Options

[The Flash] Fastest Thread Alive

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Do we think they'll go AntiMonitor on this?

Ooo, or Vandal Savage, maybe?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Strange they aren't listing the lesser amell as firestorm? Did they spoil something there?

nope, that's been solicited for awhile and confirmed by Garber. I'm guessing he's going to be the 'quirky wise old man' of the team

"According to new details offered by Victor Garber (The Flash‘s ‘Professor Martin Stein’), the series will begin production this August for a 2016 premiere. We say series, not pilot because according to the actor, The CW has already seen enough to give a full series the green light."

Zavian on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So behind the scenes the Arrow/Flash folks are really trying to get a Green Lantern show made right? That's the only reason they keep taunting us with Coast city and Ferris Air right? I mean both shows keep doing it!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    So behind the scenes the Arrow/Flash folks are really trying to get a Green Lantern show made right? That's the only reason they keep taunting us with Coast city and Ferris Air right? I mean both shows keep doing it!

The actor playing Diggle has been vocal about wanting to play John Stewart Green Lantern, but it's being reported like that's more of a personal wish. But yeah, they can't be teasing Coast City and Ferris for no reason

• Options
    I will laugh if eventually all of the CW is just DC shows under the same umbrella. Well laugh and then cry when I have to admit I only watch the CW.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I get the feeling if he got to do it they'd just straight up make John Diggle a Green Lantern.

And it would be right and just.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Quid wrote: »
    I get the feeling if he got to do it they'd just straight up make John Diggle a Green Lantern.

And it would be right and just.

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind Diggle as Green Lantern. I think they should distance themselves from Hal Jordan because of the movie trainwreck. But then again, this is Geoff Johns we're talking about...

Zavian on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Diggle is worthy

poo
  • Options
    Cant' be Diggle he doesn't wear masks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You might want to GIS John Stewart Green Lantern.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If Diggle leaves to go be Green Lantern, isn't one of Oliver's giant moral centers going to disappear and thus make him a bit scarier?

Alternatively, this is how we get the Green Arrow somehow.

• Options
    Eh Oliver has proven time and time again that the only Moral center he listens to is his own. Sure he gives lip service to his team, but when he sets his mind to anything ultimately he's the only person he listens to for bad or for bad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    If anything, make Diggle a Blue Lantern. That seems more appropriate, and wouldn't conflict with the Green Lanturd Movie.

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    For me the Iris/Barry thing, didn't get creepy until recently,

When it was just an adopted sibling type thing, ya it was weird, but also understandable.

When it got creepy is when the Father of both of them is basically
    4256735+_c6a090c1b03f3a99784c11330564ffa1.png

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Eh Joe is just seeing that both young people in his life actually love each other. Y'all have some weird sexual hang ups.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Cant' be Diggle he doesn't wear masks.

He's been waiting for the right mask

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's worth keeping in mind how incredibly different the original timeline was, too.

Everything has happened many years early.

Original Flash would have gotten his powers in, what, his late 30s?

I think Barry mentioned at one point before the Christmas break that he was 25, so a 2020 explosion would have made him the Flash at around 31-32. Which I think it close to what comics Barry was kinda suppose to be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Also, becoming the Green Lantern would be the perfect way for Diggle's actor to leave the show.

He doesn't die or retire, he just become so badass that kicking ass on Earth doesn't cut it anymore; He has to go Cosmic.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Eh Joe is just seeing that both young people in his life actually love each other. Y'all have some weird sexual hang ups.

I think the excellent casting has a couple missteps.

The first is that Eddie seems like a great guy, a better catch than Barry in a lot of respects. From Joe's reactions, Eddie should be a little skeevy. Joe's never liked him, and we have been told several times that Joe has an uncanny radar for sketchiness. We'll probably get some future plotlines that justify this, but the sheer charisma from Eddie is throwing things off.

The second is that Barry and Iris have zero chemistry. They seem like okay friends, but neither actor can sell that there's anything deeper between them.

These combined make the "Iris+Barry OTP" plotlines a lot weirder than they should be.

• Options
    I think the excellent casting has a couple missteps.

The first is that Eddie seems like a great guy, a better catch than Barry in a lot of respects. From Joe's reactions, Eddie should be a little skeevy. Joe's never liked him, and we have been told several times that Joe has an uncanny radar for sketchiness. We'll probably get some future plotlines that justify this, but the sheer charisma from Eddie is throwing things off.

I feel the opposite, Eddie started off as arrogant and kind of an almost a-hole, but over his relationship with Iris he seems to have become a lot more good natured. I like it when characters have arcs like that, and it makes him a much more tragic figure than if he was simply a dick throughout.

• Options
    Eddie has far too sexy a voice to be tied down to one lady, he should be an omnisexual, just conquering new and interesting sexualities.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Joe doesn't want his daughter involved with a Detective. It makes sense if we assume his wife died because of his job.

