As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    To everyone who keeps playing in my PTR games while I'm AFK:

YOU'RE WELCOME

=P

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I am special. nothing to see here.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    How does Broken Promises interact with Burger King's Wedding Band? I read that since it's not able to crit it can constantly add a count towards crits but that sounds silly. Has anyone tried it out?

butts
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Ugh, 280 paragon levels into S2 and don't have SMK, Quetzacoatl or Tasker.

At least I can farm T6 with darts or Rhen'ho flayer, but not having access to the actually good builds after this long is pretty annoying.

Honey, listen. I took me Paragon 700+ to find my first Starmetal Kukri and it rolled like shit.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »

At least I can farm T6 with darts or Rhen'ho flayer, but not having access to the actually good builds after this long is pretty annoying.

Honey, listen. I took me Paragon 700+ to find my first Starmetal Kukri and it rolled like shit.

That was before the "buff" to droprates though.

right?

RIGHT?

Mainly just miffed I had to gamble like 5k shards to get zunimassa chest, and now Quetzacoatl is refusing to drop.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have 3 rimehearts. they all rolled well

sigh

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @keegan and friend for aiding me on T6 rifts. We came across a massive field of goblins, probably at least 100, and it took each of us about 10 minutes to collect everything that dropped. It was nuts.

I only just started trying out shadowplay and I haven't gotten it right, because I tried to record it and only ended up recording me going through my stash at the end. Not so pretty.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I have 310 on my career wd and never got any of that or a rhen'ho.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I found a Rhen'Ho on my crusader this season, along with ancient earthquake gloves and ancient sunwuko shoulders. Can't find the thing I actually want but that's Diablo.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I found a Rhen'Ho on my crusader this season, along with ancient earthquake gloves and ancient sunwuko shoulders. Can't find the thing I actually want but that's Diablo.
    Confirmation bias and all that but I'd be willing to bet I've got just shy of, if not truly as many, INT items on my S2 Barb as I have wrong main stat items, wrong class set items, etc. in all my time playing RoS since it launched. If INT Barbs were a thing I'd have an amazing one this season.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Screwing around with the new Unhallowed set on the PTR.

My MS rockets crit for 350 550 million. Self-buffed.

There's definitely a balance with trying to find the right gear to maximize damage while also keeping your Discipline/Hatred up (the latter is especially tough if you're using Focus+Restraint). But regardless of the combinations (Nats, Focus+Restraint, etc.) I'm able to clear T6 easily. The main issue seems to be toughness, which was always the case with DH but was mitigated due to the zoo you had running around tanking for you. With most or all of those pets gone, you have to kite/facetank a lot more, which really kills your DPS.

That being said, I think with some fine-tuning the set could really open up a lot more DH gameplay.

Unfortunately I don't have a Krider, or I would be able to test it out with that weapon, too.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ant, you're not the PTR game-holding hero PA deserves; just the one it needs.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Running around on my DH and a green helm drops. I think "finally! another piece of Marauder's". NOPE! Helltooth mask. This game I swear.

Edit: The game dropped a marauder helm a little while later. Apology accepted RNGesus.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I could see if marauders stays the solo choice, but unhallowed is so awesome with a party

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This is pretty good.

9909ef2c-5c48-4808-babd-56efdfbcd65e.jpg

And I've wondered for a while if I could do something with this. I guess the proc isn't that great though.

f1555195-7484-40b4-9f3e-4be35b5ba775.jpg

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Screwing around with the new Unhallowed set on the PTR.

My MS rockets crit for 350 550 million. Self-buffed.

There's definitely a balance with trying to find the right gear to maximize damage while also keeping your Discipline/Hatred up (the latter is especially tough if you're using Focus+Restraint). But regardless of the combinations (Nats, Focus+Restraint, etc.) I'm able to clear T6 easily. The main issue seems to be toughness, which was always the case with DH but was mitigated due to the zoo you had running around tanking for you. With most or all of those pets gone, you have to kite/facetank a lot more, which really kills your DPS.

That being said, I think with some fine-tuning the set could really open up a lot more DH gameplay.

Unfortunately I don't have a Krider, or I would be able to test it out with that weapon, too.
    try it with buriza + cirri satchel + devouring

i saw my hungering arrow crit 500m+

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    And I've wondered for a while if I could do something with this. I guess the proc isn't that great though.

[Vigilance]

It would actually be an interesting weapon if the proc rate weren't nerfed to hell. You'll see it proc once every 2 minutes. If you're lucky. And if you literally stand still while letting mobs wail on you.

Also, the proc should be when you hit something, not when something hits you. For the obvious reasons.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hopped on the expansion finally after seeing that the base game runs smooth on my current laptop. Adventure Mode is the best.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Got my Demon Hunter to 70 and already am liking it more that the Wizard. I may just implore one of you fine folks to let me run around T6 rifts behind you until I'm properly geared. I geared up legitimately with my Wizard so I won't feel too guilty. :lol:

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't know if it's 6-set Akkan's doing this, or that the PONIES! Shield is just that fucking powerful, but I did not expect my Crusader to start clearing 35 Grifts this quickly.

