As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MLP DMZ

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    of course part of me just really wants a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure thread (and let's face it that has more in common with Heavy Metal or 2000 AD than most manga)

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    on that note, Keith's Taste of A New Generation post is exactly the sort of chat thread I miss

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Whatever you like is bad and you should feel bad for liking it.

2012-04-01.jpg

• Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Swans?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Big white (sometimes black) aquatic birds

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Lt. Commander Babyhands

2012-03-07.jpg

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • Options
    Babyhands is a real issue in this superhero world.

2012-03-10.jpg

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    neeeeeeeeeeeecks....

2012-04-19.jpg

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    IVE0034.png
    IVE0035.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    I think they found the human you guys

• Options
    141024s.jpg

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    the human is us

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    the human is us

spooky

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the human is us

spooky

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    the human is us

i'm calling it now
    grown up wigu

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    gDECsXt.png

I like this jerk

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The joke of the thread was "This is a blatant, poorly-disguised trap." not "Haha anime is for jerks." If I wanted to make a thread taking the piss out of anime fans then I think it would have been significantly more different.

For me, the most hilarious part of the whole thing was D&D acting like people were just stupidly falling for it when like 90% of the people banned were those willingly doing it for a laugh.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31048959/#Comment_31048959
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31048903/#Comment_31048903

There's plenty of other people taking that thread as a lesson of lolol, anime fans are so dumb as well, I just quoted a couple that you responded to and encouraged.

When you're getting a bunch of reactions that boil down to, "Yeah, anime fans ARE a bunch of freaks!"
    And then someone like me, saying hey that joke really felt like punching down and was gross, and getting a bunch of agrees.

I don't know, you don't think there was ANYTHING there?

And let's be clear here, participants willingly taking on the role of the fool does not somehow magically take the implications out of a joke.

Anyway, this is the last I'll post about it, I don't want to drive the webcomics thread off topic. I've said my piece.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If you have a complaint about mod stuff or any other stuff, posting in here is generally a bad way to get anything done about it. I don't read this thread.

This isn't a "hey don't you dare complain publicly", this is just a note that there are more effective ways to complain.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I can see where you're coming from, Kana.

And I think the folks in the chat thread are the idiots for not seeing the obvious joke.

Also, I know you weren't here back when we were allowed to have anime threads. Believe me, they were taken away for a reason, and that reason is not because the mods hate anime.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh man rank edited every single youtube in that thread to just be this video, that is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA10XUaI3Mo

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    4fe57ee2e56adb696275eeab1486e345.png

d6d79882dd90f7b056a54defd87a53be.png

9eabc5ff57bf67af19c617af5b9dc014.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The landlord monster got a lot more round since his first appearance.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Now lets return to the anime free Dawngate Chronicles.

AlexLouisArmstrong!LookAtThoseGodlyMuscles!.jpg

Wait damn, wrong over acted, balding muscly dude.
    KGXBDW7UDX.jpg

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Blocking
    1.5.17.versionB.jpg.jpeg

Aid from Above
    2000-03-26-Aid-from-Above.jpg

http://www.harkovast.com/?id=67

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Also:

20141024.jpg

The penny finally drops.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    An arraigned marriage?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    An arraigned marriage?

Page only just went up. Will probably be fixed by tomorrow.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    is making fun of anime really punching down? Because I don't think that anime fans need to be grouped into a protected designation. That's for stuff that like...matters.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    An arraigned marriage?

Page only just went up. Will probably be fixed by tomorrow.

yes, please don't make this a harangued marriage, DP

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

KGXBDW7UDX.jpg

Hmm. I wonder what the cypher is here.

I was going to try something based on the first three words being "Welcome!" and "I am", but then I saw that the first letter in the first word might actually be two (the second one then being what I thought might be an "a").

So yeah, I don't think that works.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    is making fun of anime really punching down? Because I don't think that anime fans need to be grouped into a protected designation. That's for stuff that like...matters.

Excuse me, are you saying anime doesn't matter?!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Anime is blood.

• Options
    Quit hatin on anime to make yourselves feel better about whatever awful persuits you have.

He said, in the webcomics forum... while reading day by day and sinfest on two monitors at the same time.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »

KGXBDW7UDX.jpg

Hmm. I wonder what the cypher is here.

I was going to try something based on the first three words being "Welcome!" and "I am", but then I saw that the first letter in the first word might actually be two (the second one then being what I thought might be an "a").

So yeah, I don't think that works.

Nah, the double triangle tail thing only shows up on that first letter. So it's probably just Welcome.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I've been around here for a....fairly long time, and honestly, the No Anime rule is for the best.

Are there people out there who can discuss Anime and not be fucking weirdo's about it? Yes.

But then someone posts about some WAYYYY skeezy shit and it attracts the goddamn horribles like flies, to the point where most of the discussion just get's fucking driven to blatent fanserivce creepy ass bullshit.

This discussion has been closed.