As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: I've got 99 pages, a new thread has begun.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Does Steam Cloud support show up on the store? I started playing Kingdom Rush yesterday and it'd be great if I had the same save on both of my PCs but I don't see anything on the store page one way or the other.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I tried Devil;s Due and it's kinda fun. Hard as hell tho. For me anyway.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hrmm Dreamfall seems really poorly optimized once you get to the city sections. Not exactly a game you need a high framerate for but I've seeing dips into the 20ish range which is pretty silly on a 970, and I have to imagine a near slideshow on some other rigs. Shame too because the city is pretty well designed, but kind of takes me out of the mood a bit with how low it can dip.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Does Steam Cloud support show up on the store? I started playing Kingdom Rush yesterday and it'd be great if I had the same save on both of my PCs but I don't see anything on the store page one way or the other.

I jumped onto the store page for F1 2014, which I know does have Steam cloud, and yes, it does, over on the right, in the categories (Single-player, multiplayer, full controller support, etc). http://store.steampowered.com/app/226580/

• Options
    Whelp I guess that's a laptop-only game for me then. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

you could set dropbox up to sync the save on both machines

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

Whoa.

That's some high level sorcery there.

I am impressed.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    It's not a huge deal honestly. I'll have Kingdom Rush on the laptop and DG2 on the desktop. Good idea for when something more substantial comes along that I can run on both though. Thanks! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've become so spoiled by cloud saves. I switched laptops a few months back and moved a lot of stuff, so for the most part I was good, and cloud saves fixed the rest. I get annoyed when I reinstall a game, fire it up and none of my saves are there, and then have to go dig around on the old HD and figure out where my saves are.

On a different topic, I just walked to the bathroom at work. As I was going down a long hall, I started hearing distant banging. Immediately I look for any open vents above me, before remember it was just the construction in one of the other offices, and not an alien in the air ducts.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    72_4f8677_2126019.jpg

A little late but you get the drill. Go Donate peoples!

• Options
    I've become so spoiled by cloud saves. I switched laptops a few months back and moved a lot of stuff, so for the most part I was good, and cloud saves fixed the rest. I get annoyed when I reinstall a game, fire it up and none of my saves are there, and then have to go dig around on the old HD and figure out where my saves are.

On a different topic, I just walked to the bathroom at work. As I was going down a long hall, I started hearing distant banging. Immediately I look for any open vents above me, before remember it was just the construction in one of the other offices, and not an alien in the air ducts.

Well... let's be fair.

IT could have been an alien in the air ducts. You should probably hide in a nearby locker or under a desk. Just in case. Your coworkers will understand.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Buying a 40"hdtv for my room in the morning after work. A bit hesitant as I'm also doing secret Santa but I really want it. Plus I'm off for a couple days so it'll make for great gaming sessions! (Hopefully steam ones too).

I'm gonna post pics of it when it's all set up. So excited! Then Friday party time! :D

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    And then there's Capcom...

qbo2gtjhuq3u.jpg

If i can riff a bit off your picture a minute, mate?

That flag at the bottom, the Japanese flag, how it says "Not available in this region." ?

For chrissakes Capcom, get your shite together would you? How can you release games everywhere but your home fucking country? i mean really. You live down the street from my sis-in-law, should i come down there with a map and a stern attitude?
    Japanese versions are not available outside Japan most of the time.

But...but...we're inside Japan. We're like the calls coming from inside your house.

What i mean to say is, (at least from Steam) they're not even available here.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options

qbo2gtjhuq3u.jpg

That flag at the bottom, the Japanese flag, how it says "Not available in this region." ?

For chrissakes Capcom, get your shite together would you? How can you release games everywhere but your home fucking country? i mean really. You live down the street from my sis-in-law, should i come down there with a map and a stern attitude?

But...but...we're inside Japan. We're like the calls coming from inside your house.

I think what he's saying is - that screenshot was taken by someone in Mexico. It's not going to show availability for Japan because the Japanese version version is not available in Mexico.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    rikdaly wrote: »

Whoa.

That's some high level sorcery there.

I am impressed.

before that I used to just email saves to myself :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

Well... let's be fair.

IT could have been an alien in the air ducts. You should probably hide in a nearby locker or under a desk. Just in case. Your coworkers will understand be eaten.

FTFY

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Goodness me Wasteland 2, I do have a life that requires at least some rudimentary maintenance. My wife and pets probably haven't seen me all week, let me go!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure what sliver of Venn diagram there is between "Steam thread" and "NPR listener," but for anyone there (like me), the Diane Rehm Show is doing GamersGate right now. :(

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

Well... let's be fair.

IT could have been an alien in the air ducts. You should probably hide in a nearby locker or under a desk. Just in case. Your coworkers will understand be eaten.

FTFY

You don't need to outrun the alien. You only need to outrun your co-workers.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Goodness me Wasteland 2, I do have a life that requires at least some rudimentary maintenance. My wife and pets probably haven't seen me all week, let me go!

I just started this up for real last night. Stayed up way too late for work the next day.
    I think I may be a bit too addicted to reloading my save when things don't work out just right.

Nooooo! You shot my goat! (reload)

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    I'm not sure what sliver of Venn diagram there is between "Steam thread" and "NPR listener," but for anyone there (like me), the Diane Rehm Show is doing GamersGate right now. :(

Whenever I see "GamerGate Controversy" and "GamersGate are a bunch of misogynists" I always think "oh no not GamersGate! They're Swedish and gave me a bunch of good deals!"

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    f3rret wrote: »

Well... let's be fair.

FTFY

You don't need to outrun the alien. You only need to outrun your co-workers.

No, James, there's no particular reason I've started bringing in a dozen donuts for you guys every day. And pizza for lunch. Why do you ask?

