As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i was able to clear gr42 with half the time remaining

blizzard you're so silly

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Le6V0Lo.jpg

oh that poor fucker

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    ptr is like a crazy rush that in the end turns out to be a dream.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    on another note i just cleared grift 39.

i had a simple, fully packed grift, but the GR was that executioner type guy. you can't use Zeis on him so that fight took a loooong time.

if i'd gotten the same density and mobs and + poison based GR, i'd probably would have done it under 13:30.

if i could only find a better furnace, 40 should be no problem.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Holy shit i'm 746 on the Leaderboard??

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Le6V0Lo.jpg

oh that poor fucker

idgi

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    he got a perfectly rolled ancient suwoko shines

look at the rolls, and take notice of the dex.

this amulet will vanish when PTR ends

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    well for grifts, the second secondary stat is garbage, but if one can give a shit are secondary stats, then they are already have an outstanding item; especially, if we're talking jewelry, gloves, offhands or weapons. Still sucks for that guy since that well rolled item will get nuked with the next PTR reset (whenever that may be, he might not even get to keep it for all of the current PTR run for the next patch).

• Options
    you are not seriously writing an item off on account of its SECONDARY, secondary stat.

like how did you not stop typing halfway that sentence.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    i mean if you really want to detract from it, it's that it not rolled like 30% element dmg instead of int.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Oh shit, didn't notice it was ptr

#1 reason why I can't bring myself to play on ptr!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Also looks like non-indestructible pets got a buff. Not sure how much it will matter, but apparently there are a few attacks that will do significantly less damage to them.
    Which makes me even sadder that the Enforcer lvl 25 passive is so damn pointless.

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    you are not seriously writing an item off on account of its SECONDARY, secondary stat.

like how did you not stop typing halfway that sentence.

Like dude.
    well for grifts, the second secondary stat is garbage, but if one can give a shit are secondary stats, then they are already have an outstanding item; especially, if we're talking jewelry, gloves, offhands or weapons. Still sucks for that guy since that well rolled item will get nuked with the next PTR reset (whenever that may be, he might not even get to keep it for all of the current PTR run for the next patch).

Note that the second secondary is fucking gold find. Also note how I specifically stat for grifts, where gold find does fuck all to help the player beat the timer. I mean thorns, which is pretty fucking useless helps the player more there on the slim chance that it saves the player a button press on one out of hundreds of mobs.

Also note the last bit, like literally, I'm not writing the item off. I'm merely pointing out that this is well rolled but not quite semi-perfect since CHC was re-rolled and it has gold find. I mean it's a god damn luxury to get an item where one can contemplate re-rolling secondary stats.

So dude that got that can't feel completely bad, it's not like he had a perfect item drop or one that was made perfect by rerolling. Still fucking sucks because he may never see one rolled that well on live, but at least it wasn't a perfect one.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    everything about this conversation is insanity

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    How long do these updates tend to be available for testing before going live? A week? A month?

And I'm assuming season 2 is starting when it hits?

• Options
    last ptr lasted almost 3 months i think

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    good lord these new hydras....

only at 1.67 aps and a t&t and its already comical to see them setting the entire screen ablaze in 4 seconds

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    So I finally made a hellfire amulet last night.

630 int
    627 Vit
    500something armor
    15% life
    Nearly bottomed out cold resist
    Passive was temporal flux (I'm straight fire)

/salvage

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    You think the guy who found that Ancient Sunwuko amulet feels bad? What about the guy who found an Ancient Furnace?

Confirmed: never playing PTR.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    haha yeah if you can't deal with that PTR is something to stay far away from.

I personally only kick myself when i realise i've clocked 35 paralevels on there.

Then again i was bored sick of live during the last PTR. so it's not like i would have even gotten even a 10th of that.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Sneakman wrote: »
    You think the guy who found that Ancient Sunwuko amulet feels bad? What about the guy who found an Ancient Furnace?

Confirmed: never playing PTR.

Poor bastard . . .

Checks links, yep poor bastard. Proof to never play the PTR for something like this kind of game because that is probably rage inducing.

Also not a huge fan of how percent based things on Ancient Legendary items are the same range as they are on normal legendary items. I get they might feel it would be OP to have 10 or 11 to 14 or 15% for CDR on weapons, but I wish they would at least entertain tightening the range for stuff or just have those be a max roll. I could see going from 10% CDR on a normal legendary weapon for a Sader to 6% on an ancient legendary weapon being a downgrade; especially, if the reroll has to be used on a different stat because it rolls vit or RCR.

• Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Bwahaha, M6 nerf much?

http://youtu.be/U5Hh_6g3A-M

I think not

SkyAndPie on
    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    The PTR just started so we'll see if they adjust anything.

• Options
    Also trying to figure out how people are arriving at the conclusion that gem of ease will be a weapon socket bonus. I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes indicating that it works differently than other legendary gems, but people in some of the threads say that there are hints it will be a weapon gem. I don't think I've seen anyone state they have had one drop and that was where they could socket it.

• Options
    Also trying to figure out how people are arriving at the conclusion that gem of ease will be a weapon socket bonus. I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes indicating that it works differently than other legendary gems, but people in some of the threads say that there are hints it will be a weapon gem. I don't think I've seen anyone state they have had one drop and that was where they could socket it.

I found one. It says so right on the tooltip.

"can be inserted into weapons with sockets"

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting. Where did it drop for you?

Also wondering if that's an indication that we can expect some changes to the CHD dynamic down the line for this PTR because I know they aren't happy and with how seasons work, there really isn't anything that can stop them from giving a different setup a shot there.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Bottomrolled elite dmg, would salvage.

I'm not too hot about that gem of ease-thing. :/ Leveling a character to 70 takes like two days on your own, without much of an effort, and that gem could've been some other legendary that you'd actually have use for...

• Options
    edited November 2014
    i see zero use for it, unless you have no frinds
    Interesting. Where did it drop for you?

Also wondering if that's an indication that we can expect some changes to the CHD dynamic down the line for this PTR because I know they aren't happy and with how seasons work, there really isn't anything that can stop them from giving a different setup a shot there.

some elite mob in a rift

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    It scales with difficulty, something that the current exp secondary doesn't do. I figure with enough paragon ranks, ancient legendary items and sub-40 gem ranks being more accessible with grifts changes. It could be useful in T6 stuff for farming paragon levels because at that point 130% less CHD might not be that big of a deal if one is after exp and a ranked up one is doing more than enough to offset potentially lost exp from slower kills. We'll have to see how things shake out, but I'm not sure it can be written off as trash just yet since they could adjust the exp gain value for ranking up (+1 exp just seems too low, even when accounting for the 1600% boost to exp from T6 that will bump it up and that the bonus starts at 1k before accounting for modifiers).

I just hope that Blizz's fix to emeralds being required, isn't to add in legendary gems that socket into weapons only, since the issue with emeralds has to do with CHD being a most have stat for dps; especially, if none of the new gems can compete with emeralds in terms of dps.

• Options
    i think it's thrash because i give zero fucks about paragon levels

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lol found another bug:

unidentified items you copy over to PTR vanish. Or at least unidentified gifts do.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's a moment of bewilderment when the Nephalem asks Haedrig to craft a legendary and when he makes it it turns out to be really fucking old.

butts
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    So... I am getting Epic set armors for different classes. Is this a way for this game telling me I should stop playing my Crusader?

• Options
    Nevalistis wrote:

I kind of doubt the devs want to mess with fixing anything during Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years. So we can probably bank on S1 ending sometime in January at the earliest.

• Options
    gotta get that transmog

i like the helmet from it, it matches my demon hunter's raven theme

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    season 1 has ended on PTR... Season 2 and all the new shit it has with it is scheduled to start in a couple of hours for testing

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So how about that 2000% bonus legendary drop rate?

Watching Deadset right now and he's getting like 4-5 legendaries per minute on T1. It's hilarious. Makes me think they should do an upcoming season with this drop rate but make it super short, like a 3 days or something.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    on t6 its just...

i get 6-8 legs from regular rift guardians

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So how about that 2000% bonus legendary drop rate?

Watching Deadset right now and he's getting like 4-5 legendaries per minute on T1. It's hilarious. Makes me think they should do an upcoming season with this drop rate but make it super short, like a 3 days or something.

Yeah I did a 1-70 run last night on seasonal PTR with @Hooverfan and Ranklin, you really can't even identify them fast enough to keep up with the drop rate.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    bwanie wrote: »
    on t6 its just...

i get 6-8 legs from regular rift guardians
    See that sounds awesome. Legs are so fucking useless in general that getting a lot of them would be nice. Normally I get 0-2 from T6 and it's just saddening.

shadowane on