Since Barry's career path doesn't even let him have a badge he's exempt

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Joe doesn't want his daughter involved with a Detective. It makes sense if we assume his wife died because of his job.

Yes, being the girlfriend of a superhero must be a lot safer.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Yes, being the girlfriend of a superhero must be a lot safer.

I f Iris didn't know she'd have protection magic duh

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Oh dang that's a good point.

"Barry you and Iris are meant to be together!"

"Barry you can never tell Iris!"

Dammit Joe.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if the next episode is also the *WARNING: SPECULATION AHEAD*
    Hawkgirl introduction. Both her and Atom show up at the end to fight RF, RF runs back in time with Barry following as the episode ends. To me, it makes sense. RF created Barry sooner than he was supposed to, so all of the events in RF's career of villainy, have been sped up.

Invectivus on
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Can someone tell me who this Hawkgirl character is, or are you gonna make me google?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Invectivus wrote: »
    I wonder if the next episode is also the
    Hawkgirl introduction. Both her and Atom show up at the end to fight RF, RF runs back in time with Barry following as the episode ends. To me, it makes sense. RF created Barry sooner than he was supposed to, so all of the events in RF's career of villainy, have been sped up.

yes
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Can someone tell me who this Hawkgirl character is, or are you gonna make me google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkgirl

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Iris/Eddie/Barry have the Smallville problem in that the initial relationships presented are far superior to the ones they'll end up with.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's funny because the show tried to use various little tricks to make eddie seem like a guy we're supposed to hate, but then never backed that up with anything he actually did. The result is that eddie seems like a decent guy who cares about iris and has been thrust into a difficult situation; he's arguably been the most moral part of their little conspiracy, at least vis a vis iris. Even Barry seems to be working his way around to liking him at this point.

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, like wasn't Eddie originally supposed to have some kind of dark secret/background and that's why he was a cop in Central City?

If all that meant was that his last name is Thawne, that's kind of lame.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Eh Eddie being a nice guy just makes Iris's willingness to stay with him make sense? I mean she could really like barry, but not want to hurt Eddie just because she really likes Barry, that's a completely acceptable reaction and happens all the time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If he figures he's cornered, could Eobard Wells use his magic body-switching gizmo to become Eddie instead?
    Then he gets to try and get revenge on Flash by stealing Iris away from him, or something.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Can they even use Booster Gold?

I want to say no, because I think that's who Atom was supposed to be?

Tony Kord the Blue Beetle. Another last minute change by the geniuses from WB .

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    If he figures he's cornered, could Eobard Wells use his magic body-switching gizmo to become Eddie instead?
    Then he gets to try and get revenge on Flash by stealing Iris away from him, or something.

I hope not, because Cavanaugh is so good as is eddie. Though with Thawnes time traveling weirdness, they could "kill" him in the season finale and he can still show up to fuck with the flash because "Lol time travel" just he's more doomed to a fate he doesn't even know he has yet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

I think it's more likely Eddie will come to hate Barry because he now knows Iris will end up with him.

Eobard can't exactly kill his ancestor.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Taranis wrote: »

I think it's more likely Eddie will come to hate Barry because he now knows Iris will end up with him.

Uh
    I figured what Eobard meant by calling Eddy his "insurance" was possibly planning to do another body theft and pulling an I'm My Own Grampa.

• Options

Uh
    I figured what Eobard meant by calling Eddy his "insurance" was possibly planning to do another body theft and pulling an I'm My Own Grampa.
    I'd like it if they go with that assumption, and Eddie kills himself to stop him (or something).
    Then Wells just goes 'Actually, you're a distant cousin. About the only thing we know about you is that you killed yourself."
    That's a little dark for Flash, though. (I'd expect something like that on Arrow)

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Uh
    I'd like it if they go with that assumption, and Eddie kills himself to stop him (or something).
    Then Wells just goes 'Actually, you're a distant cousin. About the only thing we know about you is that you killed yourself."
    That's a little dark for Flash, though. (I'd expect something like that on Arrow)
    Actually Eddie getting turned by Wells body snatching him would be pretty damn dark as well. Doctor Who time travel: you just have to make events look the same. The interpretation is all in the eyes of the history books.

• Options

Uh
    Actually Eddie getting turned by Wells body snatching him would be pretty damn dark as well. Doctor Who time travel: you just have to make events look the same. The interpretation is all in the eyes of the history books.
    That would be my solution to saving Barry's mom. Use meta-science to make a copy of her body (they grew a copy of Multiplex, and Everyman could copy people. Combine the two with Science, job done), then Barry jumps back, leaves the body, and brings his mom back to the present.
    Granted, that leaves his dad in prison for a decade, and gives them some 'splaining to do for how his mom is suddenly alive and ten years too young, but some of that could be explained with the truth ("The Flash saved me, I don't know how. Let my husband go, please?")

This discussion has been closed.