jiffy. Time would go by in a jiffy.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »

Batman I can see, but Superman? Apart from Luthor, Brainiac and Darkseid, who can stand against Superman without needing a gimmick to explain why Superman doesn't win instantly?

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Batman I can see, but Superman? Apart from Luthor, Brainiac and Darkseid, who can stand against Superman without needing a gimmick to explain why Superman doesn't win instantly?

Intergang, Parasite and Metallo would fit in well with the WB budget and aesthetic.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

... Submarine.

Time will go by in a submarine.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Bizarro - can match Superman in strength.
    Parasite - can sap Superman's power and use his strength for himself.
    Metallo - kryptonite heart
    Cyborg Superman - can match Superman in strength
    Doomsday - killed Superman...arguably stronger
    Mongul - match Superman in strength
    Silver Banshee - magical resurrected being
    Toyman - not a physical threat but a genius psycho that uses Superman's weakness for civilians against him
    Zod - match Superman in strength
    Mr. Mxy - magical imp

Some just on the top of my head.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Did Wells use a costume ring?

DID WELLS USE A COSTUME RING

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    snip

he used it before, way back when they first revealed the costume in the 'time vault'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-w05TXwlk

Zavian on
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    So should I DVR both episodes this week and watch Arrow first and then Flash? Because they way they're heading on both shows right now doesn't quite make sense and I have heard there was some weirdness with the order.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    HE DID HE USED ONE I JUST SAW IT THIS SHOW WINS

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So should I DVR both episodes this week and watch Arrow first and then Flash? Because they way they're heading on both shows right now doesn't quite make sense and I have heard there was some weirdness with the order.
    Yeah, it looks like the finale for Arrow should be before the next-to-last episode of Flash.

sig.gif
  • Options

No.

Watch them both at the same time.

• Options

No.

Watch them both at the same time.

Many of their episodes intertwine, so you might spoil one show if you watch the other all the way through. I can't say how much because I'm not watching Arrow.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Costume ring?

The Flash in the comics keeps his costumes in rings instead of wearin them under his clothes.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

He was wearing one all last episode. I was desperately waiting for that to pay off. So glad it's this episode.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh man, Tom Cavanagh is just so awesome. That "wow!" in the trailer is delightful.

• Options
    Cold School oh man. Sadly from that preview.

Captain Cold immediately turns on the flash and lets the metas out... Thanks Captain jerk!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    snip

he used it before, way back when they first revealed the costume in the 'time vault'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-w05TXwlk

Man, I totally forgot about that.

Can't wait for this show to be on Netflix so I can go through it again.

It's pretty cool to see it in action in the new clip!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Oh snap. I just realized they are totally going to kill Wells off!
    Because he's a time traveller who has fought Barry numerous times in the future! So he'll definitely keep coming back.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Because he's a time traveller who has fought Barry numerous times in the future! So he'll definitely keep coming back.
    But not as Tom Cavanagh though, but as Matt Letscher

...though Matt Letscher time as Eobard, however brief, makes me think he could pull it off

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Cold School oh man. Sadly from that preview.

Captain Cold immediately turns on the flash and lets the metas out... Thanks Captain jerk!
    I dunno, it looks like that, but Captain Cold seems to me like the kind of guy where you hire him for a job, he'll follow through on that job, even if he'd love nothing more than break them out and recruit some metahuman Rogues members.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    But not as Tom Cavanagh though, but as Matt Letscher

...though Matt Letscher time as Eobard, however brief, makes me think he could pull it off

Hm...that still means a lack of Tom Cavanagh....and that is not okay.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that real Wells is somehow saved via time shenanigans. No one can encourage Barry to run faster better than Cavanagh does.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    As long as they're willy nilly changing history, they might as well save Barry's mom AND the real Dr. Wells.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm hoping that real Wells is somehow saved via time shenanigans. No one can encourage Barry to run faster better than Cavanagh does.

Mark Hamill?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I'll be semi-amazed if they save his mom, though. The trope that that saving someone X years after the fact is DOOM is too ingrained in writers. Amaze me show!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, if Thawn gets to come back and fuck around with history centuries before he's born without really caring about the consequences, Barry should get to save his mom.

...or maybe Flash should go to the future and defeat Thawn before he can start his time-travel shenanigans, thus avoiding the trope of "you can't change the paaaaast!" because he's actually changing the future! From the past. Which then saves his own past and future. But he doesn't change anything in his past, so it's all cool.

Ninja Snarl P on
This discussion has been closed.