As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Rolled, got Kana, an A class Healer, and while it's true that I'm a bit heavy on the healers, in this case I can't complain, her skills are actually pretty damn good.

At level 15 on her first job she gets Paralyze, 100% chance, with area of 2 (perfect for metal zone 3!), on her second job at level ONE she has Mega Heal. She also gets a heal all, an area 2 confuse, and at level 65 on her 3rd job, PINCER AREA reduce life by 1/3. That's some scary stuff.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Its less scary when life reduce and status effects don't work on bosses. Status effects don't seem to work on most normal enemies either.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Huh. So it makes sense, but is still a bit frustrating since I just ran metal dungeon a few times last night to get all my unused characters up past 15 at least - but I just pulled Bahl and she only pops out at 1, instead of the normal 10. Like I said, makes sense since she's one of the two starters, and I'm still happy about it since I now have a whopping 2(!!) characters with their second jobs.

Hunting Zone 1 really is just the absolute worst. I need to stop dicking around and actually play through the story some more. Right now though, I think I'll try for a Bahamut.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I am unsure of the level Bahamut that I have faced (0/5 as well).
    He starts with 4 adds, 2 of the trees and 2 of the other dragons.

He seems to like to charge up on one turn and than use his meteor strike the next turn, than he moves and uses his breath to knock back your characters. Seems to be a small chance instead of charging he will do a vertical fire attack.

All of my characters are between 21-25(2 healers) and I have only had one person die on the boss floor. They were attacked by 2 mobs, than hit by meteor, he than moved and knocked them ontop of the ooze for another hit. Than when it was turn they got hit again by the ooze and died.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    That whole save/load trick - are people doing that the very second they don't see the dragon head pop up when Bahamut dies? Because yeah, I'm at 0/4 and I'm tempted to do that if it works just so I can stop wasting time going through 10 (albeit easy) battles. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    if its anything like PAD, drops are determined when you enter the dungeon so that wouldn't matter

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: ยป
    if its anything like PAD, drops are determined when you enter the dungeon so that wouldn't matter

It's definitely not like that, thankfully. I've reset a few times in Hunting Zones and spawns randomize, including what they drop. Leads me to believe it's possible to "farm" Bahamut that way.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the save/load trick? You just close the app or something?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Yeah. Force close. When you open the app again, it will say it was "closed unexpectedly" and load you again from the last round (3/5, for example). This way, if you have a shitty swipe, or don't get a lot of drops in a HZ, you can cheat the system a bit.

It does have it's drawbacks though. In Tin Parade, it will create a second power zone for the enemies to access. On fights with floor traps, it will raise the damage.

• Options
    TalithTalith ๅค‰ๆ…‹ใจใ„ใ†ๅใฎ็ดณๅฃซ Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The game saves your state at the beginning of the floor you are on. Don't like how the floor is going? Close the application and restart. It will load the floor again. The only thing you lose is all skill bonus increases you've accrued until that point... and of course the there is the small possibility of everything loading incorrectly, losing out on all the experience and gold you've gained until then. I've had this happen to me on coin hunt 3 times now, the whole screen loads in black, you have to click every square you think your guys are on and all you see is a glowy blue marker, and you can't see any enemies until they move as a red glowy. You can still clear whatever dungeon you are on, but everything is kind of scrapped.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Is Bahamut any good? For a new-ish person?
    I have 0 mages, 1 bow, 1 spear.

Currently 0/6, on 6th run I did S/L fives times but never got the drop. Was starting to get suspicious though, the first set of monsters moved same spot every time, power orb 1, 2, 3 all spawned at same spot. Bahamut moved left after his first meteor. All 5 times I reloaded the game.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    I want to think it's just like Fire Emblem in that the random numbers are seeded as you enter the dungeon and are saved so that even if you load again the outcome is the same if you take all the same actions. If you change the order in which you do things, attack with one more person, one less person, etc. then it should produce different results.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah if you do the same thing you'll usually get the same results. Also the first time you save load things might be different from your initial entry into the stage, but it will be the same for all future loads.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Well I cleared the dungeon, after lunch will re-enter and attempt to do that if I still don't get the drop.

I suppose this is what I get after pulling 3 SS monsters out of my first 4 pulls of the game.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Well I cleared the dungeon, after lunch will re-enter and attempt to do that if I still don't get the drop.

I suppose this is what I get after pulling 3 SS monsters out of my first 4 pulls of the game.

I don't think it alters what drops in normal dungeons. Moving in different ways always gives me the exact same drops. Just sometimes I live through it.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    I was reading on anothwr forum that rhe save load trick wasnt working for bahamut. I think with his dungeon the loot is decided once you start. There were people who tried it like 15 times with no luck. So far i've tried 5 times and no luck.

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Supposedly hes a 20% drop rate but that could have been people just throwing out numbers

• Options
    ZorbaneZorbane Registered User regular
    For the record I got it on my second attempt

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Rolled into Bahamut on a poop break, but forgot to switch up my team so I went in with a couple weak characters and no healer.
    Made it to stage 10 with no deaths. Lost 3 guys to the meteors. Immediately saw the vertical/horizontal pattern, though, so I just dodged those and took him down.

And he dropped. So, first run = Bahamut.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Got him on my 5th try
    That 2nd job is going to be really hard to farm for

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Bahamut on third try, using a level 40-ish party. Hang in there, seventh try guy. Also, notice that Bahamut is quite good for raising boost (lots of monsters in lots of different positions in each of ten different battles). 1-5 is better per-stamina if and only if you plan on never using Bahamut (re-acquiring gets +5% boost for Bahamut).

Out of twelve characters prior to Bahamut (1 SS (Piz'fer), 1 S (Palpa), 4A (yay Daiana), 6B), five are at job2, three are at job3, and I have the mats (but not the coin) to get three more job3 and two more job2. I have never used the save/load trick. I have some suggestions regarding farming (and if farming has been nerfed, that's a mighty gentle nerf stick).

When to farm job2
    Early job2s are doubleplusgood. Chapters 7+ are MUCH easier if you have job2 skills, especially if you have job2 healing and AoE mage skills. Kuscah and Sorman (IMHO the best first job2s) get their heal all at job2 level 15; and lots of other characters get an extra active attack skill at job2 level 1 or 15, which means better dps AND faster boost raising. Wait until job1 level 20 (for the extra skill slot) to switch over to leveling job2. I suggest, in order:

Who to job first
    1. Kuscah or Sorman (SS healers are arguable, but heal all beats giga heal until much later, and B ratings level MUCH faster; Rikken is also arguable, since she provides alternative healing when you don't have the time to build long chains with Kuscah)
    2. Mages with job1 and job2 AoE at level 1 or 15 (e.g., SS mages, A'merpact),
    3. Zuzu (thousand ray sword makes him special, as if the oodles of other active attack skills aren't enough)
    4. Mages with good early job2 attack skills (e.g., Sha'plar, Daiana)
    5. Sword/Bow/Spear users with level 1 or 15 active attack skills in job1 and job2 (Camellia, Sheena, Yukken, Samantha, Grace, O'pari, Ra'prow, maybe Rikken)
    6. Other sword/bow/spear users with early job2 attack skills
    ((( After this point, you should wait a while, unless 35 and 65 job 2 skills look much better than the 35 and 65 job1 skills )))
    7. Other attack mages
    8. Other sword/bow/spear users
    9. Other casters

Farming technique:
    I farmed HZ1 last week and HZ2 this week using most of my stamina. Note that stamina maximum only matters for your first few runs. In pudding and tin parade I tend to keep my party distributed throughout the board so that I can form 2 or 3 pincers on every turn. In puppet show, I try to control the center of the board in a horizontal line, leaving a couple of gaps, because (1) the mobs there like to fill those gaps for me, handing me free pincers, and (2) the puppet show mobs have a vertical thrust-away attack, meaning that vertical party formations are likely to be disrupted, while horizontal formations can eat mobs over and over with minimal time cost. Never use circles in puppet show, and do not be afraid to spend .2-.4 seconds improving a character's position in the center without making a pincer when you don't have a character adjacent to a mob.

Farming locations:
    I found HZ1 pudding pretty good for ores (almost every time I got 6+ drops, I got one or more ores), and HZ1 tin parade non-horrible for tears. If you can put up with a few full days of farming, run Tues-Thurs HZ1 once you have a good party you can leave at ~level 15-18 (don't use a party that shows party level 19 in the Start Battle screen; they may be over-leveled, which may mean reduced drop rate).

You may get unlucky, but I suspect that on average, you can get everything you really need from a given farm for your first round of job2s in a day... unless you've got 5 guys who all need oxcesium or sea tears... which probably means you've got multiple S or SS, so stop complaining about your luck (and besides - a quick login every day, and pretty soon you'll start getting characters who need other mats). You should be able to put together 3 or 4 characters' full job2 mats packages in that first week, and weekend HZ1 will get you enough coin to upgrade.

HZ2 (or HZ3) appears to be necessary for job3 materials (pelts, particles, etc.), though I found the drop rate in HZ2 equal to or somewhat lower than HZ1 for ores. I got 3 or more of each ore in one day in HZ1, and only a few ores in HZ2. I may be getting weird RNG results, but the point is: early job2 is good, and you should take the suggestions to avoid HZ1 with a big grain of salt.

• Options
    Got him on my 5th try
    The sword doesn't drop yet.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Got him on my 5th try
    The sword doesn't drop yet.
    I won't be able to tell if this is true anyways, judging from my drop luck. I'm still farming that special drop for Yukken's last job

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    According to @fluffles getting a weapon drop in less than 30 runs is amazing, plan on 50+.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    i had an ice spear item drop is that what yiou are talking about?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Gae Bolg? Because that's for Czekras' last job change.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    yup, gae bolg., i guess it would be useful if i had a Czekras

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Holy crap, finally got the last Animation ore I needed to job change Zerro and get her to level 15. Her second shadow pincer area attack neglects to mention that it actually hits the entire column on every square it hits!!

HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME!

edit: It actually hits one additional column to the left/right of what it hits. Amazing.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Bahamut on third try, using a level 40-ish party. Hang in there, seventh try guy. Also, notice that Bahamut is quite good for raising boost (lots of monsters in lots of different positions in each of ten different battles). 1-5 is better per-stamina if and only if you plan on never using Bahamut (re-acquiring gets +5% boost for Bahamut).

Out of twelve characters prior to Bahamut (1 SS (Piz'fer), 1 S (Palpa), 4A (yay Daiana), 6B), five are at job2, three are at job3, and I have the mats (but not the coin) to get three more job3 and two more job2. I have never used the save/load trick. I have some suggestions regarding farming (and if farming has been nerfed, that's a mighty gentle nerf stick).

When to farm job2
    Early job2s are doubleplusgood. Chapters 7+ are MUCH easier if you have job2 skills, especially if you have job2 healing and AoE mage skills. Kuscah and Sorman (IMHO the best first job2s) get their heal all at job2 level 15; and lots of other characters get an extra active attack skill at job2 level 1 or 15, which means better dps AND faster boost raising. Wait until job1 level 20 (for the extra skill slot) to switch over to leveling job2. I suggest, in order:

Who to job first
    1. Kuscah or Sorman (SS healers are arguable, but heal all beats giga heal until much later, and B ratings level MUCH faster; Rikken is also arguable, since she provides alternative healing when you don't have the time to build long chains with Kuscah)
    2. Mages with job1 and job2 AoE at level 1 or 15 (e.g., SS mages, A'merpact),
    3. Zuzu (thousand ray sword makes him special, as if the oodles of other active attack skills aren't enough)
    4. Mages with good early job2 attack skills (e.g., Sha'plar, Daiana)
    5. Sword/Bow/Spear users with level 1 or 15 active attack skills in job1 and job2 (Camellia, Sheena, Yukken, Samantha, Grace, O'pari, Ra'prow, maybe Rikken)
    6. Other sword/bow/spear users with early job2 attack skills
    ((( After this point, you should wait a while, unless 35 and 65 job 2 skills look much better than the 35 and 65 job1 skills )))
    7. Other attack mages
    8. Other sword/bow/spear users
    9. Other casters

Farming technique:
    I farmed HZ1 last week and HZ2 this week using most of my stamina. Note that stamina maximum only matters for your first few runs. In pudding and tin parade I tend to keep my party distributed throughout the board so that I can form 2 or 3 pincers on every turn. In puppet show, I try to control the center of the board in a horizontal line, leaving a couple of gaps, because (1) the mobs there like to fill those gaps for me, handing me free pincers, and (2) the puppet show mobs have a vertical thrust-away attack, meaning that vertical party formations are likely to be disrupted, while horizontal formations can eat mobs over and over with minimal time cost. Never use circles in puppet show, and do not be afraid to spend .2-.4 seconds improving a character's position in the center without making a pincer when you don't have a character adjacent to a mob.

Farming locations:
    I found HZ1 pudding pretty good for ores (almost every time I got 6+ drops, I got one or more ores), and HZ1 tin parade non-horrible for tears. If you can put up with a few full days of farming, run Tues-Thurs HZ1 once you have a good party you can leave at ~level 15-18 (don't use a party that shows party level 19 in the Start Battle screen; they may be over-leveled, which may mean reduced drop rate).

You may get unlucky, but I suspect that on average, you can get everything you really need from a given farm for your first round of job2s in a day... unless you've got 5 guys who all need oxcesium or sea tears... which probably means you've got multiple S or SS, so stop complaining about your luck (and besides - a quick login every day, and pretty soon you'll start getting characters who need other mats). You should be able to put together 3 or 4 characters' full job2 mats packages in that first week, and weekend HZ1 will get you enough coin to upgrade.

HZ2 (or HZ3) appears to be necessary for job3 materials (pelts, particles, etc.), though I found the drop rate in HZ2 equal to or somewhat lower than HZ1 for ores. I got 3 or more of each ore in one day in HZ1, and only a few ores in HZ2. I may be getting weird RNG results, but the point is: early job2 is good, and you should take the suggestions to avoid HZ1 with a big grain of salt.

This advice is really helpful, thanks! I rushed to HZ2 personally and I find I get a lot more total mats than I did in HZ1, though I didn't do HZ1 enough to really get a grasp on the ratios for Tears and Ores vs. common items. I'm now chilling in Chapter 11, getting 2nd jobs for as many people as possible before I push past; I kind of came to the same conclusions as you did as far as order to upgrade, though it was a good bit of luck that had me getting the materials for Zerro and Kuscah before anyone else. They were already solid and now that I've gotten them to lvl 15 in their 2nd jobs they both do work. I have the items to do R'zonand next, just waiting on the gold; adding some healing onto him should make him pretty useful in addition to the confusion. I will probably be overhealing at that point but I mean better over than under.

I think my goal at present is to lvl up 2 users of each weapon and Burbaba (who uses all 3) so I have good options no matter what I'm up against weapon-wise, then add in as many healers and mages as is practical. Unfortunately the game keeps throwing swordsmen and recovery mages at me to the exclusion of anything else. Once I get Burbaba and Gegonago their 2nd jobs though I should be okay as far as weapon users go, though.

Again, thanks for the tips, and man this game is just stupid-entertaining for a phone game.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Is Bahamut any good? For a new-ish person?
    I have 0 mages, 1 bow, 1 spear.

Currently 0/6, on 6th run I did S/L fives times but never got the drop. Was starting to get suspicious though, the first set of monsters moved same spot every time, power orb 1, 2, 3 all spawned at same spot. Bahamut moved left after his first meteor. All 5 times I reloaded the game.

So far he looks like a mage character with decent attack at level 13 or so. He starts at level 1.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Ugh, 0-6 for Bahumat drops. This is probably revenge for my good rainbow tear drops rate.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm not having an luck with Bahamut yet either. I've been fighting him all day, but I haven't tried the reset trick.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Two rolls. One was the Lizardman King, the other some Red Mage Lizardman I already had. Welp.

• Options
    Finally got my Bahamut after 8 tries.

Also pulled with the free energy given for the event and got an A rank Bow user. Fantastic, because I'm really lacking a decent one, but he doesn't get an Attack skill until 35. Ugh.

• Options
    Ok, I'm 0 for 4 so far on Bahamut. Just keep at it? Is there a special trick (do I have to beat him while he's glowing, for example)?

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: ยป
    Ok, I'm 0 for 4 so far on Bahamut. Just keep at it? Is there a special trick (do I have to beat him while he's glowing, for example)?

I didn't notice anything special needed, but it took me 7 runs if I remember right before he dropped. Just keep at it.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bahamut get! 1/6 so far.

Edit: Holy crap. Do other monsters get extra jobs, or is he special? Heck, are non event monsters anything other than D and C class, cause I've completely ignored them.

Edit2: Ugh, party build problems now:

Grace J2 L23 (B Bow)
    Kuscah J1 L23 (B Staff - Healer)
    Suoh J1 L21 (SS Sword)
    Olber J1 L21 (SS Spear)
    Ba'gunar J1 L22 (B Sword/Thunder)
    Rikken J1 L22 (SS Bow)

I can't really think of what to toss out for Bahamut in my "default" team right now. Maybe Ba'gunar for the time being.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Bahamut get! 1/6 so far.

Edit: Holy crap. Do other monsters get extra jobs, or is he special? Heck, are non event monsters anything other than D and C class, cause I've completely ignored them.

Grace J2 L23 (B Bow)
    Suoh J1 L21 (SS Sword)
    Olber J1 L21 (SS Spear)
    Rikken J1 L22 (SS Bow)

I can't really think of what to toss out for Bahamut in my "default" team right now. Maybe Ba'gunar for the time being.

No other monsters get jobs, bosses are B rank and late game bosses are A rank.
    That's quite the SS collection. I'd throw Grace of Ba'gunar out for now, mages are great, although we can't get the sword to class change Bahamut yet.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Bahamut get! 1/6 so far.

Grace J2 L23 (B Bow)
    Suoh J1 L21 (SS Sword)
    Olber J1 L21 (SS Spear)
    Rikken J1 L22 (SS Bow)

Bahamut's exp curve is worse than every other S class, and probably just as bad if not worse than SS characters. Couple that with the inability to job change him at all yet and he's a good choice for now if you're seriously lacking in elemental damage, but any A or S-rank mage would be just as good if not better.

If you really want to put him on the team, I would probably drop a melee character. Pincer spells are so fucking useful, and Thunderblade/Megaspear/Megasword don't stack up to the potential damage pincer spells can do because of their extra width. Mages (and I assume Bows) can also trigger attack skills without having to be in range of the enemy - just make them part of the chain.

I suppose B'ag is your weakest link on the team, but keep him for the 10-10 boss because it gets stunned on thunder element, then just slot him in on heavy shadow fights and Pudding Times.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    Nope, weapon class user attack skills are all melee range unless they have area skills like Grace's 2nd job.

7244qyoka3pp.gif