Belt of the Trove will never get old, though. 140m Bombardments every 6 seconds? Yes please.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Unrelenting Phalanx is a great shield. I have a fairly crappy one and it's still great.

• Options
    Ahahaha oh my god I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84FW9uB8pLk

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Finally found a Ramaladadadada gift in season two. I'll just keep gambling shards until I get a great ancient weapon.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Are those 300-500m crits from the Generator he's using, or Dashing Strike?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    from the generator, the dashing strike part of the set is trash

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    It boggles my mind how useless the 4 piece tal rasha is in GR35+
    If it wasn't so pretty watching free meteors come down I'd ask why the set even exists.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

The 4 and 6 piece bonuses sucks pretty badly and don't play nice with the 2 piece bonus that's amazing. I watched Quinn kind of make something work but it was still pretty bad compared to SWK.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Also, BRT and myself are still messing around on PTR in case anyone needs a fast track to a game.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Got my Demon Hunter to 70 and already am liking it more that the Wizard. I may just implore one of you fine folks to let me run around T6 rifts behind you until I'm properly geared. I geared up legitimately with my Wizard so I won't feel too guilty. :lol:

I've gotta say, so far Demon Hunter has been the worst early game of all the classes I've done (haven't tried Witch Doctor and don't have Crusader). If I had started out with a Demon Hunter when I decided to come back, I probably would've quit.

I am sort of following a guide while leveling, which is recommending Bolas as a main generator, which I'm not a big fan of. It did get a bit better once I unlocked Volatile Explosives, but the delay on the damage is just kind of awkward. I believe at 25 I can switch to a Strafe build which seems like it'd be fun, or at 33 to lightning Elemental Arrow, which I think is what I saw on a DH stream yesterday (albeit at high level, probably with crazy set bonuses or uniques or something).

On the plus side, I do like the female DH voice/attitude. Her banter with the Templar is pretty great, when he goes on and on about the light and such and she just straight up shuts him down. But man, this early game...

• Options
    trying out remorseless IK barb

it's... okay

the extra ancients benefit from the IK 600% cleave, but still dont inherit the cota rune
    also the cap on them is 3, when it should be way way more

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Maybe I should see if I can get into a game on PTR. My monk is wearing two pieces of Raiment of a Thousand Storms.

There's no way in hell that bonus will be the same when it goes live, is there?

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

Maybe I should see if I can get into a game on PTR. My monk is wearing two pieces of Raiment of a Thousand Storms.

There's no way in hell that bonus will be the same when it goes live, is there?
    the DPS isnt out of line compared to other classes on PTR

most likely everyone will get a damage decrease

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Oh someone finished greater rift with Shield Cross rune on greater rift 50! But his rift was full of zombies and fatties... Interesting he drops a generator and uses Unstoppable Force to manage wrath. He also tosses in Consecration and Shield Glare for CC.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    wouldn't it have been better to reroll the cdr?

I actually had a near perfect regular BoP (10% damage, 10% cdr) and the damage roughly the same compared to the unrolled ancient BoP. So opted for the damage roll instead.

Good news is I can squeeze a little more cool down reduction on my ring for solo. I have 55.1% cdr for Akkarat's Champion. It'll be a little more spazztastic between casts but doable for greater rifts.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, just hit 70 hardcore as a monk. Any tips on builds that will help this character last through the week?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Mill wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    its not about the slow, its applying the chilled debuff for bane of the trapped/cull the weak without having to use cold ele arrow because sentries wont spread it for you anymore without you also using it.

Yeah, the slow is just icing; especially, when you have five sentries that can be staggered. Besides the player still gets plenty of rockets out of their polar station sentries with the M4 bonus and a rocket launching spender. Plus, just getting one of those bonuses (cull the weak or bane of the trapped) easily offsets the last damage from spitfire.

My point is that you still get the Cull The Weak bonus with Caltrops, plus you keep the sweet sweet rocket damage from Spitifire, plus you get 5 sentres blamming away. The reason people use Frost sentries is to spread dat slow, but caltrops provides that whilst also doing damage by itself. It's straight up more damage, right?

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Bulk of your damage is coming from your rockets and not the sentries since you get the bonus damage for each sentry out.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    rockets do completely ignorable damage

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    They do alright in a multishot build.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Lep wrote: »
    Bulk of your damage is coming from your rockets and not the sentries since you get the bonus damage for each sentry out.

Yes, point being that spitfire sentries fire rockets... Lots of rockets, so you get the +20% on those. Plus you get the bonus damage you're describing. The goal is to keep everything slowed, which caltrops does, as well as doing damage by itself - so why use Frost sentries? It's a flat damage loss.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet