As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    got a dumb unfriendly giant from the nightfall

now to do it with my two alts!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I got that ship once, it's not that great, it looks like the queens ship only without the cool flare. But yes Nefarious is the worst person who has ever been horrible.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    got a dumb unfriendly giant from the nightfall

now to do it with my two alts!

Make sure to take elki along at some point. He had to join up with me for the weekly and his tears of anguish was so much Will, so much.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Is there a ship previewer? I mean, sure, most of the unique ships are brown... but yeah... is there one? :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I really like that we have all these Raid Groups with official sounding names, banners and everything. I really think they should be in the OP. Lets start compiling them:

PS4

All-Stars
    Current Roster: BillyIdle, GMaster7, Hoodie13, JusticeforPluto, Katoth, and Darkyth
    Alternates:
    Completed: Normal
    Days/Times:
    Alt-Stars
    Current Roster: Crayon, Igpx407, JusticeforPluto, Squall99x, Stragint, and Darkyth
    Alternates:
    Days/Times:
    Apology Accepted
    Current Roster: OptimusZed, Sousuke, Stragint, alucard6986, Celian and Crayon
    Alternates:
    Days/Times:
    Cottonelle
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:
    Days/Times:

XB1

Alpha
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:
    Days/Times:
    Fourth Meal
    fourthmeal.png
    Current Roster: Baske, eMoander, ObiFett, Preacher, Trojan35, Vagabond
    Alternates: l3alerion
    Days/Times: Th 10pm PST, Sat
    Motorboat Kitten
    Current Roster: Arteen‌ Erevar‌ arteen's sister morgan_coke‌ skippymchaggis jefe414 fondor_yards erevar's work buddy wraith260 preacher tastydonuts
    Completed:
    Days/Times:
    NATBurn (not final)
    o79q1hubxxkp.png
    Current Roster: AllDngsGo2Hvn, Booker, Erevar, l3alerion, ObiFett, SiliconStew
    Alternates: none
    Days/Times: T/TH 8pm PST
    Skittles
    Current Roster: Erevar, WolveSight, Darkewolfe, Skippymchaggis, Sirialis, and ... morgan_coke?
    Days/Times: Sun 1pm EST

PS3

X360

Booboo
    Banner?
    Current Roster: Evil Monkey (alt), Iron Weasel (alt), Hiryu02 (alt), Nocren, Visskar, Jay Bizzle, Crippl3
    Alternates:
    Days/Times: 8:00PM Memphis time, Saturdays
    Cold Nuggets
    Banner?
    Current Roster:Evil Monkey, Iron Weasel, Hiryu02, Bartowski, Haximus, Shoeboxjeddy
    Alternates:
    Days/Times: 8:00PM Memphis time, Thursdays

ObiFett on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Team titan banner incoming, I had nothing to do at work today anyways

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Team Skittles is me, WolveSight, Darkewolfe, Skippymchaggis, Sirialis, and ... morgan_coke?

I'm too bad with names and run too many raids. <_<;;

Edit: I would check Bungie.net for activity to double-check, but it's down. Somebody confirm for me, please. o_o

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've only ever found ships while doing patrols in random chests.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @ObiFett‌

you're missing Motorboat Kitten and Last Chance on XB1.

@Arteen‌ @Erevar‌ @arteen's sister @morgan_coke‌ @skippymchaggis @jefe414 @fondor_yards @erevar's work buddy @wraith260 @preacher @tastydonuts (some of those are alts/mix and match, but there's a lot of crossover)

EDIT: Actually, just for simplicity, you should probably just go ahead and put @erevar on every single team. He's like the wolverine of raiding. And throw me on skittles too. I'm aspiring to be like the wolverine junior of raiding.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i'm guessing the raid i was in was Last Chance. i'd remember if we had a cool name like Motorboat Kitten.

• Options
    Well Last Chance For Loot was just me using you guys... err yeah thats just what it was.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    @ObiFett‌

@Arteen‌ @Erevar‌ @arteen's sister @morgan_coke‌ @skippymchaggis @jefe414 @fondor_yards @erevar's work buddy @wraith260 @preacher @tastydonuts (some of those are alts/mix and match, but there's a lot of crossover)

EDIT: Actually, just for simplicity, you should probably just go ahead and put @erevar on every single team. He's like the wolverine of raiding. And throw me on skittles too. I'm aspiring to be like the wolverine junior of raiding.

What's this about teams? H-hey now. I work alone.

• Options
    @ObiFett‌

Does this mean I have to start smoking cigars and saying "bub" a lot?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Yeah you have to say bub and hang around with under age girls. So basically the only change is the bub thing for you.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    How dare you forget the first team to brave the horrors of VoG and come out victorious! PA All-Stars will be noticed!

No banner or any of that junk, we're a rag tag group of head bashers. OptimusZed, Sousuke, Stragint, alucard6986, Celian and myself.

And the Alt-Stars which is a rotating band of misfits.

Crayon on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have no idea what all the Raid Groups are out there.

So, start posting all the groups, rosters, banners, completion, etc so I can compile them and get them into the next OP!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really need to play with PAers more. I play solo way too often when my irl friends aren't around.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I really like that we have all these Raid Groups with official sounding names, banners and everything. I really think they should be in the OP. Lets start compiling them:

PS4

Booboo
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:
    Cold Nuggets
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:
    Cottonelle
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:

XB1

Alpha
    Banner?
    Current Roster:
    Alternates:
    Completed:
    Fourth Meal
    fourthmeal.png
    Current Roster: Baske, eMoander, ObiFett, Preacher, Trojan35, Vagabond
    Alternates; l3alerion
    NATBurn (not final)
    o79q1hubxxkp.png
    Current Roster: AllDngsGo2Hvn, Booker, Erevar, l3alerion, ObiFett, SiliconStew

PS3

X360

@ObiFett‌

Team Cold Nuggets and Team Booboo, who are named unfortunately due to peccadilloes of mine over voice chat, are both on XBOX 360, not the bone.

Team Cold Nuggets:
    Evil Monkey
    Iron Weasel
    Hiryu02
    Bartowski
    Haximus
    Shoeboxjeddy

Completed VOG including Atheon on Normal

Team Booboo
    Evil Monkey (alt)
    Iron Weasel (alt)
    Hiryu02 (alt)
    Nocren
    Visskar
    Jay Bizzle
    Crippl3

Completed VOG including Atheon on Normal

360 members, please feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Jay BizzleJay Bizzle Registered User regular
    @ObiFett‌ It may be a good idea to include standard raid days/times for each group, so people know when they can show up if they want to be alternates, etc.

Xbox Live: Prawesome Dad
    Battle.net: CinnamonJ#1629
  • Options
    Okay, so officially:
    Xbone // Team Skittles
    Roster: WolveSight, Darkewolfe, Skippymchaggis, Sirialis, morgan_coke, Erevar
    Completed VoG on normal
    Sundays @ 1pm EST

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Team Apology Accepted consists of BillyIdle, GMaster7, Hoodie13, JusticeforPluto, Katoth, and myself Darkyth. We are always apologizing to each other for silly things that we really don't need to apologize for. We have cleared normal. We haven't needed any alternates yet.

I am also on Team PA Alt-Stars which consists of Crayon, Igpx407, JusticeforPluto, Squall99x, Stragint, and myself. We have completed normal. Alternates are ANYONE, first come first serve, when needed.

Both teams are PS4.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Team Apology Accepted consists of BillyIdle, GMaster7, Hoodie13, JusticeforPluto, Katoth, and myself Darkyth. We are always apologizing to each other for silly things that we really don't need to apologize for. We have cleared normal. We haven't needed any alternates yet.

Last week, as soon as we landed on Venus for the Vault, I said, "Okay, no-death run!" and then hopped onto my sparrow (while holding the accelerator), boosted into Hoodie (who was running forward), and launched him into the face of a rock, killing him instantly. This all happened within three seconds, and I sped off without realizing what had happened. I sorta needed to apologize for that one.

Edit: God, typing that made me so excited to raid tonight.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Xbone//Team Motorboat Kitten

@jefe414 @erevar @morgan_coke @arteen @skippymchaggis @arteen's sister

Usually 7pm EST Thursday
    Completed VOG on Normal

EDIT: Actually, I think I meant 8pm EST. Stupid time zone conversion messed me up.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Me and two buddies are likely attempting double nightfall double raid tonight. If anyone else wants to raid and isn't a part of a regular group you are welcome to join us. We aren't as organized when it comes to timing but we have alts galore so well probably have 3 runs this week. Maybe more if we try hard mode this weekend.

So Tdlr lf3m for Vog tonight like 9,10 central.

Also apologies to @FuriousJodo for last week. I made the mistake of posting in destinylfg and got spammed by like 20 people so I was already full before I saw your reply (the next day...)

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Also can I have my own ps4 raid team? Team tacocat... Just me and pubs.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    @ObiFett‌
    Cold Nuggets - 8:00PM Memphis time, Thursdays
    Booboo - 8:00PM Memphis time, Saturdays

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, I pre-ordered the new Dooty at Gamestop in an attempt to get some Destiny skins, but apparently that promotion ended awhile ago. I didn't think to ask till after they'd run my card. Can you outright cancel a preorder? If not, can you just not pick it up and apply $5 to something else the next time you go?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Darkyth wrote: »

Last week, as soon as we landed on Venus for the Vault, I said, "Okay, no-death run!" and then hopped onto my sparrow (while holding the accelerator), boosted into Hoodie (who was running forward), and launched him into the face of a rock, killing him instantly. This all happened within three seconds, and I sped off without realizing what had happened. I sorta needed to apologize for that one.

Edit: God, typing that made me so excited to raid tonight.
    sorry

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Doing the nightfall now on xbone. In middle of second wave. Anyone is welcome to join!

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Doing the nightfall now on xbone. In middle of second wave. Anyone is welcome to join!

I'm sure some yellow wizards are just about ready to jump in your game...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    They're welcome, too. Got some rockets and such for em

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    @stragint and I were talking a while back about how we hope they put in class quests for entirely crazy and rare armor/guns/etc. It got me thinking on what these could be-

Hunter - Lost in the Wilds
    You're stranded with only your ghost in the middle of dangerous territory, surrounded by the deadliest trackers and other species equivalent of a hunter. Your ship is down for the count, you must survive the wilderness and find a way out. No markers, no way points and you get to select only one primary gun and your knife. No heavy weapons. Tracking and survival skills are necessary.

Warlock - The Void and the Dragon
    The great dragons are back and the ahamkara want nothing more than to feed off of your energy. Collect ingredients and mats (entirely new) to heighten your connection to the void to suss out locations of powerful void creatures. The ahamkara gear must be fed, destroy the wraiths and creatures that feed on the void in deep space to heighten your own power to lure the ahamkara to you. Giant boss battle
    that is either solo or with warlock only companions. Scales of course.

Titan - Punch things? I have no idea what a Titan quest would be other than reliving the defense of the city being assaulted on all sides in a massive all out battle.

• Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    I'm sorry @Obifett, but you have the Apology Accepted and All-Stars rosters mixed up.

Also Apology Accepted runs Wed at 6 pm PDT / 9 pm EDT.

Alt-Stars runs Thur at 6 pm PDT / 9 pm EDT.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, I pre-ordered the new Dooty at Gamestop in an attempt to get some Destiny skins, but apparently that promotion ended awhile ago. I didn't think to ask till after they'd run my card. Can you outright cancel a preorder? If not, can you just not pick it up and apply $5 to something else the next time you go?

You can change any pre-order basically at any time. If you dropped $5 on a pre-order and never picked it up, that money can be applied to another pre-order or (IIRC) refunded. You're in no danger here. :)

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

You should be able to cancel a preorder. The only time it gets fuzzy is with digital preorders?

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    @stragint and I were talking a while back about how we hope they put in class quests for entirely crazy and rare armor/guns/etc. It got me thinking on what these could be-

You're stranded with only your ghost in the middle of dangerous territory, surrounded by the deadliest trackers and other species equivalent of a hunter. Your ship is down for the count, you must survive the wilderness and find a way out. No markers, no way points and you get to select only one primary gun and your knife. No heavy weapons. Tracking and survival skills are necessary.

The great dragons are back and the ahamkara want nothing more than to feed off of your energy. Collect ingredients and mats (entirely new) to heighten your connection to the void to suss out locations of powerful void creatures. The ahamkara gear must be fed, destroy the wraiths and creatures that feed on the void in deep space to heighten your own power to lure the ahamkara to you. Giant boss battle

Titan - Punch things? I have no idea what a Titan quest would be other than reliving the defense of the city being assaulted on all sides in a massive all out battle.

re: the Titan quest, there's actually a Titan sash called "Mark of the Six Fronts", in memory of the first great battle around the Last City wherein 4 orders of titans held six different battlefronts, and none of the lines broke. That's a badass story I'd love to see, along the same lines as one of Halo's massive battles.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

re: the Titan quest, there's actually a Titan sash called "Mark of the Six Fronts", in memory of the first great battle around the Last City wherein 4 orders of titans held six different battlefronts, and none of the lines broke. That's a badass story I'd love to see, along the same lines as one of Halo's massive battles.

You get a quest to build the wall around the city. The game turns into Sim City... or a fetch quest for plasteel that is mysteriously dropped from Hive mobs.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Nah you build a wall alright, OUT OF BODIES!

THIS IS LAST CITY!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Ahh, good ol' epic quests. I was satisfied with the Exotic bounties, but I'd love something like this. What I would hate is if they had stuff on timers like in EQ where if you kill Venril Sathir, you have to wait like 72 hours before he'll spawn again. Talk about bullshit.

• Options
    And The Calling for the nightfall.

woo