Oh, no thanks, none for me. I'll just be on the treadmill over there. Getting in shape.

Enjoy!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Whenever I see "GamerGate Controversy" and "GamersGate are a bunch of misogynists" I always think "oh no not GamersGate! They're Swedish and gave me a bunch of good deals!"

They must have been getting some really confusing customer feedback at the start.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

They must have been getting some really confusing customer feedback at the start.

At the start? I think you're overestimating the general intelligence of the Internet, they're probably still getting that feedback.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Alpha protocol completed. I must say, it's quite good. It may not have sold well, and it's gotten a lot of praise from PAGT, and it is well deserved! I'm hoping someone picks up the IP and lets Obsidian develop a sequel.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Madican wrote: »

At the start? I think you're overestimating the general intelligence of the Internet, they're probably still getting that feedback.

Well, I just mean by now Gamersgate (the store) at this point would know why they're getting it.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Soooo.... I see a number of people here have acquired Legend of Korra. What are your thoughts? Reviews from shitty places like IGN are rough, but on Steam it's "Very Positive".

Please report in. Don't make me send out trackers.

Must know. For reasons.

It's a Platinum game, so it's balls-hard. The simplicity of the combat system compared to "full" Platinum games makes the game feel tougher than normal because you don't have many options to work with.

The game is very obviously a budget title, based on level design and cutscenes. But for the price it's at, it seems fair.

I haven't beaten it yet, only 3/4 through, although there's pro-bending mode and extreme difficulty to unlock and play after this.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    I know this will interest quite a few people in this thread, but Risk of Rain got an update, some new tasty stuff:
    -Risk of Rain now runs on a newer engine, improving performance
    -2 new classes are now in the game
    -10 new items are now in the game
    -6 new challenges introduced to the game

I really need to play that again and get better at it.

Instead I'm still chipping away at Borderlands 2, really enjoying it in short bursts. Completed the Torque DLC (which was OK but ultimately forgettable) and nearing the end of the Pirate DLC (which has been way better, with more varied locations and the vehicles are more fun). After that I'll start into the Tiny Tina DLC, which I'm really looking forward to!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Well, I just mean by now Gamersgate (the store) at this point would know why they're getting it.

There was a pretty fantastic thing on Idle Thumbs about how they should have tried to capitalize off of peoples' stupidity by having blow-out sales of incredibly mysoginistic titles and such.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    I know this will interest quite a few people in this thread, but Risk of Rain got an update, some new tasty stuff:

Instead I'm still chipping away at Borderlands 2, really enjoying it in short bursts. Completed the Torque DLC (which was OK but ultimately forgettable) and nearing the end of the Pirate DLC (which has been way better, with more varied locations and the vehicles are more fun). After that I'll start into the Tiny Tina DLC, which I'm really looking forward to!

Oh now that's interesting news. Hopefully I can get a solid 60fps on the final level!

And 2 new classes sounds pretty nice too.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

I didn't really find Torgue or Scarlett very interesting, but I give the edge to Torgue because it had...Mr. Torgue.

Tiny Tina definitely blows everything else out of the water, though. Funnier, better weapons, better enemies, better music, better visuals, surprisingly long—the whole package.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hey Steam thread, I'm in Ottawa today. Last night my coworker and I got drunk and went next door to take pictures at parliament at 5am. We waved at the two cops out front and they waved back. One offered to move her car if it was in the way of us taking pictures.

Today I wake up and we're in lockdown. This just seems surreal.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

qbo2gtjhuq3u.jpg

@chris: waffle king Japanese versions of games on Steam usually have a different app id, that's why it's not showing as available when Enhanced Steam queries the database for prices. I just checked SteamDB and DMC is available in Japan for ¥4990.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Yeah looks smoother, may have to try to finally beat this game again.

Sadly the multiplayer setup is still pretty esoteric.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Hey Steam thread, I'm the Ottawa today. Last night my coworker and I got drunk and went next door to take pictures at parliament at 5am. We waved at the two cops out front and they waved back. One offered to move her car if it was in the way of us taking pictures.

Today I wake up and we're in lockdown. This just seems surreal.

Hopefully you stay safe, reading about it on the news is crazy. :(<3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    signature.png

Open to PA G&T Adventure Team. Ends Thursday at noon PDT.

24 hours left to enter and see a Broken Age.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Hey Steam thread, I'm the Ottawa today. Last night my coworker and I got drunk and went next door to take pictures at parliament at 5am. We waved at the two cops out front and they waved back. One offered to move her car if it was in the way of us taking pictures.

Today I wake up and we are in lockdown. This just seems surreal.

I'm normally in Ottawa but happen to be in Toronto today. My wife and kids are there right now, fortunately not near any of the action. My regular office is on lockdown because it's right in the action but everyone is safe which is a relief.

I'm just on my way to the airport to fly home. This could be interesting.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Bundlestars Lord of the Rings bundle is a pretty good price if anyone doesn't already own these, £7.49 for

LEGO The Hobbit
    LEGO The Hobbit - Complete DLC Pack
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Guardians of Middle-earth
    Guardians of Middle Earth: Smaug's Treasure
    LEGO The Lord of the Rings

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Worth nothing that it's available in the US,too for $10 even.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

Today I wake up and we are in lockdown. This just seems surreal.

I'm normally in Ottawa but happen to be in Toronto today. My wife and kids are there right now, fortunately not near any of the action. My regular office is on lockdown because it's right in the action but everyone is safe which is a relief.

I'm just on my way to the airport to fly home. This could be interesting.

Traffic was going to be bad because of the bridge closures, but they're all open now. The airport will probably have more security, but you should be good. Downtown is still pretty locked down, so stay away from there.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.